Author Topic: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 9 announcement.  (Read 55575 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 2 coming on page 3.
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
Are Lucy & Emilia the new Mo & Mos?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
Are Lucy & Emilia the new Mo & Mos?

More like the new Anne-Marie and Tracy, I would think, only we know they last longer!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 12:53:09 AM »
On the Hairdressers, I feel like placing them in the Final 6 or 5 where they lose out of a breakdown ā la Mary & Peach
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
Kiki, I'm trying to keep this thread clear of spoilers about future episodes. Please keep conversation to what has aired on screen only.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
Kiki, I'm trying to keep this thread clear of spoilers about future episodes. Please keep conversation to what has aired on screen only.

I meant that they survived the second leg in contrast with Ann Marie and Tracy who were eliminated in this same leg. How is that a spoiler?

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
On the Hairdressers, I feel like placing them in the Final 6 or 5 where they lose out of a breakdown ā la Mary & Peach
I feel like they would get eliminated in Leg 6 or 7  :)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
Coutzy,

Your commentary on ARAus2 is excellent. I do have an issue to raise, how teams got from Mosboron Beach back to Manila. There is no way they took the long-distance buses back. They must have flown out of Legazpi airport to Manila. There were 6 flights from 8am to about 4 pm. It is 45 minutes taxi from Mosboron to Legazpi. The 625 pm plane from Manila was accurate, so teams did not have time to take the bus and get to Manila airport.

A minor additional piece of information that has come to my attention is that the Manila to Bangkok 625pm flight was the same PR752 which also went on from Bangkok to New Delhi.

An addition to your information on AR18 being the one where the dungcake happened (which is true) is that years earlier ARA1, ep. 10 had the first instance of this type of task.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:59:49 AM by apskip »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2012, 05:06:19 AM »
Coutzy,

Your commentary on ARAus2 is excellent. I do have an issue to raise, how teams got from Mosboron Beach back to Manila. There is no way they took the long-distance buses back. They must have flown out of Legazpi airport to Manila. There were 6 flights from 8am to about 4 pm. It is 45 minutes taxi from Mosboron to Legazpi. The 625 pm plane from Manila was accurate, so teams did not have time to take the bus and get to Manila airport.

A minor additional piece of information that has come to my attention is that the Manila to Bangkok 625pm flight was the same PR752 which also went on from Bangkok to New Delhi.

An addition to your information on AR18 being the one where the dungcake happened (which is true) is that years earlier ARA1, ep. 10 had the first instance of this type of task.

Very possible. Details often get missed because of the difficulty in keeping up with the show as it happens. If you look closely, some teams completely vanish from my rader for a while before magically turning up at tasks or a Pit Stop.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2012, 04:20:31 AM »

for tomorrow night.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia- Episode Three

Full Title: "If The Sisters Hang On For Another Leg, I'll Eat My Hat"

Watch For:

-Aura Spray  :groan:
-The Cheerleaders to be impressive in the face of adversity once again. If there's an entire leg that doesn't involve luck or eating, watch out.
-The sisters to come last. I can't see any conceivable way that they can come Not Last unless one of the tasks is to move slowly (Sadly, I think Hunners Chick has them covered on this aspect as well.)
-More hate for racers whose only crime is wanting to win more than anybody else.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 3 coming on page 4
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2012, 06:15:15 AM »
Here we go:

Previously on The Amazing Race Australia:

As the race reached India dating couple James and Sarah reached boiling point

Flatmates Sticky and Sam had their biggest test yet, but bounced back to triumph against the odds, while cousins Adam and Dane were out of cash and out of luck

Tonight

The race hits the streets and a run in with Paul and Steve leaves Kym and Donna reeling.

10 teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

Intro

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2012, 06:18:54 AM »
During the Pit Stop, teams were transported from Dehli to Jaipur

On the edge of the Great Indian Desert, Jaipur is known as the Pink City. It is the starting point of the 3rd leg.

Sticky and Sam depart at 9 AM

Travel by Auto Rickshaw to the Red Elephant Temple.

Sticky: I'd say there's gonna be elephants there
Sam: Red ones?

Cheerleaders depart at 9:02 AM, talk about their special connection and the advantage of it.

Sticky and Sam are having a bit of difficulty with their driver, he went the wrong way.

Hippies and Footballer's Daughters leave at 9:34 AM, Ross is not prepared to accept second best, and wants Tarryn to be more competetive.

The Cheerleaders are at the temple, where they've had to take their shoes off. They received a blessing from a Hindi priest.

ROADBLOCK: Who is a fast learner?

In this Roadblock, one team member must pass an Indian Driving Test (Hello TAR 10)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »
Michelle is doing the task.

The girls are worried, Michelle only learned how to drive stick 2 weeks prior to the race.

Sticky is also going to do the task.

The Hippie Chicks feel "at home" in India.

Ross and Teresa are off to do the task, but thankfully no Aura Spray (TM) yet

Kym and Donna and Paul and Steve depart at 9:39 and 9:40 AM

Paul is here to win at all costs, but feels that if any team knew that it would work against them.

Cops depart at 9:46 AM and lament their bad taxi luck, but are happy that they have been able to make it up at challenges.

Kym and Paul are going to do the Roadblock, and the Cops have had another bad cabbie.

Jo and Grace and Hunners Chick depart at 9:54 AM

The brother/sister combo feel their relationship is getting stronger, but Hunners Chick have passed them up in the cab.

HC is flashing Jo and Grace's driver to try and distract him.

The Sisters depart at 10:04 AM for the first of what I am sure is several Last Place subtitles.

Michelle is inside the driving school and has gone through the road signs, she is now doing the practical. She is freaking out a bit.

Grace is at the temple, and spending her time dancing instead of getting clues, much to the Chagrin of Joseph.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2012, 06:26:45 AM »
Sticky is having no trouble with the stickshift, and Sam knows that anything he can do, Sticky can do.

Sticky offers the completion to the saying and Sam shakes his head. I like these guys.

Hippie the First and Footballer are in the testing room, now out on the streets.

Hippie the Second is backseat driving pretty badly, and Hippie the First wants her to stop talking. The Aura Cleansing Spray (TM) does many many laps of the cab.

Sticky can't believe all the traffic, and he's had a crash.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
We're back

During the break, Lite n Easy promised to make me thinner. I continued drinking my pepsi and eating my chips.

Sticky has crashed, and the other driver just left so they'll continue on.

Michelle has passed her test and gets the clue.

ROUTE INFO: Stack and Deliver 75 pots and deliver them to the other end of the market to receive their next clue. If teams break more than 15 pots, they will receive a penalty.

Sticky has got the next clue, despite his bingle, and they're stacking pots with the Cheerleaders.

Kym is out on the road, and Hippie the First has the next clue.

They are stacking pots in a different way to the rest.

Footballer's Daughters have the next clue and are also stacking pots now.

Paul is out on the road and is having a bit of trouble. He's stalled twice. Make that three times.

Hunners Chick, Sisters and GraJo are in the testing room, and the Cops are on the road.

Paul has caught Kym en route, and they're starting a drag race, which Paul promptly stalls in.

Kym takes his time to get moving and breezes by.

The Cheerleaders are learning how to drive an Ox (Take notes, Colin) and they are moving.

Michelle and Jo move off quickly and lose a heap of pots.

Sticky and Sam follow suit.

Hunners Chick, Sisters and Grace are on the road. Hunners Chick has never driven a manual in her life (Another skill my sister has over her)

Grace doesn't have very good driving skills "according to her insurance company"

Hunners Chick is leaning on the horn a lot and seems to be fitting right in with the locals.

Grace is having a nice chat to Joseph in the back seat, and he just wants her to focus on driving.

Michelle and Jo and Sticky and Sam have both broken too many pots and are serving a 15 minute penalty.

Paul has beaten Kym in the drive, and Hippie Chicks have lots about half their pots without even leaving the starting gate.

Ross and Tarryn are moving slowly, but seem ok with pots.

The Hippie Chicks have lost even more pots.

Paul and Steve and Kym and Donna are moving.

Paul stands still and holds his ground, while Kym and Donna run a few pots into his backpack.

Very little actually gets said about it, in the end.

Ad break.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:15:21 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
We're back.

Replay of pots breaking.

Kym and Donna claim to be the worst team to cross, but the incident doesn't seem to stop either team from breaking more pots.

Michelle and Jo have their next clue and its another Roadblock: Who is a stairmaster?

The chosen team member must go to a place and use a combination of exactly 47 steps down and 11 steps up (I think) to reach the guru in the middle.

Hunners Chick is stressed through the task and thanks God for botox.

Hippie Chicks get a penalty, and Footballers Daughters have kept enough pots to avoid the penalty.

Hunners Chick is organising the stacking formation, and wants herself and James to take a leaf out of the pot book.

Kym and Donna and Paul and Steve have both got penalties.

Sticky says the well looks like something from a Harry Potter movie with stairs going in all directions. His first try is wrong.

The Cops seem to be going ok with the pots.

Donna and Steve are going to do the Roadblock.

Cops have a penalty, The Sisters are at the ox task and Grace is driving slowly.

Sticky has finished the Roadblock and now they must find the Pit Stop.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2012, 06:51:37 AM »
Ross and Tarryn and Michelle and Jo have arrived at the Roadblock dead level. Both have been turned back.

GraJo have passed Hunners Chick and The Sisters by stacking quickly. HC are taking their time to stack them well and not risk the penalty.

Tarryn has completed the task and they're off to the Pit Stop.

Hippie the First is doing this Roadblock as well, and the Aura Cleansing Spray (TM) makes another few laps.

Michelle gets turned around again.

Sticky and Sam worry that Footballers Daughters will catch up.

They don't have enough to cover the cab, and they are pleading with the guy.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
We're back.

Sticky and Sam have started begging, while Ross and Tarryn negotiate prices.

Sticky and Sam have reached an agreement with their driver, and they're off to check in in First Place.

They've won a state of the art home entertainment system valued at $5000 from Bing Lee.

They've had 2 wins in a row now and they're stoked about it.

Ross and Tarryn come in for a 2nd place finish.

GraJo are close to the finish of the ox task as the Cops leave for the next Roadblock.

The brother/sister combo avoided the penalty.

Hunners Chick is getting pinched by Indian kids, and while frustrating, it doesn't seem as bad as the kids that are following the Sisters and knocking their pots off.

The Sisters have a 15 minute penalty, and Hunners Chick's stacking method has proved solid, they're away with no penalty.

Donna is having a bit of trouble with the task, and Michelle is finally done.

Hippie Chick the First is having no luck, and she keeps trying to sit at the bottom and turn back on herself to force her count.

Paul feels that as the big mental player, this is the chance to show himself as a big success or a big disappointment.

Kym is trying to tell Steve that Paul knocked off a bunch of their pots.

Paul and Steve are off in 4th place, Kym and Donna in 5th.

The two are off to the Pit Stop right next to each other and Michelle and Jo check in for 3rd.

It's looking more like a footrace to the line for 4th place

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2012, 07:10:32 AM »
We're back

Zuji gets another plug.

The footrace for 4th is a complete non event as Kym and Donna get 4th with no Paul and Steve in sight, who come in for 5th later.

The Cops are at the Roadblock as Hippie the First continues to struggle.

The Sisters have sat out their penalty and are off to the Roadblock.

James is in the Roadblock, and loves the look of the place, but isn't having a lot of success.

Plain Clothes Cops are out of there, though they feel like it was a bit of a fluke.

Hippie the First continues to struggle, and Joseph is starting the task, and he gets it on the first attempt.

Teresa is having trouble watching Sue struggle, and the first cracks are starting to show in their relationship.

James is done with the task, so he and Hunners Chick will be off to the Pit Stop.

Jo and Grace are right behind the Plain Clothes Cops, and have passed them up. They've disappeared from the Cop's view, but can't find the entrance, which Shane and Andrew spot with no trouble, so they'll come in at 6th, GraJo behind for 7th.

Hunners Chick and Toy Boy come in for 8th.

It's down to Hippie Chick and The Sisters.

Sue claims she's been up and down 30 or 40 times.

The Sisters have been turned back on the first attempt, and Hippie the First has been turned back again.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2012, 07:19:37 AM »
We're back

Zuji gets another plug.

The sisters are still battling with the Hippie Chicks.

The Sisters have the next clue and they're out of there.

There's one last hug for Hippie the Second and the sisters get going.

It's another few laps for the Aura Cleansing Spray (TM) and they have the clue, and refusing to give up.

The sisters are preparing for a final sprint.

The sisters come in at 9th, defying all predictions and come in for Not Last once again.

Hippie Chicks hit the mat in last, and they are eliminated.

The girls will depart with a smile, they feel that the race has heightened their friendship, and are happy that they saw India.

Next time its a race through the desert of Dubai.

Sarah tells Paul he has rocks in his head, and The Sisters get arrested.

We are promised that one team won't make it to the Pit Stop.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
AWARDS

The Clive Peters Play of the Day:
- I'm giving this one to Hunners Chick. Going slow and steady with the pots was a great idea.

Muppet of the Week:
- Sadly, nobody did anything especially dumb this week. Sue for being so bad at the stairs challenge, I guess.

Heel Moment of the Week:
-Kym. Taddling on someone to their teammate? Really stupid and really uncool.

Congratulations, You Just Made YouTube:
- Again, nothing really sticks out. The moment where Paul's backpack inadvertently knocks off a few pots is probably the one that is going to get watched the most.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
So, it seems the Dandrew Powers (TM) are way stronger than the Aura Spray (TM)
The story so far:

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Coutzy's Commentary- AusTAR 2 Episode 1 "Why Am I Not On This Show?"
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »

This thread needs some aura spray.

:lol3:

I love this gif and I'm "stealing" it. Hope that's ok

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »

This thread needs some aura spray.

:lol3:

I love this gif and I'm "stealing" it. Hope that's ok

Take it. Take it as far away from this thread as you can.