Author Topic: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 9 announcement.  (Read 55581 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 7 coming on page 8
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
Airport to somewhere else, then Detour, then drive to nightclub?
that makes sense because in one part Lucy & Emilia hired a taxi but at the end it was nowhere to be seen.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think the cars were not picked up at the airport. I've never seen airport parking that small in my life

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »
The cars were definitely at the airport. One of the twins even points at the map and says we are way down here AT THE AIRPORT. They are just outside the lower leverl.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think the cars were not picked up at the airport. I've never seen airport parking that small in my life
Have you been to very small airports in not-so-rich countries, though?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »

I've been to Port Headland technically-international-airport-because-goods-get-shipped-to-china-from-there Airport, which has a bigger parking lot. I've been to Tooradin Airfield and Hastings Airfield, both of which proudly serve skydivers and flights to the minor islands between Victoria and Tasmania only, and both of those had bigger parking areas.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »

I've been to Port Headland technically-international-airport-because-goods-get-shipped-to-china-from-there Airport, which has a bigger parking lot. I've been to Tooradin Airfield and Hastings Airfield, both of which proudly serve skydivers and flights to the minor islands between Victoria and Tasmania only, and both of those had bigger parking areas.

I always thought I lived in a pretty rich country? ???

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29:34 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
The rwal lot eems to be behind. See how long the slots are? I wonder if that is not the normal bus parking lot...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
Most airports I've been to have multiple parking areas, such as long-term, short-term, live drop-off, limo pick-ups, etc.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 8 coming on page 9
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
The Amazing Race Australia- Episode 8

Full Title- "If Bolo Can Drive A Crappy Car, So Can You"

Watch For:
-Coutzy to go nuts and be in hysterics about everything because his favourite wrestler had a win today.
-Sarah to have a go at James for checking out the club showgirls. Whether James did or not remains to be seen.
-Lucy and Emilia to reach the fake Pit Stop last, in true Lucy and Emilia fashion.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2012, 04:32:15 AM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:lol: :lol:

Race starts in one minute!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2012, 04:34:12 AM »
Here we go!

Previously on The Amazing Race Australia

Brother and Sister Joseph and Grace stole James and Sarahs taxi to get ahead.

When teams raced to Havana, Cuba in search of the Tropicana Nightclub, classic cars put the brakes on some.

Paul and Steve beat the twins to the Pit Stop, but both teams found there was more to come.

7 Teams remain, who will be eliminated tonight?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »
Paul and Steve run out, and they are charged up and happy to continue racing.

Michelle and Jo were driving for 6 hours and now have to continue.

Teams must now drive to Marina Hemingway and sign up for 1 of 4 charter boats, departing 30 minutes apart.

Shane and Andrew are still trying to push their car, meanwhile a local gets under their bonnet and fixes their car.

Joseph and Grace have rolled their car to a Cuban house party, and a woman has figured out that they've blown a fuse and takes a wire off the street to replace it in a fine display of Bush Mechanics.

Shane and Andrew have reached the club and are driving to the Pit Stop.

Lucy and Emilia have stalled over the train line. Lucy had thoughts of abandoning the car, but they were never going to give up. They find the nightclub shortly after, but get overtaken by James and Sarah in the parking lot.

The two believe they must be at the bottom of the pack, so their scrambling to get there.

The cops are told they are number 3 and can't believe it, but are even more horrified that they have to keep racing.

Paul and Steve are on the first boat, joined by Michelle and Jo. It's 2 teams per boat.

Joseph and Grace reach the club and get their clue, leaving as Sticky and Sam arrive.

James and Sarah hit the mat 4th and depart again quickly. Lucy and Emilia are 5th and have that famous "No Way" look they perfected in Dubai.

James and Sarah complain about being tired because they got no rest at their "Pit Continue"

Sticky and Sam are lost again, and JoGrace reach Grant in 6th place, and they have been given a 2 hour penalty for pulling another teams belongings out of the taxi, which is a clear violation of a race rule. They need to wait it out at this Pit Stop.

They've been waiting there at least an hour before Sticky and Sam arrive and hit the mat. Grant hands them their next clue right in front of JoGrace, killing any suspense that they might have had about elimination.

And the penalty is completely meaningless, because they'll be on the same boat as Sticky and Sam.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2012, 04:48:06 AM »
Michelle and Jo and Paul and Steve get their clue, it's a Roadblock.

The chosen team member must use a compass and nautical chart to find a fisherman on the water. HOWEVER: If a team can land a fish before they find him, they can go straight to shore and get their next clue. Failure to do either will land a 4 hour penalty, as specified by the clue.

Jo gives us all a rundown of the classic Never Eat Soggy WeetBix

Steve feels he's in the right area, and starts asking boats if they are the Old Man of the Sea. Boat owners everywhere are less than impressed.

Jo is crying after not very long, and it seems her estimation of the right co-ordinates is land. At least she's aware that she's supposed to be in the water. She talks about the pressure because Michelle has performed so well, so she feels like she needs to step up too.

Jo looks more seasick than frazzled to me, but either way we'll go to an ad break. Also the shared boats were a complete lie.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:35 AM »
We get an ad for the Geelong vs. Essendon game on Friday. Go Bombers!

Steve is looking for more boats to ask.

Jo is looking very seasick and almost hurls on screen.

James and Sarah and Shane and Andrew have their clues.

James has no idea how to use a compass, Shane and Andrew are on the water just in front of them.

Steve has found the target and get their next clue: DETOUR

Che Puzzle or Daiqiri Guzzle

In Puzzle teams must put together a 90 piece puzzle of Che Guevarra

In Guzzle, teams must make 6 Daiquiris and then deliver them with one hand to a hotel down the street.

Jo has spotted Steve and Paul leaving and hit the same boat.

Michelle and Jo struggle to read the clue, and Jo almost hurls on deck, giving us possibly the most funny moment of the season.

Michelle says "Over the side, dickhead" then waits for Jo to retch a few times before smiling sweetly and saying "Back to the Marina please, sir!"

The Cops decide stuff the compass, he wants to go fishing.

The girls and Paul and Steve are back at the Marina and the cars are decidedly more modern now, but the girls are still having difficulty with the stick shifts.

Shane and Andrew have caught a fish and will be off to the Marina. They've chosen the puzzle, leading to the confession "How hard could a puzzle be?" I smell trouble.

Sam is doing the Roadblock, along with Joseph. Neither are great with compasses.

Emilia is going directions in between vomiting.

The Cops have found Michelle and Jo on the road and both are searching for the puzzle task.

Paul and Steve are at the Daiquiris. Paul is a non drinker, but Steve looks reasonably comfortable.

The girls and the cops are at the puzzle, and it seems Michelle and Jo have no idea who Che Guevarra is, apparently.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
James finds the man in the boat and gets the clue with about 5 minutes to spare before getting an enforced penalty.

Emilia also finds the boat and they go for puzzle.

Paul and Steve have their drinks made and are travelling. Right on cue, a parade is happeneing on the street they're on and comes over to distract them.

Sam has instead decided to use one of the compass directions and followed it to straight to the boat.

JoGrace spots the boys and decides to check their boat.

Sticky and Sam go for Daiquiris, since one of them owned a nightclub for 5 years.

Grace gives us a wonderful hooked on phonics moment. Jo tries to tell Grace that the drinks will be a lot tougher than they sound, but Grace refuses to listen so they'll do them anyway.

Paul and Steve have delivered their drinks successfully and gotten their clue to drive themselves to the village of Australia. Once there, they'll go to a Crocodile farm. When they've fed and caught a croc, they'll get their next clue.

Paul and Steve have enlisted local help and finished the task, with Michelle and jo right behind them.

The cops and girls duo are following a taxi driver to the highway.

Sticky breezes through the drinks and they're carrying them, but they don't know where they're supposed to go.

The drinks are starting to melt in the sun and slosh around.

James and Sarah are making progress with the puzzle, but they've stopped for a discussion on whether locals should help and what constitutes "random pieces"

Sarah: "I know I'm not always right, but if you don't prove me wrong them I am right"

This comes moments after telling him to stop challenging her and just go with the flow.

JoGrace are at the bar, and Grace takes the opportunity to dance. Airhead.

Sticky and Sam are at the hotel and have been approved, they have their clue.

Sarah and James have finished the puzzle, and Lucy and Emilia are not far behind. They note that the fact that the struggle is never between the two of them is the reason they're still here.

Grace drops her tray and drinks go everywhere.

Ad break.

Sarah and James gave us more funny moments after they finished the puzzle.

James: "What's the saying? A good leader must first learn to follow?"

Sarah doesn't miss a beat, hitting back with "Happy wife, happy life, there's another saying.... Not that we're married."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »
We're back.

Joseph and Grace are heading off to do the puzzle. Joseph says that its the last time Grace makes a decision. Grace takes consolation in that she can at least make daiquiris. If she's not here to become an honourary Khardashian sister, I'll go eat.

Paul and Steve are at the crocodile farm and start the feeding.

The Cops and Cheerleaders are in Australia and have started started their feeding. The cheerleaders are less than enthusiastic.

The Alpha Males are working their catching. Paul is very keen to strut his stuff.

"Cheerleaders don't do this kind of stuff!" Remarks Michelle (Or Jo) as they feed.

Paul has his croc and they must travel by foot then marked boat to the next Pit Stop. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

The boys aren't sure of the way to the boats, and the Cops 'n' Cheerleaders are starting their capturing. The Cops are done with it quickly and off they go in 2nd place.

Paul and Steve have found their speedboat, so do the cops.

Paul and Steve hit the mat first and win a Luxury holiday to Queenstown, New Zealand valued at $10,000

Paul and Steve have now won 3 consecutive legs, and reached the midpoint first to go with it.

Shane and Andrew check in for 2nd. JoGrace have finished their puzzle.

Sticky and Sam are lost and really struggling. We go to an ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:16 AM »
Sticky and Sam have been driving for an hour, and have found themselves back at the Detour again.

The Cheerleaders are working at the croc capturing and having trouble. Sarah hates the croc food.

The girls have caught their croc, but they can't decide who actually caught it because one of them looped the lasso, the other pulled it tight.

Lucy and Emilia have found Australia without getting lost, so they've moved up a little.

James is psyched to be capturing a crocodile and does it pretty easily, so they're off.

The sisters are digging through the feed with their hands in order to scoop it into the pen faster. They say they're good at things that don't need skill.

Michelle and Jo and James and Sarah check in for 3rd and 4th.

JoGrace are at the enclosure and start scooping food.

Emilia is sweet talking her croc, and it's working as well as it did for the pigs. Lucy claims she's the croc whisperer.

The girls check in for 5th.

Sticky and Sam arrive at the croc farm and have sighted Grace and Joseph, they're hustling now.

Joseph has been ubale to catch the croc on his first attempt, but recovers quickly.

Sticky and Sam are refusing to quit, but they feel that they're done for.

We go to an ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2012, 05:42:50 AM »
We're back

Zuji got 3 plugs in this ad break.

JoGrace roll into the mat for 6th place, they'llsurvive to fight another day.

Sarah and James spot them at the Pit Stop, so it looks like we'll get some ESM.

Grace puts on an apology for them, and Sarah calls her out on it, claiming that she's not sorry at all. Grace responds with a sickly sweet smile and "You feel however you wanna feel. Only I know whether I mean it." Sarah wants to bitch slap her, apparently.

Sticky and Sam hit the mat in last place, and get eliminated.

Grant asks if they have any doubts, Sticky says he's done everything one handed all his life, so this wasn't any different. Sam reassures us they'll be mates for life.

Next time, teams head to Vancouver, Canada and do some log rolling.

The stakes get raised, and one team will crumble in the race for a quarter of a million dollars.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:29 AM »
:crybabe:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2012, 05:45:43 AM »
Sticky & Sam :'(

Gee, I hope Lucy & Emilia don't get eliminated next leg (it shows Lucy crying and saying I'm sorry).

And Coutzy, Hawks FTW. :jam:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
AWARDS

The Clive Peters Play of the Day!
For this leg, I'm going to give it to Sarah in the souffle task way back in Paris. She was easily the best at getting it done quickly, and she did it by listening, something anyone could have done.

Muppet of the Week
Grace, for thinking her bizarre way of carrying drinks was going to work, and her airheaded nature in general that swept through the whole of Cuba.

Heel Moment of the Week
Cab stealers. Easy pick this time.

Congratulations, You Just Made Youtube
There were a lot of genuinely funny moments this week, but I think this one has got to go to Michelle and Jo for the brilliant juxtaposition of retching sounds and the hyper sweet and innocent "Back to the marina please, sir!"

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »
For the record, I believe this was the seasons best episode so far. Loads of really funny moments, and plenty of shuffles in the team order to keep things interesting.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
Oh my Gosh Lucy. why was she crying?  :'( :'(