Author Topic: The Glass House  (Read 11990 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
The Glass House
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
 :iok Well ABC has done it! They have given competition to the almighty CBS and their Big Brother long running Reality Show!

'The Glass House': ABC Orders New Reality Series

"The Glass House" is coming for you, "Big Brother." ABC has ordered new reality series "The Glass House," a "Big Brother"-esque competition series, hitting the air in June.

And in "The Glass House," viewers are in charge.

Fourteen contestants will live in a completely wired house and compete against each other for a $250,000 prize. The contestants must also impress the audience. Viewers' votes determine who goes home and the audiences can vote for their favorite player online and via social networks. Additionally, viewers have a say in which eliminated players get the chance to return to "The Glass House."

According to ABC, an online feed will be made available several times a week and viewers can vote on what the players wear, eat, what games they play and where they sleep. Feedback from viewers will also be made available to contestants.

Will you be tuning in to play puppet master with the contestants of "The Glass House"?

"The Glass House" premieres Mon., June 18, 10 p.m. ET on ABC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/the-glass-house-abc-reality-show_n_1465843.html
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
Re: The Glass House
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:15:31 AM »
Why ABC’s new summer live feed series Glass House already seems better than Big Brother

by Andy Dehnart / April 30, 2012, 4:51 PM
comment »
Anyone who watches Big Brother knows that the show is in a rut. Heck, its dumb contestants even know exactly what challenge or twist is happening because they know what day it is. It’s frustrating that CBS and the show’s producers have refused to evolve the game beyond a few lame twists and redecoration of the show’s house.

But there’s hope, thanks to ABC, which is copying Big Brother and turning it into The Glass House, which will follow 14 contestants living in a house and competing for $250,000. The show won’t start taping until the end of May, and it won’t debut until June 18, but on paper, it already seems better than the CBS series it is knocking off. Here are five reasons why:

Interaction between players and viewers. ABC says viewers will “vote to decide everything from what players wear and eat to the games they play, even where they sleep.” That sounds dangerously close to the lame-ass voting Big Brother offers. But here’s the awesome part: “Viewers will also have the chance to give their favorite contestants feedback on their game from outside the house.” ABC notes that “how the contestants use that information is up to them, because in the end it’s about who plays the best social game. The most important alliance players can have is with their fans!”
It’s not clear how this exchange will happen, but the house is “totally wired,” so I hope the contestants will have live, uncensored access to social media—not just filtered, curated, censored comments from a few fans who producers think are cute. Just imagine: actual, real-time interaction with reality TV contestants as they play the game. That would be awesome. ABC, don’t let us down!

The live feeds aren’t 24/7. I’m sure some people will find this to be a major weakness, but the feeds apparently won’t be broadcast all the time, meaning it’ll be possible to have a life and watch the series. ABC says that “several times a week, viewers can watch a live online feed of the players.” I am glad we can have engagement without having to be devoted to staring at morons all day in the hopes that they do something interesting—which, for the last few seasons at least, has not happened with the hamsters.
Viewer votes affect eliminations. Viewer “votes [will be] helping to determine which contestants are sent home and also which eliminated players will earn the chance to return to The Glass House to compete each week.” There’s some hedging there—“helping”—that suggests viewers won’t have full control, perhaps to prevent another season one of BB. I’m anxious to learn more about how voting will work.
High definition. The show will be broadcast in HD; Big Brother never has been and may never be. (Here’s why Big Brother is not in HD.)
It’s produced by a former Big Brother producer. Executive producer Kenny Rosen’s production credits include The Joe Schmo Show (which was brilliant) and Big Brother (up until season eight, apparently), so hopefully he knows what’s broken about the show he worked on.

Let’s hope all this comes together with strong casting to make for a really engaging summer series.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/glass_house/2012_Apr_30_better-than-bb

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:20:06 AM »
Glass House (ABC) Series Premiere Promo [HD]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0yZNcFkYUxI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0yZNcFkYUxI</a>

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »
http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house

SERIES PREMIERE MONDAY JUNE 18 10|9c

Get ready to influence a TV show like never before!

The Glass House will give you unprecedented
power over what happens to the players.

Participate anytime with Daily Polls and Cast Voting
that put you in control.

LIVE STREAMING
  11pm - 3am ET | Mondays
  3pm-4pm ET | Tuesdays-Thursdays

Live streaming  and live voting
will begin on June 11th.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/stream-announcement

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »
Frequently Asked Questions

How does the show work?
When the show begins, fourteen people are living in a house together, participating in challenges - with America making the decisions about what happens in the house. Each week there will be somebody eliminated from the house. The winner is the last person left in the house - as voted on by you, the public!

What are the decisions that America makes to effect what happens in the house?   America will have the opportunity to vote on a variety of things relating to the house. Not only will the public ultimately decide who stays or goes, but it will also influence other show elements like including what the houseguests wear, where they sleep, what they eat, and who gets another shot at the game.

How does a player on the show get removed from the house? 
After losing a challenge, the team captain of the losing team goes to "limbo" - along with another member from the losing team that the house votes on. 

What is "limbo?"
Limbo is where two people from the house go after losing a challenge. It's an area outside of the house where the two people go until one of them is allowed to return to the house. 

How are the captains for the challenges determined? 
The two people with the fewest votes from the public become team captains for that week's challenge. 

How does somebody return to the house from limbo?
America chooses who they think deserves to return to the house. All the power is in the public's hands. 

What happens to the person who America doesn't choose to return to the house?
That person is out of the game permanently. 

How many episodes will air for The Glass House?
Ten episodes will air as part of season 1. 

How can I help determine what happens in the house?
You can influence a variety of events in the house by voting in the Live Stream Voting, the Daily Voting and by choosing your favorites in the house. 

What is the Live Stream Voting?
The Live Stream Voting lets you have real-time influence of events seen during the live stream.   

What is the Daily Voting?
The Daily Voting includes a number of voting opportunities each day through which you can influence events in the house - including major decisions such as who should be given a chance to return to the house from Limbo. This voting impacts on-air episodes. 

How does the voting for favorites work?
You can vote on as few or as many people that you'd like to stay in the house. At the end of the current voting period, the two people with the fewest number of votes become team captains for that week's challenge. 

When does the live streaming occur?
Four hours on Monday evening from 8pm PST to 12am PST - and also Tuesday thru Thursday at 12pm PST.

How can I audition to be on the show?
You can get casting info for Glass House at http://abc.go.com/site/casting

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
ABC “The Glass House” Live Streaming & Live Voting Begins JUNE 11th!
MAY 24, 2012

Get READY Reality Fans for a whole new Experience! You the view will be able to influence a reality TV show like NEVER before! The New ABC Reality TV Show “The Glass House” will allow you the viewer unprecedented POWER to CONTROL what happens to the contestants! You will have 24/7 access to participate in daily Polls and the ability to Cast Votes that put you in the audience in total control. Live Streaming Mondays: 11pm – 3am ET Tuesday – Thursday: 3pm – 4pm ET To vote go the the ABC “The Glass House” website. The Live Streaming & [...]
Read the full article →
ABC Claims Lawsuit is Unfounded – “Big Brother” has no Trade Secrets!
MAY 23, 2012

The ABC Network has released its response to the lawsuit claims filed by CBS about their new reality TV show “The Glass House” saying NOTHING about “Big Brother” is a secret! ABC is officially requesting the judge to dismiss the “over-the-top” lawsuit ASAP as they are not in violation of any copyright infringement” claims as filed by CBS. In the official court documents, ABC asserts that it is “outrageous” to claim that they have stolen any trade secrets in the making of “The Glass House” as “there is nothing secret about editing a program with multiple feeds together or developing [...]
Read the full article →
ABC’s The Glass House Video Promo Commercial
MAY 21, 2012

ABC’s The Glass House First Promotional Commercial has aired! “The Glass House” is set to be the newest reality tv show, that will be interactive allowing the viewing audience to control the game in real-time. “Every Move, Every Secret, EVERYTHING!” – Cheater – Friend or Foe – Tell Me What to Do! – 14 contestants will enter “The Glass House” and live in the totally wired, state of the art house where they will be competing to win the $250,000 grand prize. The interactive part of the game means that the contestants are not just playing against each other, but [...]
Read the full article →
ABC’s “The Glass House” Frequently Asked Questions
MAY 18, 2012

Here is the inside scoop on what to expect from ABC’s New Reality TV Show “The Glass House”. The Glass House is set to première on June 18th, 2012, where 14 contestants will compete in weekly challenges to gain the admiration and votes of the viewing public for the chance to win $250,000. About “The Glass House” On the premiere, 14 contestants will enter the house and compete in challenges that America will be deciding what happens in the house. Every week one contestant will be evicted from the house, where the last contestant remaining in the house wins the [...]
Read the full article →
CBS Follows Through with Lawsuit Threats Against ABC’s “The Glass House” Reality Show
MAY 16, 2012

ABC’s new reality TV show “The Glass House” has caused quite the controversy due to the remarkable similarity between it and CBS’s summer hit Big Brother. Big Brother is set to premiere season 14 on July 12th, 2012 and ABC is trying to beat them to the punch with their new show airing 3 weeks before it on June 18th, 2012. CBS is not happy about the similarities between the two shows and sent ABC a cease and desist order in regards to all of the plans for the new reality show “The Glass House”. CBS is claiming that this [...]
Read the full article →
ABC’s “The Glass House” Reality TV Show a Mirror Image of CBS’s Big Brother
MAY 16, 2012

ABC’s “The Glass House” Première’s June 18th, 2012 The ABC Television Network is not one to sit back and lose their viewing audience during the summer to their Network rivals CBS. During the summer months the television programming is often hit or miss but there is always one show that consistently breaks the viewer ratings, that show is CBS’s Big Brother Reality TV Show! In an attempt to tape into America’s love of Reality TV shows, ABC has scheduled the launch of their very own reality TV show that has striking similarities to CBS’s Big Brother series. ABC announced that [...]
Read the full article →

http://www.abctheglasshouse.com/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
Michynkrs ‏@Michynkrs
@ABC_Glass_House There's no mention of $$ for the live steaming vids. IS it going 2 B FREE all the way or R U going to have a monthly fee?
 Reply  Delete  Favorite

ABCs The Glass House ‏@ABC_Glass_House
@Michynkrs FREE LIVE STREAMING video Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4m
 Hide conversation
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
1:05 PM - 24 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

@ABC_Glass_House That's AWESOME!! cant wait to spread the GOOD NEWS!!!! I'll be Watching and Transcribing! WOOHOO! RT: @Michynkrs FREE LIVE STREAMING video Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »
It's very pretty interesting..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Of4J-4BZd44?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Of4J-4BZd44?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:12:40 AM »
All I can say right now is.... HMMMMMMMMM!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
This should be interesting, it premieres Mon., June 18, 10/9 PM ET/CT on ABC.

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Hey TL i think we need a board for our Newest BB wannabe. LOL!
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

I agree! I'm on it.  :lol:

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

I agree! I'm on it.  :lol:

Let me know if you need A Logo for the Board :)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
Sure! Send it to me. :)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »
Awesome!!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

Four hours on Monday evening from 8pm PST to 12am PST - and also Tuesday thru Thursday at 12pm PST.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
some on tell me rules of glass house do win hoh like dam big brother

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »
 You can find the answers listed here to FAQ's :tup:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27247.msg757545.html#msg757545

We won't know for sure  till the show starts :D

some on tell me rules of glass house do win hoh like dam big brother

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »

With streaming times like that, I guess they are hoping people will watch the show more than live feeds.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
Nooooooo Bb is enough! Tell ABC we don't have time for this  )-**
delightful just delightful

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »

Oh come on Kat, you live here anyways. LOL!

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »
The Offical Glass House Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/TheGlassHouse

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
EW.com has posted a Concept Art photo of what the Glass House, will look like.  According to the article the actual "house" isn't finished yet.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/04/abc-glass-house-photo/

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
ABC has released a new commerical promoting The Glass House:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENUul5jUKDw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ENUul5jUKDw</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

THIS.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.