Author Topic: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 9 announcement.  (Read 55594 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 6 coming on page 7
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »
So this was the most surprising leg yet?

NO WAY.

And also, next leg is probably a superleg. You can see an image of Fidel Castro, so they are in Cuba and I don't think they would advertise it in the same trailer if it wasn't.

I'm reasonably sure the image was Che Guevarro, which can be found just about anywhere that hipsters who don't understand rebellion and revolution frequent.

I also don't think a Superleg would fit at this point in the race. We still have 4 more teams to eliminate.

And no, definitely not the most surprising leg yet.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:50 AM »

NO WAY.

And also, next leg is probably a superleg. You can see an image of Fidel Castro, so they are in Cuba and I don't think they would advertise it in the same trailer if it wasn't.

It also looks like we are going to see the real Grace revealed next week. >:)

Yep. In commemoration, I am removing my Joseph & Grace avatar.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2012, 06:11:35 AM »

NO WAY.

I'm reasonably sure the image was Che Guevarro, which can be found just about anywhere that hipsters who don't understand rebellion and revolution frequent.

I also don't think a Superleg would fit at this point in the race. We still have 4 more teams to eliminate.

And no, definitely not the most surprising leg yet.

With Fidel Castro/ Che Guevarro, I knew that it was a major person within the Cuban government, so I guessed.

If it isn't a superleg, maybe a no-rest leg with a 2hr episode?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:44 AM »

NO WAY.

RESPECT

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »

NO WAY.

RESPECT

<<<<<<      Done.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
I also think we might see a double episode next week. The part where they're driving themselves looks a lot more like Havana than Paris. I'm betting it's either a superleg, or a NEL and a normal leg.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 7 coming on page 8
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
The Amazing Race Australia, Episode 7

Full Title: "It's convenient to screw James and Sarah this week, so I'll say they're our rivals to justify it." -Grace

Watch For:
-Grand Theft Taxicab
-Someone to completely misunderstand the Che Guevara image
-The Sisters to make a cameo in the top half? Maybe? Who knows?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2012, 04:32:11 AM »
Previously on...

Jo falls, girls get yielded, turkish bath scenes. Paul and Steve won the leg.

Opening titles.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:05 AM »
The historic heart of Instanbul, Turkey holds reminiscents of 3 different empires.

Paul and Steve were the first to arrive, and will depart at 11:42 AM

Teams must now fly to the City of Light, Paris. Teams must travel to the cooking school Le Cordon Blue to find their next clue.

Paul feels that starting in position one is right. He doesn't wanna slip.

Michelle and Jo depart 11:48 AM, they're sick of coming only second, but they have definitely proved they're more than pretty faces. They've been given $400, and want to hopefully do some shopping.

JoGrace and Sticky/Sam depart more or less together. Grace feels this leg is Game on.

Lucy and Emilia open their clue and are ecstatic. I think their screams may have been what caused the Earthquake over here a few weeks ago.

Shane and Andrew are pretty happy to go to Paris, but they worry that their wives will be jealous of them.

Alpha Males and Cheerleaders are at the Airport.

The Twins have ran to a flight that closes in 8 minutes, and got themselves on the flight with Paul and Steve. They'll be the only two.

JoGrace learn the next flight won't be out til 3:15. The first two teams will arrive at 4:30. The next flight with all teams down to Shane and Andrew will arrive at 5:50 PM

James and Sarah are hoping to get straight on a plane, and hoping all the other teams will still be there.

James says usually in last you see a team here or there, bu they've yet to see anyone. They'll land in Paris at 9:25 PM.

The first two teams grab cabs, and the twins are first out of the airport. They love the sight of The Eiffel Tower. Paul and Steve give us a great impression of the classic French Laugh.

The boys get to the Roadblock just ahead of the twins.

The team member performing the Roadblock must bake a batch of Souffles. Once they've made a successful one, they'll receive their next clue.

Teams have to sign up for classes which happen in groups of 4, starting at 9 AM the next day.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2012, 04:45:19 AM »
The next plane lands, and Shane and Andrew have a less than confident taxi driver.

Lucy and Emilia are straight into their French and enjoying the sights. It's a dream come true for them, but I'm guesing not as much as the fact that their cab has reached the school first. It also helps them break into the top half for the first time (Their team code is 7 for all the eagle eyed viewers out there. Michelle and Jo have the code of 2)

Shane can't cook at all, so Andrew will take the Roadblock, lamenting their taxi again.

The first group is starting the task. Michelle (Or Jo?) doesn't like the look of the instructions.

Lucy isn't exactly confident but is having fun.

Grace angers feminists everywhere by posing the question "If you have a wife who can't cook, what is she good for?" She thinks this is her good wife test.

Michelle and Grace are having difficulty. Grace forgot the sugar, and Michelle's is a different consistency to everyone elses. Grace has burnt her mixture.

Sarah and James have finally landed in Paris.

Steve is very happy that his mum made him cook as a kid. His mixture is in the oven and he's watching the clock for his 11 minutes very carefully.

Grace the Bad Wife doesn't know how to fold liquid.

Steve's are out of the oven, but they haven't risen evenly.

Lucy's are in the oven.

Steve is down for the taste test. The Head Chef says it doesn't look very nice, but takes a few bites.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2012, 04:57:15 AM »
We're back

Steve's souffle looks nice inside, and he's passed the test so they're off!

They must now travel to Rungis Market and search amongst 230 ha of produce and find a certain stall to collect a 30 kilogram wheel of cheese, then deliver it to a cheese shop 25 kilometers away. If they deliver it undamaged, they'll receive their next clue.

Andrew and Sam are starting their class. Sarah is a latecomer but they let her join in anyway, showing they have more lenience than my old high school teachers.

Lucy has forgotten how long her Souffle has been in for, so she kind of just guesses when hers should come out. Grace looks like she'll make the same mistake.

Lucy guessed well, they're out of the task after a quick taste test. They're up to their highest ever place in second.

Sarah has dropped her egg mix and put it back in her bowl. The chef has stopped her and made her redo that.

Michelle's souffle looks good, by her estimations the best of anyone's yet, but she's undercooked the Souffle so she'll have to salvage what mix she has left and hope for the best.

Grace's souffle hasn't risen much, but she passes the test.

Paul and Steve are at the marketplace.

Michelle has lucked out with her 2nd souffle, proving the adage that Ps get Degrees.

Andrews Souffle looks good, the judge called it exactly what he wanted, and he was told he was number 1 for the night. Sam is told he wasn't the best, but good enough. They both pass.

Paul and Steve are still searching the market, but they've found the cheese section, and have been told Jean-Marie (The cheese guy) is coming. The girls are there.

Sarah has been deemed good enough by the judge, and apparently she did it quickly. James likened it to him completing a make up challenge.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2012, 05:02:04 AM »
Lucy and Emilia have used their French to advantage and are right behind Michelle and Jo and Paul and Steve.

The girls carry the cheese together. Paul decides he's going to carry it himself and use the chance to flex his muscles a bit.

Lucy and Emilia are right behind the first two, all three in cabs.

Grace is trying to have her taxi driver wait, but he doesn't want to unless Grace pays her "One million dollar" It was strongly recommended in the clue that teams have their driver wait.

Shane and Andrew are having trouble because Here a Cheese, There a cheese, everywhere a cheese cheese.

James and Sarah have got their cab driver to wait for them.

Grace isn't having a bar of lifting the cheese and tells Jo to suck it up.

James and Sarah have made good time with the cheese, and feel they're back in it.

Grace and Jo are trying to steal the cab, and get busted in the act. But it's too late for James and Sarah to stop them, they'll drive off in the cab.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2012, 05:11:54 AM »
Back from the ad break.

James and Sarah are still left stranded after the very very low dog act from JoGrace.

Sarah doesn't care if they have to stop traffic on the street, she's going to find a cab.

Joseph says desperate times call for desperate measures.

Grace scrambles to justify herself by saying she doesn't like Sarah and James (literally the first time they've expressed a dislike for the pair)

Michelle and Jo's driver takes the straight to the cheese place and they get their clue. Teams must now head to Debilly Footbridge and search for a painter to receive their next clue.

Paul and Steve and Lucy and Emilia are right behind.

Lucy and Emilia feel Paris has delivered everything they asked for... Except cute Frenchmen.

James and Sarah have found a pub that will call them a cab. They bicker for a while and Sarah feels that their relationship has never been at a lower point.

Grace the Bad Wife and Jo have delivered their cheese, and Michelle and Jo  have reached the bridge, receiving instructions to fly to Havana in Cuba. Once there, they must search the airport carpark for a classic car, then drive to the Tropicana Nightclub and find the lead showgirl to find their next clue.

The twins leave the bridge just as Paul and Steve go running up to the painter in a nice distance shot panning across for them.

Lucy and Emilia wanted to go to Cuba, but "Not while we're in Paris and not while we're ahead"

The Cops deliver the cheese and get instructions to the bridge from a nice guy on an iPhone.

James and Sarah have a cab, and James tells her that bitching and moaning doesn't help, and that it's a race. Sarah goes "No way!" and confesses that Paris isn't the city of love, it's the city of hate.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2012, 05:22:09 AM »
We're back

The cops are running through Paris just as the sun starts coming up, so they're taking a moment to enjoy the sights, save some money and not be screwed by a taxi driver. Sam and Sticky are meanwhile proceeding to get screwed by a taxi driver that doesn't know where the bridge is.

Lucy and Emilia and Michelle and Jo book tickets on flight number one.

Sarah knows exactly where the bridge is so they jump in a cab.

JoGrace and The Cops have found the painter in spots 4 and 5. They take another moment to enjoy the sights before rushing off.

James and Sarah find the painter in slot number 6 and hope they can redeem themselves in a  new country.

Sam and Sticky know they're last when they reach the bridge, but feel they're back in the game.

All teams bar James and Sarah and Sam and Sticky will land in Cuba at 3:10 PM

Hunners and St. James tell Sticky and Sam what happened with the cabs, the two of them will land in Havana at 5:50.

First flight drops in Cuba. Paul and Steve marvel at the cars and claim the dark blue one quickly. Looking at the map it appears as if teams will be driving for a while, and theh shift is in a strange place, which is confusing a few teams.

Steve's car has a non functioning speedo and fuel guage. The cops have a car without seatbelts too.

Steve finds the mix of horses and old school cars on the road very strange.

Michelle and Jo are having big troubles with their car, so they hop out and ask for some strong men to help them push start the car.

Lucy and Emilia don't get a push start, but they're moving too. Albeit one bunny hop at a time.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2012, 05:32:17 AM »
We're back.

Lucy and Emilia have switched cars since they're still technically in the parking lot.

The second flight lands in darkness in Cuba. Both teams pick a car and proceed to go nowhere fast.

James and Sarah are first to leave the parking lot, Sticky and Sam a little behind.

The key just fell out of James' car, but it's still running.

Lucy and Emilia are having some directional difficulty, but Michelle and Jo are in the right city.

Shane and Andrew are having trouble opening the boot of their car to get a torch out, they settle for holding the door open and using the car light.

Paul and Steve are at the nightclub and open their clue to head to the Pit Stop: Hotel Nacional

The last team to check in may be eliminated.

The boys are confident they're in the lead, and the Cops have had their cars bonnet has started  poping up. JoGrace have stalled in the middle of an intersection, but gotten a push to help them jumpstart.

Michelle has stalled right outside the club, but they're in 2nd place getting their clue, but not before deciding which showgirls bodies they want.

Sticky and Sam have no idea how to get to Havana, and the locals aren't helping any.

Michelle and Jo have struck the kerb and need another push start to get going. She's kangaroo hopping up and down the streets now. The twins share a few words at maximum volume about how hard this actually is, and its another ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2012, 05:41:30 AM »
Michelle and Jo have another push start, and pay off a local to oversee their driving.

Sticky and Sam are still struggling to find the Tropicana and James and Sarah are using their spare cash to pay a taxi to lead them. Paul and Steve are first to the hotel and jump on the mat for team number one. They've won the right to KEEP RACING!

It's a Megaleg. It was, according to Paul "A fake Pit Stop"

Michelle and Jo check in right behind and keep racing.

Shane and Andrew wonder what happens if their car becomes inoperable.

JoGrace have an engine on fire and bail out of their vehicle.

Lucy and Emilia have a car that's not overly keen on moving, and they've stalled right over train tracks.

To Be Continued.

Next time, Havana reveals a few surprises as teams drive to "Australia"

James and Sarah have a confrontation with JoGrace.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:12 AM »
Awards!

Awards won't be shown this week, since we're still on the same leg. Yes, this is one leg. No rest period, a "fake Pit Stop", and Grant saying it's not over means its one leg.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
I'm happy that Lucy & Emilia finally had the chance to visit the top of the pack :lol:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
the twins are always blocked for first place by Paul and Steve. its shocking when they got to thecheese task first even Michelle has to most fail in the RB. Its good to have 2 country in a leg but I realize it kinda suck when the top teams have to wait in the airport for the other teams to catch up. :gaah:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »
I actually think that the fake Pit Stop might have been originally in Paris, but they probably needed to move Grant to Cuba to start filming, so they moved the Pit Stop as well.
The story so far:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
I actually think that the fake Pit Stop might have been originally in Paris, but they probably needed to move Grant to Cuba to start filming, so they moved the Pit Stop as well.

I think its more likely that there was a Detour at the nightclub

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
Judging from sunrise/set times, we clearly lost stuff in Paris AND Havana. With "two hours" cooking time and starting at 10:00pm, and with sunrise at 8:22am on December 1st, it means a whole bunch of teams took more than EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS to do the cheese and find the painter.

And the five lead teams arrived in Havana at 3:10pm, drove to the nightclub (which seems like it's basically a straight-ish twenty minute drive, per Google Maps), and NOBODY managed to get there until after sunset at 5:45pm? Even with those cars?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:47:22 AM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2012, 01:28:30 AM »
Judging from sunrise/set times, we clearly lost stuff in Paris AND Havana. With "two hours" cooking time and starting at 10:00pm, and with sunrise at 8:22am on December 1st, it means a whole bunch of teams took more than EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS to do the cheese and find the painter.

And the five lead teams arrived in Havana at 3:10pm, drove to the nightclub (which seems like it's basically a straight-ish twenty minute drive, per Google Maps), and NOBODY managed to get there until after sunset at 5:45pm? Even with those cars?

The last flight into Cuba allegedly landed before 6 PM, but James and Sarah are clearly running to the carpark in complete darkness. There's no way that they went from sunset to beyond last light that quickly.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2012, 04:08:12 AM »
I wonder... what if they picked the cars up somewhere else? That would fit with the James/Sarah discrepancy, and help explain the time loss?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2012, 04:21:47 AM »
Airport to somewhere else, then Detour, then drive to nightclub?