Author Topic: TAR Ukraine LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, Show Discussion! Ep 5 up! **SPOILERS**  (Read 65107 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR Ukraine LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, Discussion! Starts 11/25
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
If anyone is watching this show, see if you can help the Wikipedia page. Even a little bit of help goes a long way :)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »
ATTENTION!!

I do not know how many places, how many threads I have to keep saying:

ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS ARE EVER TO BE POSTED PUBLICLY.

Why do you all think they get removed?? :groan:

WHy do we have a place to discuss links for every show? :duh:

This is a SERIOUS problem,do NOT make me say this again.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
If you need a link to watch, you can ask here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28706.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:18 AM »
Show content
Why did Vladimir and Irina get a longer, 4-hour penalty?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »
Show content
Why did Vladimir and Irina get a longer, 4-hour penalty?
Because they quit the task before the producers announced it stopped due to darkness. The other two, Alexey & Olena and Constantine & Jacob, were still trying to complete the task when the producers called off the task.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is a really good cast, but I'm not really a fan of the host. But more importantly, DUBS?!!?!? Why are the dubbing foreign language and not using subtitles?

Offline Vigik

• RFF Not So Newbie
The Amazing Race Ukranian/ Velyki perehony
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
Ukranian season of TAR started a week ago, and we can do english subtitles for that show.
Just please tell us if you are interested in that, because if you don't, it would be waste of time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Subtitles would be great, but we know that is an enormous amount of work. We would love even just a weekly recap if subtitles are too hard??

And we are very careful to protect our episode uploaders, so if/when you do subtitle any episodes, please do NOT post it here, send me a PM and I will show you our SAFE place for them!!

:bigwelcome to RFF!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Subtitles would be great, but we know that is an enormous amount of work. 
Yeah, it's a huge work because one episode lasts almost 2 hours, and so far team of translators consists of... er... 1 person (me, who's extremely busy sometimes), as well as team of editors (who consists of Vigik only). Unfortunately, no more people are interested in translating that show (so far), but we would like to try anyway. I don't know how much time it would take. Let's say we'll make subtitles for ep1 and look at amount of downloads.

We would love even just a weekly recap if subtitles are too hard??
We can make both. xD Anyway this is a spoiler thread, so here is a recap of ep1:

- the race started in Kiev.

- According to 1st clue teams headed to United Arab Emirates. But before going to the airport, teams had to find national emblem of UAE on a big wall that was placed near the start line (sort of challenge from US version, where teams had to find numberplate or something like that), however last team to do that was not eliminated.
Vladimir and Irina completed that task 1st.
Olena and Alexei were 2nd, but then they were stopped by police on the way to airport because of going over speed limit (don't know how to say it in English. xD Frankly speaking, they just went too fast). But it didn't take much time.
Beauty Queens were 3rd.
Andrei and Irina dropped their clue and money, but fortunately they detected their loss pretty quickly and didn't lost much time.

- The box with next clue was actually not in UAE, it was in ukrainian airport (even though 1st clue said "Go to UAE"). 2nd clue said "Take a flight to Dubai".

- 8 teams were on 1st flight arriving at 7.46 pm. Anna & Roman and Father & Son had to take off later. Anna definitely had PMS because she constantly yelled at Roman.

- Then teams headed to Burj Khalifa tower, where they found the next clue.
1st: Vladimir and Irina
2nd: Queens

- Teams had to go to a huge street market where they had to find a tradesman. Tradesman had a postcard that teams needed. Teams could receive that postcard in exchange for the picture of  any local citizen wearing national clothes.
1st: Queens

- After receiving postcard from tradesman, contestants had to send it to Kiev. (Contestants don't know (but viewers do), that you can't win if you don't have all postcards on the finish line of the amazing race).

- Detour: Glass or Gold?
Glass: assemble 10 hookahs.
Gold: teams have 5 golden objects (jewelery), and they have place them in the right order (from least expensive to most).

- Father and Son forgot some of their stuff in a cab, so they had to go to police and look for taxi driver. And they found him actually, and the luggage was brought back. They were on the last place in the middle of the leg.

- Ranking after detour:
 1st Alla and Alexandra
 2nd Vladimir and Irina  (both teams chose Gold)
 3rd Andrey and Irina (Glass)

- Then teams went to aqua-park, where they had to slide down in the chute (don't know if it's the right word. I mean the big plastic thing for sliding down in the water).
1st: Andrey and Irina
2st: Anna and Roman

- Roadblock. Teams had to go to a desert and have a ride on buggies. Yeah, not a new challenge. Many teams stuck in the sand and had to dig out their buggies. And it were Ihor and Vasil who did that faster. Vladimir and Irina struggled hard and decided to quit that challenge taking a penalty.
1st: Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)
2nd: Queens

- Finish line. Nothing special.
Results of the 1st leg:

1. Sportsmen (Ihor and Vasil)
2. Beauty Queens (Valeria and Bohdana)
3. Alla and Alexandra (mom and daughter)
4. Anna and Roman (PMS-team)
5. Andrey and Irina
6. Natalie and Tetjana
7. Alexander and Vladimir (doctors)
8. Constantine and Jacob (father and son)
9. Alexey and Olena
10. Irina and Vladimir - ELIMINATED. That was sad as they did great during the leg.

(p.s. I didn't know which kind of information you are interested in, so just let me know if you need more).
(p.s.2 next recap will be ready within next 12 hours).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:15:18 AM by getmegone »

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
p.s.3
I know some screenshots would be appreciated, but they all are too big and I can't upload it here because of limits.
I'll try to make smaller ones next time.

Offline Vigik

• RFF Not So Newbie
Here's the cast:

1. Alexander and Vladimir (doctors)

2. Alexey and Olena (life partners)

3. Alla and Alexandra (mom and daughter)

4. Andrey and Irina (dating)

5. Anna and Roman (PMS-team)

6. Constantine and Jacob (father and son)

7. Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)

8. Natalie and Tetjana (friends)

9. Valeria and Bohdana (beauty queens)

10. Irina and Vladimir (farther and daughter)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:37:48 AM by Vigik »

Offline Vigik

• RFF Not So Newbie
Оо
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:50:20 AM by Vigik »

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
RECAP OF LEG 2.

- Sportsmen start the 2nd leg in the 1st place. 1st clue says go to Colombo (Sri Lanka), where they need to find a temple.

- some teams (Alla & Alexandra,  Olena and Alexey  and Queens)  didn’t read the clue properly and tried to find the temple here, in Dubai. I don’t know how they didn’t see “Colombo – Sri Lanka” words. They lost some time there.

- All teams arrived to Sri Lanka at the same time

- It was hard to find a taxi there

- Ranking at the 2nd checkpoint:
1st Olena and Alexey with a huge lead.
2nd Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)
3rd Alla and Alexandra (mom and daughter)

- 2nd clue said: “Find a needle in haystack and then sew an emblem of the temple on Buddhist clothes”. Yeah, there was literally a needle in a haystack.

- Anna yells at Roman. Many people actually argued while trying to find a needle.

- Anna (PMS team) is afraid of worms. She started crying after she saw one in a haystack. All teams admitted that they are tired of Anna because she’s always yelling at her boyfriend and she always gets nervous about everything. Guys, I hope you’ll see that one day, this is EPIC. xDDD

- Ranking after the challenge with haystack and sewing the emblem on:
1st Ihor and Vasil with a decent lead
2nd Queens
3nd Anna and Roman (Anna yells)

Roman: Don’t be nervous.
Anna: I’m not nervous. I’m PISSED

- Next clue: “go to Townhall Post Office, receive a postcard and send it to Kiev”. But post officer can give the postcard only if teams take a picture of a blue taxi cab.

- Memorable moment: Roman loses his mind yells at Anna

- Ihor and Vasil didn’t get luck with their taxi driver. He didn’t know the right way and they lost much time as well as their lead.

- Roman and Anna lost their camera and they had to ask a local citizen to take a picture of the cab

- Rank after sending postcards:
1st Queens
2nd Constantine and Jacob
3rd Roman and Anna

- Detour: Hot or dirty?
Hot:  Carry 2 bags of chilli pepper (total weight of 50 kg) and then cook a pepper sause

Dirty: Wash clothes

- Actually team Queens must be renamed, because other teams call them “Team Boobs”.
 Queens are told that they are called team Boobs:

- It seems “Hot” was easier because Andrey and Irina caught the lead after the detour.
1st Andrey and Irina (Hot)
2nd Constantine and Jacob (Dirty)
3rd Roman and Anna (Dirty)
4th The Boobs (Dirty)

- According to next clue, the following clue was hidden under a bunch of snakes.

- Roadblock Who’s the most attentive?
Contestant had to look at the picture, remember it and then go to the crowd of people and find the mask he/she saw in the picture. The contestant had limited amount of attempts.

- After the roadblock:
 1st Andrey and Irina
2nd Ihor and Vasil
3rd  Anna and Roman

-  Olena and Alexey received a 4 hour penalty for not completing  the roadblock.

Aaaand then teams went to the finish line.
The order is introduced in the following post.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:40:02 AM by getmegone »

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
1. Andrey and Irina

2.  Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)

3. Anna and Roman (pms-team)

4. Valeria and Bohdana (Queens aka Boobs)

5. Constantine and Jacob (father and son)

6. Natalia and Tenjana (friends)

7 Alexey and Olena

8. Alla and Alexandra (mon and daughter)

9. Alexandr and Vladimir. (the doctors). They arrived 8th, but they didn't pay for the taxi and they had to go back. When they looked for their taxi driver, Alla and Alexandra finished on the 8th position.

BUT that was a NEL, and Alex and Vladimir will receive a 30 minute penalty at the finish of the next leg. 9 teams continue their race around the world.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This is AMAZING!! Thank you both SO MUCH!!

Now it will be 1000X more fun to watch!!

:ihrtu :party:  :tu :party: :ihrtu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
New Ep 2 link is up!! Can't wait to watch since I might be actually able to understand it now thanks to Vigik and getmegone! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Next episode airs on April, 27th.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:16:08 PM by getmegone »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Hey getmegone, do you think you could possibly help keep the Wikipedia Page for TAR Ukraine up to date?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hey getmegone, do you think you could possibly help keep the Wikipedia Page for TAR Ukraine up to date?

Great idea! If some of you wiki experts want to get to work, the RFF WIKI for TAR is located here:

http://www.realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race

As you know, we are hoping to take WIKI to a whole new level!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
I don't think my english is good enough for Wikipedia xD Anyway the one who's keeping that page up to date now is doing great job
(if we are talking about this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velyki_perehony ), and if he or she is a member of RFF, he/she just can use the recaps which will be posted here.

If you mean  RFF wiki (http://www.realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race), then just why not to copy and paste the info from Wikipedia.org? xD I would do the same thing actually instead of writing the same things by myself.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We are traveling a long way :ot: so this is the last post on this.

Wiki takes most of its spoiler info directly from US. Our WIKI is trying to do a more indepth look, relying on our own info. Night and Day.

Back to the Ukraine please~!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:05:57 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline getmegone

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 3 RECAP!

Leg 3 continues in Sri Lanka.

According to the 1st clue, teams had to go to the "Fort" railway station, find 2 hens in cages and go to "Kalutar" railway station with that cages, then they had to continue racing with both cages in their hands.

However the chicken shop was closed till 6 a.m, that means they all started the leg at th same time.

Alexey and Olena saw an accident with taxi-cab. The car was overturned and the driver was injured.

Despite of being on the race,  team decided to help the driver.

It was hot inside the train to Kalurar, so teams had to stand by the open doors.

Roadblock: sell 20 coconuts in order to receive the next clue.

1st at roadblock:
Tetjana and Natalia (Friends)
2nd:
Constantine and Jacob (Father and Son)
3rd:
Ihor and Vasil (Sportsmen)

The detour was right after the roadblock: water or cakes?
Water: "Go to Wevita Lake in Bandaragama and wash an elephant"

Cakes: Teams have to sculpt 150 cakes out of manure. (it's not dish, just this things have shape of cakes).

Yeah, teams had to do that with bare hands.

1st at Detour:
Valeria and Bohdana (Queens). Other teams admitted that Queens sold out their coconuts because they have big boobs, and other teams don't. Mother and Daughter were frustrated after Queens finished 1st and said that life of Boobs team is easier because they are beautiful and brainless. Valeria heard that but didn't say anything - probably that means they they have brains and don't want to argue with psychos.
2nd:
Ihor and Vasil (Sportsmen)
3rd:
Alexandr and Vladimir (Doctors)

Mother and Daughter completed the roadblock last and chose "Water", however there was no more elephants available (for the unknown reason) so they had to go and sculpt the cakes out of manure.

The Doctor said Anna's cakes sucked, so she got mad and attacked the Doctor, but he pushed her to the pile of manure:

1st after Detour:
Andrey and Irina
2nd:
Ihor and Vasil
3rd
Queens

Clue after detour: "Go to Bandaragama post office. Take a picture of you and a local wearing a yellow shirt with TAR emblem.

Trade that picture for a postcard which must be sent to Kiev"

Irina and Andrey were 1st at the post office,  but they put their postcard into the wrong mailbox. When they realized that and corrected that mistake, 2 teams passed them.
1st to send the postcard to Kiev:
Queens.
2nd:
Ihor and Vasil
3rd
Irina and Andrey

There was the 2nd roadblock then.  It said: "Go to Gangula temple, there you'll have to chose one of two tasks'
(sort of detour, but it was marked as "Roadblock").
The contestant had to walk over the live coals on bare feet

or lie on a bed of nails for 3 minutes

But there was a twist. After the contestant completes any task, the next clue says "The other contestant must complete the other task".

The finish was right after the 2nd roadblock.

Standings at the finish:

1. Queens

2. Ihor and Vasil (Sportsmen)

3. Alexey and Irina (Dating)

4. Constantine and Jacob (Father and Son)

5. Tenjana and Natalia (Friends)

6. Alexandr and Vladimir (Doctors)

7. Olena and Alexey (Life partners)

8. Anna and Roman (PMS team)

9. Alla and Alexandra. They have been eliminated.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
Alla/Alexandra sad torch ;_;

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
I bet people on this version of the show have mad difficulties with the language barrier. I doubt any one in Sri Lanka speaks Ukranian (or any Cyrillic language) and there's no way anyone on the race speaks Hindi.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
I bet people on this version of the show have mad difficulties with the language barrier. I doubt any one in Sri Lanka speaks Ukranian (or any Cyrillic language) and there's no way anyone on the race speaks Hindi.

They can probably bond with English together. :lol: Also, somebody might do an Ernie & Cindy and learn the basics of as many languages as possible before racing. :P