Archive > Amazing Race 21 Spoilers Archive

TAR 21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays

<< < (3/30) > >>

apskip:
I consider the delay in start of the second games to be the most significant change in how games are broadcast for 2012. This has been mentioned here before, but that what will happen is that kickoffs for late games will be moved back 10 minutes, from 4:15 ET to 4:25. This will most certainly mean more delays in the start of the CBS evening TV lineup from 60 Minutes on whenever CBS has the "late game."

What I am unclear about is whether this affects only the designated national game which started in 2011 at 415pm or also any other games which started in the off-weeks at 405pm.

FishyFred:
Wow, they've effectively move the start back 20 minutes in 2 years.  And the delays were bad enough with 4:05 starts.  CBS just needs to bite the bullet and move all of their Sunday Primetime back a half hour or even an hour.  Last year, the DVR timer with a half hour padding was sometimes not enough.  I'll probably need an hour extra this year. 

DrRox:
Only the nationally televised double header games will start at 4:25pm Eastern Time. Late single games will start at 4:05.

CBS will have double header Sundays on Oct 7, 21, Nov 4, 18, Dec 2. Those can just about be counted as a delayed start for TAR.

The other Sundays in the season, CBS has late single games that could cause local delays in the start of TAR in the Eastern and Central time zone cities associated with those late games.

apskip:
Dr. Rox,

How many 4:05pm start games do you know that finish before 7pm? My estimate is far less than half. Yes, the 20 minute difference in start time does make it more likely, but most late games will overrun 7pm and push the CBS Sunday evening schedule into a delay mode.

Mister RC:

--- Quote from: apskip on September 03, 2012, 10:37:04 AM ---Dr. Rox,

How many 4:05pm start games do you know that finish before 7pm? My estimate is far less than half. Yes, the 20 minute difference in start time does make it more likely, but most late games will overrun 7pm and push the CBS Sunday evening schedule into a delay mode.

--- End quote ---

More like ALL CBS double headers WILL delay the CBS Primetime Sunday line-up!  While some games do last under 3 hours in real time, it's actually 2:45 (7:10 start for 60 Minutes at the earliest).  Also, as is the custom for CBS double-headers, they wait until all of the games have concluded prior to the start of 60 Minutes.  So if the Pats or Ravens are done by, say 7:30, but Denver or Oakland are still in play, they'll switch to that game.

In addition, the new overtime rules are now in effect in the regular season.  So, what that means is if a team takes 9 minutes (game time) off the clock, but kicks a FG, the other team will have to match that (or beat that) for the game to end.  And if they match it, it's sudden death.  In conclusion, it could be 8:00 ET, and 60 minutes still could be in waiting.  Interesting times!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version