The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Reds Kevin's Amazing Australian Recaps

(1/2) > >>

redskevin88:
Hey guys, I will be posting my recaps on this thread.

redskevin88:
deleted.

redskevin88:
I owe an apology to tarflyonthewall. I have 1,127 words written down, and I'm slightly less than halfway done.

tarflyonthewall:
Yeah, it's hard to be short with a show like this.

redskevin88:
Leg 1 Recap

As morning dawn rises Grant Bowler, the host is standing on top of a lighthouse. From Sydney, eleven teams will embark on a journey over 65,000 kilometers, the first team to cross the finish line will win A$250,000. The other teams will just go home, if they are lucky, with whatever toys, trips (Zuji Australia, a sister company of Travelocity is one of the main sponsors this season) or money they win. Seven teams will be eliminated, if they finish last in an elimination leg.

We meet our lucky eleven teams this season. The cops are introduced first, followed by Michelle and Jo, Sticky and Sam and James and Sarah (to some cowboy music!). Adam and Dane gets introduced fifth, followed by Sue and Teresa, whose bags are full of dressing stuff. Ross and Tarryn gets introduced seventh and Lucy and Emilia eighth (they are schoolteachers, which means that if they violate a rule, they get a choice of a 30-min penalty or a hundred lines).

Kym and Donna say they “Don’t need friends, just need more money” and I’m thinking of changing my predictions (my prediction being James and Sarah being the first team out with the U-turn). Joseph and Grace are introduced, and Paul and Steve are last. Any teams standing on their way they will step them out, I smell u-turn.

Grant says the immortal words… Who has the right combination of  stamina, strategy and teamwork to win a quarter-of-a-million Aussie dollars and the Amazing Race Australia?

Intro: All the teams are smiling now, but will it last? [A HAPPY BOM!]

Teams line up and are getting ready. Grant tells them the news and we hear there are 12 legs of the race. The race will be longer, and teams will have to earn it. The rewards for the first team will be larger, they will find out at the first pit stop. Grant tells them to read the clue (and when the clue says walk it means walk, not take a taxi and then walk to the pit stop).

Grant tells them the first clue is on top of their backpacks.  Grant gives the magic words, “The World Awaits” tells them to race hard, race safe (one team once turtled their SUV in South Africa) and they are off.

Teams have A$150 for this leg of the race, and are making their way to boat a boat across a wharf in Sydney Harbour. They have to find a maze of cars, and then navigate out of the carpark. They can only drive in forward or reverse, kind of like a game of Rush Hour.  Teams may have to work together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version