Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 - TV Ratings  (Read 17165 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
TAR Australia 2 - TV Ratings
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Episode 1 pulled in an average of 886,000 viewers. Okay its not over the million mark, like last season, but its on a later timeslot and finished at 10:30pm. It only lost about 150k viewers after Australia's Got Talent finished so I guess its not a bad result.

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/wednesday-30-may-2012.html
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 2 - TV Ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:57:04 AM »
Well at least 7 won the night (thanks to AGT and TARAU)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
Well I think the timeslot prevented it from taking a million viewers. They really need to push it up to 8:30pm at the latest if they want to pull in more viewers! ;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
When we get to hour episodes the ratings will pick up(as it will be a shorter timeslot which means less people will stop watching towards the end on acount of it going too late for them which means higher rattings).

Edit: I found out that next episode will be an hour. Its wierd because the first 3 or eps were hour and halfs last season.

Next season they shold realiy put it in a good timeslot with a good lead in on before it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:38:43 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
Episode 2 ratings remained steady at 883,000.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
You do have to consider that TARAU dose not have a good lead in. H/A came 4th in the 7pm time slot and AGT barliy got to the 1,000,000 and TARAU loss in its timeslot by only 40,000 viewers (insanily watching a very bad drama called Offspring on ch10) and 7 won the night.

Bad lead in + lossing its timeslot by a 40,000 margin = 7 should try a better timeslot becasue the show has alot of potental.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:19:59 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:40:24 AM »
I think Seven just needs to bump it up to 8:30pm, or maybe even 7:30pm - that would definitely attract heaps more viewers for sure. :tup:

I think Seven's whole scheduling is a bit of a joke really. :crazy: They've got those border security types of shows on in the 7:30pm timeslots at least twice a week, and anything worth watching is bumped back... :(

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
Just looking at the tv guide for thursday and by the looks of it AGT and TARAUboth dont have that much rival shows in their timeslots . If 7 were smart they would keep this move periment.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »
What is being shown now in the place of when the first season aired?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
Changing the times/days next week sure won't help. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
I think its revenge , but it would be suicide to put it on mondays because of the voice on ch9

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 06:35:09 AM »
Changing the times/days next week sure won't help. :groan:

Well it's only changing in New South Wales, Queensland and ACT I think, and that's because of the big State of Origin game on Wednesday on Channel Nine, which takes a lot of viewers, so it's smart to change it there to avoid that game, although it's totally gonna confuse people and kill ratings, lol. :lol:

I think its revenge , but it would be suicide to put it on mondays because of the voice on ch9

Yeah, Revenge is on there, and I'm pretty sure it's rating really well. If/When The Voice ends, putting TARAus before/after Revenge would be a smart move for ratings! :tup:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
The viewership of EP3 was 715,000 according to Wikipedia. :res:

ETA:

Episode 3, aired on 13 June in most areas and 14 June in New South Wales, Queensland and Australian Capital Terrtory and because of that, it is unknown how many people watched the show in each area as this episode was not in the top 20.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »

ETA:

Episode 3, aired on 13 June in most areas and 14 June in New South Wales, Queensland and Australian Capital Terrtory and because of that, it is unknown how many people watched the show in each area as this episode was not in the top 20.
It;s so low. just because of 7  :tantrum and BTW in my country Georgia if amazing race starts (eh my dream :(( ) it will definetely have much more rating than there in Australia. Show's are working here so well. BTW last year Georgia's got a talent was unbelievably popular. E.g from 100 TV-s 96 was watching this  :o  and smt like from 4 million people 2 million was watching this. and BTW it was airing at 22:00. and every kid was watchin' it. so i don't get why aussies don't like TAR australia as much as americans  :duno:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »

ETA:

It;s so low. just because of 7  :tantrum and BTW in my country Georgia if amazing race starts (eh my dream :(( ) it will definetely have much more rating than there in Australia. Show's are working here so well. BTW last year Georgia's got a talent was unbelievably popular. E.g from 100 TV-s 96 was watching this  :o  and smt like from 4 million people 2 million was watching this. and BTW it was airing at 22:00. and every kid was watchin' it. so i don't get why aussies don't like TAR australia as much as americans  :duno:
The top 20 is day by day. 715,000 would be in the top 20 if it aired in all states on the same day.
Yeah, Revenge is on there, and I'm pretty sure it's rating really well. If/When The Voice ends, putting TARAus before/after Revenge would be a smart move for ratings! :tup:
This will happen.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/06/airdate-mrs-browns-boys-bumped-the-amazing-race-australia.html

The Amazing Race Australia to a new timeslot of 7:30pm Monday from next week, no doubt relieved that The Voice has ended its dream run.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:04:41 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »
This will happen.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/06/airdate-mrs-browns-boys-bumped-the-amazing-race-australia.html

Cool, I guessed something right! :o I wasn't speaking nonsense after all! :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
Will EP4 get a viewership over 1 million? :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »
I'm not sure how well Episode 4 did, but I hope that the time shift for next week will get our ratings up! :hoot: :hoot:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
Episode 4 only got 665,000. Australia's Got Talent absolutely TANKED in the ratings, and the only other major network with a show starting at 9pm last night was the ABC. And its 8:30 show Randling has consistently underperformed, so I doubt many viewers were picked up from it.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 11:37:41 PM »
Yeh this season hasnt been help with all the changes in dates and the bad lead in from Australia's Got "No" Talent. I think it should do better on Monday, earlier timeslot. There are a lot of younger viewer too so lets hope it goes well.

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:52 AM »
I'd put the blame on 7's awful marketing push for the season as well. The first season was marketed well and advertised thoroughly. It drew in viewers because it focused on the "amazing" part of the race. This season they focused on "hey look at the stupid people we got" which, after more than 10 years of reality TV doesn't interest people anymore, and they didn't advertise it as much.

The whole "let's only advertise an air date a week before the premiere" thing that Australian TV is apparently doing now didn't help either.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
I think it's a domeno effect starting with Home and Away.H/A came 4th in the time slot.
Yeh this season hasnt been help with all the changes in dates and the bad lead in from Australia's Got "No" Talent.
Your right
Last year TARAU gets a bad lead in too, but not as bad as this year.

This might sound crazy but next year they should edit each leg in to 2 episodes (like TARI) and put in at 7 pm because most realrty shows in Australia strip their show across the week and they get good rattings (MKR,The Block, MC,TBL and even all the way back to BB)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »
MKR isn't a stripped reality show.

Part of the problem is that so much has been edited out that it's hard to follow. I appreciate that they've chosen an episode length and are sticking to it, but... they clearly picked the wrong length. Even the editors had trouble last night - the teams  evwho were "behind" Kym & Donna when they quit kept being captioned as though Kym & Donna were still in front of them. And unless I'm very much mistaken, I think they might have even accidentally omitted the cops arriving at the Pit Stop.

I'd put the blame on 7's awful marketing push for the season as well. The first season was marketed well and advertised thoroughly. It drew in viewers because it focused on the "amazing" part of the race. This season they focused on "hey look at the stupid people we got" which, after more than 10 years of reality TV doesn't interest people anymore, and they didn't advertise it as much.

Not even so much that they showed the teams - they did that last season too, with Sam & Renae, the farmers, the muslims, FBA, and the Big W ladies. The problem this season is they picked the wrong teams to advertise. Out of the five teams they advertised the only one I would have picked in their position was Sue & Teresa. The sisters should have gotten an ad. Joseph and Grace should have gotten an ad. As much as they would have made it all about the INSPURASHON!!!11!1!111!!!!1!one!!1!, Sticky and Sam should have gotten an ad. And after the main criticism last year was "the cast is too white", the cousins definitely should have gotten an ad, poor finish be damned.

And yes. We need more notice for an airdate. Especially since it's not a regular timeslot.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 03:45:34 AM »
Part of the problem is that so much has been edited out that it's hard to follow. I appreciate that they've chosen an episode length and are sticking to it, but... they clearly picked the wrong length. Even the editors had trouble last night - the teams  evwho were "behind" Kym & Donna when they quit kept being captioned as though Kym & Donna were still in front of them. And unless I'm very much mistaken, I think they might have even accidentally omitted the cops arriving at the Pit Stop

I totally agree. I'm really annoyed that they are editing so much out of it, I don't care if the task is a failure and takes all of two seconds I'd still want to see it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 04:02:16 AM »
Yeah, I completely agree that it has been way too rushed and confusing and the subtitles yesterday were just way off throughout most of the episode.

But it did show the cops checking into the Pit Stop. :tup: (Although in Ep 3, two teams checked into the episode without a subtitle for their results... :res:)