Author Topic: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION  (Read 78442 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2018, 06:35:49 AM »
And why does it matter? Just curious.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR France LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2018, 03:50:27 PM »
And why does it matter? Just curious.

In seasons 1-4 of the American season, finishing last on a NEL meant a lot more because of how important positioning was back then. Departing in last meant you were way behind and had to work hard to catch up.

On a modern series like TAR France, where everything is more standardized, finishing in last meant you were probably only behind by like 20 minutes. After finishing last in Japan, Anthony & Sonja departed from the Hawaii airport along with the other teams separated by only a few minutes between each.

I also liked it, good cast with some intelligent people, longer episodes meant some tougher tasks, more time to get to know them.  Even without subtitles I liked it.  I know those used to one hour shows (adverts included) may struggle, but it's just a matter of getting used to a longer format.  The Australian version was a slightly longer than one hour and that benefited too.

I'm sorry, I absolutely have to disagree about "tougher" tasks. The tasks on TAR France were on par with a standard episode of TAR. In fact, a lot of them were much easier. Remember in Brazil where all they had to do was untangle a rope? That was a mini task before the main meat of the episode in New Zealand.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!