The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!

<< < (4/35) > >>

anhgau2007:
Ep 2 Recap
Teams left the pit start in the following order:
#1: The best friends - 5:55
#2: The professional travelers - 5:57
#3: The married couple - 5:59
#4: The cousins -  6:15
#5: The Châus - 6:25
#6: The actors - 6:30
#7: The athletic couple - 7:00
#8: The V-A couple (BB Rachel Wannabe & Boyfriend) - 7:17
#9: The brothers - 7:18
#10: The co-workers - 7:28

Route Info: Go to My Dinh Bus Station, find marked buses and go to Kim Boi, Hoa Binh City. When you arrive, find Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery for your next clue.

There were 3 marked buses:
Bus #1 carried the best friends, the professional travelers & the married couple.
Bus #2 carried the cousins, the actors & the Châus. As teams on #1 bus arrived at the cemetery, this bus arrived at Hoa Binh.
Bus #3 carried the other 4 teams. Here, other teams blew air pillows for the co-workers to earn some money :lol3:

At Hoa Binh, all teams took taxis to Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery, except the best friends who took scooter taxis. Teams arrived at the cemetery in the following order:
#1: Professional travelers
#2: Best Friends
#3: Married couple
#4: Cousins
#5: Châus
#6: Actors
#7: Athletic couple
#8: Brothers
#9: Co-workers
#10: V-A couple

Roadblock: Who has eyes for details?
In this roadblock, one team member had to search the ground of the cemetery for 4 numbers: 8, 5, 1, 2. Then use these numbers to open a 4-number combination lock which locked a box contained their next clue. Long, Trâm, Thoa, Sơn, Châu T., Phúc, Thảo, Bằng, Châu B. & Mimi performed this roadblock. They quickly found the numbers, but spent a lot of time to unlock. Teams completed the roadblock in the following order:
#1: Best Friends
#2: Actors
#4: Pro travelers
#5: Cousins
#6: Brothers
#7: Athletic couple
#8: Co-workers
#9: Châus

Route Info: Travel to Hoa Binh Hydroelectric Dam, carry a bucket and obtain water from Da River. When teams had filled up 10 liters (338.14 oz) of water, they would receive their next clues. The task sounded simple but carrying the water up the dam was hard for some teams.

Detour: Farm Play or Farm Work
Both detour required team to travel to Giang Mo Village. In farm play, teams had to walk in stilts on a marked road to receive the next clue. Married couple, athletic couple & brothers chose this detour. In farm work, each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane to receive the next clue. Teams completed the detour in the following order:
#1: Actors
#2: Cousins
#3: Best Friends
#5: Married couple
#6: Châus
#7: Brothers
#8: Athletic couple
#9: Co-workers

Route Info: Travel on foot to the pit stop at the end of the village. The last team to check in may be eliminated. Female villagers, who stood behind Dustin at the pit stop, played gongs to greet the teams.
Placing:
#1: Cousins
#2: Actors
#5: Best friends (came in 3rd but was penalized a 15-minute penalty for taking scooter taxis)
#6: Châus
#7: Brothers
#8: Athletic couple
#9: Co-workers (30-minute for not coming in first, still 9th)
#10: Richie & Mimi (saved by another NEL, no money for leg 4 if not come first in leg 3) (I'd rather choose no money for 1 leg than being cursed)

zeeyyy:

--- Quote from: anhgau2007 on May 26, 2012, 09:51:55 AM ---Ep 2 Recap
Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery

--- End quote ---

From [Link removed by request of webmaster ~Rob] :-
"There are many ghost stories about the ancient cemetery, which prevent locals from visiting the site."

Since TAR contestants are NOT locals, it's all right then...  Wonder if they'll have nightmares...

--- Quote from: anhgau2007 on May 26, 2012, 09:51:55 AM ---
Route Info: Travel to Hoa Binh Hydroelectric Dam, carry a bucket and obtain water from Da River. When teams had filled up 10 liters (338.14 oz) of water, they would receive their next clues. The task sounded simple but carrying the water up the dam was hard for some teams.

--- End quote ---

I think it was hard for ALL teams but Richie & Mimi used the stairs all the way to the top unlike the leading teams who climbed up the slope.

Detour: Farm Play or Farm Work

In farm work, each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane to receive the next clue.

--- End quote ---

I like the male of Athletic couple - even though I didn't understand his jokes, his actions were good enough to make me laugh. Way to go bro!  )-**

Route Info: Travel on foot to the pit stop at the end of the village. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

--- End quote ---

Why is it so hard to eliminate a team in the 1st & 2nd leg? Looks like V-A couple's going home soon...

anhgau2007, thanks a lot for the guide - it a real help in understanding this episode.  :tup:

anhgau2007:
Well, I think it's the first time Vietnam have a show like this, so they want the contestants to experience how tough the race is. Since the cast is pretty good (except Mimi), I think people will sad to see any team eliminated, they want to know about the teams. Now I want Richie & Mimi eliminated and Richie go back to the states, find someone else with him and go for TAR. He's a good guy :tup:
http://youtu.be/kIY7NE714yM

zeeyyy:

--- Quote from: anhgau2007 on May 30, 2012, 03:04:32 AM ---...Richie go back to the states, find someone else with him and go for TAR. He's a good guy :tup:
http://youtu.be/kIY7NE714yM

--- End quote ---

It'll be nice to get all the winners of TAR, TARA, Norge, Vietnam, Brazil, Israel, etc in an international edition to see who's the best...  :conf:

anhgau2007:

--- Quote from: zeeyyy on May 30, 2012, 09:56:11 AM ---It'll be nice to get all the winners of TAR, TARA, Norge, Vietnam, Brazil, Israel, etc in an international edition to see who's the best...  :conf:

--- End quote ---
An international all-star edition? Sounds great. I'd love to see that XD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version