Author Topic: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!  (Read 65848 times)

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 09:17:22 AM »
I'm sorry to say that the cousins will get eliminated next episode. Hope it doesn't make you disappointed
I don't know where you get that because according to my spoiler, it's different.

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2012, 10:58:20 AM »
How do you know. is their any episode already up?.  :duno:

Of course it isn't on air yet. But my friend told me the teams' rank. And the cousin is the next team leaving TAR (I hope not cuz I love them)

I don't know where you get that because according to my spoiler, it's different.

Yeah, it seems your spoiler is different from mine :| So we just wait and see. I'll cross my fingers for them

to zeeyyy: if you understand VNese, you'll get more "insider" news on TARV from its fanpage or the other VNese forums. Teams also join and chat with us. They're so friendly and funny

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »
Yeah, it seems your spoiler is different from mine :| So we just wait and see. I'll cross my fingers for them
to zeeyyy: if you understand VNese, you'll get more "insider" news on TARV from its fanpage or the other VNese forums. Teams also join and chat with us. They're so friendly and funny
OK, but you better not spoil here.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »
So my spoiler is right, at least for now :lol:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

Thanks for the heads up but sorry I don't understand Vietnamese...  :)

I find the TARV teams much more friendlier than the US teams - no "BIG" fight, no sabotage, no hard feelings after being U-turned... and much more funnier...  :tup:

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
OK, but you better not spoil here.
So, what we need to do here? ;)

The leg yesterday was boring. The editor just focused on the Detour instead of the other interesting tasks, like kayaking, diving to find the clue or crossing footbridge to take the clue. I just begin love the two Chaus, and then they’ve gone  :gaah:

Nha Trang Bay is so beautiful but I can't see it on the film too. The camera crews were really bad  (:;)

My fav team is the athletic couple. Hope they could win :)

So my spoiler is right, at least for now :lol:
Yup. you're right. How embarrassing!  :-[

Thanks for the heads up but sorry I don't understand Vietnamese...  :)

I find the TARV teams much more friendlier than the US teams - no "BIG" fight, no sabotage, no hard feelings after being U-turned... and much more funnier...  :tup:
If you don’t understand Vietnamese, how can you know TARV teams are funny? :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:15:47 PM by lepnit304 »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
So for what and how long were the travelers penalized?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:29:59 PM by Best Loser »

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
So for what and how long were the travelers penalized?

Because they pulled the fishing nets up to catch fish easier, so they were penalized 45 minutes

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »
If you don’t understand Vietnamese, how can you know TARV teams are funny? :)

From their body language - the smiles, the laughter - I don't see much of these in the US version...  :lol:

My fav team's the couple as I like to watch them, especially the hubby-to-be who's so funny in his actions and he has that "smiling face" look.   )-**

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 12:43:04 AM »
From their body language - the smiles, the laughter - I don't see much of these in the US version...  :lol:

My fav team's the couple as I like to watch them, especially the hubby-to-be who's so funny in his actions and he has that "smiling face" look.   )-**

You mean the athletic couple, right? I love them too. The hubby-to-be (he’s real hubby now) surprised me a lot. When he said he had won the gold medal in a cyclo racing (leg 7), I thought he’s joking. But one of the professional travelers (the guy with glasses) has confirmed it is true and added that he’s also a rock star (cool guy)  :jam:

The editor said that this leg was boring because the tasks seem too easy for all teams to perform, except the cousins in kayaking ...

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »
So, what we need to do here? ;)

The leg yesterday was boring. The editor just focused on the Detour instead of the other interesting tasks, like kayaking, diving to find the clue or crossing footbridge to take the clue. I just begin love the two Chaus, and then they’ve gone  :gaah:

Nha Trang Bay is so beautiful but I can't see it on the film too. The camera crews were really bad  (:;)

My fav team is the athletic couple. Hope they could win :)

At least put them
Show content
here
I agree that leg 8 was boring. The editors and crews sure were bad (especially Dustin :groan:). And seems like they don't have much background music. The one at the roadblock was very weird. Also the 45-minute penalty was too much. TARV has some very weird rules like no showing tattoos and this. I wonder if any gay teams will make it to the show. I just hope they'll improve next season )-**

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
At least put them
Show content
here
I agree that leg 8 was boring. The editors and crews sure were bad (especially Dustin :groan:). And seems like they don't have much background music. The one at the roadblock was very weird. Also the 45-minute penalty was too much. TARV has some very weird rules like no showing tattoos and this. I wonder if any gay teams will make it to the show. I just hope they'll improve next season )-**

Oops, I’m sorry. I’m new here. I’ll be more careful from now on. Thnks!

Haha, I think we have a gay team (or even more) this season already. Haven’t you heard Richie always said about the actors that “Baggio and his boyfriend …” On leg 8, I swear I had some dark thoughts when I saw them being very intimate with each other.

Show content

Or maybe my feeling was suck and Richie’s just joking

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
Oops, I’m sorry. I’m new here. I’ll be more careful from now on. Thnks!

Haha, I think we have a gay team (or even more) this season already. Haven’t you heard Richie always said about the actors that “Baggio and his boyfriend …” On leg 8, I swear I had some dark thoughts when I saw them being very intimate with each other.

Show content

Or maybe my feeling was suck and Richie’s just joking
Of course Richie's just joking. He has nicknames for all teams and actors' my favorite :lol:

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
Of course Richie's just joking. He has nicknames for all teams and actors' my favorite :lol:
Yeah, I love the way Richie names each team. Racers and editor also say Baggio is a real man   :yess:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 03:01:34 AM »
Ep 8 Recap
Starting time:
#1 Cousins 7:25am
#2 Brothers 7:32am
#3 Châus 7:34am
#4 Travelers 7:36am
#5 Actors 9:55am
#6 Couple 10:04am

Route Info: Travel to Nha Trang City Cultural House, Nha Trang.

Detour: Soft or Tough
Soft: Make a 5-star hotel bed. All teams chose this detour.
Tough: Make 16 bowls of noodle from dough.
Both detours directed teams to the highest bar in Nha Trang, which was in 28th floor of Sheraton Hotel.
Choice quotes:
"In this race, we ate lots of noddle so when I heard the word "noodle", I felt scared while "bed" was more comfortable." -- Minh Châu explained why they chose the detour.
"This is 15th floor so it's OK to jump right? No need to go to the hospital." -- Tuấn Anh felt frustrated when they couldn't find the wrong detail.
"Can I keep the room key? I want to sleep here tonight." -- Minh Hoŕng
#1 Travelers (+3)
#2 Couple (+4)
#3 Cousins (-2)
#4 Châus (-1)
#5 Brothers (-3)
#6 Actors (-1)

Route Info: Make your way to Bao Dai Dock and take a speed boat to Anh Tín Fish Raft. Here, catch 3 fishes using only the net. Then swim back with the fishes to receive your next clue.
#1 Travelers (=)
#2 Cousins (+1)
#3 Couple (-1)
#4 Actors (+2)
#5 Brothers (=)
#6 Châus (=)

Route Info: Ride a kayak to a marked sea area, dive into the water, find and untie your next clue.
#1 Travelers (=)
#2 Couple (+1)
#3 Cousins (-1)
#4 Actors (=)
#5 Brothers (=)
#6 Châus (=)

Roadblock: Who's not easy to be shaky?
One team member had to walk on a cầu khỉ (monkey bridge) and reach the clue hanging at the end.
#1 Travelers (=)
#2 Couple (=)
#3 Actors (+1)
#4 Cousins (-1)
#5 Brothers (=)
#6 Châus (=)

Route Info: Travel to Po Nagar Towers, the pit stop for this leg of the race.
#1 Couple (+1) (won 2 nights at Vinpearl Hotel, Nha Trang)
#2 Travelers (-1) (arrived 1st but received a 45-minute penalty for pulling the fishing nets up to catch fish easier)
#3 Actors (=)
#4 Cousins (=)
#5 Brothers (=)
#6 Châus (Eliminated)
Choice quotes:
"When you see me, I want a big smile on your face. You look so dangerous." -- Phương Thảo to Dustin :lol:
"I'll leave the 1st place for the finale." -- Chí Běnh

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
This week's episode was awesome and funny  :jam: The U-Turn will return next week. Can't wait to see! Hope my fav couple still alive  :hearts:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:01:49 AM by lepnit304 »

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2012, 10:54:31 AM »
Ep 9 Recap
Starting time:
#1: Couple 5:15am
#2: Travelers 5:35am
#3: Actors 5:36am
#4: Cousins 5:37am
#5: Brothers 6am

Route Info: Travel by bus to Da Lat City and find Bao Dai Summer Palace. You have 870,000 VND for this leg of the race. The first bus left at 7am so everyone was in the same bus. Teams found the clue box at 3rd Palace, also known as Bao Dai Summer Palace.
#1: Cousins (+3)
#2: Travelers (=)
#3: Actors (=)
#4: Couple (-3)
#5: Brothers (=)

Route Info: arrange a flower vase as close to the sample. Teams had to memorize and then collect the exact number of flowers to arrange the flower vase.
#1: Travelers (+1)
#2: Cousins (-1)
#3: Couple (+1)
#4: Brothers (+1)
#5: Actors (-2)

Roadblock: Who’s feeling hot?
One team member had to walk down to Prenn Fall, cross the streams to reach the 2nd Fall. Then they had to abseil down to pick up the clue and go back to their partner.
#1: Travelers (=)
#2: Cousins (=)
#3: Couple (=)
#4: Brothers (=)
#5: Actors (=)

Route Info: Travel to Xuan Huong Lake and find your next clue.

Roadblock: Bullseye!
The other member of the team had to perform this roadblock. They had to dress as K’Ho people, ride a horse to pick up the arrows and use the crossbow to shoot them into the bullseye.
#1: Actors (+4)
#3: Travelers (-2)
#5: Couple (-2)

Route Info: Travel to Da Lat Market.

Route Info: Leave all your backpacks and money at the market. You are given 500,000 VND to buy 1 sweater, 12 eggs, 1kg of rice, a box of noodle, 8 milk cans, 1kg of avocado, a pomelo and a watermelon. Then transfer them by tandem bicycle to Lam Dong Sponsoring Center.

Route Info: Go back to the market, take your stuffs and travel to Da Lat Cable Car Station, the pit stop for this leg of the race.
#1: Actors (=) (won 2 nights at Saigon Dalat Hotel)
#3: Brothers (+1)
#4: Travelers (-1)
#5: Couple (=) (NEL)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:23:21 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:17 AM »
What's the penalty levied on the couple for coming in last in the NEL?  :'(

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »
What's the penalty levied on the couple for coming in last in the NEL?  :'(
They were marked for elimination. Hopefully they won't be eliminated. I'd love to see the actors get U-Turned next week :wohoo:

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2012, 01:58:19 AM »
I don't think the couple will be eliminated next week, I'm worried for the purple team
Show content
I heard some rumors say that the couple is the winner :conf: But rumors cannot be trusted, but who knows  :)

So next week, maybe they will travel to Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan province. In teaser, I see they will row coracles, travel on a bullock cart, race motorcycles on the sand dunes, ...

Here is insider news that one of the professional travelers, “grand-aunt” Long (the guy with glasses), told us

This episode (Ep 09) has a very interesting detail, that is

When we’re traveling from Nha Trang to Da Lat by bus at 8.00am, each of us just eat a Vietnamese pork sandwich which is sold in front of bus station at Nha Trang to appease our hunger. As a result, we totally feel belly- pinched at noon. However, because we are on the race, we all must evince that we are tough and strong to avoid the contempt of the other teams. Each team superciliously stares at the other teams and says something like “What? Hungry? Piece of cake!” The scene in which some guys spontaneously sing as you see on TV, it’s not because they enjoy life or the trip, but because they’re too hungry to sleep, so they sing to forget their hungers, and they all sing sad songs …

When the bus was nearly at Dalat, the driver is very understanding when he stops at a rest area for us, including the passengers to go pee pee … What? We are hungry, and now, have to pass water? Alright, whatever! A piss shot and we have nothing to store now. After “picking flowers,” (= having a piss) passengers’ faces are suffused with delight, but our faces become paler and paler. Becgie (he means Baggio) is naturally strong as an ox, “meaty” and “fatty”, but now, just because of starvation, he has to leave his pride to declare “I suggest when arriving to Da Lat, our teams take a break for having lunch and then race whatever race you want.” “Clap! Clap!” A ripple of applause runs through the racers.

Arriving to bus station at Dalat, I slowly get off the bus. Remembering my brother’s oath, the first thing I do is having a glance at any restaurants nearby. Suddenly, my old man, Mr Binh, pulls my arms. “Run! Run! They all run away!” I’m frightened looking around. Hmm … over there! The guys who enthusiastically voted for stopping the race to eat just a few minutes ago; now they’re leading all teams in skipping lunch to race. They’re running towards the cab as if they are chased by dogs. I also have to break my butt to run after them. So we run, run and run until night without having meals. From Nha Trang to Dalat with a loaf of bread …

I completely lose my trust in people!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:20:36 AM by lepnit304 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »

Route Info: Go back to the market, take your stuffs and travel to Da Lat Cable Car Station, the pit stop for this leg of the race.
#1: Actors (=) (won 2 nights at Saigon Dalat Hotel)
#3: Travelers (=)
#5: Couple (=) (NEL)

It should be:-

#3: Brothers
#4: Travelers

:)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2012, 07:21:46 AM »
I don't think the couple will be eliminated next week, I'm worried for the purple team
Show content
I heard some rumors say that the couple is the winner :conf: But rumors cannot be trusted, but who knows  :)

Show content
If this is true then congrats to the couple as they had their wedding recently!  :tup:

Here is insider news that one of the professional travelers, “grand-aunt” Long (the guy with glasses), told us

When we’re traveling from Nha Trang to Da Lat by bus at 8.00am, each of us just eat a Vietnamese pork sandwich...

Why didn't they buy 2 or more sandwiches???  :duno: :duno: unless they don't have enough money...  :duno:

...I completely lose my trust in people!!!

Ah ha! Could this be the start of the rivalry as seen on the US edition???  :ascared :ascared

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Show content
If this is true then congrats to the couple as they had their wedding recently!  :tup:

Show content
I hope so but it seems that the other teams are stronger  :'(

Why didn't they buy 2 or more sandwiches???  :duno: :duno: unless they don't have enough money...  :duno:

They had some milk boxes and sausages in their backpacks but they didn’t eat either cuz they just concentrated to race. “Grand-aunt” Long said he also snatched a drink of milk when waiting Sugar Beet (Mr Binh) played his roadblock. The teams often ate after finishing their races  :)

Ah ha! Could this be the start of the rivalry as seen on the US edition???  :ascared :ascared

I don’t know. I think he’s just joking here. I’m afraid that we won’t have much dramas or fierce rivalries in this season because most racers are too cute and nice with each others  :ghug:

Last Friday, the racers had a reunion party  :keeta: at Baggio’s restaurant and watched episode 9 together. Some were absent. The newlywed went to Phan Thiet for paragliding, Mrs Chau traveled to Dalat with her family, Mr Binh has a new love, the purple team was still in Hanoi cuz they worked at night (I’m not sure) …
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:34:42 PM by lepnit304 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »
TQ lepnit304 for the pic and info.  :tup:

Yes, they're too ASIAN to fight over this race...

Didn't know Baggio has a restaurant. He's also an actor, per the credits...  :conf:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2012, 01:46:35 AM »
Yes, they're too ASIAN to fight over this race...
Trust me they are friendly and nice, but when it comes to U-Turn, I don't think anyone will waste it :lol: