The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!

<< < (34/35) > >>

anhgau2007:
Fun fact: Minh Hoàng and Chí Bình (of the travelers) have known each other before the race. They did a nude photo shoot together. :lol3:

anhgau2007:
Finale Recap
#1: Actors 8am
#2: Brothers 9am
#3: Couple (not shown :duno:)

Route Info: Travel on foot to Canh Doi Park. Here, teams had to learn and perform a dance to receive the next clue.
#1: Actors (=)
#2: Brothers (=)
#3: Couple (=)

Route Info: Travel by taxi to PepsiCo at Amata Industrial Park, Bien Hoa, Dong Nai to receive your next clue.
#1: Brothers (+1)
#2: Actors (-1)

Route Info: Teams had to use 286 boxes of Sting to build a pyramid with 6 layers. They had to figure out that the number of Sting boxes for each layer is 1, 9, 25, 49, 81 and 121.
#1: Actors (+1)
#2: Brothers (-1)

Route Info: Travel to Hung Dao Container Area to receive your next clue.
#2: Brothers (=)

Roadblock: One team member had to successfully walk through a 10cm width iron to receive the next clue.
#1: Brothers (Thanh Bằng, 1 attempt) (+1) :yess:
#2: Actors (Baggio, 5 attempts) (-1)
#3: Couple (Phương Thảo, 2 attempts) (=)

Roadblock: wants to be a action hero?
In this second roadblock, the other team member had 2 minutes to learn some martial art moves. Then they had to run away from 2 motorbikes while keeping the flag on their backpacks, jump up and down a container, climb up a rope ladder, fight an enemy using the martial art moves learnt and finally break the wall to escape. All racers perform this roadblock had cramp. Thành Chung’s injured arm from last leg also made him stop racing for almost 2 hours.
#1: Actors (Thành Phúc, 6 attempts) (+1)
#2: Couple (Minh Hoàng, 5 attempts) (+1)
#3: Brothers (Thành Chung, 5 attempts) (-2)

Route Info: Make your way to the finish line at Ong Cay Bridge, Ho Chi Minh City. The first team in will win VND 300,000,000!
#2: Couple (=)
#3: Brothers (=)

Well, maybe the finale is not the best leg, the result is not what I wanted, but the racers in this episode really inspired me a lot. This is the first time Vietnam has a reality show like this, so I can’t really blame on them. I just hope for better seasons in the future so we can enjoy this great reality show :hearts:

zeeyyy:
Thanks anhgau2007 for the detailed recaps (better than the wiki one = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Vietnam !) and the little nuggets of information here & there (this is indeed news - Minh Hoàng and Chí Bình did a nude photo shoot!).   :tup: :tup:

For a 1st timer, this franchise did rather well, IMHO...  :)

This race has shown me that there are more to Vietnam than HCM City!  )-**

Well, now on to season 2!  :hearts:

Thanks again!  :tup: :tup:

Best Loser:

--- Quote from: zeeyyy on August 12, 2012, 09:02:45 PM ---Thanks anhgau2007 for the detailed recaps (better than the wiki one = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Vietnam !) and the little nuggets of information here & there (this is indeed news - Minh Hoàng and Chí Bình did a nude photo shoot!).   :tup: :tup:

For a 1st timer, this franchise did rather well, IMHO...  :)

This race has shown me that there are more to Vietnam than HCM City!  )-**

Well, now on to season 2!  :hearts:

Thanks again!  :tup: :tup:

--- End quote ---
(I wouldn't be surprised if anhgau2007 was the one updating wikipedia), but thank you anhgau2007 and lepnit304 for your added stuff to this discussion thread.

I'm also impressed at what all has been shown of Vietnam. I had no idea that some of this existed, such as the sand dunes.

One other question: Do any of you know which team was being rooted for by people who actually know Vietnamese?

anhgau2007:

--- Quote from: Best Loser on August 12, 2012, 09:17:59 PM ---(I wouldn't be surprised if anhgau2007 was the one updating wikipedia), but thank you anhgau2007 and lepnit304 for your added stuff to this discussion thread.

I'm also impressed at what all has been shown of Vietnam. I had no idea that some of this existed, such as the sand dunes.

One other question: Do any of you know which team was being rooted for by people who actually know Vietnamese?

--- End quote ---
I only updated The Amazing Race Wiki. I don't know who updated Wikipedia, the details there are wrong sometimes.
Based on what I see, young girls and moms like the actors cuz they're... handsome (always that reason lol) while other people either dont like them or like Thành Phúc but hate Baggio. A lot of people like the couple and the travelers while the brothers don't have many fans (maybe cuz they're not... so fun to watch, but I like them). Also people like the cousins (purple team, cơm cháy team, supermen,...) so they turn to hate teams that U-Turned them lol. The co-workers have lots of fans too. RiMi have fans, but seems like they only like Richie. The others...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version