Author Topic: TAR 21 Predictions  (Read 56823 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Predictions
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »
I predict we're going to have an awesome time following the race around the world!  :jam:

Second this!!

Who needs sleep?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
I am guessing since they only visited India and Japan for Season 20 and they are bound to touch Asia (More like South-east Asia or Asian countries) for every season...

20: India and Japan
19: Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand
18: Japan, China, India
17: Bangladesh, Hong Kong, South Korea
16: Malaysia, Singapore, China
15: Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia
14: India, Thailand, China

From what we can see, they try to visit China (or part of China like Hong Kong or Taiwan every season... and TAR 20 is an exception with no Chinese countries at all as well as TAR 15)

I predict at least 2 legs in China (with one of it being NEL -_-), no more Japan and India. No India, but not ruling out places like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh again.

TAR also really like Malaysia and there's many places not visited in Malaysia as well. So if they're visiting Malaysia, they might make a trip down to Singapore again like TAR 3 and TAR 16.

I have a feeling they will be visiting at least 1 middle east country in Asia such as Kuwait, Turkey, Oman, Kazakhstan and Israel. They might visit Israel if they want to clog up new countries which they can use in their previews.

I also think, Philippines is due for a visit too.

Asian countries I would really like to see would be Philippines and Laos or Brunei.

But gut feeling tells me China will definitely be visited and the other 2 asian countries will most probably be Cambodia/Vietnam and Sri Lanka/Bangladesh.

Since when was Kazakhstan in the Middle East? ???

Wouldn't it be in Central Asia (along with all the other 'Stans' bar Pakistan)?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »
Well the race has started and I'm holding out hope for a night start somewhere on the east coast.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »
I am speculating that a 3-4 continent race this season in this order (Asia-Africa-Europe-North America) with between 2-5 new countries
These are the possible new countries that could be visited this season:
-Laos (Hopefully)
-2nd Asian Country (Nepal or Qatar)
-New African Country (Cameroon or Gabon)
-New European Countries (Bulgaria, Latvia, Serbia, Monaco, or Luxembourg)
These are the returning countries that I hope could be visited this season (some of them):
-Vietnam (Central Vietnam)
-Spain (Madrid)
-Portugal (Lisbon)
-Finland (Helsinki)
-Turkey (Izmir or Anatyla)
-Iceland (Reykjavik)
 :conf:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:59:17 AM by mjriches2005 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
I am guessing since they only visited India and Japan for Season 20 and they are bound to touch Asia (More like South-east Asia or Asian countries) for every season...

20: India and Japan
19: Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand
18: Japan, China, India
17: Bangladesh, Hong Kong, South Korea
16: Malaysia, Singapore, China
15: Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia
14: India, Thailand, China

From what we can see, they try to visit China (or part of China like Hong Kong or Taiwan every season... and TAR 20 is an exception with no Chinese countries at all as well as TAR 15)

I predict at least 2 legs in China (with one of it being NEL -_-), no more Japan and India. No India, but not ruling out places like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh again.

TAR also really like Malaysia and there's many places not visited in Malaysia as well. So if they're visiting Malaysia, they might make a trip down to Singapore again like TAR 3 and TAR 16.

I have a feeling they will be visiting at least 1 middle east country in Asia such as Kuwait, Turkey, Oman, Kazakhstan and Israel. They might visit Israel if they want to clog up new countries which they can use in their previews.

I also think, Philippines is due for a visit too.

Asian countries I would really like to see would be Philippines and Laos or Brunei.

But gut feeling tells me China will definitely be visited and the other 2 asian countries will most probably be Cambodia/Vietnam and Sri Lanka/Bangladesh.

Since when was Kazakhstan in the Middle East? ???

Wouldn't it be in Central Asia (along with all the other 'Stans' bar Pakistan)?

Is it in Central Asia.. but still near the Middle East? :lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2012, 03:17:03 AM »
Kinda... It's north of India and west of China. Look it up on Google Maps if you want more info! But it is in the area squashed between Europe and Asia.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
Kinda... It's north of India and west of China. Look it up on Google Maps if you want more info! But it is in the area squashed between Europe and Asia.

Kazakhstan is in Central Asia!!  Its west of China and Mongolia and south of Russia/Siberia!!  :groan:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »
nvm

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »
I made some predictions above on where the 2nd leg will not be. Now, please remember that there are hundreds of places in Asia where it might be. I think the most interesting of those in Urumqi in the far west of China in Szechuan province,but it has no better than about a 1% chance of being the second leg destination.

addie

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »
I'm suspecting another leg in China. Pre-AllStars, we had a visit to China four times (TAR14, 16, 17, 18), and except for season 17, all of them had two/three legs in China. If we don't visit a new city, I will be screaming. My top 3 would be:
1. Hangzhou (West Lake is beautiful)
2. Chengdu (Pandas <333)
3. Nanjing

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
And I was right with China. :lol:

TAR loves China.

Language barrier + Hot temperature + Completely different culture = GOOD TV

I remembered the last time we had a first leg in China (TAR 10), I really enjoyed the season and first leg too! :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
And after China, other possibilities could be Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia or.... Malaysia, I guess. Keep a lookout! (I'm going to go with gut feeling that they won't visit Thailand again! </3)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »
And after China, other possibilities could be Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia or.... Malaysia, I guess. Keep a lookout! (I'm going to go with gut feeling that they won't visit Thailand again! </3)

If they do visit Thailand again, I hope its Chiang Mai.  It hasn't been visited since Season 2.  I think we already seen enough of Bangkok and Phuket.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
sorry, I meant this to go on the AR21 Transportation thread, which is where it is now
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:50:58 PM by apskip »

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
Since we know their next destination, I hope they'll still stay in the same country for the next leg
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »
I have a feeling that after Surabaya we will go to Brunei.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:34 AM »
Since we know their next destination, I hope they'll still stay in the same country for the next leg

I really hope that after this leg, they're going to Jakarta! Capital city is a MUST! :jam:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2012, 01:05:11 AM »

I really hope that after this leg, they're going to Jakarta! Capital city is a MUST! :jam:

Just FYI,

Surabaya is a gateway to reach the eastern part of Indonesia,
they might as well go to the eastern regions such as Komodo Island, or North Sulawesi (Bunaken National Underwater Park) or straight down to Australia or NZ...  ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:55 AM »

Just FYI,

Surabaya is a gateway to reach the eastern part of Indonesia,
they might as well go to the eastern regions such as Komodo Island, or North Sulawesi (Bunaken National Underwater Park) or straight down to Australia or NZ...  ;)
If they're going to Komodo Island or North Sulawesi after that, I'll be REALLY HAPPY for it!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2012, 01:12:54 AM »
I think they will go to one of India/Sri lanka/Bangladesh/Nepal for obvious reason :lol:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2012, 01:51:28 AM »
I think they will go to one of India/Sri lanka/Bangladesh/Nepal for obvious reason :lol:
I think that they won't go to India this time, since they've done two legs on previous race. And I don't think that Bangladesh will be visited this time. However, Sri Lanka and Nepal is a possibility. :)

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:27 AM »
I think it will be double leg in Indonesia. They go to Bangkalan, East Java. maybe next destination such as bali, lombok, or province in sulawesi or Papua. I Hope they would visit Raja Ampat or Wakatobi :)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2012, 04:46:41 AM »
Im pretty sure most of us think that Leg 5 of TAR19 was unplanned
I mean, even though it ended up being an exciting episode once in Bangkok, it was terrible leg architecture

so I think that the leg that was cancelled will be done after Indonesia, and i did my research, and based on that i think the cancelled leg was LAOS  :tup:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:06:54 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »

If they do visit Thailand again, I hope its Chiang Mai.  It hasn't been visited since Season 2.  I think we already seen enough of Bangkok and Phuket.
Second this.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »
Hopefully,there will be Nepal,Central Asian countries and