Archive > Glass House

Will The Glass House make it to TV?

<< < (2/2)

bcp19:
Have you seen his deposition though?  If not, then everything so far is heresay.  While it appears likely that the producer had a copy of the manual, is it known for sure if the manual was copied verbatim for the new show?  Maybe he used it as a reference of what not to do to prevent said copyright infringement?  Without a true copy of the deposition, this is unknown and everything is speculation until it is known.

theschnauzers:
bcp, in the material I've seen is that the producer had the entire manual copy typed while he was still at CBS and working to develop something for ABC.
It really doesn't get any worse than that. I could give you analogies from almost any field where the result was an injunction against the infringer and the new employer. From what has been reported (see Dadeline.com) and well as the material from the court filing posted abpve, not even the lawyers for both sides knew for sure about this until the deposition that took place last Sunday. I've been involved on cases like this in the past (one of the worse I've personally seen was software code theft that was innovative at the time) involving some of the biggest corporations in the U.S. If you're a student then think of someone copying a term paper vertaim and using it for themselves. Except here big bucks are involved.

bcp19:

--- Quote from: theschnauzers on June 10, 2012, 08:30:18 PM ---bcp, in the material I've seen is that the producer had the entire manual copy typed while he was still at CBS and working to develop something for ABC.
It really doesn't get any worse than that. I could give you analogies from almost any field where the result was an injunction against the infringer and the new employer. From what has been reported (see Dadeline.com) and well as the material from the court filing posted abpve, not even the lawyers for both sides knew for sure about this until the deposition that took place last Sunday. I've been involved on cases like this in the past (one of the worse I've personally seen was software code theft that was innovative at the time) involving some of the biggest corporations in the U.S. If you're a student then think of someone copying a term paper vertaim and using it for themselves. Except here big bucks are involved.

--- End quote ---
In the material that you have seen.  Does this mean you have physically held and read the actual deposition or are you relying on what someone else is saying it says? 

Context is also important.  Entire manual copied.  According to deadline, "Big Brother Guest Manual".  What is a guest manual?  Have you read it?  Is it rules for the contestants while in the house, like no violence, property damage, threats, etc?  Is it a complete breakdown of how things work?  Is it a guideline for choosing guests?  Does it list how the cameras work?  How the competitions are set up?  Does this guest manual include the "Big Brother Master Control schedule" deadline says rosen says he consulted to determine how many people would be needed?

Please understand, I am not putting you down or anything like that, I just take things with a HUGE grain of salt unless I have access to all the relevant material.  Since I am never going to work for CBS on Big Brother, it is unlikely I will ever know the answers.

Boingo:
Breaking News!

This just in from TMZ.... Judge Shoots Down CBS  Says,"BigBrother Ain't That Original!"

Looks like we're on for Monday Glass House premiere,   :lol:  or NOT?!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version