Author Topic: TAR Australia: Is the 1st or 2nd season better?  (Read 12760 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia: Is the 1st or 2nd season better?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 07:24:51 AM »
The route is a big thing for me. This is the first foreign edition to circumnavigate the globe which is huge (literally). This route fits my criteria and visits every type of environment an AR should visit:
- snow (Canada)
- beach (Philippines)
- desert (United Arab Emirates)
- Oriental nation (China)
- densely populated area (India)
- iconic city (Paris)

It also visits the 4 MAIN regions of Asia:
- East Asia
- South East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East

And every episode it always feels like the race keeps moving and travelling constantly (the exception being Leg 6)

As for the challenges, they're much better than Season 1. That was all about the extreme and adventure. The challenges this season are actually requiring teams to think a lot more. And the one time they have a heights challenge, it ends up being an awesome one. :)

I agree with Best Loser, this cast feels more like cartoon characters than really interesting people (except James & Sarah, Kym & Donna and Lucy & Emilia). However those 'cartoon characters' are extremely likeable in their own way which is a good thing, and some of them are my favourites!

Leg architecture IS important. Episode 1 was the best first leg I have ever seen. Episode 5 and 7 had poor design but ended up being NELs so that's fine, except Episode 6 when my favourites got eliminated because of bad leg design :'(

I think it's easy to evaluate that this season is definitely better than Season 1. Go TARAus 2!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
I actually rank TARAus2 ahead of TARAus1 in every department except the route. :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 05:43:42 AM »
I actually rank TARAus2 ahead of TARAus1 in every department except the route. :lol:

Why, I  think the route in TARAus2 is awesome.

And we have the first visit of North America by an international version

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

Why, I  think the route in TARAus2 is awesome.

And we have the first visit of North America by an international version

It's not a bad route, just the Season 1 one was better for me. India is just over-visited by the American TAR, so that's a negative. Plus Africa is my favourite continent and Season 1 went there while Season 2 did not. And I also love the Czech Republic and Poland, even though I did not love the legs that occurred there. :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »
I like both! First season had predictable winners but Sam and Ranae performed shockingly at times and impressed.

Season 2 was predictable in terms who will win the leg but who gets eliminated is always a surprise. Lucy and Emilia <333

The route wise.... SEASON 2 ROCKS?? But I hate the in between pit-stop locations or fly to another country. Completely pointless.