Author Topic: TARAus2 Episode 5 (Dubai/Istanbul) Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 26731 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus2 Episode 5 (?) Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:08 AM »
The leg is definitely in Dubai AND Turkey.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 03:27:38 AM »
^Yes. I watched the previous episode online and it had a different promo to the aired one. It shows Emilia and Lucy getting a clue from a cluebox in Dubai reading "Fly to Istanbul, Turkey".

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 03:46:14 AM »
^Yes. I watched the previous episode online and it had a different promo to the aired one. It shows Emilia and Lucy getting a clue from a cluebox in Dubai reading "Fly to Istanbul, Turkey".

Yeah I saw it this afternoon. It also had Ross/Tarryn crying in it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:54 AM »
just watched the promo oval was talking about

the RB is teams have to look around for something in the column place, looks difficult as Ross seems to be struggling  :'(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:20:19 AM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
from the RB this episode

Ross

Sarah

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 07:09:02 AM »
Looks like Ross and Tarryn's race ends tomorrow   :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
Press release:

The Amazing Race Australia races to a new night
 June 21, 2012, 4:05 pm
THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA is moving to the earlier timeslot of 7.30pm Monday, as the eight remaining teams head to beautiful Istanbul, Turkey.

With this year's Race longer, tougher and even more challenging than last season, some of the teams start to turn on each other while others turn on workmates Paul and Steve.

An apparently simple market challenge will test the patience of every team, and an ancient treasure could be the undoing of one pair of Race favourites.

http://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n6/lifestyle/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/14006446/the-amazing-race-australia-races-to-a-new-night/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus2 Episode 5 (Dubai/Istanbul) Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »
Wow. What a dud of an episode, that was some pretty bad leg archiecture  :res:

I didn't mind the equalizer for the boat to arrive as there were probably huge gaps between the teams from last leg. Reasonable Detour, but I thought the jewellry task was ridiculous. And the U-TURN! How pointless because
1. Both sides of the Detour were fairly easy
2. There was most likely going to be transport equalizers to Istanbul, AND THERE WAS! :gaah:
Anyway, so glad to see Turkey again  :colors
The Roadblock was.. decent. A task that challenged the mind instead of physicality was good as teams were probably exhausted. And what an AWESOME Roadblock location, from that beautiful mosque to the underground cistern, just awesome! The place reminded me of something out of Indiana Jones  :lol:
I felt that they could have made a much more creative challenge at that location but it was a good challenge anyway.

However putting a U-Turn after an EASY Detour and before equalizing transport was stupid, and crossing continents in the middle of the leg was a stupid move. I was relieved that it was an NEL!
So glad my favourites got a second chance, Ross & Tarryn :luvya:
As for this Grace/Paul standoff, I'm not on Grace's side as I have been a victim of bullying myself, and it's no fun, however knocking her over? THAT was uncalled for!
It leaves me frustrated that Michelle & Jo can't manage to pull a win, they work so hard and consistently, and they're playing a fair and friendly game, I want to them to get a victory soon!
And Lucy and Emilia WON'T be starting the next leg in last place  :hearts:

p.s. it looks like we have our token 'strip down and do something stupid' task next week. sigh

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
I'm so upset... Paul & Steve won :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww :eww but much worse.... Lucy & Emilia's pattern has come to an end. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:lol:

I thought it was a decent/average episode. The tasks themselves were very well-designed, that's for sure, but the mid-leg flight almost destroyed the whole thing. The only thing which saved the leg was the NEL, because personally I don't feel like it is fair for someone to go home after just one task between the equaliser and the Pit Stop. :tup:

This episode left me no doubt that Paul is just despicable... apparently being bullied has resulted him hating bullies, so to deal with it, he decides to become a bully... :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

So glad about the NEL.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »
Lucy & Emilia's pattern has come to an end.

*Technically* they were the last team to complete all the tasks in the leg as with the previous four legs.  :hearts:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
This leg is actually my fave so far. Loved everything about it apart from the winners of the leg.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
For the bullying scene, I support neither of them. I understand how the bullied people think and feel like. Especially verbal bullying is 1000 times more destructive to the bullied people than a physical bullying, and I don't support Grace for this action. But as Grace said, "Paul went too far." The way Paul treat back to Grace is a another critical mistake in the race, and also it shows that he still haven't gone through his high school bullied shadow. :'(

And then the running scene, I believe that knocking down is accidentally. I wont believe Paul is that kind of very-creepy person. By the way, I'm so glad Paul and Steve won their very first leg, after they work so hard in each leg!!! :hearts: :<3 :yess:

Paul, keeping acting as a villian or villain! :jam: :jam: :jam:
ASIAN PRIDE!!!  :keeta: :keeta: :keeta:
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
The clue to the pitstop made me think it would be a non-elimination leg.   :lol:  And I guess looking back on it with just one task after the bunching it made sense as well.  It was a little bit puzzling then why Tarryn looked so upset in the interviews, I guess though they were saved the stress of what had happened was still fresh for her. 

I'm happy that they do have u-turns which people can come back from, which is not the case on the American version.  I don't mind the fact that the detour wasn't really hard (particuarly with a single and not a double u-turn), though the bunching with the flight wasn't so well designed.

The old Marked for Elimination penalty is back in use, personally I prefer the speed bump (as long as it is nearbye and not too hard).

That underground cistern has been used before, or am I confusing it with somewhere else?

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
It was a little bit puzzling then why Tarryn looked so upset in the interviews, I guess though they were saved the stress of what had happened was still fresh for her. 

She had the same expression in the first episode before Ross announced that they were saving Lucy & Emilia from elimination. Just from that serious look I thought they were going to ax the sisters and opt for the hour headstart.

She would have a good pokerface

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »
Kind of a pointless u-turn, I agree with supah.
Not the best of leg designs for sure but at least it was a NEL.

Loved Turkey, always love Turkey!!  :hearts:
Bit too much cheap drama going on with the getting under skin and pushing (though I don't think he did it on purpose).
Grow up guys. It's a race, competition is healthy but no need for these shennanigans.

Besides Grace should think twice about riling up Paul again next time. Maybe he deserved it at some level, but it definitely didn't harm them. Best way to do damage is probably just to ignore them because he can't stand that.  :lol:

Looking forward to more Turkey in leg 6!  :hearts:  :colors
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
Say what you want about Paul & Steve but they sure dominated leg #5! 1st to count, a quick finish 2 the jewelry U-turn (may be a weak one but it still stumped Sticky & Sam!) & 1st in the arabic symbols arrangement!

What can I say?

Stuff of champions?   :o

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
I'm liking how they gave Paul tons of character development, but I lament that Steve will turn into an invisible partner. I hope James & Sarah re-learn the lesson from last leg that they can excel when they are nice to each other. If the next leg doesn't have an equalizer, the RT's mark for elimination will give Hunners Chick enough buffer to survive one more day.

While one might argue that Paul was being aggressive in this episode, I feel like he was being more defensive towards what he probably felt were like taunts from past bullies. I personally found Grace to be immature and annoying. Lucy once again had another Roadblock crowning moment of awesome, but I felt bad for Ross breaking down. James & Sarah played it well by quitting soon.

I'm feeling a little bit bad for the twins since they keep first-blocked by other teams, it's like they're reliving Kisha and Jen's run on UB. Shane & Andrew and Sticky & Sam were too UTR, except during the U-Turn drama.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:11:45 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »
i wonder if the flight delay is somewhat scripted to bunch them but if not, it could have left 3 to 4 teams on a 2nd flight but still, having one task on that leg after the flight is seems to be unfair.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »
having one task on that leg after the flight is seems to be unfair.

But it was a non-elimination.  Unless you mean it was too easy for the team that finished first and won the prize.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
I'll admit I'm beginning to warm to Lucy and Emilia, they had me laughing this week with having to wait for a building to be built to receive their next clue and "Hello sexy boys" to Paul and Steve, I love the subtle interactions between those two teams, it makes me think that the sisters don't hate them as much as the other teams seem to. I also loved that they were there to in a way mediate between the Paul and Grace collision. I was even hoping they could pull off a shocker and win the leg but being only third last is satisfaction enough, small steps...

Paul and Steve rocked this leg, especially Paul. In regards to the two conflicts of the night I would say I'm on his side but I can understand that others would not be. I think it was foolish of Grace to imagine that it would be fun or entertaining to play with someone else's feelings, especially if you're not so close to them or if you know they wouldn't take such a thing so well. And I can't see what a seemingly rational person like Paul has to gain from intentionally assaulting anyone on this race, sure he comes off as cut throat but I don't believe anyone in their right mind would bowl over a girl as small as Grace. Also I don't think Shane and Andrew would have Uturned Paul and Steve had the confrontation with Grace not occurred, they don't seem the sort. In the end, I'm glad Paul and Steve came in first if not only for their skill set then for their rising above adversity. I also found it hilarious how evil Paul is also sexy Paul, beneath all of his talk you can tell he's also there to enjoy the race.

I loved that we finally saw the twins using their airline knowledge or whatever, I had almost forgot about that! And I like Turkey as a destination, I haven't watched the season 7 episode that went there but I'm pretty certain it did not visit Hagia Sofia (which I now know that I was pronouncing incorrectly hahaha) and I really liked the roadblock, it was like an improvement on the Vietnamese coins from last year with more of a nightmarish theme, and leeches!!  :yess:

Ross and Tarryn continue the trend of teams that were strong early on coming in last, maybe they're starting to burn out o.O and Sticky and Sam finally wore something other than their summer shorts hahaha.
Next week looks interesting to say the least...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »
Also I don't think Shane and Andrew would have Uturned Paul and Steve had the confrontation with Grace not occurred, they don't seem the sort. In the end, I'm glad Paul and Steve came in first if not only for their skill set then for their rising above adversity. I also found it hilarious how evil Paul is also sexy Paul, beneath all of his talk you can tell he's also there to enjoy the race.

I agree, as I thought that whole thing was made worse because it was done in front of the other racers, who would naturally side with Grace. And to them, it looked like Paul was picking on poor little Grace. I guess it reminds me of similar positions that I've been in myself.

It's probably the only time I will say that I'm glad to see Paul & Steve win this leg. I can understand where Paul was coming from, being bullied, and having met girls like Grace, who think the world revolve around her, I just found her to be the most repulsive of all.

Nice to see the race visit Istanbul, even though I tend to remember it for one of the low moments of US edition, the POW comment.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
I like Paul and I like Grace aswell but these two are just too hot headed with the whole competition.
It's like they are meant for each other almost.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »
i wonder if the flight delay is somewhat scripted to bunch them but if not, it could have left 3 to 4 teams on a 2nd flight but still, having one task on that leg after the flight is seems to be unfair.

Flights schedules do not change for a race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »
Watching episode 5 now! :hearts:

WOW! James and Sarah arrived a whole 12 mins before Sticky and Sam? I truly underestimated them! Am glad they won the last leg!

Shane and Andrew... I really don't know why and how... has it got something to do with the way they asked for directions to their next location? How can their taxi always bring them to the wrong places!

Okay, the HoH opens at 930.. I don't think the teachers are going to be in time for it? But I think there might be a flight and since they were shown in the adverts to be bunched with the other teams, I think they will do fine. Somehow, I think they MIGHT have a chance of survival??

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Erm Paul, people do not pick on asians for no reason. It's because you are a piece of ass and that's why everyone's against you. I've had australian friends who adore humble and nice asians. So stop trying to classify australians as bullies, in case if you haven't realize, you are on the australian version, and not the asian version of the show. #justsaying

:res: :res: :res: :res:

Omg, what a detour! Personally I'll choose count them up but it's 1499! If it's any lesser i might have consider. But mainly because I also like to take matters into m own hands. The jewellery arranging detour seems more like a luck based task!