Author Topic: TARAus2 Episode 1 (The Philipines) Episode Discussion Thread *Spoilers*  (Read 12668 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
EP01/EP02?: Sydney, Australia to Manila, Philippines and Legazpi, Philippines
EVIDENCE: Instgram Post

Film Date: NOV 18 - 20?
Air Date: TBA

Leg Route/Tasks:
TRANSPORT TO STARTLINE: Seaplanes
EVIDENCE: Here, Airport office confirmed teams were flying with them but no indications on numbers

START LINE: Royal Botanical Gardens
EVIDENCE:  Here

STARTLINE TASK: Puzzle involving removing a car from a maze
EVIDENCE: Here, Advertisements

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Manila, Philippines
FLIGHT INFO: PR210 Scheduled 12:10pm, Departed 1:15pm
EVIDENCE: Here, Airport office confirmed teams were flying with them but no indications on numbers

TASK: Eat Balut in Quiapo
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: F/F Blond Pinks are LAST to leave the task
EVIDENCE: Here

POSSIBLE DESTINATIONS: Legazpi Airport, Lignon Hill, Mt. Mayon, Cagraray Island and Misibis Bay

DETOUR: Jig and Pig at Cagsawa Ruins
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: TARA4 Copy

TASK: Raft building?
EVIDENCE: Advertisment

ASSUMED PITSTOP: Misibis Bay Resorts
EVIDENCE: TARA4 and Here

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia, Sue and Theresa, Ross & Tarryn, Sam and Geoff, Adam & Dane, James & Sarah
Possibly Eliminated: Unknown
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:18:42 PM by BayBay »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Australia returns longer, tougher and more challenging than ever as racers vie for the $250,000 prize. Eleven new diverse teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across four continents on a route which includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations. Unsure of what lies ahead, the unrelenting race will test their stamina and personal relationships. Tonight, the racers depart Sydney for their stop, The Philippines. Here teams face a tough challenge at a village fiesta before the most exhausting race to the pit stop ever. And the new Salvage Pass promises to shake up the race.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:14:52 AM by BayBay »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From the Channel Seven TV guide, it's a one and a half hour Premiere!!  :yess:

The Amazing Race Australia
9:00pm - 10:30pm

The Amazing Race Australia returns longer, tougher and more challenging than ever as racers vie for the $250,000 prize. Eleven new diverse teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across four continents on a route which includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations. Unsure of what lies ahead, the unrelenting race will test their stamina and personal relationships. Tonight, the racers depart Sydney for their stop, The Philippines. Here teams face a tough challenge at a village fiesta before the most exhausting race to the pit stop ever. And the new Salvage Pass promises to shake up the race.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Anyone else willing to bet the "build a raft" task is how they're getting to the Pit Stop?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Anyone else willing to bet the "build a raft" task is how they're getting to the Pit Stop?

I am...  :hoot:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
So excited! :hearts: And so happy that it's a 90-minute premiere!!! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster

I am wondering if this thread could be the LIVE commentary thread for international viewers...

so we don't have to make a new one? maybe a little sticky would be nice? hehe  :)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think you can put the information on location already, besides, it has been common knowledge for at least a week.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster

BayBay is M.I.A  :'(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is my knowledge (and speculation) of this episode:

Starting Line: Royal Botanic Gardens
RI: Make your way on foot to the boats at the Sydney Opera House jetty and choose a boat to take you to the Sydney Ports Marine Services on Barangaroo
RI: Drive yourself to Kingsford Smith Airport and fly to Manila, Philippines! (all teams on flight PR210) But first you must get your car out of the car maze before you go anywhere
RI: Once you have landed in Manila, take a taxi to Plaza Miranda and eat _ balut eggs, a local delicacy in the Philippines
RI: Take a bus ride to Legazpi City. Once there make your way to Cagsawa Ruins where you will receive you next clue
DETOUR: Jig or Pig. Jig - learn traditional dance. Pig - each team member must catch a pig.
RI: Make your way to Misbis Bay Eco Park and build a raft from scratch. Use the raft to travel across the bay to Bahi Beach. From there you must follow the marked path to the Pit Stop at the resort. WARNING: The last team to check in MAY be eliminated

I made this up from my knowledge of spoilers and promos, I have no idea if there's a RB

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
nvm.. Peach create a new one..  :lol:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Great episode, despite it being like TAR Asia but 99% of the viewers wouldnt know that. Who thinks the Italian Girls still should have been penalised for getting help making the raft?? Also the salvage pass was silly really, but could be a $250,000 lifeline for the girls.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Who thinks the Italian Girls still should have been penalised for getting help making the raft??

Well if there was nothing in the clue about whether or not they could get help, then they didn't break any race rules, and so I don't think they should've been penalised. :tup:

Besides, I love them so much!!!! Best personalities on the race for mine <33333333333333333333333 :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
Does it mean from this season and so on, all the first leg= pre-determined elimination leg, and let the first team to choose either saving the last team or get only one hour head start?  :groan: :groan: :groan:

The Salvage Pass is kinda lame!  (:;) (:;) (:;)
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
James and Sarah will be doing a live Q & A in 5 minutes on the Yahoo 7 website: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/live-chat/

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
Does it mean from this season and so on, all the first leg= pre-determined elimination leg, and let the first team to choose either saving the last team or get only one hour head start?  :groan: :groan: :groan:

The Salvage Pass is kinda lame!  (:;) (:;) (:;)

Dad & daughter should have taken the 1-hour head start for the next leg instead of saving the Italian sisters as, from the looks of it the sisters are one of the weaker teams & may not survive the next leg but, airports being the GREAT equalizer, may neutralize that 1-hour lead!  :duno:

The sisters and the alpha males should have been penalized for using locals to build their rafts BUT seeing that BOTH teams are at fault, and being the last 2 teams, then the penalties for both teams are just a formality. However, the producers should penalize both teams to tell the world that it's a NO-NO to get outside help...

And what a slap on Paul's face with that I'm the best racer stuff BUT was unable to build a simple raft! Here's hoping that they'll get eliminated soon...  :tup:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
The ratings are in

888,000 across the 5
297,000 in Sydney
240,000 in Melbourne
149,000 in Brisbane
105,000 in Adleade
97,000 in Perth

The show came 1st in the timeslot.
478,000 in the 18-49
500 000 in the 25-54

Althought the ratings are just ok , you have to consider it did finsh at around 10:30, which would haev brung down the avarage.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
The ratings are in

888,000 across the 5
297,000 in Sydney
240,000 in Melbourne
149,000 in Brisbane
105,000 in Adleade
97,000 in Perth

The show came 1st in the timeslot.
478,000 in the 18-49
500 000 in the 25-54

Althought the ratings are just ok , you have to consider it did finsh at around 10:30, which would haev brung down the avarage.
Thanks, I've created a thred for all this seasons ratings here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27279.0.html
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Very good first episode.  Unfortunately the rip I downloaded missed a part of the show before the detour, but it had most of it.

Happy to see in the intro the presenter say they 'could be eliminated' at pitstops, rather than 'will be'.  We know there are non-elimination legs so it annoys me when Phil always says 'will be eliminated'.

The car maze was a good idea, the eating task less so but it was edited well, the detour was ok particularly with the pigs.  The best part was the raft challege though.  I liked the initiative to use local help and I really wish that had saved them from last place, so that annoyed me.

The salvage pass isn't a bad idea, though I felt it was likely to make it a non-elimination unless the winning team disliked the team last for some reason.  A one hour head start will probably crumble away because of bunching at some point in many legs.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member

Dad & daughter should have taken the 1-hour head start for the next leg instead of saving the Italian sisters as, from the looks of it the sisters are one of the weaker teams & may not survive the next leg but, airports being the GREAT equalizer, may neutralize that 1-hour lead!  :duno:

The sisters and the alpha males should have been penalized for using locals to build their rafts BUT seeing that BOTH teams are at fault, and being the last 2 teams, then the penalties for both teams are just a formality. However, the producers should penalize both teams to tell the world that it's a NO-NO to get outside help...

They showed great initiative getting  local help, and nothing said they couldn't use help.  I wish that had stopped them getting last place but obviously they weren't strong enough to paddle against the other team.

If you are saving someone better to use it to help a weaker team than a strong one.  And a one hour head start isn't that much.

Great episode, despite it being like TAR Asia but 99% of the viewers wouldnt know that.

I haven't seen that much of TARA yet, but from what I have seen I definitely think this version is different and more professionaly done.  So I'm not sure about that comparison.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:31:00 AM by starrynight »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member

They showed great initiative getting  local help, and nothing said they couldn't use help.

I think this is a grey area - can u use local help or not?

In TAR 19, one team that took the First Class bus to Bangkok thought that this may be the equivalent to the 1st class flight seats & doubled back to the starting bus station to take the "normal" bus - Phil did explain that it was alright to take that 1st class bus.

Racers must then read the clues to decide - a wrong decision could cause them a 30-minute penalty.

Likewise the producers should add more info such as "The team must build a raft by themselves..." or something to that effect.

BUT then when a clue says "Drive yourselves to...", racers can pay a taxi to direct them there... so like I wrote earlier, it's a grey area...  :duno: :duno:

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
What does "whinging" mean?  :duno:

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
What does "whinging" mean?  :duno:

It's sort of simillar to whining, but more annoying.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
I've lived in the Philippines for a while and have heard of balut eggs. I've seen a couple and I would not eat it for anything except for the Amazing Race.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
OKAY. I know I'm months behind but I just decided to catch the very first episode.

I just finished watching the introduction of the teams as well as the teams introduction video... about 15 mins of the show and I have to come all the way here to RFF here to exclaim my excitement as I couldn't contain it.

THE INTRO VIDEOS LOOKS AMAZING! HOW COME WE DON'T GET THAT ON THE USA VERSIONS??? IT'S REALLY GOOD, IT'S LIKE EVERY TEAM HAD A GREAT GORGEOUS LOCATION TO FILM THEIR INTRODUCTION VIDEOS!!

Whatever they are doing for TARAUS AMAZING RACE TEAM... THEY ARE DOING IT RIGHT!!

:luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: