Author Topic: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION  (Read 78422 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
I'm seeing quite a few sightings of some version of TAR filming in the last couple of days. I'm not sure what version it is, but the evidence best fits it being TAR France.

I'll copy in Georgiapeach's guidelines for how to post sightings here.

LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go HERE .

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the Detectives know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

If you are posting a FB post, please quote the post, PLEASE include the time and date, but do NOT post the poster's name. Please do send me the link and name though so we can keep a full list for the Summary thread.

If you find a BLOG, please check with me please before posting, we do try to ask the bloggers for permission to use their info and may be already waiting for an answer.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM me to ask before you post.

If you HAVE a live sighting, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email Georgiapeach, her email is in her profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM here.

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the location discussion to the location thread and leave the LIVE zone free for incoming info! :ty3:

The mods get grouchy if they have to move posts.... so chatter WILL be deleted!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:47:08 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings and Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
<Saved>

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
<saved>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
Hmmm...from my understanding, this is not yet a go. Looking at 2013, I think.  Put them all here, we'll figure it out!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
A sighting in Paris from Facebook:

If yesterday morning, you would have told me that Hannah and I would leave our little (and I mean itty, bitty) apartment in the Latin District and then walk (with very few stops) for the next 12 hours around Paris, I would have said you were nuts, being the weary travelers that we now are. My feet were already killing me, my back hurting from lugging around luggage for a month, and I have a blister that is so huge that I have named it Lola because it seems to have taken on its own identity. However, that was exactly what ended up happening in the end. Everywhere we went, there was something to see...including a cool bridge with hundreds (thousands?) of locks bolted to it (representing love, of course!);

I ended up sitting next to two guys who were active contestants in the Amazing Race;

I got yelled at and practically chased down by a little French man who was angry that I took a picture of his little book stand; two women (at different) times tried to scam me out of money with a ring trick, but thanks to Rick Steves and his travel books, I was already on lookout for it (and feeling quite smug not to be outwitted!);

<the rest was snipped>

Yesterday at 5:21am ·

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
Numerous Sightings yesterday in Dubai:

Saeed Al Mualla ‏@S3eed_AlM3alla
OMG the amazing race is in ski dubai I'm ON TV
4:36 AM - 4 Jul 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Saeed Al Mualla ‏@S3eed_AlM3alla
TheAmazing race were running around in Moe and I got to be on tv
7:38 AM - 4 Jul 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Fiona Du Vivier ‏@fussymadam
Apparently the Amazing Race is at Ski Dubai today. I would rock at that show!
10:58 PM - 3 Jul 12 via web

From Facebook:

Its not everyday that your sitting outside of the mall of Dubai and you see the amazing race going on around you.
About 24 hours ago

and a reply to that Facebook post

I'm sitting right next to you. Thanks for pointing it out.
Yesterday at 5:36am

More from Twitter

Reshma Beeranthbail ‏@RBeeranthbail
A couple carrying backpacks followed by cameraman & orange-red envelope, it's the taping of Amazing Race! #skidubai #dubai #AmazingRace
8:52 AM - 4 Jul 12 via web

Lisa Szatsznajder ‏@ljsz1
Can someone tell me if I crashed the Amazing Race?? #dubai http://pic.twitter.com/sRaGKXty
10:08 PM - 4 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android

Lisa Szatsznajder ‏@ljsz1
Can anyone recognise these people from amazing race?? I've never watched an ep...but they had loads of cameras ... http://pic.twitter.com/rkTa2SOR
10:10 PM - 4 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android

@ljsz1 had these pictures that she posted:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:13:44 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »
Just to muddy the waters further, I've seen fairly convincing sighting reports with teams and cameramen in the last 4 or 5 days from Malaysia (including a picture), Norway and Seattle. Geographically, those sightings don't fit with a route from Paris to Dubai, so I'm not including them here until we have a better idea what this race is.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »
I found a French news story that refers to TAR France as currently recording, so it may be TAR France. It's not conclusive evidence though.

http://www.jadorelespotins.com/201207/exclu-alexandre-delperier-presentera-the-amazing-race-sur-direct-8/40493/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Google translation

The rumors spoke of Lilian Thuram but finally Alexander Delpérier who will present the new series of adventures of Direct 8! The group Canal Plus has bought the rights of the American show "The Amazing Race" for a French adaptation that is currently being recorded ...

In the American version, The Amazing Race is a rally around the world in which teams of two or four candidates are racing around the world against other teams. The team finishing first wins a million dollars.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
Stick the pic up somewhere,maybe we can figure it out?
Seattle has a LOT of corporate races.

I was under the impression this French edition had some channel/station/sponsorship issues, but this could still be filming...

Good job!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
OK, here are the other sightings.

From Seattle via Facebook on Monday, July 2nd:

Name Removed
thinks i just saw the making of the next amazing race season at Pikes place lots if camera men and teams with — with <my husband> at Pike Place Market.

From Norway a conversation via Twitter:

Chris Snekkevik ‏@csnekka
Dukka opp 4 amazing race deltakere på resturanten hvor jeg tok dagens frokost. Glad jeg ikke er kamerateam! Kameramannen så sliten ut! #lat
2:18 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android

Fredrik Fodnes ‏@foffeey
@csnekka hvor var de fra? Hjalp du dem eller? :)
2:21 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Chris Snekkevik ‏@csnekka
@foffeey satt litt for langt unna til å fange opp hvor dem var fra. Men tror jeg gjorde en god jobb som linselus i bakgrunnen.
2:35 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android

Google translates this as

Chris Snekkevik @ csnekka
Appeared four amazing race participants at the restaurant where I took today's breakfast. Glad I am not a camera crew! Camera man looked tired out! # lat
2:18 PM - July 3, 12 via Twitter for Android

Fredrik Fodnes @ foffeey
@ csnekka where were they from? Did you or them? :)
2:21 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Chris Snekkevik @ csnekka
@ foffeey put a little too far away to pick up where it was from. But I think did a good job as linselus in the background.
2:35 PM - 3 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android

And from George Town, Penang, Malaysia via Twitter:

Mark Guim ‏@markguim
Camera crew following teams of backpackers in a hurry. Filming Amazing Race? http://twitpic.com/a0nidy
25 June

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
hmmm, on that malaysia issue it could be just a local race or filming of TAR Norway 2 or TAR Philippines? :duno:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »
hmmm, on that malaysia issue it could be just a local race or filming of TAR Norway 2 or TAR Philippines? :duno:

I've been puzzled about it too. I don't think TAR Norway 2 or TAR Philippines are filming yet, but there has been an upswing in chatter about TAR Norway in the last week (and that could be what the guy in Norway saw). A local race is always possible. I tend to dismiss that when they have cameras, but that's becoming more and more common from what I've been able to tell.

The only new idea I've had is that it could be TAR India. I found an urgent recruitment message on Facebook on June 21st saying they needed a woman between the ages of 18 to 35 immediately. The picture was taken on June 25th, so the timing would fit.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:06 AM »
Translated from here: http://linfonetrealtv.free.fr/pages/newsseul.php?idarticles=6403&idemission=5

In France it is society SHINE (The Voice, Masterchef) who will provide it and filming will take place in June and July 2012, the French will go through Jordan, Dubai, VietNam etc. ...

Looks like the race might be on!!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 06:08:24 AM »

TARP is already done filming their race and they didn't get out of the country.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:36 AM »

TARP is already done filming their race and they didn't get out of the country.

Good point. For some reason I was thinking that they might be getting ready to film TAR Philippines 2 already, but I suppose that won't be planned until the first one airs and gets good ratings. Derek Ramsey was tweeting about going to Japan a few hours ago, but apparently not for TAR Philippines.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
More sightings today, this time in Bangkok!

Rebecca Lucia ‏@RebbLB
I swear people who are legit in amazing race are in a taxi beside me and there is a camera man filming them.. Its got to be amazing race
9:42 AM - 5 Jul 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Shane Lee ‏@shanejetlee
The Amazing Race is now in BKK! Competitors hv jst arrived. Zoom zoom xxx
1:00 PM - 5 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

I also found this, but I'm not sure if it's a sighting or not.

Franck Lassagne ‏@FranckLassagne
The Amazing Race arrive en France en octobre sur Direct 8. Tournage de 23j à partir de cette semaine. Première étape Dubai.
10:48 AM - 3 Jul 12 via web

Google translates this as

The Amazing Race came to France in October on Direct 8. 23j shooting from this week. First step Dubai.

What is interesting is that he posted this at Charles De Gaulle airport while he was waiting to fly from Paris to Dubai. He spent about 12 hours in Dubai and then flew on to Sydney for an Australian software conference. He might have seen the teams flying from Paris to Dubai or he might have been passing along one of the news releases abot TAR France from a few days ago.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »
Here's a few more sighting from Bangkok. Unfortunately, none of them are very specific about what was happening.

From Facebook:

Today in Thailand you know what I did? I rode an elephant. And I was caught in the midst of a screening of an Amazing Race episode.
19 hrs ago

I assume he meant the filming of an Amazing race episode.

ashmeeta ‏@ashmeeta
Today I got to be part of the Amazing Race. ‪#15secondsoffame‬. Also bought 4 handbags, @mymelopuff would b proud!
9:11 AM - 6 Jul 12 via Mobile Web

Christie Limnois ‏@admchrislimnois
Just saw trespassing cd in a thai store! and amazing race filming! so so cool.
8:14 AM - 6 Jul 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry

For what it's worth, all 3 people live elsewhere and were visiting Bangkok.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 08:06:51 AM »
TAR France moves on to Leg 4. Next stop - Tokyo!
Here's a sighting from someone who confirms that this is TAR France.  :tup:

Adrienne Gyori ‏@PKMNadrienne
I was just a part of The Amazing Race France!!!! Mum and I showed these 2 French guys where this shop was on Take****a street in Harajuku!!
9:47 PM - 7 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Adrienne Gyori ‏@PKMNadrienne
French TV is gonna love me ‪#StillOnAHigh
9:50 PM - 7 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

According to Wikipedia, Harajuku is a section of Tokyo noted as "a fashion capital of the world, renowned for its unique street fashion.  It is also a large shopping district that includes international brands, its own brands, and shops selling clothes young people can afford."

Wikipedia also states that Take****a Street  is a pedestrian-only street lined with fashion boutiques, cafes and restaurants in Harajuku in Tokyo, Japan. Stores on Take****a Street include major chains such as The Body Shop, McDonald's and 7-Eleven, but most of the businesses are small independent shops that carry an array of styles. The shops on this street are often a bellwether for broader fads, and some are known as "antenna shops," which manufacturers seed with prototypes for test-marketing.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »
The French version of Amazing Race filmed on board USSMissouri today.

I believe the USS Missouri is in Honolulu.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:27:35 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28:48 AM »
@frankstah: The French version of Amazing Race filmed onboard @USSMissouri today. I handed out the clues to the contestants. http://t.co/hoV21j6x

I believe the USS Missouri is in Honolulu.

Found more tweets mentioning them in Hawaii:

*Amazing race French edition is in Hawaii hella teams running up down the beach   

*on the beach in Hawaii watching them film amazing race!!!!

*The French version of the Amazing Race is here and they keep running by , camera crews and all
View details ·   

The beach they were in was kaimana beach.

Here's another pic: http://instagram.com/p/M4RcmQl6ZZ/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:23:25 AM by Traveller7 »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 03:48:01 AM »
hawaii and dubai :lol3:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »
did they already raced to Jordan and Vietnam as said it on the press report before or it was just a bunch of lies? :gaah:

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
did they already raced to Jordan and Vietnam as said it on the press report before or it was just a bunch of lies? :gaah:

Maybe on the way back to France?  :duno:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »
Great work everyone!

I found a few more tweets and pictures.

Allen Janian ‏@JanianVentures
Bad pic but two dudes in red are in the amazing race show tryna get to the front of the cab line. ‪#hellnah‬ # http://instagr.am/p/M4G6EShJo2/
3:22 PM - 9 Jul 12 via Instagram

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
Christina Morolla ‏@_stinaXO
Amazing Race is being filmed right in front of me!!!
4:06 PM - 9 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

They need some help!! Asking locals to help with the clues!! pic.twitter.com/vw0zfaXn
4:09 PM - 9 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Another team trying to figure out the clues!! ‪#AMAZINGRACE‬ @ Duke Kahanamoku Statue http://instagr.am/p/M4NBdEyR4v/
4:17 PM - 9 Jul 12 via Instagram