Author Topic: TAR Australia: Is the 1st or 2nd season better?  (Read 12757 times)

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
TAR Australia: Is the 1st or 2nd season better?
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:20:40 AM »
So we're only half way through the second season of TAR Aus, but so far do you prefer this season or the first or can't decide?

Offline compac171

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR Australia: Is the 1st or 2nd season better?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »
The worst about Season two are the bad editing and the bad placement of the challenges, like we already got 2 non aired Detours and a Roadblock , the Yield whit the Intersection in the same leg its just awful  :res: and they just passed by France like doing almost anything  :groan: Its like ''people we are in France what are we going to do, oh yeah what about delivering cheese and making souffle  :umn: '' cmon people we just wasted being in France  (:;).

The good thing about this season is we got a lot of likable teams and everyones is doing their job pretty well :hearts: and I'm also loving they are in Cuba I'm wondering why USA seasons never go there  :lol: , the task are OK but I'm still hoping this season gets better cuz i want to see a Season 3 :yess:
Mexican teens love The Amazing Race too :D

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
Season 2 is worst than Season 1 , IMO...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
^Cuba & USA are the opposite from BFFs, rivalry etc.

but I can't decide between the two, since they are both great <3

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »
imo, Season 2. The teams are very likeable, the route is amazing, and the boot order isn't painful (unlike season 1)

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
I prefer Season 2 much more. Season 2's tasks are much better (so far) than Season 1's, Season 1 had far too many tasks that were too samey. People seem to keep saying that the design of the legs are bad, but I prefer the way they are designed compared to the American version, it's far more unpredictable. The only leg I haven't really enjoyed is Istanbul 2, but I still found it quite entertaining.

The teams in both seasons have been fantastic though, but the boot order in this race is much better than the last one I think.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
I have to wait for this season to end to answer that.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:43 AM »
Well the best five legs of TARAus in my opinion are Legs 1-5 of Season 1. The rest of Season 1 after that was pretty awful, in my opinion. Season 2 hasn't been quite as good as those first five legs of Season 1, but it's been far better than the second half of Season 1. If Season 2 continues as it has been going so far, it will be better than Season 1 for sure, but I'll also have to wait until it's over to say that conclusively. ;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

addie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:31:39 AM »
imo, Season 2. The teams are very likeable, the route is amazing, and the boot order isn't painful (unlike season 1)

^

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:48:15 AM »

^

Definitely agree with that, too. ;)

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 05:07:53 AM »
I think Season 2 is better despite the problem of bad placements in legs
The teams are far more interesting. The only team that was better last season was Sam and Renae
Lucy and Emilia are hilarious. The twins are great together
Paul and Steve are strong villains but not as childish as Art/JJ
Joseph and Grace are stupid team
Sarah is actually better than the boytoy...(also better than Chris and Anastasia)
I think they need a new host tbh...but I love how teams can catch up in some legs but too bad they can't in legs with bad placement.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
Casting is the most important factor me so I will say Season 2. yes, it has bas editing amd such but still it covered up byall of this likeable team:)). The boot order seems to go from the least liked to the most liked so its perfect. Does it mean Lucy and Emilia will win it all? Lol.  :conf:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »
Both were/are amazing seasons comparable to some early season of the US versons.

Great cast (but the boot order in season 1 was just horable)
Amazing locations (Israel, Cuba,Sri Lanka,Turkey Just to name a few)
The editing is just ok. Not amazing but not Horable.
Some legs were planed amazingly (season 1, leg 3) others were were planed horablily (season 2, legs 5/6) and the tasks are all amazing. 
I think they need a new host
Why Grant is a great host espicaly when compared to Allan from the Asian verson

But back to which is beter. Its a tough call but i giving it to season 2 : Great cast, good boot order and the first non US season to go around the world.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
Season 2 because that season was featured to my country, The Philippines! :conf:

Hopefully by next season they should visit New Zealand, Japan, England, Italy and more France and Philippines. :tup:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
I'm waiting for the end of the season before I can answer, but I can say this: Grant's host style is worse this season and the cast is more of a bunch of cartoon characters than relatable people.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
IMO season 2 is way much better than the 1st one. tasks,cast,route everything is so awesome and the main thing you can't predict who's gonna be eliminated  :o (of course if you don't know spoilers  :lol3: )

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
I'm waiting for the end of the season before I can answer, but I can say this: Grant's host style is worse this season and the cast is more of a bunch of cartoon characters than relatable people.

I actually think I like Grant better this time around.  I think he's a little less severe at the mat, and he has had kind parting words for the eliminated contestants.  At least, that's how it has been edited. 

(This is what I wrote about him last year: "Yes, Grant is not very talkative.  The way it's edited, it seems like he doesn't want any mat chat, especially from the eliminated teams.   With them, the vibe is almost like he's bouncer at a bar, and if they were there a minute longer, you can imagine him saying 'I'm going to have to ask you to leave now....'")   

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »

I actually think I like Grant better this time around.  I think he's a little less severe at the mat, and he has had kind parting words for the eliminated contestants.  At least, that's how it has been edited. 

(This is what I wrote about him last year: "Yes, Grant is not very talkative.  The way it's edited, it seems like he doesn't want any mat chat, especially from the eliminated teams.   With them, the vibe is almost like he's bouncer at a bar, and if they were there a minute longer, you can imagine him saying 'I'm going to have to ask you to leave now....'")

Grant isn't too bad.  To see him at his worst look at the first series of the Australian version of The Mole, he sounds creepy the way he speaks in that gentle way to contestants as if they are children.  At least he sounds a bit more normal now.  Sometimes he can still sound too affected, maybe when describing where he is, but it could be worse.

The cast for the second season is surely better.  I don't remember the season 1 tasks or locations that much so hard to make the comparison there.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
I also like Grant better this season, although I still liked him on Season 1 as well. ;) (was always excited to have him as the host after watching him on Ugly Betty :lol:)

I just wish he would say "you are team number __" instead of "you are the __th team to arrive" or any of his other alternatives. Every time one of my favourite teams checks in, he gives me heart failure because I keep thinking that he's about to slap a penalty on them. :lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
I also like Grant better this season, although I still liked him on Season 1 as well. ;) (was always excited to have him as the host after watching him on Ugly Betty :lol:)

I just wish he would say "you are team number __" instead of "you are the __th team to arrive" or any of his other alternatives. Every time one of my favourite teams checks in, he gives me heart failure because I keep thinking that he's about to slap a penalty on them. :lol:

I agree 100% with the second point. It good that he's trying to differentiate himself, but how you check in the teams is just something you can't change.

What bugs me about Grant this season is...how......slow......he.....talks..........in...........all........................his.................narrations.

Offline NorCalRacer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:10 AM »
If the production dont often copy the task from other TAR, this will be a completely perfect race.
Enough Drama, exotic location, Guts to across the Atlantic Ocean, Awesome casting, these all make me put this season among all Amazing races in all versions if I enjoy this season as a normal audience but not a TAR Analyzer. 

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:24 AM »
I think this season is better, imo every aspect has been improved.

The route has expanded and hits very interesting and colorful countries, so far it's the first and only non-american edition to circumnavigate the world. That's no small feat.

The tasks are more creative, interesting, and original (of course).

I thought the casting for season 1 was perfect, but I realize that there are 3 dull-ish teams, and all of them have ended up in the final three. The cast this season has delivered, everyone is interesting, dullness is not to be found here.

Speaking of 3 dull-ish teams in the final three of season 1, the boot order is MILES better in this season than the first.

I also loved the refined production value, it just looks so much more grandiose and.. for lack of better words... amazing.

The biggest thing, for me, is Lucy and Emilia. I'm not kidding, I love 'em so much, they alone make this season. The reasons stated above are just bonuses in what is definitely in the top 3 of Amazing Race season ever... period.

Every other version of the amazing race, including the american one, needs to take lessons from the australian. Imo, it is the best by far.
Bring on the 21!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:36 AM »
I think this season is better, imo every aspect has been improved.

The route has expanded and hits very interesting and colorful countries, so far it's the first and only non-american edition to circumnavigate the world. That's no small feat.

The tasks are more creative, interesting, and original (of course).

I thought the casting for season 1 was perfect, but I realize that there are 3 dull-ish teams, and all of them have ended up in the final three. The cast this season has delivered, everyone is interesting, dullness is not to be found here.

Speaking of 3 dull-ish teams in the final three of season 1, the boot order is MILES better in this season than the first.

I also loved the refined production value, it just looks so much more grandiose and.. for lack of better words... amazing.

The biggest thing, for me, is Lucy and Emilia. I'm not kidding, I love 'em so much, they alone make this season. The reasons stated above are just bonuses in what is definitely in the top 3 of Amazing Race season ever... period.

Every other version of the amazing race, including the american one, needs to take lessons from the australian. Imo, it is the best by far.
actually, even TAR France made a circumnavigation of all 4 corners of the globe in spite that it's just 1st season.  So TAR France is the 2nd non-American TAR franchise to make that record. :tup:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
Pop Quiz time. Which season is this talking about?

Episode 1 - Token "fat" team is saved by a non-elimination in an Asian island nation.

Episode 2 - Random luck challenge involving local garments, plus a Detour based loosely on farming.

Episode 3 - Older all-female team from Western Australia collapses under the jawdropping pressure of a fairly simple mental Road Block and is eliminated.

Episode 4 - The pariah team is U-Turned, plus a long-distance drive to the Detour, plus a task involving leading uncooperative animals along a marked course.

Episode 5 - Obnoxious twist already retired on the American version for being lame appears.

Episode 6 - Road Block is designed to be counterproductive to the point of racing, plus one Detour option takes place in a major public square.

Episode 7 - A To Be Continued leg, plus comically unreliable communist-era vehicles, plus a food-related task.

Episode 8 - Bunching before a Road Block which only has a tangential link to local culture, plus an all-male team has extreme trouble navigating, plus almost entirely no way for a team to be overtaken between the final task and the Pit Stop.

Episode 9 - The remaining male teams at the head of the pack for the entire episode despite the leg not being that physical, plus a Road Block involving a three-stage challenge on a local form of transport, plus a visit to a country that's surprisingly never had a Pit Stop before.

In general - Old team quits on the roadside after extreme navigational difficulties, plus only part of a leg in a major European city before moving to a new country with a completely different culture.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
God damn...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard