Author Topic: Big Brother Canada!!  (Read 74717 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Big Brother Canada!!
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:16:31 AM »
Big Brother Canada: Big Brother Franchise Headed North

Big news! The infamous Big Brother TV franchise is headed to Canada.

Just like its U.S. sibling, Big Brother Canada will feature a group of diverse castmates living under the constant watch of TV cameras. Chairman and CEO of Insight Productions and Executive Producer of Big Brother Canada, John Brunton, said the franchise presents an opportunity to make serious waves north of the border.

“Like Captain Kirk said, 'Boldly go where no man has gone before.' We’ve never produced a show that shoots 24/7. Casting this program is going to be a blast.”

Casting details have yet to be announced, but Shaw Media announced the series will air in the 2012/2013 season on Slice.

Let's just hope Big Brother Canada has better luck than Lake Shore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/30/big-brother-canada_n_1557204.html
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
Re: Big Brother Canada!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:17:44 AM »
Canadian Big Brother coming to Slice

Canada is getting its own version of Big Brother.

The venerable reality series began in the Netherlands in 1999 and has since spread to 87 countries.

Shaw Media says Big Brother Canada will air during the 2012/13 season on Slice.

Shaw is teaming up with Big Brother creator Endemol and Canada’s Insight Productions to bring the program to air.

“Like Captain Kirk said, ‘Boldly go where no man has gone before,’” said Insight CEO John Brunton. “We’ve never produced a show that shoots 24/7. Casting this program is going to be a blast.”

As with the U.S. version, hand-picked “house guests” will live in a home outfitted with wall to wall cameras and microphones to capture their every move.

Guests will compete in weekly challenges and vote each other out until one claims victory and takes home the grand prize.

Big Brother Canada will air three nights a week, like its American counterpart, which airs on Global TV.

It drew an audience of 1.5 million to its season finale last September, according to Global. That’s less than other U.S. reality imports like Survivor and The Amazing Race.

In the States, the finale was watched by fewer than 8 million viewers.

Season 14 of Big Brother U.S. starts on Global July 12.

This is at least the fifth U.S. reality TV format to get a Canadian makeover in recent years.

Canadian Idol was a ratings hit for CTV before it went on indefinite hiatus in 2008. So You Think You Can Dance Canada also aired on CTV but was cancelled last fall.

Canada’s Got Talent just wrapped its first season on Citytv and The Bachelor Canada comes to Citytv this fall.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/1203159--canadian-big-brother-coming-to-slice

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
Endemol's 'Big Brother' Format Headed to Canada

Shaw Media inked a deal with the format giant to air a local Canadian version from indie producer Insight Productions.
Big Brother Canada will air on Slice, Shaw Media’s lifestyle channel, and follows the Canadian broadcaster airing the U.S. version of Big Brother for 13 seasons.

“After more than a decade, Big Brother is still a ratings winner in the major territories across the globe,” David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America, said as he looked ahead to the first-ever Canadian edition.

Following the American forat, Big Brother Canada will feature competing Canadian guests in the Big Brother house.
No word on casting for the Canuck version.

Shaw Media will start airing the 14th season of Big Brother on its Global Television network from July 12.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/endemol-big-brother-canada-331037

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:33 AM »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »
This will make our RFF Canadian members happy! I bet it will be a big success there.  :tup:

Now it's their turn to report back. :)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »

Press Releases 

Wednesday May 30, 2012
THE BIG BROTHER PHENOMENON IS COMING TO CANADA
Download Press Release | Return to Press Releases

First Ever Canadian Edition of Endemol’s Worldwide Hit Franchise Comes Exclusively to Slice™

TORONTO, May 30, 2012 – Shaw Media has sealed a deal with Endemol to produce the first ever Canadian instalment of the wildly popular international sensation Big Brother and has teamed up with Canadian production heavyweight Insight Productions on the production of the series. The inaugural season of Big Brother Canada will air during the 2012/13 broadcast season exclusively on Slice™.

The hugely successful Big Brother franchise aired 25 formats in 87 countries in 2011 and continues to roll out in new territories. Big Brother U.S. has consistently been a top ranked staple on Global’s schedule for 13 seasons.

“Big Brother has become a worldwide phenomenon and we’re proud to team up withEndemol and Insight Productions to launch the fan favourite format in Canada,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President of Content, Shaw Media. “The production of this format is hugely exciting as it takes us into unchartered territory, filming live around-the-clock and enabling fans to interact with the series in ways we’ve never explored before.”

“After more than a decade, Big Brother is still a ratings winner in the major territories across the globe,” said David Goldberg, Chairman, Endemol North America.  “Global has been a great partner from the beginning, when they brought the U.S. version of Big Brother to Canada 13 seasons ago. We look forward to seeing this proven format continue its home-grown success with the first-ever Canadian edition of the series,” he continued. 

“All of us at Insight are so excited about Big Brother Canada,” said John Brunton, Chairman & CEO of Insight Productions and Executive Producer of Big Brother Canada. “Like Captain Kirk said - Boldly go where no man has gone before - we’ve never produced a show that shoots 24/7.  Casting this program is going to be a blast.”

True to the U.S. format, Big Brother Canada will hand pick a diverse group of competitive contestants in the Big Brother house outfitted wall to wall with cameras and microphones to capture the house guests’ every move. Week to week the house guests compete in a series of challenges and vote each other out until one claims victory and takes home the grand prize. Fans of Big Brother can connect with the series outside of the 3-day-a-week broadcast through a myriad of digital extensions including live streaming and social engagement opportunities that allow online users to impact decisions in the house.

Details on casting and production will be revealed at a later date.

Upon recently renewing its simulcast deal for Big Brother U.S. Shaw Media will bring the highly anticipated 14th season of Big Brother to on Global July 12.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:

Twitter: @ShawMediaTV_PR
Official Hashtag: #Shawmedia

- 30 -

SliceTM is a Shaw Media network.

About Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media). Shaw serves 3.4 million customers, through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw Media operates one of the largest conventional television networks in Canada, Global Television, and 19 specialty networks including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, History Television and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX – SJR.B, NYSE – SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.

About Endemol
Endemol is the largest independent television and digital production company in the world. It comprises a global network of over 80 companies in 31 countries and is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.  Endemol works with approximately 300 broadcasters, digital platforms and licensees worldwide and covers all elements of the entertainment spectrum including development, production, marketing, distribution and franchise management.  The company annually produces approximately 20,000 hours of content across genres, including entertainment, reality TV, game shows, comedy, drama, sport, docu-dramas, animation, features and feature films.  Its credits include international hits such as Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Wipeout and The Money Drop. Its growing drama portfolio includes Hell on Wheels, Hot in Cleveland, Leverage, Home and Away, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Rush and Dutch series Penoza, which is now being remade as Red Widow for ABC in the USA.  Endemol is also one of the world’s largest independent distributors of formats and finished programming, with a growing library of over 3,000 formats and more than 24,000 hours of content. The company’s creative teams around the world are continuously developing new ideas that are shared across the Endemol network.

About Insight Productions
Insight Production Company Ltd, headed by John Brunton & Barbara Bowlby has become an industry leader in the creative development, financing and production of highly rated television programs and cutting edge multiplatform content for the global market in every genre. Since 1979, it has been recognized for its reputation for quality as the recipient of numerous international awards, including multiple Gemini’s. The company has created thousands of hours of groundbreaking television that continues to be broadcast over major networks worldwide. Broadcast Magazine International claims that "when it comes to adapting formats for Canadian audiences there is one producer who appears to have the Midas touch." Recent hits include Top Chef Canada challenging the culinary skills of Canadian chefs to see who can cut it as Canada’s Top Chef, hosted by Lisa Ray; Canada’s Got Talent; The JUNO Awards, which plays a key role in the Canadian music industry; Insight’s original formats Canada Sings & Battle of the Blades; and Intervention Canada which is currently in production on its second season.  For more information visit www.insighttv.com.

For media inquiries, please contact:

Jaclyn Atwood-Powell
Publicity Manager, Lifestyle Channels
Shaw Media
jaclyn.atwood@shawmedia.ca

Julia Wilkinson
Publicist, Slice and Twist TV
Shaw Media
julia.wilkinson@shawmedia.ca

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1720

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »
 :ghug:

Hi all

No, I won't be auditioning, especially after having the feeds for the first time last year and not wanting the world to ever see my 'bits'  :res:

Hope to have the feeds again this year, if we don't go on strike.  This could be a stressful summer.

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
A big update for our Canadian Followers...

Well it appears BB Canada will follow the US Concept more so than the traditional international format.

Of course as the bottom note mentions, this is all subject to change.

Also, interesting of note they used pics from the US Version of the Game

From the source...

Big Brother Format Based on Internationally Successful Property

The Rules:
Houseguests are sequestered in the Big Brother House with no contact with outside world. Each week, the houseguests take part in several challenges that determine who wins food, luxuries, and power in the house. The winner of the weekly Head of Household competition is immune from nominations and must nominate two fellow houseguests for eviction.

Power of Veto and Eviction:
The winner of the Power of Veto competition wins the right to save one of the nominated houseguests from eviction. If the Veto winner exercises the power, the Head of Household must then nominate another houseguest for eviction. On eviction night, all houseguests except for the Head of Household and the two nominees vote to evict one of the two nominees. This compulsory vote is conducted in the privacy of the Diary Room. The nominee with the greater number of votes is evicted from the house.

Winning Big Brother:
The final seven houseguests evicted during the season vote for the winner on the season finale. These "Jury Members“ are sequestered in a separate house and will not be allowed to watch the show except for competitions and ceremonies that include all of the remaining houseguests.

Note: All ideas, dates, client opportunities and concepts put forth are subject to change and subject to approvals from Insight Productions, Endemol, Shaw Media and legal. Production fees may apply. Digital opportunities require additional spend. Ideas are strictly meant as conversation starters.

Also from the Source BB Canada's Possible Timetable:

July 2012
Casting – July 2012 through January 2013
•Casting call to coincide with premiere of Big Brother on Global
•Teasers air beginning July 12
•Online casting submissions August 10
•Cross-country tour September 24

Sept 2012
Big Brother House Construction – September through November 2012
•Construction begins in September at an indoor location near Toronto
•House includes an indoor/outdoor set

Feb 2013Broadcast – Feb 18 x 10 weeks with 3 one-hour episodes per week
•Airing on Slice
•2 episodes taped, 1 episode live

End Date: Sometime In May 2013

http://shawmedia.ca/advertising/broadcast/television/research/inside_track/2012/0628/Big_Brother_Canada_Opp.pdf
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
Where's Michael?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hollistersurferboy22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
oops

So excited for a Canadian Version!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:58:16 PM by hollistersurferboy22 »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »
Are canadians from Québec also eligible?

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »
Big Brother Canada Open Casting Calls...

Open casting calls will also be held cross country:

Vancouver
September 23 (8am - 2pm)
Vancouver Convention Centre

Calgary
September 30 (8am - 2pm)
Sheraton Eau Claire

Halifax
October 7 (8am - 2pm)
World Trade & Convention Centre

Montreal
October 7 (8am - 2pm)
Palais des congrès de Montréal

Toronto
October 14 (8am - 2pm)
Fairmount Royal York

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
BB Canada has an offical website...not much to look at right now...just casting info

www.BigBrotherCanada.ca

The offical twitter...

@BigBrotherCA

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Casting Call Teasers...

Featuring BB 14 HGs....Includes the infamous...Frank to Ashley "We could make out on the couch"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8u91uNKtXmo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8u91uNKtXmo</a>

Featuring BB 13 HGs...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjeAcO7qL2c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jjeAcO7qL2c</a>

Featuring Porsche & Lawon from BB13, along with a couple other BB13 alums
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX4d-UimSBU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yX4d-UimSBU</a>

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 07:37:16 AM »
If Superpass carries  Big Brother Canada:

1. Do we here at RFF want to update it  in the same manor we cover BBUSA

2. IF the answer is  in a majority  with YES, WHO will help cover the updating,

Nothing is confirmed with Superpass but i know they are interested.

IF they do not carry the live feeds like we have here for the US version, we will be able to cover the live stream via Global when they air it.

3. I will only commit to this if i know I have enough people to help out.

I do have several friends that are auditioning for the show and have sent in tapes.

I'd like to go to my meeting next week with Superpass with some sort of numbers so please post  if you  are interested or not

please know this is not a commitment  I  just  want to know if  it's worth the  time invested  on my end and for RFF

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
If I didn't have to pay for feeds, then I'd update when I could.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
Superpass feeds are never free.. and i am sure they wouldn't change that now just for Canada..

If I didn't have to pay for feeds, then I'd update when I could.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »
When would it air? I'm busy with school but if Canada plays US style(hoh-noms-pov-evic) I'd watch it/update.

ETA: Do you have to be Canadian to watch feeds?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
Kandace... from what i know right now, Robyn Kass who is the casting directer of BB-USA is doing the casting calls.

If you were able to see the US feeds during the season then you will still be able to see the feeds for the Canadian version. IF SUPERPASS CARRIES them

from what i have briefly read (1%) it's going to be more like the USA version than any other version out there.

Kepp looking here for updated  information

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
Big Brother Canada to Start February 18, 2013 on Slice

With auditions and casting for Big Brother Canada starting in July, we can confirm the series will premiere February 18, 2013 on Slice!  We’ve obtained a lot of new details and a tentative timeline for Big Brother Canada.Shaw Media and Slice TV have announced new information about Big Brother Canada including the start date!  Here are the highlights:

July 12 – begin promoting casting details
    July 2012 to January 2013 – casting and auditions (check back often!)
    August 10th  – online casting submissions begin
    September 24 – cross-country audition tour
    September to November – construction on the new Big Brother Canada house
    February 18, 2013 – Big Brother Canada premieres on Slice

The Big Brother Canada house will be located near Toronto and will include both indoor and outdoor accommodations.  The series will be similar to the American version where houseguests compete in food, luxury, and power competitions.

The series will premiere on February 18, 2013 on Slice and will include three one-hour episodes per week.  Much like the American version, two taped episodes and one live episode will occur each week.

NOTE: Slice and Shaw Media could change the dates and information above, but we’ll keep you updated here at BigBrotherCanada.com.

Stay tuned to BigBrotherCanada.com and @BigBroCA on Twitter for the latest breaking casting and series information.

http://tvgrapevine.com/forum/topic/3782-big-brother-canada-to-start-february-18-2013-on-slice/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
Superpass feeds are never free.. and i am sure they wouldn't change that now just for Canada..

Darn.

I'm sure there's another way I could contribute, though. :)

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »

http://immrfabulous.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/big-brother-house-outside-view-from-plane.jpg

LOL!  is it just me or does that inside pic, have a bit of an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it.

As to the feeds, if its BB i'm in. LOL! 

I wouldnt count on the show airing in the US though.  Unless maybe on WE TV or Oxygen as they seem to carry alot of those "Slice" shows here in the US, but usually after the fact.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
is it just me or does that inside pic, have a bit of an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it.

It's the Big Brother 8 house.

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:24 PM »
is it just me or does that inside pic, have a bit of an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it.

It's the Big Brother 8 house.

LOL!  i was wondering that myself.