Author Topic: TAR 21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 51718 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays >>Premiere Sun Sept 30!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
dpe, there are no national late games on CBS on September 30th; all CBS markets will only air one game. Some markets on the east coast feed may be airing the 4:05 games (we won't know which one until the Tuesday before the 30th) but for most places who take the CBS east coast feed, the game will start on time.
(CBS has scheduled a one hour rodeo broadcast after the NFL, and local news and programming will then air until 60 Minutes at 7pm. That's one reason why we know TAR is expected to start on time that night for most east and central time zone markets.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:37:37 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
AWESOME...  can't wait for the 30th :duno:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:14:54 PM by dpe »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
30th lol!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »
30th lol!

Lol. But, for me, it's October the 1st.
This is because I live in Asia {Malaysia}
It's at 8p.m. (for you guys), right?
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
dpe, there are no national late games on CBS on September 30th; all CBS markets will only air one game. Some markets on the east coast feed may be airing the 4:05 games (we won't know which one until the Tuesday before the 30th) but for most places who take the CBS east coast feed, the game will start on time.
(CBS has scheduled a one hour rodeo broadcast after the NFL, and local news and programming will then air until 60 Minutes at 7pm. That's one reason why we know TAR is expected to start on time that night for most east and central time zone markets.)
Except if your 405pm game to Eastern Time Zone cities runs past 7pm, which several of them could.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
Except if your 405pm game to Eastern Time Zone cities runs past 7pm, which several of them could.

Cincinnati at Jacksonville, Oakland at Denver, and Miami at Arizona are the 3 games being broadcasted on CBS at the 4:05 Timeslot. So the Miami, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville markets will most likely have delays. Other than those markets, CBS should broadcast early games on the East Coast feed. So in general, most markets on the east coast feed should receive TAR on time.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »
We'll know more about which CBS markets are getting those games around Tuesday of next week. CBS and the NFL don't decide which other markets will get the late afternoon games until then. (Example West Palm Beach, Ft. Myers and some central Florida markets (and central Texas) might get the Dolphins game (and central Texas because the rookie starting quarterback graduated from Texas A&M); that's one reason why I don't want to discuss specific markets until the programming information becomes available.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 01:35:39 AM »
I agree with you the_schnauzers......we need to wait till next week to see just what CBS will decide.

One thing they will not do is to show the Mia game @ College Station. College Station is a secondary market of the Houston Texas. The Texan game will most certainlly be sold out and that game will be shown in College Station. You idea is excellent, just a bad example. Central Texas (Waco/Austin) is a different story. Waco is a secondary market of the Cowboys...but Dallas plays on Monday night....so they might pick up the Houston game too. Austin will probably pick up the Houston game too....just depends on how CBS decides to spread out their games that day. Since CBS doesn't have to worry about conflicts with the Dallas markets....I would assume they will flood all of the Texas CBS markets with the Texans game.

Which brings me back to the your orginal statment....we just need to wait a week and see what CBS decides. We can speculate forever...and it wont make much difference.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:39:17 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 07:55:50 AM »
I will agree with all that. I was making a general statement that most markets will not be delayed. If you are a football fan, you should know which game you will get. I live in Iowa and I am 99% sure I will get the Kansas City game on CBS at the 1:00 P.M. timeslot. This is following the typical trends in my area.

I will agree that the only way to know for sure is to wait and see what CBS decides.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
If today's late games are any indication, TAR will be starting late in the coming weeks. It is 19.55 EDT and the PIT/OAK game is not yet over.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
And it is finally over at 20.03 EDT. If TAR were starting tonight it would not have begun before 21.05

If that final field goal had been missed and the game gone to overtime, 60 minutes may not have concluded until 21.30

Look forward to a lot of late starts this season, I would set your recording devices to run to 22.00 or just watch it online on Monday

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »

Today I saw on TV guide today that The Amazing Race was listed to start at 8:30 ET on October 7th a day where CBS has the Double Header. Is CBS going to officially set the start time for days with double headers 30 minutes later than usual?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »
Yes Jimmer25. It was already discussed upthread.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Yes Jimmer25. It was already discussed upthread.

Oh, sorry. I didn't see that.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 05:15:30 AM »
As I supected, Dallas area will show the Tenn/Houston game at noon CDT. TAR will start ontime at 7pm CDT.

The national maps are late again this week. If you want a good online TV viewing guide, I would reccomend  www.titantv.com   You can customize it to your zipcode. If you use a cable or satellite provider, you can set it to that providers channels. If you use over the air broadcast TV, you can also set it to that. You can delete all the channels you do not wish to be in your channel list. It normally has the schedule up about two weeks in advance.

On the Sundays, that CBS has single games......you can know about two weeks in advance if you will get one of the late games. But CBS sometimes makes changes up to about 72 hours before game time.

Again, the delayed starts to TAR, for CBS single game Sundays will only affect viewers in the Eastern and Central Time zones. On CBS double header Sundays, all viewers in Eastern and Central time zones will be delayed by at least 30 minutes due to CBS altering the start of their prime time schedule. For the most part, I think it will be delayed longer than that for those 5 Sundays.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:21:31 AM by DrRox »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »
Here is the list of metro areas to be broadcast in 405pm games by CBS and potentially affected by a delay with completion past 7pm):

Oakland/Denver - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Jackson MS, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, New York City
Cincinnati/Jacksonville - most of Ohio except Cleveland, eastern Tennessee, southern West Virginia, Panhandle Florida, Jacksonville, Savannah
Miami/Arizona - Miami, Orlando, Mobile

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Here is the list of metro areas to be broadcast in 405pm games by CBS and potentially affected by a delay with completion past 7pm):

Oakland/Denver - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Jackson MS, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, New York City
Cincinnati/Jacksonville - most of Ohio except Cleveland, eastern Tennessee, southern West Virginia, Panhandle Florida, Jacksonville, Savannah
Miami/Arizona - Miami, Orlando, Mobile

If you look at the map posted at The506.com http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk4.html it will confirm that quite a few major markets are getting the late game, especially including NYC.

There may be changes as local stations can ask to be switched to a different game as late as Friday.
But having NYC, most of Florida and Atlanta, Detroit, and St. Louis is quite a bit of the east coast feed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
Oh joy. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
Since the maps went up late I held off checking to see if any markets were changed, and there were no changes this week. (That is rare for CBS.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
At the beginning of the 4th quarter it was 624pm. That means that those receiving the Broncos/Raiders game will likely see 60 Minutes by about 710pm unless CBS elects a reroute all to the last of the 3 405pm games to finish.

The Broncos are up 34-6, so overtime will not be a factor. 

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Can I know how many time is left until the episode is broadcasted? I have no idea about how those timings and matches and stuff works. Is it about 2 hours? Or how's that?

Thanks a lot! :D

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
David,

If the game ends and 60 Minutes starts at 710pm, Amazing Race 21 starts at 810pm. That is 80 minutes from right now.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
David,

If the game ends and 60 Minutes starts at 710pm, Amazing Race 21 starts at 810pm. That is 80 minutes from right now.

Thanks a lot! :D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
I'm monitoring the Miami at Arizona game online, and they're currently about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, with Miami having just scored to take a 21-14 lead. Looks like people in Florida are going to have a delay no matter what.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
The OAK/DEN games is over. I estimate that 5 minutes of baloney will follow unless CBS elects to show the finish of other games.

We can expect AR21 to start around 810pm EDT.