Author Topic: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION  (Read 78413 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »
I watched the first episode and I felt it was extremely slow, with lots and lots and lots of repetition. Maybe it was designed so that people that tuned in mid-episode could still follow.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:55 AM »
I managed to finally find episode 3 and 4 - I think 1 and 2 are no longer available or at least I could only find short video's of it.
However the recapitulations of the previous episodes are so extensive that you don't really need to I think.  :lol:

I like it but I think 2 hours is too long as all that happens can be done in 1 hour episodes too imho.
There is too much repitition (the host stating the bleeding obvious not once but 3-4 times as if the viewers lack short time memory for one thing eg  :gaah: ) and the interviews that are interwoven take a long time and take away the 'pace' of the race & tasks that are being performed I think. Too much time spent on how everyone feels and things and is deflated in spirit or whatever..

I like the destinations but as the flights seem all to be pre-arranged there isn't much of the rush feeling you'd get on the race, and there isn't much movement between the teams except for how they happen to do on specific tasks. I don't get the same 'interaction' feeling like I do on the American TAR, as so much seems to be chewed out in advance.

Also I kind of don't like how easily the contestants seem to want to give up, or seem deflated. I always like it when contestants don't give up hope as in TAR you really never do know.. this last episode 3 couples at minimum were ready to give up it seems and thought they were last.. I don't really get that..

Other than that it's enjoyable enough to watch I think. :) Not really rooting for anyone in particular yet, there's nobody that really stands out and nobody I dislike although one of the ladies on the surfer's team is a little annoying as she's competitive but generally not competent at the tasks so far, so she gets frustrated a lot.  :duno:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:17:24 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
I managed to finally find episode 3 and 4 - I think 1 and 2 are no longer available or at least I could only find short video's of it.
However the recapitulations of the previous episodes are so extensive that you don't really need to I think.  :lol:

I like it but I think 2 hours is too long as all that happens can be done in 1 hour episodes too imho.
There is too much repitition (the host stating the bleeding obvious not once but 3-4 times as if the viewers lack short time memory for one thing eg  :gaah: ) and the interviews that are interwoven take a long time and take away the 'pace' of the race & tasks that are being performed I think. Too much time spent on how everyone feels and things and is deflated in spirit or whatever..

I like the destinations but as the flights seem all to be pre-arranged there isn't much of the rush feeling you'd get on the race, and there isn't much movement between the teams except for how they happen to do on specific tasks. I don't get the same 'interaction' feeling like I do on the American TAR, as so much seems to be chewed out in advance.

Also I kind of don't like how easily the contestants seem to want to give up, or seem deflated. I always like it when contestants don't give up hope as in TAR you really never do know.. this last episode 3 couples at minimum were ready to give up it seems and thought they were last.. I don't really get that..

Other than that it's enjoyable enough to watch I think. :) Not really rooting for anyone in particular yet, there's nobody that really stands out and nobody I dislike although one of the ladies on the surfer's team is a little annoying as she's competitive but generally not competent at the tasks so far, so she gets frustrated a lot.  :duno:

Pretty much agree, except I don't mind it being longer but would prefer that it were only an hour and a half. The Surfer chick who's competitive but soft is Alice. They're my favorite team only because I find Stephanie  :hrt:, her teammate attractive.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:59:04 AM by AR FAN »

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Does anybody have a link to watch episode 2 and onwards?
Go to www.d8.tv, that is the television stations website. They have all the episodes available.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2012, 02:14:27 AM »
I watched the first episode and I felt it was extremely slow, with lots and lots and lots of repetition. Maybe it was designed so that people that tuned in mid-episode could still follow.

I agree that the first few episodes were a slow, but it's gotten so much better. Episode 5 was an amazing episode.
Bring on the 21!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2012, 02:16:46 AM »
Honestly, the only bad thing about this version is the host, both how he presents and how he narrates over half the show (which is getting really, really old).

Every else is really good. The cast, the location, the editing, the tasks. I am loving it
Bring on the 21!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
Does anybody have a link to watch episode 2 and onwards?
Go to www.d8.tv, that is the television stations website. They have all the episodes available.
Apparently they don't have them anymore
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »
Here's some ratings news for TAR France. It's pretty ugly.

http://www.toutelatele.com/nouvelle-chute-d-audience-pour-amazing-race-sur-d8-45070

Google translation:

New audience fall on Amazing race D8

Monday, December 3, D8 has released the seventh episode of Amazing race in the first part of the evening.

During this, the five remaining pairs continued their stay in Brazil. They arrived in Rio de Janeiro. When "roadlock" candidates had playing football, one of the passions of the premises. A party that was complicated because each dribble while dancing the samba or, alternatively, build a sand castle.

On this occasion, the adventure game has made its weakest performance with 445,000 viewers for only 1.7% of the public present at his post. The issue was then overtaken by all Freeview channels with the exception of France 4.

Summary of performance of Amazing race

Date  Episode   Audience                  Market Share
22/10       1       868 000 viewers      3.5%
29/10       2       634 000 viewers      2.5%
05/11       3       618 000 viewers      2.4%
12/11       4       596 000 viewers      2.3%
19/11       5       587 000 viewers      2.3%
26/11       6       559 000 viewers      2.1%
03/12       7       445 000 viewers      1.7%

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »
Here's some ratings news for TAR France. It's pretty ugly.

http://www.toutelatele.com/nouvelle-chute-d-audience-pour-amazing-race-sur-d8-45070

Google translation:

New audience fall on Amazing race D8

Monday, December 3, D8 has released the seventh episode of Amazing race in the first part of the evening.

During this, the five remaining pairs continued their stay in Brazil. They arrived in Rio de Janeiro. When "roadlock" candidates had playing football, one of the passions of the premises. A party that was complicated because each dribble while dancing the samba or, alternatively, build a sand castle.

On this occasion, the adventure game has made its weakest performance with 445,000 viewers for only 1.7% of the public present at his post. The issue was then overtaken by all Freeview channels with the exception of France 4.

Summary of performance of Amazing race

Date  Episode   Audience                  Market Share
22/10       1       868 000 viewers      3.5%
29/10       2       634 000 viewers      2.5%
05/11       3       618 000 viewers      2.4%
12/11       4       596 000 viewers      2.3%
19/11       5       587 000 viewers      2.3%
26/11       6       559 000 viewers      2.1%
03/12       7       445 000 viewers      1.7%

Wow, that's terrible. Too bad because it's actually a pretty good show.  :cmas7

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2012, 02:05:07 AM »
I need some help....
i missed the episode 4 and 5 last couple weeks, so i went on the d8 website and found out that they had deleted the video. (12/5/2012)
I was so sad about that since that was only 2 USA legs that is not serve as start/finish line!!!
I wonder if any of you know where I can watch it or download it, or if someone can send the video to me.
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
I need some help....
i missed the episode 4 and 5 last couple weeks, so i went on the d8 website and found out that they had deleted the video. (12/5/2012)
I was so sad about that since that was only 2 USA legs that is not serve as start/finish line!!!
I wonder if any of you know where I can watch it or download it, or if someone can send the video to me.
I'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem to be available anywhere else on the internet but the Channels website.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »
The 8th leg of this race was in cape town in South Africa. The detour was disco (a dance) or radio (build a radio). After they go to the district 6 museum when they did
a cube puzzle with 2 streets. The crossroad of this 2 streets is a house when teams must go. Teams made also the nelson mandelay bay (67 minutes in a orphanage).
To finish, teams go to the cape of esperance and after at the pitstop, the Rhodes Memorial. It's a NEL, next time, the 9th leg and the semi final in a safari! A task
with wine and others task. The last team will be eliminated.

About the ratings, some Amazing Race Fan are frustrated in France, some teams also. According for some news, the next season will be at 75% with VIP (but we are
not sure that the second season will be). The rating are horrible, D8 think that this show will be one of the greatest of this channel and push them to really good ratings
like 1 000 000 but not at all.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
They used music from the Dark Knight, The Lion King, How to Train Your Dragon, The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Brokeback Mountain, Casper and Chicken Run in this episode. I hope they acquired the rights.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:49:26 PM by kevin2012 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »
The semi final is finish. We have the top 3!

At the start, teams go to L'aquila to a safari.

The first task is a quizz about animals (for example, how many time sleep the lion?). There are 8 questions.
After, teams go to the detour Water game/ Earth Game. For the task "Water game", team used ostrich eggs and make an hole. They empty the eggs and fill him with water. They must fill a recipe to have their next clue. For the task "Earth game", teams must destroy 5 pottery using an object. One of the pottery is black, if a team destroy him, they will have a 10 minute penalty.

The next destination is the U-Turn. A team used that.

The last task of the leg is a roadblock in a winery. A member of the team must roll a wine barrel in 200 meters.

At the end of the leg, a M/M team win and is qualified to the final. A F/F team and a M/F team are also qualified. They discovered the first task of the last leg, a roadblock. A member of the team will be close in a steel cage near a white shark.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2012, 03:57:45 AM »
Amazing Race is finish in France and we've got a winner. The first task is the roadblock that i mentioned at the last post. After that, teams fly to Paris and go to the "Mer de Sable" at Ermonville. They found the clue inside sand. The next task is the detour at Chantilly Castle. Teams choose between Chantilly cream or Archery. The 3 teams choose Archery but one of them want to do Chantilly cream and refused to do the task so they switch and lose some precious minutes. The last task of the race was at Abbaye of Chaali when teams must found the distance between each city visited and Paris. The finish line is the Stade de France in St Denis. Anthony & Sonja win the race with a few minutes than the 2nd team, Hadj & Yacim. The 3rd team is Alice & Stéphanie. The winner of this race win 50 000€.

For the ratings, Amazing Race got 220 000 viewers for the final episode. That's normal because it's christmas.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »
Horrible News from Survivor France

'Survivor' France Contestant Gerald Babin Dies, Season Canceled

Tragedy struck "Survivor's" French adaptation "Koh Lanta" Friday, March 22 when 25-year-old contestant Gerald Babin died after suffering a heart attack during "shipwreck" challenge that also included a tug of war in Cambodia.

The show was immediately canceled for the season as Channel TF1 and Adventure Line Productions flew the contestants back from Cambodia to Paris over the weekend. Neither the network nor the production company has yet said whether they plan to continue "Koh Lanta" for future seasons.

According to THR, Babin began to complain about pain in his arms after the contestants jumped out of a boat, swam to shore and engaged in a tug-of-war. He received medical attention from the show's doctor on the scene and was airlifted to a hospital, but suffered a series of cardiac arrests in the helicopter before they could get there.

The network and production company released a joint statement reacting to the sad news. “Adventure Line Productions, TF1 and [host] Denis Broginart are devastated and join in the profound sadness of Gerald’s family.”

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
French 'Survivor' Doctor Thierry Costa's Suicide Linked To Contestant Gerald Babin's Death

Thierry Costa, the medical doctor who worked on the French version of "Survivor," committed suicide in Cambodia, the TV series' production company confirmed Monday.

In a handwritten letter, Costa described how he was affected by the media coverage following the death of one of the program's contestants.

The hit reality show, "Koh-Lanta," tests players' survival skills by putting them through a series of challenges and rewarding success with prizes and money. Gerald Babin, a 25-year old participant, died on March 22 after suffering a heart attack during the first challenge of the 2013 season.

"These past days, my name has been smeared in the media," the 38-year-old Costa wrote in a suicide note, which he requested be made public. Addressing his 20 years in the profession, the man said he had a feeling that all his efforts were diminished by what he called misleading stories.

After receiving anonymous testimony about certain "failures" regarding Babin's death, several French journalists questioned the contestant's cause of death, along with Costa's role in his passing.

Adventure Line Productions (ALP), which produces the show, on Thursday filed a defamation suit against anyone who sought to exploit Babin's passing. However, a second witness came forward Friday and cast more doubt on the circumstances of Babin's death.

Costa served as the staff doctor on "Koh-Lanta" for four seasons, ALP confirmed in a statement. The production company commended Costa for his high level of professionalism and his humanity toward both the show's participants and production crews.

ALP also addressed the media in its statement, advising that "this tragic event should encourage those who accuse and comment indiscriminately to exercise responsibility."

As the Agence France-Presse notes, though Cambodian authorities declared Babin died of natural causes, French authorities have launched their own investigation into his cause of death.

Babin passed away during the first day of filming for the show's 2013 season. France's Channel TF1 immediately canceled the show following the contestant's death.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
TAR France 2
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Last season began filming on June 30th. It should probably start filming around next week if the schedule is the same as last year.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline luk25

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2013, 04:09:17 AM »
are there any english subs for tarf?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2018, 02:35:38 AM »
I just re-watched this season. I have to say, there is absolutely no question as to why this was never picked up for a second season.

This is the most dull television show I have ever watched in my life. This show took boring to an entirely new level. I note some previous posts talking about this, but they do not do it justice at all.

This is like TAR for babies. Everything is explained in excruciating detail by the contestants in interviews, and then is explained AGAIN in excruciating detail by the host in his constant voice-overs that account for at least 50% of each episode. This takes "snail's pace" to an entirely new level.

Take, for example, the leg in Hawaii. Teams did three things here: A flag semaphore Roadblock, a luau on a beach (not a task), and a Detour. That's it. Two tasks and a bonus thing, so a somewhat standard TAR leg. This was PAINFULLY stretched out to cover two whole hours. There was barely enough footage to cover a single hour episode.

But, keep in mind something; the first half of this season featured episodes that were two hours WITHOUT COMMERCIALS. So it wasn't 1 hour 20 minutes of boredom in Hawaii, but two WHOLE EXCRUCIATING ENDLESS HOURS.

How did I EVER bring myself to enjoy this in the past? Good grief... If you are frothing at the mouth trying desperately to find links or ways to watch this season, don't bother. It's not worth it.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2018, 07:14:33 AM »
I just re-watched this season. I have to say, there is absolutely no question as to why this was never picked up for a second season.

This is the most dull television show I have ever watched in my life. This show took boring to an entirely new level. I note some previous posts talking about this, but they do not do it justice at all.

This is like TAR for babies. Everything is explained in excruciating detail by the contestants in interviews, and then is explained AGAIN in excruciating detail by the host in his constant voice-overs that account for at least 50% of each episode. This takes "snail's pace" to an entirely new level.

Take, for example, the leg in Hawaii. Teams did three things here: A flag semaphore Roadblock, a luau on a beach (not a task), and a Detour. That's it. Two tasks and a bonus thing, so a somewhat standard TAR leg. This was PAINFULLY stretched out to cover two whole hours. There was barely enough footage to cover a single hour episode.

But, keep in mind something; the first half of this season featured episodes that were two hours WITHOUT COMMERCIALS. So it wasn't 1 hour 20 minutes of boredom in Hawaii, but two WHOLE EXCRUCIATING ENDLESS HOURS.

How did I EVER bring myself to enjoy this in the past? Good grief... If you are frothing at the mouth trying desperately to find links or ways to watch this season, don't bother. It's not worth it.

The format of the tv reality show in France are generally 2hours. I remember TAR France and it was not the same as TAR Original. It was boring, too much descriptions. At the end of each episode, we got an highlights of 4-5 minutes who explain the main tasks and events of the next episode (After that, you know what will be happen at the next leg). The production of TAR France was boring.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
The French edition was okay it wasn't that bad :shrug:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2018, 05:41:09 AM »
I also liked it, good cast with some intelligent people, longer episodes meant some tougher tasks, more time to get to know them.  Even without subtitles I liked it.  I know those used to one hour shows (adverts included) may struggle, but it's just a matter of getting used to a longer format.  The Australian version was a slightly longer than one hour and that benefited too.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2018, 06:08:36 AM »
And there were NO penalties for finishing last, ala TAR 1-4!  :groan: :dick :furious: