Author Topic: Tasks based on past teams!  (Read 19787 times)

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
Tasks based on past teams!
« on: June 28, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
This is kind of abstract and I think the only place I would ever really want to see it realised would be in some kind of fanfic and not on the real race >< I'm not even sure how I got onto thinking about this but here goes:
The switchback aims to recreate the memorable moments of past races/racers by having modern racers recreate past tasks, why not cut out the middle man and force teams to perform tasks based on past teams?!

One strange example that came to mind would be:
Detour: Toni and Dallas or Kaylani and Lisa. In this detour teams will have to retrieve their passports which have been hidden from them. In Toni and Dallas, teams will have to manually search through a great number of taxi cabs until they have found their hidden passport, a taxi driver will then hand them their next clue. In Kaylani and Lisa, teams will have to virtually search through an even greater number of "tweets" on Twitter until they find one by someone who has found a lost passport, once they have found the tweet, they will have to use visual information from the finders profile to locate them in a crowd of 100 or so people, once they have found their person they will receive their passport and next clue. Reading one tweet takes less time than searching an entire taxi, but the greater number of tweets could leave some teams lost in cyberspace.

I'll admit I'm no Phil with my clue wording, but now it's your turn! See what you can come up with!

As a footnote: No, I have no idea in which country this could occur...

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Tasks based on past teams!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
I would love it. int fact for my TAR home edition the Detour Was the Guidos or Brennan. In the Guidos the participant (my race was designed to find perfect partner) had to find a "cool" place near the detour location. (they got stuck in alaska) so there was a nice cold pop machine. in Brennan they had to solve this riddle: What was Brennan's partner's name (rob was the answer) it just so happened there was a person named rob in our group. he was waiting with their clue 

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »
My turn:

Detour:
Show content
Karyn:
Show content
Scream the name of your partner as loud as you can and sustain a syllable for at least 30 seconds (Lennnnnnyyyyyyyyy!)
or
Meghan:
Show content
Repeat the name of your partner 100 times in a row without changing the tone of your voice (Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne...)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
My Roadblock: Who's got the inner red-headed devil in them?

One member must torment and yell ask non-English speaking bystanders for the location of the next pitstop.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:23 PM »
My turn:

Detour:
Show content
Karyn:
Show content
Scream the name of your partner as loud as you can and sustain a syllable for at least 30 seconds (Lennnnnnyyyyyyyyy!)
or
Meghan:
Show content
Repeat the name of your partner 100 times in a row without changing the tone of your voice (Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne...)

LOL  :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:20 AM »
Ok , following.

Detour :

BRIAN! or BRENDON!

In Brian! teams must scream BRIAN 2909203293289427482742748924698649820422 times and wait for somebody to anwser WHAT? . Than , teams must NOT chill out to receive the next clue.

In Brendon! teams must say "i'm sorry ____ ____" to receive the next clue.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:35 AM »
My Roadblock: Who's got the inner red-headed devil in them?

One member must torment and yell ask non-English speaking bystanders for the location of the next pitstop.

i feel this will be better as a detour

Mirna: must find next clue using terrible spanish/ accent of current country

Cara/Jamie (either will do) members must torment and yell ask non-English speaking bystanders for the location of the next clue

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:10 AM »
These are absolutely hilarious! :lol3:

I have one:

Detour: Rachel or Vanessa

Rachel: Teams are given ten different hair extensions, and they must arrange them from cheapest to most expensive.

Vanessa: Teams are given a photograph of a monkey, and they must successfully find their monkey's uncle's son.

:lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:33 AM »
I've got one.

Elliot or Andrew

Elliot: AVOID THE AMAZING RACE CAMERAS AT ALL COST! If you manage to be completely invisible on screen and have long hair, you will receive your next clue.

Andrew: AVOID THE AMAZING RACE CAMERAS AT ALL COST! If you manage to be completely invisible on screen and have short hair, you will receive your next clue.
Bring on the 21!

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 08:11:55 AM »
I think it's great that you've all jumped on board this, but I feel like I should say try not to be too mean even though I feel like some of the below are perhaps pushing the line.

Kisha and Jen: teams must now make their way to the pit stop; however, before checking in, they must locate the nearest portaloo.

This detour will require teams to use their heads, literally. Teams must choose between John Vito or Claire. In John Vito, both team members must stop a penalty shoot out soccer ball using only their heads. In Claire, both team members will have to break open a watermelon with their head to receive their next clue.

Nary and Jaime: Teams must stop to admire any herd of wild animals they encounter in this leg of the race, regardless of their position. Once the herd has moved on, teams may continue racing.

Roadblock: Nick. This roadblock requires one team member to board a boat that will take them out into a harbour. Once the boat has stopped, they must successfully fall asleep. Once they wake, they will receive their next clue.

Charla and Mirna: Teams must now find a local goat herd (hint, look high in the hills) and identify the "bad one" before receiving their next clue. They must then run to the nearby pit stop screaming their personal best level from the treadmill roadblock. (Face it, you could have an entire double leg based on Charla and Mirna)

Kami and Karli: teams must now make their way to the pit stop without using the marked path, swimming is encouraged and hurry, the last team to arrive may be eliminated.

Victor roadblock: one team member must climb a nearby hill and successfully cry before receiving their next clue.

addie

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
Detour: Art and JJ/Dave and Rachel

Art and JJ: Art and JJ requires teams to make douchy comments about every team left in the race. Once Art and JJ feel like the comments are mean enough, they will receive their next clue.

Dave and Rachel: Dave and Rachel requires teams to make their way to the Pitstop and then back to this location. Once back here, they may continue on the race.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 08:31:13 AM »
Detour: Lorena or BB Rachel

Lorena: Teams must milk a cow each until the cow cannot produce milk anymore. Once they are done, they must shout "BABY! THERE'S NO MORE MILK!" before they receive their next clue.

BB Rachel: Teams must cry and fill a 30ml container to receive their next clue.

addie

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:29 AM »
This detour will require teams to use their heads, literally. Teams must choose between John Vito or Claire. In John Vito, both team members must stop a penalty shoot out soccer ball using only their heads. In Claire, both team members will have to break open a watermelon with their head to receive their next clue.

Nary and Jaime: Teams must stop to admire any herd of wild animals they encounter in this leg of the race, regardless of their position. Once the herd has moved on, teams may continue racing.

These two are brilliant! :lol3:

Charla and Mirna: Teams must now find a local goat herd (hint, look high in the hills) and identify the "bad one" before receiving their next clue. They must then run to the nearby pit stop screaming their personal best level from the treadmill roadblock. (Face it, you could have an entire double leg based on Charla and Mirna)

Actually, we could probably create an entire race based on Charla & Mirna! <33 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Detour: Lorena or BB Rachel

Lorena: Teams must milk a cow each until the cow cannot produce milk anymore. Once they are done, they must shout "BABY! THERE'S NO MORE MILK!" before they receive their next clue.

BB Rachel: Teams must cry and fill a 30ml container to receive their next clue.

Hilarious! :lol3:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
Here's a few I just thought of:

(One from TARAus) Richard & Joey: Teams must now utter the phrase 'Focus, Believe, Achieve!' 1000 times in succession, in order to receive their next clue.

Kelly & Christy: Teams must now find the nearest ledge and throw a sports bra over it, in order to receive their next clue.

Jaime & Cara: Teams must now hire a taxi and scream at a taxi driver. Once their taxi driver kicks them out of their taxi, they will receive their next clue.

Maria & Tiffany: Teams must now attempt to hit the high striker. Their goal is to make it go up one centimetre, in order to receive their next clue.

Colin & Christie: Teams must now successfully get thrown in jail, in order to receive their next clue.

Shana & Jennifer: Teams must now race through an obstacle course in their cars, avoiding oncoming buses in the process. If teams do not get hit by any buses, they will receive their next clue.

Nathan & Jennifer: Teams must now jump into the ocean and then ask a taxi driver to take them to the Pit Stop. Once they find a taxi driver who refuses to take them because they are wet, they will receive their next clue.

Adam & Rebecca: Teams must now invent sunglasses which are conducive to fog, in order to receive their next clue.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
Misa & Maiya: Teams must now become oblivious of where the Pit Stop is and search in the other direction. Once they have searched long enough, they may run to the Pit Stop.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »
Here's a few I just thought of:

(One from TARAus) Richard & Joey: Teams must now utter the phrase 'Focus, Believe, Achieve!' 1000 times in succession, in order to receive their next clue.

Kelly & Christy: Teams must now find the nearest ledge and throw a sports bra over it, in order to receive their next clue.

Jaime & Cara: Teams must now hire a taxi and scream at a taxi driver. Once their taxi driver kicks them out of their taxi, they will receive their next clue.

Maria & Tiffany: Teams must now attempt to hit the high striker. Their goal is to make it go up one centimetre, in order to receive their next clue.

Colin & Christie: Teams must now successfully get thrown in jail, in order to receive their next clue.

Shana & Jennifer: Teams must now race through an obstacle course in their cars, avoiding oncoming buses in the process. If teams do not get hit by any buses, they will receive their next clue.

Nathan & Jennifer: Teams must now jump into the ocean and then ask a taxi driver to take them to the Pit Stop. Once they find a taxi driver who refuses to take them because they are wet, they will receive their next clue.

Adam & Rebecca: Teams must now invent sunglasses which are conducive to fog, in order to receive their next clue.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
Racer's detours  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
These are so awesome!!

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

My turn:

Tian or Vyxsin:

Tian: You must board a crowded Indian train and wait until someone touches you in a private area. Then you must shout at them repetitively.

Vyxsin: Accidentally fall into the Ganges and wait until your partner shouts at you.

The Paolos or Brian and Greg:

Paolos: Put all of your clothes that you have on you on and then run to Phil when another team comes.

Brian And Greg: Take off your clothes and put on weirdly matched ones to stop you from getting non-eliminated. Then run to the pit stop.

Flo Roadblock: You must cry/scream at everything you meet. Once you have cried/screamed for 124598765428679 hours non -stop, and thoroughly freaked out all of Vietnam, you will get your next clue.

Lucy & Emilia RI Task: You must AT ALL COSTS have fun on the race or incur a 6 hr penalty.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
Does any1 wanna co-host a race like this with me? and will any of you guys play it?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
Floadblock: Tell a member of another team to "seriously, f* themselves"
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 12:17:13 AM »
Well, not like this thread isn't already filled lightly with it, but no offense intended XD

Detour: Ari or Joyce

In Ari, successfully receive bad karma sometime in the leg in order to avoid a 1-hour penalty.

In Joyce, successfully receive good karma sometime in the leg in order to avoid a 30-minute penalty (it's harder to get good karma than bad, I presume).

Detour: TAR7 Rob or TAR11 Rob

In TAR7 Rob, quit the Road Block, take its penalty, and check-in in the top 5 position in order to avoid further punishment.

In TAR11 Rob, successfully misspell a country name, complete the task, and check-in in the bottom 3 position in order to avoid further punishment. (this is so paradoxical  :lol: )
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »
DETOUR: Jennifer or Jennifer

In Jennifer, teams must drive a bus through Lithuania without hitting a group of Americans driving through the country. Once they've avoided hitting the Americans and specifically the blondes reversing onto the street in front of you, you'll receive your clue.

In Jennifer, teams must scream at their partner for a variety of minor things during the race, but are clearly based on relationship issues held over from before the race started. Teams are not required to scream about any particular things, but are encouraged to yell at their partner for comparing them to other girls and not making a decision (bonus time will be awarded if they then yell at their partner about the decision they made.) Once their teammate declares them "the worst person at this I've ever met" they can take their next clue.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 01:19:02 AM »
Active Route Info:
Gretchen. Make sure you have a Bad Elephant.
The story so far:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »
As bad as this thread is, I can't stop laughing. :lol: