Author Topic: TAR21 Route  (Read 29474 times)

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR21 Route
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
Add Venezuela to S.A. countries never visited

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
Woohoo! Apathy and Revulsion are tied right about now. :conf:

just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Phil said they're visiting new locations for TAR21. It's kinda disappointing the new location meant new cities, nonetheless I still find the TAR21 route promising and beautiful.
I thought Bulgaria, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia will finally be visited!
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
I really hate to say this, but you cannot trust Phil absolutely. He makes many "politically correct" statements and does not always tell the truth.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 04:42:29 AM »
Don't we have a gap between Moscow and Amsterdam? And aren't there a whole bunch of unvisited countries in the "between Moscow and Amsterdam" region?

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
I like this route, mostly because they finally visited Spain again! And location in there which wasn't expected. Also Loire valley in France sounds good. I'm expecting least from Moscow, Amsterdam and Shanghai legs. Also Istanbul is great as I'll be studying there during the fall semester :tup:

I'm pretty sure they stayed in Russia for 2 legs, only new country between NL and Russia they might have visited is Latvia imo.

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
Perhaps they went to Nepal for leg 5 after Bangladesh.  The countries border one another.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »
Perhaps they went to Nepal for leg 5 after Bangladesh.  The countries border one another.

Bangladesh & Nepal are seperated by India and I don't think they'd be going there due to communist insurgents around the area.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »
some of us that we'd speculated Estonia will visit that country after the Moscow leg, but I'm also thinking about Belarus, Slovak Republic or Moldavia as well. :duno:

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 11:59:04 PM »
Not at all happy with this route.

Feels like a re-run of 19 without Africa...

Feels like they're going for one meh season (fall)19+21 and one good season (spring)18+20.

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »

I think there are many countries which are possible on all continents. Here is a list constructed to the best of my ability to remember which countries teams have visited and which they have not:

Continent of Antarctica

AFRICA (36 countries not visited yet)
•   Algeria
•   Angola
•   Benin
•   Burundi
•   Cameroon
•   Cape Verde
•   Central African Republic
•   Chad
•   Comoros
•   Congo
•   Congo, Democratic Republic of
•   Djibouti
•   Equatorial Guinea
•   Eritrea
•   Gabon
•   Gambia
•   Guinea
•   Guinea-Bissau
•   Ivory Coast
•   Lesotho
•   Liberia
•   Libya
•   Mali
•   Mauritania
•   Niger
•   Nigeria
•   Rwanda
•   Sao Tome and Principe
•   Sierra Leone
•   Somalia
•   South Sudan
•   Sudan
•   Swaziland
•   Togo
•   Tunisia
•   Uganda
•   Zimbabwe

ASIA (25 countries not visited yet)
•   Afghanistan
•   Bahrain
•   Bhutan
•   Brunei
•   Burma (Myanmar)
•   East Timor
•   Iran
•   Iraq
•   Israel
•   Jordan
•   Korea, North
•   Kuwait
•   Kyrgyzstan
•   Laos
•   Lebanon
•   Maldives
•   Nepal
•   Pakistan
•   Qatar
•   Saudi Arabia
•   Syria
•   Tajikistan
•   Turkmenistan
•   Uzbekistan
•   Yemen

EUROPE (19 countries not visited yet)
•   Albania
•   Andorra
•   Armenia
•   Belarus
•   Bosnia and Herzegovina
•   Bulgaria
•   Cyprus
•   Georgia
•   Latvia
•   Luxembourg
•   Macedonia
•   Malta
•   Moldova
•   Monaco
•   Montenegro
•   San Marino
•   Serbia
•   Slovakia
•   Vatican City

N. AMERICA (17 countries not visited yet)
•   Antigua and Barbuda
•   Bahamas
•   Barbados
•   Belize
•   Cuba
•   Dominica
•   Dominican Republic
•   El Salvador
•   Grenada
•   Guatemala
•   Haiti
•   Honduras
•   Nicaragua
•   Saint Kitts and Nevis
•   Saint Lucia
•   Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
•   Trinidad and Tobago

S. AMERICA (4 countries not visited yet)
•   Colombia
•   Guyana
•   Suriname
.       Venezuela

OCEANIA (12 countries not visited yet)
•   Fiji
•   Kiribati
•   Marshall Islands
•   Micronesia
•   Nauru
•   Palau
•   Papua New Guinea
•   Samoa
•   Solomon Islands
•   Tonga
•   Tuvalu
•   Vanuatu

That gives me a total of 113 countries not visited yet. There is a lot of opportunity to have new countries in each and every Amazing Race, even with the necessary limitations due to safety risks.

I think it's very unlikely for the race to be located in North Korea because at the moment, the government is not letting anyone enter North Korea. Well, even if you're allowed to enter, but there's a minimum chance of survival because if a local North Korean is caught talking to a foreigner, the North Korean has to go to the police station and write down the conversation. I haven't been there, but I had a friend who stayed in North Korea for 2 years because she was an ambassador's wife. She told my family everything about what's happening in North Korea. I'm not lying, for your reference
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
Not that quite impress with the route. I still like TAR 20's route more. But this season has visited beautiful locations: Indonesia, Turkey, France & Spain ♥ 2 legs in Bangladesh sounds fun. I just wish they stayed away from China (South Korea, Philippines or Laos instead) and Russia (Balkans instead).
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 01:02:33 AM »
Balkans would have been great (HELLO WRP, you do know that Slovenia, Bulgaria and the Greek Islands exist?)

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
I think Tunisia has been visited in TAR1 already? They did 2 legs there~
In my opinion, I would like to see TAR visits 1 or 2 new countries each season, but it would be better if they can really show some culture of those places.  Take Bangladesh as an example, last time the visit of Dhaka really makes me disappointed, I think I did not know much about that place even after the whole leg, everywhere seems only chaos to me.

I am happy to see them visit Spain finally! I am very surprised that they never thought about exploring this country, and no leg has been done in Madrid yet! Also, Andalucia like Granada would be an interesting place to go.

Out of the un-visited countries, I think TAR could go to Nepal, Latvia, Bulgaria etc. which could be interesting and not dangerous to go
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:41:25 PM by serendipity »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »
I think Tunisia has been visited in TAR1 already? They did 2 legs there~
In my opinion, I would like to see TAR visits 1 or 2 new countries each season, but it would be better if they can really show some culture of those places.  Take Bangladesh as an example, last time the visit of Dhaka really makes me disappointed, I think I did not know much about that place even after the whole leg, everywhere seems only chaos to me.

I am happy to see them visit Spain finally! I am very surprised that they never thought about exploring this country, and no leg has been done in Madrid yet! Also, Andalucia like Granada would be an interesting place to go.

Out of the un-visited countries, I think TAR could go to Nepal, Latvia, Bulgaria etc. which could be interesting and not dangerous to go

They were in Barcelona, Spain in TAR 10, leg 12.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel Garcνa Mαrquez

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
I think this is the first season with no new countries at all. I think it is odd and a little off putting. WRP/CBS usually tout their new country lineup in the early advertisements so I don't understand the decision.
I know that after twenty seasons you mat expect them to run out of locations but I don't think this is true. There are many places they could have gone and they only need one or two new ones. Maybe there were some changes or logistical problems that we don't know about.
Whatever the reason it should be interesting to see how they sell it to the viewers. I'll bet that they don't mention it because the common viewer probably won't think much of it.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
I think this is the first season with no new countries at all. I think it is odd and a little off putting. WRP/CBS usually tout their new country lineup in the early advertisements so I don't understand the decision.
I know that after twenty seasons you mat expect them to run out of locations but I don't think this is true. There are many places they could have gone and they only need one or two new ones. Maybe there were some changes or logistical problems that we don't know about.
Whatever the reason it should be interesting to see how they sell it to the viewers. I'll bet that they don't mention it because the common viewer probably won't think much of it.

I totally agree with that, i love to see new countries in The Amazing Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »
I think Leg 8 will be Latvia.
1. Its a new country, which every season has had so far.
2. I think they put the 2-leg countries early so they wont have to do them while in europe. Yet, to make it easy for production to stay ahead of teams, neighboring countries like Russia/Latvia and Spain/France would make sense. Just speculation though :lol:.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 04:32:52 PM »
2. I think they put the 2-leg countries early so they wont have to do them while in europe. Yet, to make it easy for production to stay ahead of teams, neighboring countries like Russia/Latvia and Spain/France would make sense. Just speculation though :lol:.

No, Leg 8 will not be Latvia. It is confirmed that there are 9 countries, which are as follows:

1 - USA
2 - China
3 - Indonesia
4 - Bangledesh
5 - Turkey
6 - Russia
7 - Netherlands
8 - Spain
9 - France

Latvia will not fit.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »

No, Leg 8 will not be Latvia. It is confirmed that there are 9 countries, which are as follows:

1 - USA
2 - China
3 - Indonesia
4 - Bangledesh
5 - Turkey
6 - Russia
7 - Netherlands
8 - Spain
9 - France

Latvia will not fit.

You never know. At the season 20 finish line, Phil said 9 countries instead of 10. Sometimes they dont count the USA or charter flight/marked car/random pit stop countries with no actual tasks.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
There's an entire leg in the USA. It counts.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »
There's an entire leg in the USA. It counts.

Dude its WRP, never assume they are 100% correct.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
You never know. At the season 20 finish line, Phil said 9 countries instead of 10. Sometimes they dont count the USA or charter flight/marked car/random pit stop countries with no actual tasks.

In this case, I think they would be more inclined to count the USA and not Austria. Austria was a transit point for TAR20, whereas the USA hosted an entire leg. There wasn't even a single clue in Austria; it was just a clue in Italy saying, "Drive to Austria and then take a train to Germany".
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »
They had the Netherlands in TAR19. 'Take the train to the Netherlands and fly to Panama' and that was counted.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:55 AM »
I'm gonna post this again, as I looked through every past season and compared it to the actual countries that had clues in:

I compared my total countries visited for each season with Phil's total, and he includes USA MOST of the time, but not all. There's only a few discrepancies:

In S3, England and Scotland are counted separately, but that could be counted either way.
In S9, Phil says 9 countries, but there are clearly 10 visited, so I can only assume they didn't count the USA this season. Brazil, Russia, Germany, Italy, Greece, Oman, Australia, Thailand, Japan and the USA all have tasks in them.
In S15, Phil says 8 countries, but there are 9 visited, so again, the USA isn't counted. Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, UAE, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic and USA all have tasks in them.
In S20, Phil says 9 countries, which would imply the exclusion of Austria or USA. I'm inclined to agree with Airlinesguy and say that this time, the USA was excluded.

So 2 or 3 times, Phil has excluded the USA, possible in the most recent season. I definitely don't think we can say for sure that the missing leg isn't in a new country.. (My money's on Slovakia!)

But then again, pre-race press releases usually mention the newest countries..