The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARaus2 EP 6 Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**

(1/11) > >>

georgiapeach:
 :hearts:

Somebody start this if I forget, okay??

Zack.:
That was...aggressively poor leg design. No bunching, a (meaningless) Yield and an Intersection combine to make it such that Russ/Tarryn had no chance and in fact, given the structure of the previous leg, the team that was last would probably have been eliminated.

The tasks were good though.  :jam:

Glamazon Racer:
I completely agree with Zack about the poor leg design. :tup:

Firstly, that soap task was just extremely stupid, beyond pointless, and a waste of five minutes of my life. (Although I did like how Sticky & Sam wanted to swap partners with Michelle & Jo. :lol3:)

The two Detour tasks were of ridiculously different difficulties. The shoe-shining was simple and easy and requiring a relatively small amount of time and effort, whereas the carpet search was timely, extremely detail-oriented, and highly unsuitable to be paired up with the shoe-shining. I don't like it when the two Detour tasks are of very different difficulties. It ruins the purpose of a Detour.

The Yield was quite pointless as well, and the team who was most disadvantaged by the Yield turned out to be the team who used the Yield! :lol:

The oil wrestling thing was relatively fun to watch, but it seemed too dangerous a task for my taste. Michelle got injured and I'm quite surprised that there weren't more injuries, in all honesty. Those guys seemed keen to attack. :lol:

The Roadblock was pretty pointless, too. It was better than some of the other tasks for cultural relevance purposes, but it was not difficult and had no skill involved, preventing any chance for teams to gain or lose significant periods of time.

The Intersection is a twist that I absolutely LOVE <333 :hearts: :hearts: BUT it was placed in the most awful place imaginable! I mean it basically condemned the team who was MFE to go home. Any lead that Ross & Tarryn were able to develop in the previous tasks would be abolished, and they would go home regardless, because there is no way that they could make up 30 minutes on James & Sarah at the Roadblock, which was a task that gave very little room for movement.

Horrid leg design. Tasks were below mediocre. Once again, this episode is a case of the cast making it more awesome than it actually was. I am quite disappointed with this episode. Definitely my least favourite of the season, by a long way.

And OMG at Lucy & Emilia being one spot away from the Top Half! <333 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I hope that France brings more excitement next week! The preview looks interesting! Grace stealing Sarah's cab or something! I hope it's a very good episode next week, because it's gonna be airing on my 18th birthday, so I'm quite excited about it! <333333 :hearts: :hearts:

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: Zack. on July 02, 2012, 07:47:44 AM ---That was...aggressively poor leg design. No bunching, a (meaningless) Yield and an Intersection combine to make it such that Russ/Tarryn had no chance and in fact, given the structure of the previous leg, the team that was last would probably have been eliminated.

The tasks were good though.  :jam:

--- End quote ---

I'm usually a big fan of the odd linear leg so the teams that work to the front of the pack get a reward for it, but straight after a non elimination like that seems to defeat the purpose. I'm beginning to think that it was originally intended to be a superleg, but because of the delayed flight into Istanbul they had to force teams to wait for 12 hours at the Pit Stop so they'd be racing in daylight.

It just seems really strange to me that they'd build a leg with the Yield and Intersection on top of a marked for elimination penalty on the leg immediately after one with a Roadblock that seems to have been designed to be conducive to quitting the task. Where was the opportunity for Ross and Tarryn to make up the 30 minutes needed? Unless the producers thought the spinning task was going to be a lot harder than it seemed?

howie_2010:
I agree with everyone above, the leg was poorly designed; the yield was a waste, and having the yield, intersection and elimination penalty in play in one episode seemed a bit much. The leg was very linear and the lack of a bunching point of a really hard challenge meant that the eliminated team was always going to be Ross & Tarryn. This is off topic, but I kinda wish TARAus would use speed bumps instead of the elimination penalty.

I'm a bit bummed that Gallipoli wasn't used as a location. I don't really buy into the jingoism behind Gallipoli, but I think it would've been the perfect opportunity to give TARAus something unique to itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version