Author Topic: BB14 Discussion of the Live Feeds #1  (Read 273286 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: BB14 Discussion of the Live Feeds #1
« Reply #825 on: August 16, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
Albert, you're right, I didn't notice the unbuttoned pants until you pointed it out. I know this happens in real life, but do I want to see it on feeds? No!

Frank has an amorphous personality, he can curse with Boogie or he can be absolutely charming and in this case, a user or at least he wanted to be a user. (I'm not sure this is the right word for his personality but he changes to reflect who he is with.)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #826 on: August 16, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
In ratings news....this just in:  Big Brother placed second for the night, up about 10 percent week-to-week to 5.83 mil/2.1, and
hitting a Wednesday high for the season.

So much for "No one will watch once Janie is evicted."

Offline AlbertHodges

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • No Donatos this season, PLEASE!
« Reply #827 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
BB's rating usually increase as the season progresses.

What is needed is to see how the season to date ratings compared to last year.

I predict this will be the lowest viewed season in 4 years, at least.

In my opinion.
Favorite Houseguests of all time:

Janelle, Howie, Jeff, Jordan, Chicken George, Kaysar and Dr. Will.

Offline RabbitInTheMoon

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #828 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
I agree Albert.  I think this will be probably the least watched season, at least so far.  I love Dan and Britney but the season is lacking terribly.  From the amount of fish we see I almost started routing for one of them to win the $500,000.   Woohoo large blue fish for the win!
This beat is "tecnotronics"

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
I agree Albert.  I think this will be probably the least watched season, at least so far.  I love Dan and Britney but the season is lacking terribly.  From the amount of fish we see I almost started routing for one of them to win the $500,000.   Woohoo large blue fish for the win!

I'm pulling for Ted.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #830 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »
 The Olympics are over thats why the ratings went up a little.

In ratings news....this just in:  Big Brother placed second for the night, up about 10 percent week-to-week to 5.83 mil/2.1, and

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #831 on: August 16, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

I agree.  Plus, the Zingbot episodes are always funny, so people tune in for that.  And I anticipate that tonight's show will get good ratings as well after the "Return of Jeff" commercial.  I'm surprised they haven't hyped that more. 

I never put stock in ratings any more.  They hardly matter in the age of dvr. 

I follow several of the BB groups on Facebook and, in the days leading up to Janelle's eviction, anytime they would make a comment about anything at all, it would turn into a 'Save Janie!' crusade.  I was referring to the endless comments I saw in those threads about how the ratings would plummet and no one would watch any more.  It's just not how it works with this show.  Even when your favorite player is out, you keep watching so you can see vengeance in their memory!  Or you can watch the player(s) you hate and pray for them to writhe around in the BY and anguish over the error of their ways.  I'm 100% guilty.  I do it every season.....except I know myself better than to ever say I'll quit watching.  It's like BB Crack.....I can't turn away.  We need a 12 step program.

Offline RabbitInTheMoon

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #832 on: August 16, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »

I agree.  Plus, the Zingbot episodes are always funny, so people tune in for that.  And I anticipate that tonight's show will get good ratings as well after the "Return of Jeff" commercial.  I'm surprised they haven't hyped that more. 

I never put stock in ratings any more.  They hardly matter in the age of dvr. 

I follow several of the BB groups on Facebook and, in the days leading up to Janelle's eviction, anytime they would make a comment about anything at all, it would turn into a 'Save Janie!' crusade.  I was referring to the endless comments I saw in those threads about how the ratings would plummet and no one would watch any more.  It's just not how it works with this show.  Even when your favorite player is out, you keep watching so you can see vengeance in their memory!  Or you can watch the player(s) you hate and pray for them to writhe around in the BY and anguish over the error of their ways.  I'm 100% guilty.  I do it every season.....except I know myself better than to ever say I'll quit watching.  It's like BB Crack.....I can't turn away.  We need a 12 step program.

Couldn't say it any better myself.  It is BB crack!  My boyfriend thought I was nuts until he started watching it with me two summers ago.  Now he remembers that times it airs better than I do!! 

I'm just curious about what they are building in the backyard.  Seems like an endurace build but they just had one!!  Very interesting
This beat is "tecnotronics"

Offline Grace23

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #833 on: August 16, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
JMO..but i really think/know..brit could win bb..sitting next to jenn, ash, joe, and yes..even danilelle..and maybe Ian,,,the reason i say Ian...is for afew reasons, 1st..for some reason the bb jury doesn't want to give 500k to a 21 year old..and second...if Ian doesnt step up and win ..i mean win atlease 2 hoh's and a pov...say if he just went to the end with brit..and didn't win anything..i really think brit can win over Ian..now brit needs to start winning..and i really think she is going to start from here on out....oh, and brit can win sitting by danielle also..she can...so jmo brit has a great chance of winning bb....if i where brit..i would keep, joe. ash, dani and jenn to go to the end with..and we all know..brit can win comps...how she knows she cant trust booger...yuck..how can anyone....so if she sees someone that could win hoh that doesnt have her back..brit will not throw it..she will go for the win..again jmo :hrt:
Remember To Help Stop The Abuse Of Women, And Children...Be A Voice, Take A Stand

Offline karma

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #834 on: August 16, 2012, 05:23:48 PM »
ok i need the help of a veteran here. At 2:54pm BB time on the feed 1 Boogie asked Dan/Danielle how did they know last endurance what to wear and Danielle blurted out that "Rich told us when he told us who to vote for" then ;fishies; I am confused. why would the staff be telling them who to vote for? like what the heck was that about?
what goes around, comes around.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #835 on: August 16, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »
ok i need the help of a veteran here. At 2:54pm BB time on the feed 1 Boogie asked Dan/Danielle how did they know last endurance what to wear and Danielle blurted out that "Rich told us when he told us who to vote for" then ;fishies; I am confused. why would the staff be telling them who to vote for? like what the heck was that about?

Whoa! I missed that! We need to look that up on Flashback!

Offline karma

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #836 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »

Whoa! I missed that! We need to look that up on Flashback!

please do and share....caught me off guard then confused the heck out of me.

Offline TLee83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #837 on: August 16, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
wtf i thought this live feed was supposed to be "all day, every day". This trivia nonsense is no bueno

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #838 on: August 16, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »

That is exactly what she said! I never heard this before, production telling them how to vote. Good catch Karma!  :hoot: :hoot:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #839 on: August 16, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
wtf i thought this live feed was supposed to be "all day, every day". This trivia nonsense is no bueno

TLee93: They block the feeds when the house guests are getting briefed on the live show and perhaps getting a run-through of the competition for tonight.  We are blocked from other things as well like the POV ceremony because they don't want us spoiling it before the network show. (We figure it out fast enough afterwards though!) }:>

Welcome to RFF!

:welcome: :ty4posting :welcome:

Offline karma

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #840 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

That is exactly what she said! I never heard this before, production telling them how to vote. Good catch Karma!  :hoot: :hoot:

might have been a good catch but i am so disappointed. I always thought it was on the up and up. what a let down.  :'(

Offline TLee83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #841 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »
I love the trivia, and especially the parts on the commercials that say this live feed is "all day, everyday".

Not the case the last couple hours. Dont hate bc i keep it real

Offline Rebellion

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #842 on: August 16, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »
a lot is scripted about this show, they read from cue cards in the diary room as well, it isn't really reality at all, it is a pretty much scripted show!, just like if they want to keep someone on the show, they will make it happen, or if they want someone to get HOH they will make it happen.
If Julie Chen (Chenbot) weren't married to the big boss, I doubt she would be hosting this show, or booting out her competition on The Talk!  She is a useless waste of space!

Offline karma

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #843 on: August 16, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
a lot is scripted about this show, they read from cue cards in the diary room as well, it isn't really reality at all, it is a pretty much scripted show!, just like if they want to keep someone on the show, they will make it happen, or if they want someone to get HOH they will make it happen.

I was blinded by the show. lol I really believed it was legit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #844 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »

might have been a good catch but i am so disappointed. I always thought it was on the up and up. what a let down.  :'(

Me too! I have NEVER heard of production telling someone how to vote! NEVER!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #845 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
has anyone rebelled before?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #846 on: August 16, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
It's not telling them who to vote for  productions tells them where they have to sit TO VOTE on the couches. I didnt hear the exact convo but  I have heard it in the past that they place them on the couches  in specific ways.

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #847 on: August 16, 2012, 07:49:01 PM »
That makes sense Ugot.

Offline Rebellion

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #848 on: August 16, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »
sorry, guys I seriously thought everyone knew, they have done it for many seasons, they always try to influence who want you to vote for in the diary room , of course they will deny it. just like when they had that leak recently in the diary room with Dan and Joe overheard them asking him about the alliance with boogie and frank and production was called out on it, they denied it, and then they shushed it up real quick.  And watch the house guests in the diary room , you can see them reading the cue cards, and really since it has been such a boring season the zing from the zingbot to danielle about shane was to try and get something happening, and you can be sure they play on her insecurities in the room about ashley, they need something to happen to create excitement so they make it happen.

they really do try to influence the votes!!!

sorry I just though everyone knew.  :ascared
If Julie Chen (Chenbot) weren't married to the big boss, I doubt she would be hosting this show, or booting out her competition on The Talk!  She is a useless waste of space!

Offline EllenHHHseducer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #849 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »
If I were in the game, I will get the 10K and then the safety.  blahblah