Author Topic: Events!  (Read 21470 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Events!
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 05:02:43 AM »
I might be going to this after all. My sister is talking about getting me a ticket and flights for my birthday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:22:39 AM »
That's what I call a cool sisiter!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »
Ross and Tarryn sighted!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 03:09:45 AM »
Ross and Tarryn sighted!

:o  :hearts:  :yess:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
Wow, what a day! :hearts: It was one of the most incredible experiences ever! :colors

The event started inside the main lobby/entrance place of the cinema, and we spent an hour or so taking photos with the teams and stuff like that!

The teams who were there were:

Season Two:

Lucy & Emilia
Michelle & Jo
Paul & Steve
James & Sarah
Ross & Tarryn
Kym & Donna
Grace

Season One:

Richard & Joey
Jeff
Liberty

I enlisted the help of my sister photographer ;D to take photos of me with everyone. Got a group photo with most of the teams, and individual photos with most of the teams!

I have to say that Richard & Joey were so nice! :hearts: Had a conversation with them for a couple of minutes - Joey asked me if I had cheered for them on Season 1, and I told them that they were my favourite team - which is true, although they are my equal favourites along with Sam & Renae. :hearts: Joey's hair has grown back!!! :lol:

Paul spent most of the time lifting/carrying/lugging/using as weights most people for photographs. :res: :res: :res: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I also have to say that the racers are REALLY TALL in real life! I felt like the Charla of the group taking most of those photos! :lol3: If I'm ever on TAR, when they take that group photo at the Starting Line, I will be for sure sitting down on the front row! :lol: Lucy is so much taller than I thought!!!!! :lol:

Then after all of that fun, we went in to the movie theatre and Lucy & Emilia welcomed everyone and we got the episode up on screen and watched it. Such a surreal experience to be watching a TAR episode on the big screen! :colors

Then after it was over, all the teams came up down the front - my sister and I were seated in the front row, which was awful during the episode (staring all the way up at the screen :lol:) but it was perfect at the end! :hearts:

So Lucy & Emilia started asking questions to the teams - the questions had been asked on Facebook. And surprise, surprise, I hear my name called out for the very first question, :o and my question that I had posted on Facebook read: "I had a question for the amazing Ross & Tarryn (hope I'm not too late) - If Lucy & Emilia had beaten Paul & Steve to that very first Pit Stop, would you guys have used the Salvage Pass to save Paul & Steve? I'm just really curious... :P"

So Emilia passed the microphone over to Ross who said, without even thinking about it "THEY WERE GONE!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

And then Lucy & Emilia - being the amazing people that they are - asked Paul & Steve, "And how does that make you feel?"

Steve says, "Pretty good." :lol3:

Then we went on to some other questions from various people, and someone had asked James & Sarah about what they had packed and what they wish they had packed. So James started talking and tells us that in addition to her own bag, two thirds of his own bag was filled with Sarah's belongings. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :groan: :groan: :groan: :stare :stare :stare :oh :oh :oh

And then Sarah starts talking - talks for about half an hour :lol: - and then she says that she had taken FIFTEEN pairs of HEELS on the race! :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

And then she says that she had taken ONE runner - not one pair of runners, just the one individual runner! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Then someone asked Jeff from Season 1 about how they had coped with returning home after the race. Jeff is just so funny! He talked about how it was so difficult not to talk about it and stuff, but he said "You can get through anything with psychiatric help!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

So then after heaps more questions - they pulled out some raffle tickets which various people won. No luck for me! :lol:

And then they wrapped it all up, revealing that they had raised no less than $8,000 total across both this event and their last one! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I'm so happy that the event was such a success and for such a great cause! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:'

Then, after it was over, I really wanted photos with Lucy & Emilia, because I had failed to get one before since they were surrounded by mobs of people! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: So I managed to get to Lucy and my sister photographer took the photo and then, out of the blue, Lucy asks me, "Do you have any idea about who 'racer' is on that spoiler site?" :o :o :o :o :o I'm like, "Yeah, that's me!" :lol3: Out of all the people in that cinema that she could have asked! :lol3:

Turns out that they have been reading and loving everything here on RFF, and Lucy told me that she absolutely loves reading all of our spoilering and all of our comments here! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I was really stunned! She gave a big hello to everyone here! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Then I also took a photo with Emilia and then I was out of there!

Such an awesome day! It was so awesome! Hopefully I can get some pics up later - I might post them on my Facebook. :tup:

That's enough of my rambling for now! :lol: I just loved it! One of the best nights ever! :hrt:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
Another funny moment just popped into my mind - someone asked what the racers did on their auditions that made them get cast. ;)

Liberty from Season 1 said - "First of all, it's great to have a strange name, because I don't think there were too many 'Ryots' and 'Libertys' amongst the auditions/applications." :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: (This is actually good news for me in future... :lol:)

And then Steve said that to have a successful audition tape, just put Paul in it... :res: :res: :res: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
What an awesome experience racer!  :hearts: I wish I was there too! So jelous.
Lucy & Emilia! I really really really love them now!  :hearts: :luvya: :<3 :hrt: <33333333333

For the record, I didn't know who Liberty was until I googled her.  :lol3:

Pictures please!!!  :colors

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »
racer, that sounds like so much fun! Lucy & Emilia are so awesome! :hearts: I'd imagine it's nice to see the racers not in race mode. :tup:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
What an awesome experience racer!  :hearts: I wish I was there too! So jelous.
Lucy & Emilia! I really really really love them now!  :hearts: :luvya: :<3 :hrt: <33333333333

For the record, I didn't know who Liberty was until I googled her.  :lol3:

Pictures please!!!  :colors

Yeah, it was a really awesome experience! One of the best moments of my life - if not the best! :hearts: I believe Coutzy and BayBay were there as well! :) Hopefully you'll get the opportunity for something similar sometime. :hrt:

Yeah, Lucy & Emilia are just amazing! They're so hilarious! :hearts: Lucy has clearly seen this particular thread, because she knew that a 'racer' had posted here about attending it, and I still can't get over the fact that she asked me that question! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I actually didn't recognise Liberty when they called her down to go up to the front! :lol: She seems to have changed a lot!

Will try to get pictures up for sure! I might not be able to for a couple of days, but I'll get them done sooner or later! :)

racer, that sounds like so much fun! Lucy & Emilia are so awesome! :hearts: I'd imagine it's nice to see the racers not in race mode. :tup:

Yeah, it was just awesome! :) It was really nice to see the racers in person! In particular, Tarryn looks amazing in person! My sister and I thought she looked amazing in person! :hearts:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
Lucy is the best!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Great that you had a good enconter , racer!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Full review tonight! Watch this space!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
What an amazing experience, I'm
so glad you got that opportunity!
Can't wait for photos! :hearts:

Now may I ask, what did you think of last night's episode??

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
Lucy is the best!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Great that you had a good enconter , racer!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »

Now may I ask, what did you think of last night's episode??

NOT in this thread please!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 07:44:28 AM »
Reading racers review it is pretty comprehensive! honestly a great experience and had a great time chatting to the racers! Especially James (from James and Sarah) and Richard and Joey (surprisingly!! haha).

Lucy and Emilia sent their love to everyone here! And they said they were amazed by all the work our detectives do!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 08:30:57 AM »
honestly a great experience and had a great time chatting to the racers! Especially James (from James and Sarah) and Richard and Joey (surprisingly!! haha).

Yeah, Richard & Joey were really awesome to talk to for me as well! :lol:

This was our conversation (roughly):

Me: Hi guys!
Richard/Joey: Hi!
Me: Can I get a photo?
Joey: Yeah, sure.

(take the photo)

Joey: So did you cheer for us?
Me: Yeah, you guys were my favourites on Season 1.
Joey: Oh, really? Cool! Well I'm sorry we couldn't have raced longer for you! :lol:
Me: Yeah, too bad.

(and then we talked briefly about the current season)

jiajia12

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:21 AM »
Lucy and Emilia is so amazing,I don't mind proposing to Lucy,she's so much fun and so bright :hrt:
what's Grace doing there by herself? did she do something strange? :tantrum

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »
what's Grace doing there by herself? did she do something strange? :tantrum

I actually didn't get the chance to talk to Grace or take a photo with her. :( She came a little later than the rest I think. I'm not sure why Joseph wasn't with her? :duno:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »
I had a few words here and there with Grace. She struck me as a bit self centred.

Though she did say that she was not aware at the time that moving Sarah and James' belongings was against the rules. Kym and Donna also said they didn't read the rulebook, it was too thick for them to bother.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 09:13:28 PM »
Without starting a hate war or anything, did Grace get along with everyone else? It seems like teams got quite annoyed with them during the race and I'm just wondering if it's something that carried over or was just stress on the race and everyone's happy now.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:42 PM »
Without starting a hate war or anything, did Grace get along with everyone else? It seems like teams got quite annoyed with them during the race and I'm just wondering if it's something that carried over or was just stress on the race and everyone's happy now.

She seemed agreeable enough with everybody. I didn't notice her speaking with James and Sarah or Paul too much, but all the racers were kept very busy by the fans. One thing I did notice was Kym and Donna still don't like Paul.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »
Though she did say that she was not aware at the time that moving Sarah and James' belongings was against the rules. Kym and Donna also said they didn't read the rulebook, it was too thick for them to bother.

Now that you mentioned that, I remembered Kym & Donna's hilarious answer to the question "What sort of preparation did you do for the race?"

Donna said (as Coutzy mentioned) that she didn't bother to read the rulebook because it was too thick and she prepared by spending time looking out of her window. :lol: :lol3:

And Kym prepared for the Race by smoking... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

Now that you mentioned that, I remembered Kym & Donna's hilarious answer to the question "What sort of preparation did you do for the race?"

Donna said (as Coutzy mentioned) that she didn't bother to read the rulebook because it was too thick and she prepared by spending time looking out of her window. :lol: :lol3:

And Kym prepared for the Race by smoking... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

They also said to me that their son more or less applied for them, and their first video was badly formatted, so the producers asked them to do it again.

Of course, all this flies in the face of what they say on the application forms about doing them yourself, and making sure the video is formatted right because they won't let you do another one. And that makes me furious.

Offline Sash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »
I was there too...and by the way I was the one who asked the questions about how they coped returning home and what they did on their auditions to get cast, plus they threw in a third question of mine...way too cool!

Lucy in real life is so tall, easy 6ft and she was wearing flats (her beautiful mum, Anna, was there too and she is teeny tiny, their other sister Rosy was there as well and she looks so much like Lucy) and as Racer said most of the racers are all really tall, especially the girls, the twins looked like giant plastic Barbies. Donna looked gorgeous, and she is seriously funny. I've been speaking to Lucy a lot on their Facebook page and I couldn't believe when I saw her there taking photos with someone and she said 'I wonder if Sash is here'. WHAT!!! I put my hand up and she squealed my name and dragged me in for a pic, then said to Emi, this is Sash, and Emi squealed my name...surreal! Then to top it off they mentioned me twice in the screening, one time getting the audience to cheer for me! I can so die happy now...well after I've been on the race myself that is.

Fab night!

Offline Sash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 06:59:25 AM »
BTW, forgot to mention something that seemed odd, or maybe not!

All the racers were sitting in the back rows but Grace was sitting right up the front on the right side (crappy seats to see the screen), and Grace was there with a lot of family, I think there was a woman that looked like her sister and and older man that I assume was her father plus a bunch more people, but with all this family there Joseph never turned up...odd.

Maybe Sarah threw her backpack out of the backrow seats, lol!

And speaking of Sarah, her and James had broken up a couple of weeks back but you would never know by the way they were together...well they were the on again off again couple, maybe it was the on period again.