Author Topic: Teams that you were happy/unhappy about winning the race?  (Read 6327 times)

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
Teams that you were happy/unhappy about winning the race?
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:17:08 AM »
Out of the winning teams, which ones were you glad that they won and which were you upset about?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Teams that you were happy/unhappy about winning the race?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
I'm happy/neutral about every outcome of every race; these are the exceptions:

I was THRILLED to see these teams win:

Uchenna and Joyce
BJ and Tyler
TK and Rachel
Nat and Kat
Kisha & Jen

I was DEMORALISED to see these teams win:

Freddy and Kendra
Eric and Danielle
Dan and Jordan

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Not sure I have been thrilled by any, but I'm probably more accepting of (whether they were my favourites that season or not):

Flo Pesenti &
Zach Behr

TK Erwin &
Rachel Rosales

Ernie Halvorsen &
Cindy Chiang

Most disliked from a season I finished watching:
Dan &
Jordan Pious
(and they never built that tower of glasses properly)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
I normally think all the teams who win deserve it in the end, even if I do not like the team.

However there is one team in particular who did not deserve the win at all, having saved by two NELs due to sheer luck. They should have been eliminated but ended up winning??

That season was also the worst season I've ever watched IMO, really bad teams and unexciting finishes with the two all male teams dominating throughout.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
I think the only team I really had a problem with was Reichen and Chip.  Not sure why, but something about them just didn't sit right with me.

addie

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
Let see:
Reichen & Chip
TK & Rachel
Tammy & Victor
Ernie & Cindy

are the ones I don't like.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »
Eric & Danielle from Season 11, they shouldn't have been casted at all since they were not even really a couple.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Nat & Kat. I think they showed outstanding performance throughout the race. And I love Nat's subtle bubbly personality. She's such a sweetheart.

Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
Happy:
Rachel\Dave
Meghan\Cheyne
Tammy\Victor
TK\Rachel
BJ\Tyler
Uchenna\Joyce
Freddy\Kendra
Chip\Kim

Neutral:
Jen\Kisha
Nat\Kat
Nick\Starr
Tyler\James
Linz Family
Flo\Zach
Chris\Alex
Rob\Brennan

Unhappy:
Ernie\Cindy
Dan\Jordan
Eric\Danielle
Chip\Reichen
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 01:59:12 AM »
Nat & Kat. I think they showed outstanding performance throughout the race. And I love Nat's subtle bubbly personality. She's such a sweetheart.

They were alright but I wanted Brook and Claire to win.  And I felt a bit manipulated when the producers kept pushing the diabetes angle towards the end.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
Among the winners:
Rob and Brennan (I was a minority among the early fan base.....until they won. Made me look like a prophet.)
Reichen and Chip. Regardless of Reichen's post TAR career choices, they were a good team, and Chip excelled in the airports and travel agencies, and used it to their advantage in their season over and over again.
The Linz family - Despite some of the flaws of FE, the casting of the teams that did well was not one of the flaws. The Linz were a team that was likeable and easy on the eyes and ears -- and their helping their parents with the prize money was classy.
Tyler-James - A very likeable team that were consistently good throughout their season.
Eric-Danielle - Only because Eric was part of the best performing team in TAR history, and who should have been teamed with Jeremy in All-Stars. He's good enough to come in first even without his original partner. Which was why I was happy about it.
Rachel-TK
Nick-Starr
Ernie-Cindy
Rachel-Dave

-- theschnauzers

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

They were alright but I wanted Brook and Claire to win.  And I felt a bit manipulated when the producers kept pushing the diabetes angle towards the end.

I was rooting for either of those teams. So I'm very happy which ever team won.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »
Happy:
BJ & Tyler - my all-time favorite team, wanted them to win the whole season
Nat & Kat - perfect female team to win first time

Neutral:
Flo & Zach - favorites in final but others could have won too
Reichen & Chip - Kelly & Jon were my favorites but Reichen & Chip were my other favorites
Chip & Kim - boring, Colin & Christie should have won
Linz family - I just hoped that Weavers don't win
Tyler & James - Dustin & Kandice :'( but the guys were best choice in the final
TK & Rachel - I liked them, but Ron & Christina were good too
Nick & Starr - best choice of the finalists
Tammy & Victor - strong team and they deserved their victory
Dan & Jordan - my favorites of the finalists but cowboys deserved it too
Kisha & Jen - Gary & Mallory and Zev & Justin :'( rather the girls than the Globetrotters
Rachel & Dave - Not my favorite team but better choice than Brenchel or Art & JJ

Unhappy:
Rob & Brennan - Frank & Margarita deserved the victory!
Chris & Alex - Tara & Will fan here!
Freddy & Kendra - Kris & Jon, please!
Uchenna & Joyce - Rob & Amber!!!
Eric & Danielle - Dustin & Kandice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meghan & Cheyne - Brian & Ericka!
Ernie & Cindy - I don't like them or Amani & Marcus, so Jeremy & Sandy FTW!

Offline randomperpie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
Happy:
Nat and Kat -> You could switch them with Brooke and Claire and I'd still be happy. Well earned win and they were very likeable.

Content:
Chip and Kim -> Underdog story, I don't think they deserved it more than Colin and Christie but I prefered these two over the rest of the F3.
Uchenna and Joyce -> Romber probably deserved it more, but I disliked Romber and Ron and Kelly, so this was perfect
Linz Family -> As long as the Weaver family didn't win, I was okay with it. Would have prefered the Bransens though, but I still like the Linzs.
Tyler and James -> Seemed nice enough, I don't normally like 'alpha-male' teams, but these two are certainly the most enjoyable of the bunch.
Nick and Starr -> I liked them from the beginning, but they were always second to Toni and Dallas for me that season.
Flo and Zach -> Would have prefered the others, but I didn't hate anyone from this season, so it was all good in the end.

Neutral:
Meghan and Cheyne -> Anyone else would have been a disapointment, they earned the win, though I didn't care for them.
Rob and Brennan -> Interchangable with Frank and Margarita, either would have the same neutral effect on me.
Rachel and Dave -> Not their biggest fan, but a heck of a lot better than Brenchal or Art and JJ.
TK and Rachel -> Don't know much about them, but they seemed decent. (TAR12 is the only season I have yet to see in full)
Dan and Jordan -> They seemed nice, but Jet and Cord deserved it so much more.
Tammy and Victor -> Would have been happy with anyone in the F3, they were just my last choice.

Didn't Care for:
Kisha and Jen -> Didn't like them in TAR14, but I remained neutral to them throughout TAR18. I still think the other teams in the F4 deserved it more though, but I'd rather them win over the Globetrotters
Ernie and Cindy -> I liked them in the beginning, but that changed. I think they earned their win though, deserved it more than Jermey and Sandy and Amani and Marcus.
Eric and Danielle -> I still don't think Danielle should have been brought back, and I don't care for these two in general. Gotta hand it to them though for making up 12 hours.
Chris and Alex -> The whole F3 was 'meh' to me in TAR2.
Freddy and Kendra -> I would have much rather seen Kris and Jon win...

Unhappy:
Reichen and Chip -> Something about them I didn't like. Kelly and Jon would have been much better, or even David and Jeff.
BJ and Tyler -> Liked them through Russia, but after that they went downhill fast. They became annoying and overwhelming, one of the major reasons why I don't like TAR9.