Author Topic: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 9 announcement.  (Read 55853 times)

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 5 coming on page 6
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Muppet of the Week
Ross, for taking too long to decide he wasn't going to get the puzzle right.

Grace for thinking it would be entertaining to rile up someone like Paul?

Congratulations, You Just Made Youtube
Paul and Grace split another award. This time, for Backpack Wars.

James and Sarah's "good morning" to the pedestrian during their argument? haha
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:23:07 AM by ryanmissing27 »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 5 coming on page 6
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2012, 08:33:31 PM »

Muppet of the Week
Ross, for taking too long to decide he wasn't going to get the puzzle right.

Grace for thinking it would be entertaining to rile up someone like Paul?

Congratulations, You Just Made Youtube
Paul and Grace split another award. This time, for Backpack Wars.

James and Sarah's "good morning" to the pedestrian during their argument? haha

Grace shared the Heel moment of the week for the same moment. What she did wasn't inherently stupid, it was just something that was bound to come across as evil.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 6 coming on page 7
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
The Amazing Race Australia, Episode 6

Full Title: "It's Not Nearly As Hilarious When Somebody Does It To You, Is It Girls?"

Watch for:

-Eye candy galore!
-Michelle and Jo to stand around looking decidedly pissy while they declare the game to be on (Because everyone knows the first 5 legs don't really count)
-More people realising that wanting to win isn't a crime? We can always hope.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:27:29 PM by Coutzy »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
The Amazing Race Australia, Episode 7 Episode 6

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:46 PM »
Hoping that the Yield will unleash the twins' inner Dustin & Kandice
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »
i will be very happy if after all of these, the twins win the leg..  :jam:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
The twins have been impressing me a lot so far. Before the season started I had them written off for a low finish but they have surprised me with their skills when it comes to non-luck tasks. It seems that luck has doomed them in a lot of legs to this point but they've managed to race well in most tasks to push through it.

However, I don't think this is the leg it's all going to come together for them.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:21 PM »

I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THIS

In the past few weeks, Michelle and Jo have reminded me a lot of Dustin and Kandice, I hope they become as epic as them  :jam:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »

In the past few weeks, Michelle and Jo have reminded me a lot of Dustin and Kandice, I hope they become as epic as them  :jam:

I still have doubts about Dustin and Kandice's abilities to race well under pressure. Both their seasons they went to water at the business end.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2012, 01:16:03 AM »

I still have doubts about Dustin and Kandice's abilities to race well under pressure. Both their seasons they went to water at the business end.
Well, they could always chAnnel their inner Kisha & Jen and sneak their way at the end for a win
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »
 Previously on The Amazing Race Australia, teams turned on each other and on Paul and Steve. The workmates were U-Turned for a 2nd time but came back to win the leg.

Father and Daughter Ross & Tarryn couldn't complete the Roadblock, but escaped elimination.

8 teams remain, who will be eliminated tonight?

Intro. My rice is gonna get cold.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:24 AM »
Istanbul, Turkey. This 2.5 thousand year old city straddles Europe and Asia, and was once the capital of the Ottoman Empire.

Paul and Steve depart at 9:59 AM and must make their way to a traditional Turkish Bath built in the 16th century. Teams must wash and scrub each other with a bar of soap until it reveals their next clue.

Paul and Steve don't seem too keen on scrubbing each other. Paul describes washing Steve's armpits as rather awkward.

Michelle and Jo depart 10:32 AM and talk about how Paul has rubbed almost every competetor the wrong way.

Paul and Steve has come up with a novel idea. They decide that Grace and Jo will probably have the most discomfort, and they've revealed the Detour: Shine or Design?

Shine- Locate marked shoe shine stalls and convince 10 customers to have their shoes shined for no less than 4 Lire each.

In Design, they must find a marked carpet stall and take a photo of an exotic Turkish pattern, then find a perfect match among the carpets to get their next clue.

Before they go to the Detour, they will face the Yield.

Paul and Steve fret for a bit over who to Yield and Michelle and Jo enter the bath in their smalls, much to the delight of the red blooded males in the audience.

Michelle offers that several people probably have fantasies about Cheerleader Twins rubbing each other.

Sticky & Sam and Grace and Jo depart at 10:51 AM

Sam enters the bath and upon seeing Michelle and Jo offers "Woah!" then asks them to do it a bit slower. They also offer to swap partners.

Grace finds the soaping very relaxing, Jo thinks its awkward.

Paul and Steve are at the Yield and choose to Yield Michelle and Jo and there's an interesting continuity moment when Steve puts their CO picture up, then it's suddenly gone again. In the meantime their at the shoe shine. They're struggling to attract customers.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2012, 04:45:40 AM »
Shane and Andrew depart 11:01, Lucy and Emilia 11:24 AM

The Cops discuss their families and how much they miss them. I smell a loved ones task.

Steve has found two customers, and Paul says he has the Used Car Salesman in him.

Michelle and Jo are done with their soap. They have a bad feeling that they'll be Yielded.

The Sisters are at the bath and feel significantly more confident now. Then they laugh.

Shane and Andrew say that they're at least not soaping their sister. Grace argues about Jo not doing her toes, claiming that she did his whole body. Jo says she's a sucker.

Sticky and Sam, JoGrace and The Cops are done with their soaps.

The CHeerleaders are at the Yield and as expected, they stand around looking pissy. Michelle (Or Jo) calls them stupid then says they hate it when people play dirty.

Ad break.

This incident sums up people on the race a lot for me. Michelle and Jo were happy to have a giggle when Paul and Steve got U-Turned, but when they've been Yielded all of a sudden it's playing dirty? Whether you love or hate the U-Turns and Yields, you have to stick with one. You're not allowed to hate a race mechanic because it went against your favourite team. That would be like hating teams having to drive themselves because Debbie and Bianca got themselves lost. Hate Paul and Steve if you like, but hate them because they chose to Yield your favourite team. Don't hate the Yield itself (Unless of course, you hate the entire concept of the Yield, in which case go nuts.)

The same goes for smart vs. stupid use of these powers. Just because they used it on your favourite team doesn't make it the worst use of it ever. Conversely, using it on a team you hate doesn't make it smart use of the power.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2012, 04:59:14 AM »
We're back.

The Cops and Sticky and Sam have gone to the carpets.

Shane and Andrew have chosen a simple design, Sticky and Sam have gone for one slightly more complicated. The Cops have declared it like a needle in a haystack.

Bakc at the baths, Lucy and Emilia are done with the soap and are heading for the shoe shine.

Paul and Steve are done, and will now travel to Rumeli Castle, where they will discover an Intersection inside. (I hate Intersections)

Michelle and Jo's Yield is done and they're off to shine shoes. They think it'll be easy to get male attention, which I would have done with my sister anyway.

Paul and Steve get to the intersection and lament the fact that they Yielded the 2nd place team and forced themselves to wait more.

JoGrace are at the shoe shine, and true to form Grace wants to dance. She doesn't find anyone with that method.

Shane and Andrew find Sticky and Sam's carpet, and immediately tell them that it's theirs. Hello Muppets of the Week.

Sticky and Sam repay the faith and hang around to help the cops.

Michelle and Jo are done with the shoes, and Lucy and Emilia have arrived. Lucy immediately pulls out the good old Aussie saying Cheap as Chips. Good stuff.

STicky and Sam, by their estimation have wasted 30-45 minutes finding Shane and Andrew's carpet. They pick one out but it's wrong, and the cops switch tasks, so St/Sa take their leave.

Grace shines the shoes of a man who has small feet. She makes the inevitable foot size/penis size reference, though a lot less blunt than that.

Lucy and Emilia said they've been waiting for the chance to have a good perv, and they've been very patient, but finally Turkey has deliverd. Lucy says that if she lived in Istanbul, they'd be dating already. She asks for his number, but makes no reference to being in town.

Hunners Chick and Ross and Tarryn depart after 1 PM. Ross laments that he was the one that couldn't do it, but is happy he's competing with James and Sarah over Paul and Steve.

Michelle and Jo are at the Intersection and decide to work with Paul and Steve.

Teams must now enter the castle and break through the line of four Turkish Oil Wrestlers. One of the 4 must get through and take a turkish lamp from off a table. The wrestlers arrive and Steve drops our first uncensored "****!" of the race. Paul says the biggest one there is giving him eyes. The trick here is there's only 3 wrestlers and 4 racers, so if they play distraction, one should be able to get through.

Michelle (Or Jo) sneaks past on the side and gets sandwiched as she nears the table. They are playing decidedly rougher than in TAR 9, that's for sure.

Jo (Or Michelle) grabs the lamp in the resulting chaos, but Michelle (or Jo) is on the ground holding her jaw.

To be clear: Paul did not bowl her over. One of the challenge extras did.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:14:26 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:10 AM »
Paul & Steve yielding the team that they would eventually have to work with at the intersection. :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2012, 05:10:46 AM »
We're back. Michelle as it turns out is still on the ground. The turkish wrestler has accidently given her a good shot across the chops as they've scrambled for the lamp. They open their clues and its a Roadblock.

The chosen team member must find the Whirling Dervishes and spin for 5 minutes continuosly to take their next clue. Michelle feels bad that Jo has to do another one.

Shane and Andrew and JoGrace finish their shoes as The Cops arrive. Shane and Andrew are having the usual difficulty finding people.

Sarah is having far too much fun with the task, and she climbs on James to rub him down. Ross tells them to keep it clean (Hee!) and they're finished and off to the Yield.

The Cops feel like they're back in the police academy with the shoe shining. James and Sarah pick that task.

JoGrace arrive at the U-Turn and choose to work with St/Sa

Shane finishes a mans shoes and takes a moment away from the race to present his 3 year old son with a small Kangaroo, so there's that family thing from before.

Grace declares the wrestlers coming out shirtless as beautiful. Joseph looks more uncomfortable by the second. Apparently Jo has a Jiujitsu background, and it must be true because he tosses his wrestler aside with no trouble to take the lamp.

Steve and Jo are at the Roadblock and learning the dance. Jo is already psyching herself out of the task.

The battle for 7th and 8th is still raging at the Detour, but little do they know it matters for nothing. Ross is remembering shining the shoes of his kids.

Sarah and James have no luck until she starts offering back massages. Steve is looking very focused with his Roadblock. Jo started getting dizzy after 20 seconds and takes a tumble. We get a slow mo of her on the floor to make us believe she's fainted. I am dubious.

Ad break. It's going to snow tonight in the mountains of Victoria.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »
Sticky and Sam willing to stay back and help the cops find the carpet made me like them even more  :)
You were right about the 'loved ones' reference Coutzy, I thought it was sweet when Shane gave that little kid a kangaroo keyring  :hrt:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »
We're back. Jo isn't sure how or why she fell, but her 5 minutes will start again.

Shane and Andrew arrive at the Intersection and they'll partner Lucy and Emilia

Lucy's strategy is to cuddle the hunk on the end, which admittedly neutralises him pretty well. The cops work together to knock the lamp off the table, then pick it up off the ground so they're done.

Ross has done 7 shoes, and 2 of them won't count because they have to do 5 each.

Steve is finished with the Roadblock, and they'll head to the Pit Stop: Beyazit Square.

Jo is nearing the finish and Michelle says the boys don't deserve it. Jo finishes and hits the deck again. Jo looks like she's about to be sick as they run, and she mentions the curse of Jen. She needs to pee.

Paul and Steve hit the mat first and as the winners of this leg of the race they've won a state of the art computer package from Bing Lee, valued at $5000.

Steve says that most other teams have tried to stop them to no avail, the only team that will stop them is themselves.

Michelle and Jo check in 2nd.

Hunners Chick has a chat with the next shoe guy, turns out he makes socks.

Ross and Tarryn are out of the Detour, James and Sarah still have 5 to do.

Sticky and Jo are spinning. Jo looks like he's hopping in circles, while Sticky's action is decidedly smoother.

Ross and Tarryn get to the Intersection and are very, VERY unhappy that James and Sarah will be granted the catch up opportunity.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »
We return again.

James and Sarah are finally done with the shoes. Hunners Chick gets some pronounciation help from their shoe shine guy.

Joseph is done with the spinning, they run past the window as Sticky and Sam finish.

The Cops both claim they're no good at spinning, but that doesn't matter for the moment because their cab has taken them to rhe wrong place.

Emilia will spin, but right now they're just admiring the room.

Grace and Jo hit the Pit Stop in 3rd place. Sticky and Sam not far behind for 4th.

The Cops are in trouble, but finally have directions and are inside, although by their own estimation they look like a broken teapot.

Hunners Chick is finally at the Intersection. Ross blows through all the wrestlers, so they and HC will be off.

Emilia is done with the task, and from the looks of things, they'll be headed for their best finish yet if they can beat Shane and Andrew, who have finished right behind them.

Footballers Daughters have the first cab away from the Intersection, and the Sisters do check in for 5th, the Cops not far back for 6th.

James and Sarah's cab overtakes Ross and Tarryn on the road, so James will start spinning first, Ross will start just behind.

Both are spinning, Ross is determined to do it for Tarryn, and we'll go to an ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2012, 05:41:43 AM »
We're back.

James is telling himself to put up with it just once for 5 minutes and they'll be done. His mantra has worked and they're off to the Pit Stop. Ross is also done so they'll run off too.

James and Sarah hit the mat in 7th, so they'll live to see another leg.

Ross and Tarryn come up in last place and they've been eliminated and officially have been beaten by the team they saved.

Tarryn wanted to prove to her dad that she was strong and could do things on her own. Ross says that when you set high standards for yourself, you're bound to fail sometimes, so he doesn't mind too much.

Next Time:

Teams fly to Paris and the City of Love becomes the City of Hate. JoGrace steals Hunner's Chick's cab and Grace declares that she wants James and Sarah out of the race. Teams do some self driving and look to really struggle with it. Michelle (Or Jo) claims that her sister has no idea how hard it is to do it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2012, 05:46:22 AM »
Ross and Tarryn come up in last place and they've been eliminated

LIFE = OVER

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2012, 05:48:31 AM »
AWARDS!

The Clive Peters Play of the Day!
Lucy and Emilia get this one. By my estimations they put together the best leg out of any of the teams, although we may never know because of the Intersection messing up any guesses we could make from next legs departure time differentials.

Muppet of the Week!
The Cops. No question. I doubt we'll ever know what possessed them to give their opponents the answer when there wasn't any possible thing for them to get in return at the moment.

Heel Moment of the Week
The Turkish Wrestler that gave Michelle a smack across the chops.

Congratulations, You Just Made You RedTube
They admitted it themselves: The Cheerleader Twins rubbing each other down with soap has to be the winner of this award.

The Erwin and Godwin "Being Polite Sucks Sometimes" Award
Ross and Tarryn take out the pairing of the Erwin and Godwin "Jeez, I Hope They Don't Beat Us Now" Award that they won on the first leg. The extra hour of sleep probably wouldn't have helped them with the Roadblock at all, but it still would have helped them not get beaten by the team they saved.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:53:51 AM by Coutzy »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:20 AM »
So this was the most surprising leg yet?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2012, 06:00:45 AM »

NO WAY.

And also, next leg is probably a superleg. You can see an image of Fidel Castro, so they are in Cuba and I don't think they would advertise it in the same trailer if it wasn't the same leg.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

NO WAY.

And also, next leg is probably a superleg. You can see an image of Fidel Castro, so they are in Cuba and I don't think they would advertise it in the same trailer if it wasn't.

It also looks like we are going to see the real Grace revealed next week. >:)