Author Topic: Best Franchise?  (Read 17874 times)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Best Franchise?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »
i just realized that its not fair to compare TAR:US and the other versions since TAR:US is the original and it already has 20 seasons to date.

i watched every Single TARA but still it doesn't bother me seeing the same task especially if you love the task and its fun to see some other teams do the task. I might say its not the best TAR but To me, TAR Aus 2 has the best casting. Ai just can't afford to lose anyone. :((.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
I've only seen Aus and US, but I like them for different reasons- the US version has some great challenges and is intense, while the Australian one is excellent and has a lot of humour.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a worldwide All-Stars? Maybe 4 teams each from Aus, US and Asia.
Ultimate TAR!

Take a winners from each franchise and see who is the ultimate racer!

The only problem is that not all franchises speak the same language.
Then we just need to add a translator to the camera and sound people.  Make those cab rides fun lol

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »

8. and a language that i cant understand (unlike Norwegian & Hebrew)

Well it obviously isn't their fault that they speak a language you don't understand.  I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but that's how it ended up looking.  :D

Oh, i know it isn't their fault. But it is way more difficult to understand, unlike Norwegian or Hebrew. It is not that i don't like their language, i respect every language and actually i think Vietnamese is a very interesting one. :)

Sorry if it looked like that.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
My list from best to worst  (not including American version, because it is the original and best one) would be:
1.The Amazing Race Australia. (The two seasons have been way better than some American races)
2.The Amazing Race Israel. (Would be #1 if it wasnt in Hebrew)
3.The Amazing Race Norge. (Same as Israel)
4.The Amazing Race Latinoamerica. (Probably because it is from my own region, and teams represent me more than other versions)
5.The Amazing Race China Rush. (Really good franchise, too bad it is only in China)
6.The Amazing Race Asia. (It was good but too much product placement, and only one memorable race (2))
7.The Amazing Race Brazil. (If it wasnt only on Brazil it would be 4, really fun teams)
8.The Amazing Race Vietnam. (Is this even part of TAR family?, what a bad franchise! low budget, and a language that i cant understand (unlike Norwegian & Hebrew), the only good thing is that they travel all across beautiful Vietnam)
I like it. :( The recent episodes are pretty good. So let's bump it up a few spots.
But then that would leave Brazil at the bottom and I like that season, so let's bump that up. Asia was also good so it shouldn't be last, and China Rush is constantly improving. The first Latin American season was outstanding and outweighs the other two season, but then again Norge was also really good. I've already mentioned my love for Israel, and Australia is really good. That leaves the US version as worst, which is certainly not true. Whoops, now Vietnam is at the bottom again.

It's too hard to rank them by series, so I'd much rather do it by season.

last two episodes of TARV is very decent and the best among the franchise. i still understand why it is not like the other TAR but at least we have aomething else to watch.

I think i have to apologise, because i used the wrong words. When compared to other series, Vietnam is obviously at the bottom but i'm pretty sure it is because all the TAR series have their own special thing, and since TARV is on their first season, i hope they can improve.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
Pretty close battle between AUS and US for me.

Would have to say season 20 edges out AUS 2 thou...
Even though there are ALOT of elements in AUS 2 that are better than whats been in the US seasons since All stars.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Oh, i know it isn't their fault. But it is way more difficult to understand, unlike Norwegian or Hebrew. It is not that i don't like their language, i respect every language and actually i think Vietnamese is a very interesting one. :)

Sorry if it looked like that.
But at least you can pronounce some Vietnamese words than Hebrew right? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
I can't do either. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia obviously. TARA is decent if you minus away Allan Wu's weird hosting style and too many mactors on the show.

I could not agree more Joab
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:36 AM »
I hate to say this but TAR US is not a franchise but an original version. Please stop referring to it that it is uncomparable to TAR Australia, because without its success, TAR Aust wouldn't exist. Kthxbye.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia obviously. TARA is decent if you minus away Allan Wu's weird hosting style and too many mactors on the show. AND ALL OF THE PRODUCT PLACEMENT.
This comment is brought to you by: Air Asia, Nokia, Sony, Caltex, MSN, and Bintan Lagoon Resor

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 03:09:47 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia obviously. TARA is decent if you minus away Allan Wu's weird hosting style and too many mactors on the show. AND ALL OF THE PRODUCT PLACEMENT.
This comment is brought to you by: Air Asia, Nokia, Sony, Caltex, MSN, and Bintan Lagoon Resor

:lol3:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »

:lol3:

Nobody does it better than Allan!  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
TAR Asia was pretty embrrassing. I really really really hope there'll be TAR Japan. The tasks would be hilarious and jaw dropping.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 12:57:58 AM »
TAR Asia was pretty embrrassing. I really really really hope there'll be TAR Japan. The tasks would be hilarious and jaw dropping.

You mean wackier than Sushi Roulette?  :noway:

Show content
sarcasm
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »
I thought sushi roulette was a bit boring, it was just another eating game.  The jump up and grab a chicken task was better.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:13 AM »

You mean wackier than Sushi Roulette?  :noway:

Show content
sarcasm
I thought sushi roulette was a bit boring, it was just another eating game.  The jump up and grab a chicken task was better.
With starrynight . Bring that chiken home was better.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
I love all the franchises I've seen.

The original Us is simply the best overall. How they keep it going over 21 seasons is amazing.
I hope for many more. I would love 1 or more episodes showing what the camera people go
through as they are following the racers. The logistics of setting up the race and following through.
That would be great. perhaps on one of the season DVD's as an extra -hint hint.
I like the variation in the teams, some semi-famous, some by work type, relationships.
They always have a mix of likeable and less likeable teams.
So Many of the challenges I would like to try, or wish I was brave enough.

Australia has some of the more likeable teams and interesting tasks.
They can go to places like Israel and Cuba.
I have trouble finding season 2 because of the video police.

The Norge teams seemed to be good-natured and fun to watch.
The video police kept me from seeing episodes after 9.
Not understanding the language is not good, But I can read about it later

I have seen some of Tar Israel, but not understanding everything takes away some enjoyment.
The kibbutz or middle aged ladies are fun to watch.

Tar Asia was fun (I don't mind Wu) and is in english, but there were
many mactors.

My thoughts anyway.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
Australia is too boring IMO

yeah...um...

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster