Author Topic: The Paul vs Grace thing  (Read 24047 times)

Offline KevinTheAmazingRaceFAN

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Paul vs Grace thing
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
I agree. I am on Paul's side too. Grace is just..no comment.. But I do know that OTHER RACERS DO NOT LIKE HER EITHER. I saw one of the racers posted on Twitter :"OMG! You should see how her true colours come out very soon. She is not what you think" and other negative tweets about Grace. And more than one racer posted that so...

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »
Some of my points are a little convoluted, shall we say, bear with me ><

I felt Grace was mocking Paul when she was asking for a high-five and a hug.
I agree, although in this situation I could easily understand how she had no idea she was making it worse. By trying to play it down she's almost trivialising the issue, but in a bad way, in a "let's not properly deal with this" way, in a "I'm going to mess around with you and then try and make you laugh at how stupid I've made you look in front of all of these people" way; she's rubbing his face in it. The most curative thing for Paul to do would have been for him to say "I don't appreciate you treating me like this" and the most curative response from Grace would have been to apologise, stop her actions and leave it at that.

Do you think Grace would have wanted a high 5 and a hug from Paul after her fall? It's a similar scenario, she felt like she had been bullied by him and what she then wanted was to give him a wide berth, not to carry on as if it was all a joke.

It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.
The footage of the incident in India pretty much shows that while he didn't do anything to stop their pots from falling, Paul also did not actively push them off the cart. I don't think that incident that is not entirely his fault makes it easier to blame him. It's true that he talks a big rough game but when it comes down to it, actions speak louder than words and I personally haven't found Paul's actions to be consistent with his bowling people over mentality.

Paul did prove he is smart in the past 2 roadblock, didn't he?

And what does that have to do with the price of china? ??? :res:
A smart person, as Paul has proved himself to be, would know better than to abuse someone much smaller than themselves especially given the unfavourable atmosphere already surrounding him and even more especially when SURROUNDED by cameras which will go on to make television.

I agree. I am on Paul's side too. Grace is just..no comment.. But I do know that OTHER RACERS DO NOT LIKE HER EITHER. I saw one of the racers posted on Twitter :"OMG! You should see how her true colours come out very soon. She is not what you think" and other negative tweets about Grace. And more than one racer posted that so...
While I've spent most of this post defending Paul I have to say:
“Truth is not determined by a majority vote.”
― Pope Benedict XVI
So maybe a poll is not the best idea ^^

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.
That was on accident!!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »

That was on accident!!!

You're entitled to your own opinion, :tup: but my own opinion is that he deliberately stood in the way. :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 03:04:11 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Also, I can't believe you guys are making me defend Paul so much when I don't even like him.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Also, I can't believe you guys are making me defend Paul so much when I don't even like him.

Then don't defend him.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

I agree, although in this situation I could easily understand how she had no idea she was making it worse. By trying to play it down she's almost trivialising the issue, but in a bad way, in a "let's not properly deal with this" way, in a "I'm going to mess around with you and then try and make you laugh at how stupid I've made you look in front of all of these people" way; she's rubbing his face in it. The most curative thing for Paul to do would have been for him to say "I don't appreciate you treating me like this" and the most curative response from Grace would have been to apologise, stop her actions and leave it at that.

Do you think Grace would have wanted a high 5 and a hug from Paul after her fall? It's a similar scenario, she felt like she had been bullied by him and what she then wanted was to give him a wide berth, not to carry on as if it was all a joke.

Do you really think Grace would've stopped if Paul said that? Basing on Grace's actions she would've just kept mocking him or teasing him even more.

Why do people think that Paul knocked down the pots intentionally? He just stood there with his backpack on, I doubt he was intentionally standing in the way so he could knock the pots over.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Then don't defend him.

Exactly.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
I'm with Paul. We have already gotten a glimpse of Grace normal personality and it's not pretty.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
As of leg 5 , I won't side with both of them. Both of them became bitchy and I'll watch them on future episodes and see who will be the real bitch.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »
As of leg 5 , I won't side with both of them. Both of them became bitchy and I'll watch them on future episodes and see who will be the real bitch.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »

Do you really think Grace would've stopped if Paul said that? Basing on Grace's actions she would've just kept mocking him or teasing him even more.

Why do people think that Paul knocked down the pots intentionally? He just stood there with his backpack on, I doubt he was intentionally standing in the way so he could knock the pots over.

I do think Grace would've stopped. I'm definitely on Grace's side for now, most teams seem to think that Paul's being over-the-top about the race and it was just a bit of poking fun. I have no idea how Paul could've classified that as bullying.

Do I think Paul *tried* to knock down the pots? No. Do I think Paul knew that he would've knocked over the pots if he didn't move? Yes. I feel as if Paul knew that if he stood there, he would've bumped into the pots if Kym/Donna didn't go around him.

I haven't read any tweets about Grace so I have no idea what's to come, but I think Paul overreacted there plus a bit of editing made everything seem worse. I don't hate Paul for who he is, I think he'd be an amazingly nice person aside from the race, he just needs to be able to admit that he's a normal person too. Paul/Steve haven't been performing well at all apart from the last leg and even then, the U-Turn was useless so I'm not sure if I'd really consider it overcoming a U-Turn AND coming in first.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »
So which is more important? Dodging to get out of the way from other teams' carts or keeping your pots on the cart? I think the latter.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
On a completely different note to this topic, the ratings are up! Over 1.1 million people watched last night's episode.

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/07/free-to-air-tv-ratings-monday-july-2nd-2012/

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
On a completely different note to this topic, the ratings are up! Over 1.1 million people watched last night's episode.

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/07/free-to-air-tv-ratings-monday-july-2nd-2012/

WOOOOOOOOOO   :hoot:

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »
Looks like I may be wrong about Grace. From Ross/Tarryn's exit interview: "Grace had another agenda for being on the show wanting to further her career in TV."

So which is more important? Dodging to get out of the way from other teams' carts or keeping your pots on the cart? I think the latter.

I still think there was a way to avoid that situation and Paul saw that he could cause a problem if he stood there and it wouldn't look like he did it on purpose.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
Looks like I may be wrong about Grace. From Ross/Tarryn's exit interview: "Grace had another agenda for being on the show wanting to further her career in TV."

I still think there was a way to avoid that situation and Paul saw that he could cause a problem if he stood there and it wouldn't look like he did it on purpose.
He's not some kind of cartoonish villain mastermind who has everything planned out. By the time he realized what was going on he probably didn't have time to react. Have you never been so focused on one thing that you don't notice what's happening around you?

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »

He's not some kind of cartoonish villain mastermind who has everything planned out. By the time he realized what was going on he probably didn't have time to react. Have you never been so focused on one thing that you don't notice what's happening around you?

Meh, I won't argue with you because there's no way to ever be sure. I just think it was too much of a coincidence.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this was hyped up way beyond what it was like on the race, just as I suspect the Vanessa/Rachel thing was hyped up this year.

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »

Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
Please make some sense when you try to comment like you are not biased
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:49:48 PM by BitchBitch »

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »

Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
Please make some sense when you try to comment like you are not biased
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is
100% agreed!  :tup:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??

Please cut this bullying bullsh!t. It's not bullying, it's mucking around. If he can't see the sense of humor in it (I did) then too bad but it's not bullying, stop saying it is because it's not.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »

You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??

Please cut this bullying bullsh!t. It's not bullying, it's mucking around. If he can't see the sense of humor in it (I did) then too bad but it's not bullying, stop saying it is because it's not.

Mucking around implies they were friends to begin with. Her intent wasn't to share a laugh with Paul, her intent was to annoy Paul- so it is most definitely not mucking around.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 12:02:10 AM »

Mucking around implies they were friends to begin with. Her intent wasn't to share a laugh with Paul, her intent was to annoy Paul- so it is most definitely not mucking around.

And how exactly did you know her intent?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »

And how exactly did you know her intent?

She stated it in a confession that was shown just prior to Paul and Steve arriving at the dock.