Author Topic: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION  (Read 78418 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings and Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
what great introudce the teams

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »
I've been waiting for a french version for so long and I have to say it's great!.

I only have two complaints. One is the really weird placing of the pre-race confessionals and the other (much worse) is how the host talks over the race. We can see what's going on, we don't need it told to us.

I'm excited for the rest of the season.
Bring on the 21!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
The first hour of the amazing race: http://www.dailymotion.com/hub/xb0j_Amazing-Race#video=xufmii

Each episode are 2h length.
What did the Father & Son say at the very start of the video? and the Parisians at the 51 minute mark?  :duno:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:58:32 PM by AR FAN »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »
I've been waiting for a french version for so long and I have to say it's great!.

I only have two complaints. One is the really weird placing of the pre-race confessionals and the other (much worse) is how the host talks over the race. We can see what's going on, we don't need it told to us.

I'm excited for the rest of the season.

It was funny on Twitter to see how many French people were accusing the Amazing Race of copying Pekin Express. 

:whoa  :lol3:   :lolmao:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »
The 1st leg is finish:

Show content
Antoine & Helena are the last team to arrive and are eliminated. The first team, Heidi & Michel don't win a reward. The detour was Camel/ Pearl, some teams did the pearl task but have some trouble. The camel track was easier. The roadblock is a skydive at 13,000 feet. There is also 3 others task, the task of the locks with the key in Paris, a Route Info in the greatest tower of Dubai and another task in Ski Dubai, the winter station. They build a snowman outside the winter station. The next leg will be in Bangkok with a food task including scorpion and another task with elephant.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
The 1st leg is finish:

Show content
Antoine & Helena are the last team to arrive and are eliminated. The first team, Heidi & Michel don't win a reward. The detour was Camel/ Pearl, some teams did the pearl task but have some trouble. The camel track was easier. The roadblock is a skydive at 13,000 feet. There is also 3 others task, the task of the locks with the key in Paris, a Route Info in the greatest tower of Dubai and another task in Ski Dubai, the winter station. They build a snowman outside the winter station. The next leg will be in Bangkok with a food task including scorpion and another task with elephant.

The snowman task is a copy from the Detour of the first Dubai Leg of TAR15.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
good editing, even though I don't understand what they're talking about, but I enjoyed the scenes and the sound-effect was awesome!  :colors
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
It's times like this I love being French.

I thought the difference in how the last team is revealed is incredibly suspenseful. The last three teams are not given their position and are gathered at a later time. The placement is then revealed there. It was nail-biting.

I really enjoyed the music and sound effect used, it's definitely a breath of fresh air.

My only complaints this episode are the same, the random placement of pre-race confessionals and the host talking over the race.

If only I had the video file, I wouldn't mind making a subtitled version for everyone.
Bring on the 21!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2012, 01:10:12 AM »
If only I had the video file, I wouldn't mind making a subtitled version for everyone.

Kevin.. Please find us the subtitle version..  :hugs:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2012, 01:16:25 AM »

Kevin.. Please find us the subtitle version..  :hugs:

If I had a way to get the video file, I wouldn't have a problem adding subtitles to it myself. Any suggestions?
Bring on the 21!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »
If I had a way to get the video file, I wouldn't have a problem adding subtitles to it myself. Any suggestions?

HERE... i can only found the youtube link for the intro...not the team intro, the description ones..

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »
Link to second hour ?
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2012, 04:09:16 AM »
Link to second hour ?

Here's a link to the official site of D8 where the whole episode can be found.
http://amazingrace.d8.tv/pid4940-episodes.html?vid=750145&saison_id=130&epi_id=657

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2012, 05:37:53 PM »
the 2nd leg in bangkok is finish:

- The detour in a market (Tasting/ Shopping)

A lot of teams make the tasting (eating scorpio and cockroach). Only one team made the shooping task and lose time. After checking in a hotel for the night, teams go to wat pho. They found a school girl with the clue, some teams got some difficulty to found her. After found the girl, they must go to wat arun by boat. However, 2 teams don't listen correctly the clue and take a taxi instead of a boat, they will have a 5 minute penalty at the pit stop.

- Roadblock: Count the number of statuette in the wat arun (100). Some team have difficulty and the weather is very hot.

After the roadblock, teams go to the village of Ayutthaya, at the elephant stay. They must clean an elephant in a lake.

This is the last task of the leg until the pit stop. An M/M team who finish last in the detour finish also last in the pit stop. The 1st team of this leg make a really good leg because they start at the 8th position.

Next week, Tokyo and a good leg including a sumotori task.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
LINKS to the D8 official site are fine, but NO YouTube links here. Someone let me know if we need a link site for this??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
Did anybody else notice that they used the music from the Karate Kid (the new one) and Kung Fu Panda in this episode?  :tup:

Edit: They've also used music from Home Alone.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:49:31 PM by kevin2012 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »
What's Heïdi & Michel's relationship? Are they friends or relatives?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
Friends. I think I read that she's the daughter of one of his friends, but I may be wrong there.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
Friends. I think I read that she's the daughter of one of his friends, but I may be wrong there.
Google translate gave the same thing. I just think that's a weird relationship they have to go on the race :stare

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »

Michel is the best friend of heidi's father.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
The 3rd leg in Tokyo is finish.

The first task of this leg is at Shibuya Crossing when they search a clue who is on a screen (looks like  the 1st leg of TAR19). It's a word in japonese about a famous dog (i forget his name). When they found the word, they say to a man with clue. Some team got problems, especially a M/M team who fall at the last place.

All teams go to a capsule hotel for the night period. Each team will start every ten minutes tomorow.

The day after, teams go to the Raichukainkan Temple for the Roadblock. A task with a sumotori (Japanese Wrestler) and a clue attached to the sumotori. The task is easy because the sumotori is a young men.

After that, teams go in Harajuku with another task. They meet a Manga Fan dressed as Sangoku (if you know dragon ball z) and offer him a pink present (pink is the favorite colour of manga's fan)

The race is not finish at all, a team got a problem with taxi two different times. We are now at the detour Fish/Pasta.
The fish task consisted to fishing 15 goldfish using the technic of a japanese game, goldfish scooping. It's a difficult task.
The other task is also difficult, teams walk with samourai shoes to give pasta soup for 150 meters. If they overturn the recipe, they must restart. 3 teams got problem with this task.

Teams make their way to Hikawa Jingan Shibukya for the 1st u-turn of the history of TAR France. The 1st team u-turn another team (the team who got difficulty with 2 taxis). After that, they go to  the pit stop at Odaiba Park.

All teams remain in the race because it's a NEL.

I don't know if the last team to arrived (the team who was u-turn) will have a speed bump.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
The 3rd leg in Tokyo is finish.

The first task of this leg is at Shibuya Crossing when they search a clue who is on a screen (looks like  the 1st leg of TAR19). It's a word in japonese about a famous dog (i forget his name). When they found the word, they say to a man with clue. Some team got problems, especially a M/M team who fall at the last place.

All teams go to a capsule hotel for the night period.
Each team will start every ten minutes tomorow.

The day after, teams go to the Raichukainkan Temple for the Roadblock. A task with a sumotori (Japanese Wrestler) and a clue attached to the sumotori. The task is easy because the sumotori is a young men.

After that, teams go in Harajuku with another task. They meet a Manga Fan dressed as Sangoku (if you know dragon ball z) and offer him a pink present (pink is the favorite colour of manga's fan)

The race is not finish at all, a team got a problem with taxi two different times. We are now at the detour Fish/Pasta.
The fish task consisted to fishing 15 goldfish using the technic of a japanese game, goldfish scooping. It's a difficult task.
The other task is also difficult, teams walk with samourai shoes to give pasta soup for 150 meters. If they overturn the recipe, they must restart. 3 teams got problem with this task.

Teams make their way to Hikawa Jingan Shibukya for the 1st u-turn of the history of TAR France. The 1st team u-turn another team (the team who got difficulty with 2 taxis). After that, they go to  the pit stop at Odaiba Park.

All teams remain in the race because it's a NEL.

I don't know if the last team to arrived (the team who was u-turn) will have a speed bump.

If the word was "Hachiko", it's a copy of the beggining of the Japanese leg of TAR9.  And is also the night at the capsule hotel, only that it was after the leg's Detour in that season.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »
They used music from the Chronicles of Narnia movie in the third episode.   :tup:

Overall, I'm really enjoying this version, the teams are fleshed out pretty well, they're interesting. The locations are great, the tasks are good and overall, I'm impressed. I'm hoping for a second season.

My only complaint is that I'm a little tired/annoyed at the host always talking over the show. this is a TV show, not an audio book, we can see what's happening.

It's definitely a pleasant surprise, I would rank it as currently the fourth best TAR version. Behind the Australian version, the US version, and the Chinese version.
Bring on the 21!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
They used music from Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit in this episode
Bring on the 21!

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »
The 4th leg was in Hawai.

At first, team make a roadblock at Pearl Harbor, on the USS Missouri. Each contestant must translate a semaphore code with flag. The translation is the next destination, Kawela Bay. 3 teams got problem and 2 contestant of the same team have a quarrel.

After that, team go by car (they drive herself) to Kawela Bay for an overnight period.

Tomorrow, the race continue with a detour rock/ice at Magic Island.
Rock: Each team must take a paddle surf and go in the water to found a rock. They came back to the beach and break the rock.
Ice: Crush ice with a saw.

The pit stop was in a small island, i don't remember the name. The winner is a M/F team and the second team was arrived at the last place of the NEL of the previous leg (and no Speed Bump!). The last team to arrived at the pit stop is a F/F team, they are eliminated.

Next leg at L.A., Hollywood, cars and ice cream are present.