Author Topic: TARaus2 EP 7 LIVE Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**  (Read 10532 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus2 EP 7 LIVE Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
Previously...on the Amazing Race Australia,

In the most shocking moment ever, Lucy & Emilia chose to play the Express Pass they found at the Royal Palace in Dubai.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »
 :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:05:18 AM »
omg Sarah should've stabbed her hunners into Grace's back

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »
holy crap cuba :o

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
Thankfully this was a TBC, otherwise it would've been even worse leg design than the last two horribly designed legs. :res:

I couldn't believe there was a Pit Stop in Cuba without actually having a task there, aside from driving. But since there is a TBC, it's not bad leg design at all. :)

Souffle cooking was funny! Lucy & Emilia are hilarious! Can't believe the Cops came up with the best dish of the day! ;P

The taxi stealing was interesting. I'm not a fan of taxi stealing. I would never do it if I was on TAR, so I'm a little upset that Joseph & Grace took the taxi, but James & Sarah's fighting was hilarious. :lol:

Next leg looks pretty interesting from the previews! :colors
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
I'd have taken the Twins vs. Chip (TAR5) taxi moment a step further and just forced my way into the taxi and sat on them to the cheese shop or until they got off.  :lol:

But Sarah's awesome.  She's competitive and determined and she and James provide the awesomely hilarious bickering. 

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
Now we are seeing the "true" side of Grace!  :res:

In my books, it's a no-no in stealing another team's taxi - shame on you Grace!  :crazy:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »
Current Fan Status after Ep1:

LOVE:
Michelle/Jo <333
Emilia/Lucy <333
James/Sarah <3333

Meh:
Groseph
Shandrew
Sticky/Sam
Steve

Hate:
Paul

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:45 AM »
A Leg at night. In Paris. It couldn't get any better. AND THEN ANOTHER FLIGHT  :gaah:
At least it was a TBC, if a team was eliminated, I would've been furious  :res:
I enjoyed the cooking task, the cheese task was meh, but I'm glad they showed LOTS of Paris scenery  :)
And CUBA! Nice to know TAR Australia is the first edition to touch down in Cuba!
I didn't mind the drive in those cars to the Pit Stop, it was a great ending to have all the teams stopped in their tracks! More suspense  :colors

HA no prize for Paul and Steve!  :lol3:

Michelle and Jo - I've liked them since the beginning and I've loved them since I met Jo  :hearts: but they seriously need to knock Paul and Steve out of first place
Emilia and Lucy - I really wish the whole Leg was in Paris, they would've had a shot at the Top 3, anyway I continue to love them  :luvya:
Paul and Steve - editors make them total villains for 5 Legs and suddenly they're mediocre? What the hell
Joseph and Grace - dog move stealing Hunners cab! Guess you guys are the true villains
James and Sarah - they're genuine racers, their arguments are hilarious, though I really wish they pulled Groseph out of their cab
Shane and Andrew - I've liked them more as the season has progressed. I predict a 1st place finish sometime soon
Sticky and Sam - really liked them, though they've started to get less edit, that's a recipe for
Show content
elimination  :'(

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »
Not the best leg was it?  :(  It looked a very obvious non-elimination or continuing leg once they set off for Cuba.  The best bit was probably the drama over driving in Cuba.  :tup:  Puzzled why there was no self-driving in Paris though.  The souffle task was alright but again (like the dervishes task) it looked like it was judged very generously.  And surely they could come up with more exciting locations for tasks in Paris?  Sticky and Sam continue to look the most boring.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 03:43:18 AM »
Alright, this episode totally proves that Grace is a beotch and James is a douce!
AND Woohoo!!! TARAus become the first ever international version to cross the Atlantic! :hearts: :hrt: :jam: :jam:
Moreover, Cuba is so exotic and one of the place that the US version must not go!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:48:35 AM by hotriceguy »
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 04:52:40 AM »
Not the best leg was it?  :(  It looked a very obvious non-elimination or continuing leg once they set off for Cuba.  The best bit was probably the drama over driving in Cuba.  :tup:  Puzzled why there was no self-driving in Paris though.  The souffle task was alright but again (like the dervishes task) it looked like it was judged very generously.  And surely they could come up with more exciting locations for tasks in Paris?  Sticky and Sam continue to look the most boring.

they should have judged the looks of the souffle first before tasting. some Souffles looks are not good lol. then judge the taste after to make it harder. Michelle failed the most but how did they arrived at the cheese task first? I guess Paul and Steve had a quite big lead leaving the roadblock.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 05:11:50 AM »
Fan Status (From the most loved to the least loved team):
1. Emilia/Lucy
2. Paul/Steve
3. James/Sarah
4. Michelle/Jo
5. Shane/Andrew
6. Sticky/Sam
7. Grace/Joseph [I believe Grace's evil pool will keep coming out!]

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »
1. Emilia/Lucy
2. Paul/Steve
3. James/Sarah
4. Michelle/Jo
5. Shane/Andrew
6. Sticky/Sam
Paul and Steve 2nd and James/Sarah 3rd  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 05:41:15 AM »
I still like Grace even if she was naughty taking the taxi.   :)

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 06:23:20 AM »
James & Sarah's fighting was hilarious. :lol:

But Sarah's awesome.  She's competitive and determined and she and James provide the awesomely hilarious bickering

James and Sarah - they're genuine racers, their arguments are hilarious, though I really wish they pulled Groseph out of their cab

I think Sarah and James's arguing becomes a little harsher in hindsight and less funny when you realise that they broke up recently  :( :'( Plus she was spot on when she told James a few legs earlier in Dubai that teams would start stepping on his head or something to that effect.

I too wish there was a French pitstop, as a francophone, Lucy's french was beautiful and a joy to hear :)

I liked the choice of locations for Paris, they weren't what would have constituted a cliche leg. I'd never heard of that market or the cordon bleu before but that could just be me, and this made it more interesting than tasks at the eiffel tower, louvre or arc de triomphe all of which we got to see anyway!

I thought just the fact that they went to Cuba was out there but those cars! they were just insane! it definitely intrigued me to do a little extra research.

to all the haters, at least this flight wasn't an equaliser to the extent of the previous few, but is that really a good thing? i dont think i want to lose sticky and sam or james and sarah, it seems that the trend of the early race front runners slowing down is continuing >< at this point i'm pretty much over joseph and grace, where once she was endearing i now find her irritating, James should have definitely not let them get away with the taxi.

I didn't mind the drive in those cars to the Pit Stop, it was a great ending to have all the teams stopped in their tracks! More suspense  :colors
I found the ending a little more worrying when the last we saw of lucy and emilia and the last scene of the episode was their car stuck on a train track in the middle of the night o.O it's obvious that nothing truly awful happens because they're both still alive, but if you didn't know that WHAT A FRIGHTENING CUT TO "TO BE CONTINUED"!!!! probably the most worrying the race has so far produced

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 06:34:55 AM »
1. Emilia/Lucy
2. Paul/Steve
3. James/Sarah
4. Michelle/Jo
5. Shane/Andrew
6. Sticky/Sam
Paul and Steve 2nd and James/Sarah 3rd  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Paul and Steve 2nd- because they are strong, altho i agree that paul is going way to far and playing too aggressively. Also, compare with Grace the beotch, he is better.
James/Sarah 3rd - cuz they entertain the audience like me that makes me wanna keep watching their fighting and arguing and the solutions of these problems
For those who still put Grace/Joseph on the 1st place of your fan list, you are :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy::crazy:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:12 AM »
Though I still find Sarah funny their arguments don't really entertain me so I'm hoping they will focus less on that in the editing.  It can get irritating.  And I'm sure their are plenty of other interesting landmarks which could be used apart from the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.  And I find Grace more entertaining than Paul, she has been open to fun and isn't always obsessed with the race like Paul is.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
Alright, this episode totally proves that Grace is a beotch and James is a douce!
AND Woohoo!!! TARAus become the first ever international version to cross the Atlantic! :hearts: :hrt: :jam: :jam:
Moreover, Cuba is so exotic and one of the place that the US version must not go!

I never thought I would see any foreign edition visit the "New World", let alone visit Cuba (which won't happen in the US edition, no thanks to DC). With the way the leg was designed in Paris, I was thinking like, "wow, the cast and locations have been great, but the last few legs have been piss-poor". But being a TBC leg AND the fact that it was in Cuba, I can forgive it. For now!

I found the ending a little more worrying when the last we saw of lucy and emilia and the last scene of the episode was their car stuck on a train track in the middle of the night o.O it's obvious that nothing truly awful happens because they're both still alive, but if you didn't know that WHAT A FRIGHTENING CUT TO "TO BE CONTINUED"!!!! probably the most worrying the race has so far produced

A part of me expected to hear a loud whistle, as the screen said "To Be Continued". I know no harm will come to them, but still, very scary.

At this point...

Like - Emilia & Lucy, James & Sarah, Shane & Andrew, Sticky & Sam

Neutral - Michelle & Jo, Paul & Steve

Don't Like - Joseph & (dis)Grace

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »
Don't Like - Joseph & (dis)Grace

:lol3: (dis)Grace...  :lol3:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »
I still like Grace even if she was naughty taking the taxi.   :)

I still like them too, although I wholeheartedly disagree with stealing the taxi. I would never do that if I was on TAR. Just plain wrong. :res: They've probably dropped down in my favourites list into third behind Lucy & Emilia and Michelle & Jo, though. :(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥