Author Topic: TAR Ukraine LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, Show Discussion! Ep 5 up! **SPOILERS**  (Read 65116 times)

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
I bet people on this version of the show have mad difficulties with the language barrier. I doubt any one in Sri Lanka speaks Ukranian (or any Cyrillic language) and there's no way anyone on the race speaks Hindi.
Some teams  tried to speak english (well, sort of english) and it helped sometimes. The biggest difficulty of leg 3 was definitely manure.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Getmegone, two questions please?

1. Tatiana & Natalia's photograph was rejected. Do you know why?
2. What is this Carlsberg thing we keep seeing, and why does it appear in such random locations?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Getmegone, two questions please?

1. Tatiana & Natalia's photograph was rejected. Do you know why?
2. What is this Carlsberg thing we keep seeing, and why does it appear in such random locations?

1.  Chickens in cages also had to be in the picture (as well as a local wearing yellow shirt). Tatiana and Natalia forgot about that (just like I forgot to admit that in episode recap, fail).

2. Just beer ads.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
Hi Peach,
I accidentally find someone posted the 1st episode/premier of TAR Ukraine on YouTube. I'm not sure if I can post the link out here, so I want to PM you the link to you but your inbox is full. PM me if you need the link. Thanks! =|
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 4 recap.

1st clue: Go to Singapore.

All teams were on the same flight.

After arrival teams had to go to local business and trade center. The clue was placed inside a fountain:

1st. Constantine and Jacob (father and son)
2nd Alexandr and Olena (Life partners)
3rd  Roman and Anna (PMS-team)

Then there was a detour: "fly" or "walk".
"Fly" - take a jump using that thing: (it's called "J-max"):

"Walk" - Teams had to find "Swiss hotel". The next clue was on the 73rd floor.
But using elevator was forbidden - teams had to go on foot.

After detour:
1st. Alexey and Olena (jumped)
2nd Constantine and Jacob (jumped)
3rd Ihor and Vasil (walked)

New team title was discovered. Teams said that Irina and Andrey look like M&M's.

Roadblock: Teams had to climb up the wall. Nothing special.

But it was hard. Only two teams completed the roadblock - other teams quit this challenge and received 4 hour penalty.

Standings after roadblock:
1st Constantine and Jacob (Father and son)
2nd Anna and Roman
3rd Olena and Alexey (after 4 hour penalty)

Next clue: Take a picture with a hotel

Next clue: teams had to take a ride using this things
(I have no idea how it's called in English):

Taking a ride was available at 7 a.m. only but it didn't affect the standings because time gaps were not changed:

Irina and Andrey lost their camera and wasted much time on looking for it. Anna and Roman lost their camera too (but later)

Next clue: Send the postcard (the postcard can be traded for a picture of the hotel)

Standings after sending the postcards:
1. Constantine and Jacob
2. Olena and Alexey
3rd Queens

Next clue: find the way to the finish line. The clue was printed on flyers:

Boobs formed an alliance with Ihor and Vasil.

Standings at finish:

1. Constantine and Jacob

2. Olena and Alexey

3. Boobs

4. Ihor and Vasil

5. Tetjana and Natalia

6. Doctors

7. M&M's

8. PMS-team  - ELIMINATED.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Whoa. Why was their camera-phone picture rejected this time when it was accepted in Sri Lanka?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Whoa. Why was their camera-phone picture rejected this time when it was accepted in Sri Lanka?
This is what I found strange too. Last time there was no "You can only use your own camera" rule, but this time it was forbidden to use someone else's devices. It wasn't explained, just stated. Different legs - different rules. This actually sucks because Anna and Roman lost because of that. And M&M's lost much time too.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
This is what I found strange too. Last time there was no "You can only use your own camera" rule, but this time it was forbidden to use someone else's devices. It wasn't explained, just stated. Different legs - different rules. This actually sucks because Anna and Roman lost because of that. And M&M's lost much time too.
I'm not happy about the sudden rule change but I'm glad Team PMS is gone. There might be a good reason for the rule change though.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
The postcards (or the things teams have to photograph) are totally going to turn up as the memory task.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Anna and Roman ;_; They were amazing. Well, mostly Anna but Roman wasn't bad too. Crazy maniac Ukrainian goddess. <333

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
Anna and Roman ;_; They were amazing. Well, mostly Anna but Roman wasn't bad too. Crazy maniac Ukrainian goddess. <333
You got the crazy part right.

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 5 recap.

In the beginning of the episode teams had to fly to Philippines. Once there, they had to find Malvar Street and there teams were instructed to find Delores. What they needed to figure out was that "Delores" was the name of a tricycle roving the street with "DELORES" painted on the front. Once they have figured this out, they may get their next clue from the driver. (c) Wikipedia.

1st to find Delores:
Olena & Alexey

2nd:
Constantine and Jacob

3rd:
Boobs

Roadblock: one team member needed to eat six fertilised duck embryos, a local delicacy known as balut. Once the team member finishes all six eggs, they will get their next clue (c) Wikipedia. xD 

1st after Roadblock:
Constantine & Jacob

2nd:
Alexey & Olena

3rd:
Natalia & Tetiana (yay, top-3, finally)

Then there was a usual task with postcard. This time teams had to take a picture of at least 1 team member and 20 locals, plus at least 4 of these locals had to wear hats, at least 1 had to have flowers in his/her hands and at least 1 of them had to hold a broom.

Many teams had some difficulties with that: they thought they didn't need 20 locals in one picture, so they made a couple of photo shots which were rejected, and much time was lost. Particularly, father and son were 1st at postcard station, but they did the task wrong, they had to come back to Malvar street (as it was almost impossible to find 20 locals near the postcard station), they took a picture of 20 locals and when they came back to station, they realized that they forgot to take a picture with a bloom, so they had to come back again. However Olena and Alexey managed to find 20 locals near the postcard station.

Standings after sending the postcard:
1st, 2nd and 3rd: Alexey & Olena, Doctors and Boobs (almost at the same time).

Detour: bottles or fish?
Bottles: teams had to search among thousands of bottles scattered around the island for the bottle containing the message with their next destination written on it (c) Wikipedia.

Fish:  teams had to count the number of fishes inside a container given to them. Once they have successfully counted the number of fishes amidst the distractions of the vendors, they will receive their next clue. (c) Wikipedia.

Standings after detour:
1st: Boobs
2nd: Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)
3rd: Alexey and Olena. All teams picked "bottles".

After the detour teams were instructed to go to Sabang Beach by public transport (particularly - a local bus made from american jeeps).

Boobs, sportsmen and Olena & Alexey were 1st to arrive at bus station, but they decided not to wait for the next bus and rent a whole bus for themselves (each bus for one team, as they didn't arrive at the same time). According to rules, once teams rent a bus it is not more a public transport. So all there 3 teams received a 1 hour penalty.

The others teams didn't break that rule and they took a ride all by the same bus.

Standing at finish:

1st: Doctors

2nd: Father and Son

3rd: M&M's

4th: Natalia and Tetiana

5th: Boobs

6th: Sportsmen

Last to arrive: Alexey and Olena

BUT Alexey & Olena were not eliminated as it was a non-elimination double-length leg. Teams were immediately given their next clue: build a tent and spend a night there.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Oh wow...So this must have been filmed right before Typhoon Pablo hit, am I right?

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Oh wow...So this must have been filmed right before Typhoon Pablo hit, am I right?
Absolutely right.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
getmegone you are awesome with the recaps. I love them. thank you.
 Now if I can just find the show.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
getmegone you are awesome with the recaps. I love them. thank you.
 Now if I can just find the show.

All you have to do is ask! :kuss:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28706.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 6 recap.

In the beginning of the leg teams had to take a underground river trip. Teams had to search for a couple of words written on the wall of a cave, take a picture of it and trade for the next clue.

Standings after extreme ride:
1st Doctors
2nd Father and Son
3rd  Natalia and Tetiana

Roadblock: teammember had to to take a ride by zip-line (800m). Along the way there were 4 boats

Also there was a man  on each boat holding a table with 3 colors on it. Teammember had to remember the colors and recreatethe consequence of colors later on the board.

If the teammember fails his/her 1st attempt, he/she has to take a ride again.

Standings after the roadblock:

1st Father and Son (3 attempts)
2nd Alexey and Olena (2 attempts)
3rd Boobs (3 attempts)

Then there was another roadblock (yeah, 2 RB back-to-back - I've never seen that)

2nd roadblock:
Teammember had to crash dozens of coconuts looking for a coconut which is red inside.

Standings after 2nd roadblock:

1st Father and Son
2nd Alexey and Olena
3rd Boobs

Then there was a finish.
Yeah, for some reason this episode  ran only for 60 minutes.

Standings at finish:

1st. Father and son

2nd Alexey and Olena

3rd Boobs

4th Ihor and Vasil

5th Doctors

6th Natalia and Tetiana

Last to arrive: M&M's. ELIMINATED

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
They totally copied the assembling of the tents, the task in the cave, 1st Roadblock and 2nd Roadblock (but it was presented as a Route Info) from TARP, Leg 11 in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.

So, they basically copied all the tasks that happened in this Leg.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:33:33 AM by WinTar »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Copying is nothing new in International versions. Many of them are made by the same production team.

But the creators of this leg broke the golden rule (Or at least it should be a golden rule): Never have a luck-based task right before an elimination Pit Stop.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm just amazed that the doctors somehow won a leg.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Haven't been watching. Hopefully the beauty queens or the haggresses can pull out a win. Everyone else is meh.

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 7 recap.

6 teams continue their race around the world.
1st clue: go to south African republic, to the city of Port Elizabeth.
All teams were on the same flight. However this trip was challenging: teams had to spend 30 hours in planes and airports. After arrival teams had to drive themselves for more than 400 km to Lion Park.

1st to Park:
Ihor and Vasil
2nd
Boobs
3rd
Constantine and Jacob

Next clue:  feed a lion or tiger.

Standings after feeding a lion:
1st Ihor and Vasil
2nd Boobs
3rd Father and son

Detour: stick or egg.

Stick: teams had to break 3 cups hanging on a rope using a special stick.

Egg: teams had to use a straw in order to fill 12 ostrich eggs with water and cover it with sand.

Standings after detour:
1st Ihor and Vasil (Stick)
2nd Boobs (Stick)
3rd Father and Son (egg)

Next clue: drive yourselves to Bloukrans bridge. (180 km away).

During the ride Boobs and Father&Son passed Sportsmen, however they moved much faster than it was allowed. Luckily police didn't notice that.

Roadblock: jump off the bridge (bungee jump).

Standings after the roadblock:
1st Father and Son
2nd Ihor and Vasil
3rd Boobs

Next clue: go to a local village and eat a head of a sheep.

Standings after the feast:
1st Boobs
2nd Father and son
3rd Ihor and Vasil

Note: Natalia and Tatiana didn't complete the roadblock and received a 4 hour penalty.

Next clue: find a local ranger and take a picture with him, then trade it for the postcard, send it to Kiev and receive the next clue.

Next clue: go to the pit-stop.
Standings at finish:

1st Ihor and Vasil

2nd Boobs (they were 1st to send the postcard but it came down to the footrace and sportsmen passed the girls and won the leg)

3rd Alexey and Olena. (they arrived at the same time as Father and Son did, but Father and Son told that Alexey and Olena deserved 3rd place because they helped Father&Son when they had troubles with their car.

4th Father and Son

5th Doctors

6th  Natalia and Tatiana. ELIMINATED.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for the recap!  ;)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Boobs doing well <3

Last female team standing <3

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
I have the worst feeling that this will turn into a bland alpha male final three. :(