Author Topic: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?  (Read 64507 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
That sounds familiar to me.  Why?

Apologies Alenaveda, I thought I'd read it somewhere already.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »
That sounds familiar to me.  Why?

Apologies Alenaveda, I thought I'd read it somewhere already.

:tup:  At least somebody else has the same idea than me. :lol: .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
It makes the most sence to me, since we had that leg 2 clue saying: "The winner of this leg will win the Express Pass". What would the winner of leg 1 otherwise win?

Express Pass On leg 2 ???  where does it say that ???

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
For the winners of leg 1 maybe they will use the amazing race australia idea and use the Salvage Pass  :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
It makes the most sence to me, since we had that leg 2 clue saying: "The winner of this leg will win the Express Pass". What would the winner of leg 1 otherwise win?

Express Pass On leg 2 ???  where does it say that ???

Amazing Race 21 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here!
Reply # 92 - May 28, 2012.

GA895, most racers are in this flight.

Clue is
make your way to the Alun Alun in Bangkalan and "roll" with the bulls

The winner of this leg will win Express Pass!!!!!!

Teams were flying from Shangai to Surabaya, Indonesia in the start of Leg 2.  Reta saw the clue at the airport.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:33:15 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »
What if the first team to win the STARTING LINE TASK also got the chance to win the extra money?

Of course, I would HATE this if the SLT was luck-based... But from the spoilers I don't think so.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:24 AM »
What if the first team to win the STARTING LINE TASK also got the chance to win the extra money?

Of course, I would HATE this if the SLT was luck-based... But from the spoilers I don't think so.
I haven't seen this, so there are spoilers that prove there is a SLT? :)

addie

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »
Yes. In the spoiler tags is the challenge.

Show content
Rappelling

Offline bobnlori

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
it could be the salvage pass or a vote for the U turn, like they did in last years Australia race. The vote for the U turn come out of the Israel edition I think. I do think they need something different, voting for the u turn I like, if one team is getting a big lead and pissing off all the other teams, it would bring them back in the race unexpectedly

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
The extensive use of hours of operation and waiting for transportation makes it high probability that no team will get "way out in front". The last time that happened was Mirna/Charla in AR11 and before that Colin/Christie in AR5.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
The extensive use of hours of operation and waiting for transportation makes it high probability that no team will get "way out in front". The last time that happened was Mirna/Charla in AR11 and before that Colin/Christie in AR5.

Also, in TAR 11 Dustin and Kandice got way in front of everyone else. I remember that in Leg 7 in Poland they were like four or five hours ahead of the nearest team and they started Leg 8 before a team or two finished Leg 7. I might have got a detail or two wrong, but thats the gist of what I remember.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »

Also, in TAR 11 Dustin and Kandice got way in front of everyone else. I remember that in Leg 7 in Poland they were like four or five hours ahead of the nearest team and they started Leg 8 before a team or two finished Leg 7. I might have got a detail or two wrong, but thats the gist of what I remember.

yes they did get a big lead however it was due to the guidos and eric and danille missing their connecting flight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! :tup:

Thanks everyone!! :jumpy:

But hmmmm, I also do not believe that $2 million is the whole story.

My theory is that the $2 million grand prize will ONLY be offered to the team that wins Leg 1; if a team wins both Leg 1 and the Final Leg, they will win $2 million instead of $1 million.

I think this makes sense, if you look at the evidence:

• We have reason to believe that the Express Pass was given out to the winners of Leg 2, so it would fit that the $2 million grand prize is the prize for winning the first Leg.
  • The last two teams to win Leg 1 (Ernie & Cindy, Rachel & Dave) have won the Race.
  • Furthermore, the last time a team won the first leg and failed to make the Final 3 was Season 16 (Jeff & Jordan), and before that, it was Season 12 (Azarea & Hendekea). The team that wins Leg 1 typically finishes the entire Race, even before the Express Pass came into existence, so the excitement of a team possibly winning $2 million would last throughout the whole season.

:winner :winner :winner

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2012, 12:34:59 AM »
I heard something about a switchback task in the Netherlands, is it true?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
Yes, there was some information about the switchback in the official cast reveal article:
'Teams will also face one of the game's "most infamous Roadblocks" in the Netherlands in this season's "Switchback," the network added.'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »

Having watched this task happen, I can tell you that there was no haste.  Teams rappeled with the enthusiasm of a 6th grade PE class.   :lol3:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »

[/quote]

Having watched this task happen, I can tell you that there was no haste.  Teams rappeled with the enthusiasm of a 6th grade PE class.   :lol3:
[/quote]

wait u got to witnesss this? lucky!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »
You can see many of the spoiler pics from that day in the Location thread! And all the individual rapelling pics in the contestant threads. Chateau was awesome!!

Heee, always nice when TPTB start/end the race in RFF's own backyards!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:52:32 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »
You can see many of the spoiler pics from that day in the Location thread! And all the individual rapelling pics in the contestant threads. Chateau was awesome!!

Heee, always nice when TPTB start/end the race in RFF's own backyards!

Yes! And they call us stalkers...  :lol3:

(TBH about that, if they decide to start the race in the middle of the desert, we probably have the pics the same day; only because that day one of us would be coincidentally doing anything a couple miles from that place  :lol:)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:13:22 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
Yes, there was some information about the switchback in the official cast reveal article:
'Teams will also face one of the game's "most infamous Roadblocks" in the Netherlands in this season's "Switchback," the network added.'

Famous roadblocks in the Netherlands... None come to mind. The best roadblock, besides Haybales, is FRANZ... Maybe they will do something similar here?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:30:20 PM by JordanJones123 »
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »
The Netherlands Roadblocks History

Season 4, Leg 5

In the Roadblock, one team member to get on a marked boat and using only their hands to catch 25 eels and put them in a marked container. Only the fisherman would get their next clue.

Season 12, Leg 2

In the Roadblock for this leg, one team member had to play a sport called fierljeppen by completing a single vault over a 12 feet (3.7 m) wide irrigation ditch and landing on both feet on the marshy grass at the other side.

Season 15, Leg 7

In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to climb to the top of the Martinitoren and count all of the bells in the carillon. When they gave the right number (62) to the carillonneur, they would receive their next clue. If they provided the wrong number, they would have to climb back up to the carillon to count again. This Roadblock's hint is a reference to the first (aired) Roadblock ever on The Amazing Race.

I bet it's the season's 4 roadblock since season's 12 is WAY to easy co call "infamous" and season's 15 "secret answer" is no longer a secret
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
The Netherlands Roadblocks History

Season 4, Leg 5

In the Roadblock, one team member to get on a marked boat and using only their hands to catch 25 eels and put them in a marked container. Only the fisherman would get their next clue.

Season 12, Leg 2

In the Roadblock for this leg, one team member had to play a sport called fierljeppen by completing a single vault over a 12 feet (3.7 m) wide irrigation ditch and landing on both feet on the marshy grass at the other side.

Season 15, Leg 7

In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to climb to the top of the Martinitoren and count all of the bells in the carillon. When they gave the right number (62) to the carillonneur, they would receive their next clue. If they provided the wrong number, they would have to climb back up to the carillon to count again. This Roadblock's hint is a reference to the first (aired) Roadblock ever on The Amazing Race.

I bet it's the season's 4 roadblock since season's 12 is WAY to easy co call "infamous" and season's 15 "secret answer" is no longer a secret
I'm still hoping it's 'one of the race's most infamous roadblocks', but done in The Netherlands only this time :S Because of these 3, I'd only like to see 15th season's RB, and it's not really possible...

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »
The switchback task might not be a task that was origanalily a roadblock (im thinking either detour option on TAR15 that cost Maria & Tiffany the race)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
The switchback task might not be a task that was origanalily a roadblock (im thinking either detour option on TAR15 that cost Maria & Tiffany the race)

Based on previous experiences with switchbacks (hay bales on TAR6 & TAR18 and shaving heads on TAR5, TAR9 & TAR20) if there's one, is gonna be one the RB already performed in TAR4, TAR12 or TAR15.