Author Topic: TARAus2 Episode 7 (Paris) Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 19075 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus2 Episode 7 (Paris) Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »
do I see a London Eye on pic #7? :colors

I think thats the Roue De Paris

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:33 PM »
Here are a few caps from the 'Sneak Peek'
(Note: the captions are being said by Grace)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
Wait...they touched another team's property...I'm pretty sure that will cause a penalty.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »
Wait...they touched another team's property...I'm pretty sure that will cause a penalty.
Sarah said in an article about the Paul/Grace thing that Grace will get her comeuppance. A penalty is probably it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
I'm not so sure. Cab stealing has never technically been against the rules, and they didn't cause Sarah and James any time disadvantage by moving their bags from the cab to the road.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 11:10:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's in Paris at the Jardins des Tuileries.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »
I'm not so sure. Cab stealing has never technically been against the rules, and they didn't cause Sarah and James any time disadvantage by moving their bags from the cab to the road.
I'm not talking about time disadvantages, I'm talking about touching other team's property
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 01:37:42 AM »
TAR15 Leg 10 - Sam and Dan stole Brian and Ericka's cab at the Detour location. They were not penalised  :tup:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 03:32:11 AM »
TAR15 Leg 10 - Sam and Dan stole Brian and Ericka's cab at the Detour location. They were not penalised  :tup:

Very true. :tup: But I struggle to recall whether Brian & Ericka's bags were in the taxi or not when they stole it. ???

If their bags were not in the taxi and Sam & Dan stole the taxi without touching their possessions, then maybe Dånooky is right about a penalty for touching property, since Grace clearly has. :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 04:55:37 AM »

Very true. :tup: But I struggle to recall whether Brian & Ericka's bags were in the taxi or not when they stole it. ???

If their bags were not in the taxi and Sam & Dan stole the taxi without touching their possessions, then maybe Dånooky is right about a penalty for touching property, since Grace clearly has. :tup:
Like I said, I think the penalty is for touching the bags, not stealing the cab
The story so far:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 05:07:58 AM »

In Season 6 of the American version, Don & Mary Jean got a penalty for "accidentally" driving Adam & Rebecca's car. I'm sure the same principle applies here.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »

In Season 6 of the American version, Don & Mary Jean got a penalty for "accidentally" driving Adam & Rebecca's car. I'm sure the same principle applies here.

That penalty was because they caused Adam and Rebecca a delay. In taking their car, they forced them to wait at the end of the leg 2 Detour after they had already completed the task.

Taking the taxi is different to driving someone elses car.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »

That penalty was because they caused Adam and Rebecca a delay. In taking their car, they forced them to wait at the end of the leg 2 Detour after they had already completed the task.

What about Flight Time and Big Easy moving Ron and Christina's bag and the penalty for that?  I think physically removing someone's stuff from a vehicle, taxi or otherwise, should be a big no-no, as the teams will not find their belongings where they left them.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »

What about Flight Time and Big Easy moving Ron and Christina's bag and the penalty for that?  I think physically removing someone's stuff from a vehicle, taxi or otherwise, should be a big no-no, as the teams will not find their belongings where they left them.

That's another situation where Ron and Christina's stuff was moved far enough away from where they were left that Chris & Ron couldn't find them immediately, and wasted time looking for their fanny pack.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
i reviewed the rules and I read that the penalty only goes if someone used other teams ASSIGNED vehicles and this not include taxis. Don and Mary Jean used the assigned car of the other team so they where penalized while Sam and Dan stole Brian and Ericka's taxi so they haven't penalized. i haven't read any penalties regarding touching others property.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 03:05:13 AM »

That's another situation where Ron and Christina's stuff was moved far enough away from where they were left that Chris & Ron couldn't find them immediately, and wasted time looking for their fanny pack.

i think the rules related to this one is -Teams are forbidden to hinder the other teams performance by altering the equipment at a task.

Grace and Jo my not get a penalty since they out the bag just on the same place. They did not hide it or whatever assuming touching others property is not a rule.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »
i reviewed the rules and I read that the penalty only goes if someone used other teams ASSIGNED vehicles and this not include taxis. Don and Mary Jean used the assigned car of the other team so they where penalized while Sam and Dan stole Brian and Ericka's taxi so they haven't penalized. i haven't read any penalties regarding touching others property.
Just asking a taxi to wait and the driver being talked into taking another team is one thing (kind of like Romber? bribing the ferry captain to leave early (or was it a bus?)), physically removing the other teams stuff crosses a line to me.  Since it was a public location, what if someone came and stole the stuff after it was dumped on the curb?

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
This was hands-down the best episode of the season in my opinion.

Also, that road block is my dream road block for me to complete, I would absolutely lose my mind out of joy if I got to do that.

Also:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:33:48 PM by sapphirepit »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:27 AM »
Just asking a taxi to wait and the driver being talked into taking another team is one thing (kind of like Romber? bribing the ferry captain to leave early (or was it a bus?)), physically removing the other teams stuff crosses a line to me.  Since it was a public location, what if someone came and stole the stuff after it was dumped on the curb?

Well it wasn't just dumped there as the teams met up before the cab left. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »
Gosh. I finally caught up. Episode 7. Lucy and Emilia most probably going Alaina and Mel style in Season 1. :lol: They ran a good race!

Paul and Steve's departure time: 11.42am
Paul: Starting position feels so right.. feels where we belong.
Joab: You belong to be in 7th place this leg. Lucky number 7! :)

Twins departure time: 11.48am (VERY CLOSE. VERY CLOSE. CATCH EM PLSPLSPLS)

Lucy and Emilia... : Fly to... *SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMS* France.

Okay, that is why I really love the teachers. <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Paul and Steve and Michelle and Jo are on the first flight!

The next four teams are on the second flight! James and Sarah are in last flight... please catch up!

There's most probably HoH.

THE EIFFEL TOWER LIGHT UP. I SAW THAT TOO JUST ONE MONTH AGO. GORGEOUS!

NO HoH?? OMG. ROADBLOCK STRAIGHT AWAY!

Souffle! It's delicious!! :luvya: :luvya:

TEACHERS ARE THIRD. OMG. SHOCKER!

Steve's most likely getting it, of course. It was just too obvious.

A 30kg cheese... Will it be a gender discrimination challenge... HMMM?

Sarah caught up! :luvya: I don't know.. somehow I just like em'!

Teachers did it <33333 2ND PLACE?? WOW. LOL. I have to say this is a really hard Roadblock.. as compared to spinning 5 minutes.

Michelle done! Thank goodness she had like extra left!

Sarah actually listened to everyone's else mistake! Who knew! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shane and Andrew... omg, WHO KNEW?? :lol: They made the best one! :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
Sarah caught up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, she is like... so thankful!

Michelle and Jo in first! Emilia and Lucy are not in the back for once... LOL

Joseph and Grace stole James and Sarah taxi.... OMG, KARMA BITES GUYS!

MICHELLE AND JO IN FIRST AFTER CHEESE DELIVERY TASK!

Lucy and Emilia: Paris is delivering everything we asked for. No cute french men though... Almost everything. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omg, fly to Havana, Cuba? WTF. ANOTHER MID LEG FLIGHT??? :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

I thought Lucy and Emilia might survive this leg.. seems like it's.... not possible once again.

What?? Sticky and Sam and James and Sarah didn't get on the first flight?? WTH?? Oh no!

Going to Cuba just for the pit-stop? Paul and Steve are going to be in first thanks to the poorly planned legs. *rolleyes*

Okay. This is a TBC I bet!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: TOLD YA.

LOL. Michelle and Jo in second again!

Okay. Boring leg.

End of story.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's in Paris at the Jardins des Tuileries.

That was certainly true when ARAus2 was run, but it had a public closing on Feb. 12, 2012.
There are some very interesting ferris wheels elsewhere.
The Prater in Vienna had 70.3 feet.
The London Eye has 135m and 443 feet.
 The Singapore Flyer is a whopping 150m and 491 feet.
The under-construction Giant Dubai Wheel will be 185m and 703 feet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:44:24 PM by apskip »