Author Topic: Coutzy's Commentaries on AusTAR 2! Episode 9 announcement.  (Read 55908 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Coutzy's Commentary- AusTAR 2 Episode 1 "Why Am I Not On This Show?"
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 06:31:28 AM »
Everyone sprinted to the taxi rank and scattered. Michelle and Jo have donned bright pink tank tops and ran onto the road, stopping traffic and securing a cab.

They've caught the attention of Paul and Steve, who now rank the two as a serious threat to them. Sue and Teresa are out pretty quickly.

Emilia says it won't be an eating challenge because of the time of night. More foreshadowing, I smell.

Michelle and Jo are first to the market, and now each team must eat a total of 8 Balut (The same amount Bobby Jon ate on Survivor, IIRC) to be able to move on. The cheerleaders have no clue what Balut is. Michelle says she can't do it because she's a picky eater.

Coutzy would have most definitely struggled with this one, but my sister would attack it with gusto and I would begrugingly force it down.

Ad break.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:21:03 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »
And we're back. The Honda CRZ gets a plug for their reverse camera technology.

Michelle and Jo are working at it. Jo takes one bite and gags, not because of the taste, but the texture. Michelle is trying to out think what she's eating, and fails miserably. The locals are cheering her on.

Ross and Taryn, Kym and Donna and Paul and Steve have arrived.

Donna is allergic to eggs and Kym is thrilled about that. Paul knows what balut is, but has never had it. The boys are having no trouble with the food, they actually seem to be enjoying it. The boys suggest that Kym and Donna have a dominatrix/slave relationship, which would be interesting on its own.

The cops have arrived. They both "made the fatal mistake of looking at it"

Paul and Steve are racing eachother to see who can get 4 down first, and it's worked because they are first to get the clue to sign up for one of 3 charter buses, departing half an hour apart. The buses will travel 10 hours south to an active volcano.

Joseph and Grace and Adam and Dane have arrived. Grace is shovelling the balut down like their is no tomorrow. She is going to outpace Joseph. Adam has had one, and is dry retching. Dane is happy to eat 7 more. Sticky and Sam have paid their cab 2000 for a ride that everyone else has paid about 300 for.

Lucy and Emilia are less than enthusiastic about the task, as are Sticky and Sam. Emilia said that the one thing she didn't want to do wsa an eating challenge.

Michelle is the first to chuck, and Jo screams that she's a sympathy spewer (apparently it means if she sees someone else throw up, she throws up too.) Kym is done with their eggs, and they're off.

Paul and Steve are team number one to sign up for a bus.

Ross and Taryn are out of the food challenge in 3rd place.

Grace has eaten 5 eggs in the time Joseph had 3. They're out in 4, Adam and Dane in 5 and The Cops in 6.

The cops' driver says he knows a shortcut.

Hunners Chick has got to the challenge, along with the hippies.

Sue is a member of Greenpeace and the WWF (Not the wrestling kind), and almost collapses when she sees what it is.

Hunners Chick holds the egg for maybe 1 second before spitting it out, but tries again admirably.

Despite their reservations, Sue and Teresa smash through the task and get out in 8th.

Michelle and Jo are the only team left at the food challenge, even though they arrived first. They're worried they will be eliminated.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
We're back

The Hairdresser Hippies hope that the universe forgives them for what they've done. I think they should be more concerned with whether their gastrointestinal system will forgive them.

Sticky and Sam are stuck with no money and no cab, and unless someone else accidentally books flights back to Australia, I'm declaring them Muppets of the Week.

Hunners Chick is not living up to the task of being better than I think my sister would be, though she wsa probably going to fail that anyway.

James and Sarah are weighing up whether they should have helped Sticky and Sam. They don't want to look like bad guys, but have decided it was smart not to.

Joseph and Grace have spotted the sign up board, but she dawdled while Adam ran in front to secure the last spot on bus 1 with Kym and Donna and Paul and Steve.

The cops' shortcut has turned into a long cut, and Taryn and Ross, Lucy and Emilia and Sticky and Sam have gotten bus 2, while Hunners Chick, Michelle and Jo, The Cops will be stuck on bus 2.

The Cheerleaders and the Cops may not arrive in time for bus 3, but all is well that ends well, they've got on. Sue and Teresa made it in the first slot on that bus, unaired.

The first bus has arrived. Paul and Steve are first to the detour: Pig or Jig. It's a basic catch the animals versus do a dance Detour.

Donna was an aerobics instructor and feels Jig would be easy, while Paul and Steve are going for the pigs. Each person has to grab 2 pigs, though they have been greased up. Steve catches a pig quickly, but loses it when he walks between the catch pen and the holding pen.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:21:21 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00:19 AM »
And we're back. Paul and Steve have dropped one of their pigs, but got it back and it's in the holding pen. Adam is now in the pig pen too, and has fallen over in spectacular fashion, but he's got a pig and it's Paul's turn. He's got a pig quickly. Kym and Donna are worried they may take too long with the dancing, so they're changing to the pigs. Dane and Paul are both in the pen, Paul runs into Dane for no real reason, but tries to make it look accidental.

Teams must now travel by Jeepeny (TAR 5) to a bay where they will find their next clue.

Adam and Dane are not far behind Paul and Steve, but have taken a break to wash the mud off first. Donna grew up around livestock, and worries that pigs may bite, but she gets one easily, Kym right behind with his first.

The 2nd bus arrives.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
All teams on bus 2 go for the pigs. Sam is first in the pen and shreds his knees on the gravel. Ross channels his football background to tackle a pig, and Sticky tags in to capture a pig. Taryn is trying her best to follow Ross's advice and "Grab it by the guts!"

Sticky and Sam have had no worries with the pigs and are away. Ross and Taryn right behind.

For all the footy fans in the crowd, laying tackles on pigs reminds Ross of "Plugger Lockett at the SCG"

Grace and Joseph are done with their pigs. We switch to the bay where Paul and Steve are in a slight lead over Adam and Dane.

Teams must now build a raft using basic materials and paddle it across the bay to Mossboron Beach and the first pit stop. The last team MAY be eliminated.

Paul and Steve don't know much about what to do, while Adam and Dane are going hard at it.

The Teachers are trying to be calm and pick them up slowly, which is working surprisingly well.

Bus 3 arrives, The hippies, cheerleaders and Hunners Chick go for Jig. The cops elect to tackle pigs quickly.

Michelle and Jo fail their first attempt at the dance, although they didn't look bad from the couch at home.

The cops are done with the pigs before any of the dancing teams. Hunners Chick is now in the pig pen. She tries to catch a pig, and unintentioanlly flashes a crowd in the Phillipines because she's wearing her "Ra Ra Skirt and G String" :res:

Hunners Chick jumps in the cleaning barrel to make it easier.

Michelle and Jo take another shot at the dance, fail and give up. The Hippie Hairdressers are having a miserable time of it, not even getting close as the Blonde's start their journey in the pig pen. Jo is having real trouble picking up a pig, Michelle tags in to show her how it's done and gets it done in about 10 seconds. Michelle is offering advice to her lesser abled sister. They trade a few less than encouraging words on giving up, and Jo's eagerness for said giving up.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »
We're back.

A plug for The Amazing Race Australia facebook page and the website.

Blonde's are still in the pen, and share a few more words on giving up and Jo's technique. Jo catches her first pig.

Paul is really struggling with the raft building, but Adam and Dane are on the water, and their boat is floating.

Kym and Donna are on the beach and starting their raft. The pair paddle in the ocean for fun. Paul and Steve are trying their raft, and it promptly falls apart.

The blondes are done with the pigs. The Hippie Hairdressers get out their Aura Cleansing Spray (TM) and get the dance done on the next attempt. Cue rants about the placebo effect.

Ross and Tarryn are at the rafts. Ross wants to take his time and make sure the raft holds until the end. Sticy and Sam are going for a catamaran like structure similar to Chapera in Survivor All Stars.

Lucy and Emilia read an important note: If the raft breaks, teams must go back to the start and begin again.

The Cops are stepping back to have a good think about it. Kym and Donna have built an impressive looking raft and blow by Paul and Steve, who are apparently on their 29th attempt to build a raft. It appears 29 is the magic number. Adam and Dane's raft is starting to fall apart with only 100 meters to go, so they bail out and reset, though they are very close to the Pit Stop.

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
Meanwhile, stocks in Coutzy's friend Cameron plummet- He missed the show to play Warcraft. I am not impressed.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
We're back. Zuji.com.au promises to give us a unique holiday.

Michelle and Jo are at the beach and proclaim to not be out of it.

Hunners Chick has started paddling, but has lost her shoes.

Ross and Tarryn are on the water.

Hippie Hairdressers are on the beach and still have hopes of finishing not last. Paul and Steve are paddling and sinking and falling apart. Ross and Tarryn have a raft that is holding together well. Kym and Donna are getting closer and closer albeit slowly. Ross and Taryn are passing other teams with pure rowing power. Steve is telling Paul to stop standing around and help fix the raft.

Paul thinks they can't finish the raft as is and need to either eat a penalty or completely restart.

Lucy and Emilia's raft is going horribly, while the Hippie Hairdressers have a good looking craft.

Joseph and Grace are paddling. Sticky and Sam are paddling well, Sticky says "Now that the novelty has worn off, I'll have to find a new thing."

Kym and Donna are just in front of Ross and Taryn heading to the Pit Stop. Ross and Taryn have passed, but Kym and Donna hit the beach at the same time.

it's a run, and the father daughter duo hit the mat first, winning themselves $10,000 courtesy of Swisse. Ross says Thank you to Swisse like a good little promo model.

They have also won the Salvage Pass. They can use it in one of 2 ways.

They can gain an additional 1 hour head start at the start of the next leg

OR

Use it to save the last arriving team on this leg.

Ross mentions that he is the oldest racer on this race at 55, does this make him the oldest leg winner ever?

Kym and Donna hit the mat in second place.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »
Hairdresser Hippies are rowing well, Michelle "sees whinging" in Jo's face. The cops chose to lay on their raft instead of sitting. Lucy and Emilia are heartened by the sight of Paul and Steve restarting.

Hunners Chick hits the mat 3rd, with the Hairdresser Hippies making an impressive comeback to land 4th.

The cops use their belly strategy well and pass Adam and Dane.

Sticky and Sam land 5th, Joseph and Grace in 6th. Michelle and Jo in 7th place.

Lucy and Emilia are having trouble getting on the water.

Lucy is in tears, and she "just wanna make it to the Pit Stop"

Ad break.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
We're back.

The sisters are contemplating what to do. It having not worked 3 times. The sisters have reread the clue, and are doing something not quite legal. They have noticed the clue doesn't say they CAN get help, but it doesn't expressly say they can't get help either.

The Cops have landed in 8th place, and Adam and Dane are right behind in 9th place, so we're down to Paul and Steve and Lucy and Emilia.

The Teacher Sisters have a good craft, and are now paddling as darkness starts to fall.

The boys are on the water and night has well and truly set in by the time they start to arrive. Paul and Steve are gaining on the sisters.

Paul and Steve overtake the girls on the water and dash to the mat for a 10th place finish (No penalty mentioned)

The sisters have hit the mat last, and now its time for Grant to call over Ross and Tarryn for the Salvage Pass decision.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

Ross mentions that he is the oldest racer on this race at 55, does this make him the oldest leg winner ever?

Mel White won a leg at age 68 in Amazing Race 14.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:01:09 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »
The decision comes through.

Lucy and Emilia will be staying in the race, at the expense of a one hour head start at the beginning of the next leg (Useless)

NEXT TIME:

Teams fly to Dehli, India.

A Bollywood scenario won't be the only thing to bring teams unstuck.

James and Hunners chick start to unravel.

Hunners Chick claims James is "useless as tits on a bull."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »
And it is time for Coutzy's Amazing Race Australia Awards!

The Clive Peter's Play of the Day!

This week, I'm giving it to The Hippie Hairdressers for their incredible comeback at the rafting portion of the task. A bit of luck and skill at exactly the right time for them.

Muppet of the Week!

For this leg it has to go to Sticky and Sam, for their ridiculously overpaid cab driver. The last time someone paid that much over their fare, there was a bikini clad woman in the back seat.

Congratulations, You Just Made Youtube

This one has to go to Michelle and Jo, the sympathy spewers. There will be a few people watching that one tomorrow.

Heel Moment of the Week

Paul, for his body check in the Pig Pen. He gained nothing out of that.

The Cho Bro's Memorial 'Gee, I Hope They Don't Beat Us Now' Trophy

This one goes to Ross and Tarryn. Keeping another team in the competition when there will be literally no consequence of letting them die is never a smart move, even if they look to be one of the weaker teams of the competition.

I am much, MUCH more interested to know if they would have done the same thing if it was Paul & Steve who hit the mat last, since despite their lack of raft building skills, they do look like shaping up to be something of a power team of the competition.

And that's the leg. Feel free to add opinions or comments, I'll do my best to answer any questions about what happened in tonight's episode.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:58:47 AM by Coutzy »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »

This one goes to Ross and Tarryn. Keeping another team in the competition when there will be literally no consequence of letting them die is never a smart move, even if they look to be one of the weaker teams of the competition.

I beg to differ, there are consequences of letting the girls be eliminated. Presuming the teams already know about the must vote U-turns, WHY would you become a public enemy by getting rid of a team (particularly a non-hated, arguably lovable team) when all it's going to do is get you an hour ahead? An hour which is most likely going to be spent at the airport? I think it's a stupid twist on Active TV's part, the hour bonus really isn't that enticing when you likely have a solid amount of transportation ahead of you. I think Ross and Tarryn made the smart choice on saving the girls. They don't pose a MASSIVE threat, they're obviously not going to U-turn you and you don't make yourself hated by the other teams. Simple.

But hey, that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »

I beg to differ, there are consequences of letting the girls be eliminated. Presuming the teams already know about the must vote U-turns, WHY would you become a public enemy by getting rid of a team (particularly a non-hated, arguably lovable team) when all it's going to do is get you an hour ahead? An hour which is most likely going to be spent at the airport? I think it's a stupid twist on Active TV's part, the hour bonus really isn't that enticing when you likely have a solid amount of transportation ahead of you. I think Ross and Tarryn made the smart choice on saving the girls. They don't pose a MASSIVE threat, they're obviously not going to U-turn you and you don't make yourself hated by the other teams. Simple.

But hey, that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

There is nothing to suggest the other teams knew anything about the Salvage Pass. To them, it could have been nothing more than a plain elimination leg.

Personally, I think the Salvage Pass reward needed to be higher. I would have liked to see it combined with the Express Pass, and given teams the option to save a team or use it to skip a task whenever they wanted. That would have made it a decision that needed making.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
I beg to differ, there are consequences of letting the girls be eliminated. Presuming the teams already know about the must vote U-turns, WHY would you become a public enemy by getting rid of a team (particularly a non-hated, arguably lovable team) when all it's going to do is get you an hour ahead? An hour which is most likely going to be spent at the airport? I think it's a stupid twist on Active TV's part, the hour bonus really isn't that enticing when you likely have a solid amount of transportation ahead of you. I

That a part of the race, who knows where your going next, some team could have thought that there is another philipeno leg.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »

This thread needs some aura spray.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:37 AM »

This thread needs some aura spray.

:haha

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »

Yes it does!!! Too much negative energy.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »

Well anything could happen with the voting U turn.

I guess this is a spoiler.  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »

Well anything could happen with the voting U turn.

I guess this is a spoiler.  :(

We ARE a spoiler board.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 11:37:39 AM »
Yeh but I wanted to discuss the episodes as they are shown.  And this is the forum section for this AR.  There isn't a specific spoilers section for the Australian race, unlike the American one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:40:59 AM by starrynight »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
Incredible . Kym and Donna are definitly Dave and Kelly 2.0

They place same in the intro , same on the freacking first leg...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
The Salvage Pass gave a great Amazing Race Australia moment!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Hope to see it in the US version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
The Salvage Pass gave a great Amazing Race Australia moment!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Hope to see it in the US version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!   :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :groan: