Author Topic: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!  (Read 65863 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
So how well known are Baggio and Thành Phúc? All I know is that they're actors.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »
I've known about Baggio before the race (he's former basketball player), but not Phúc. I've only watched 1 movie with Baggio in it and it was... terrible (or I just don't like that type of movies for teenagers :lol:)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:20:45 PM by anhgau2007 »

Offline nandn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
:luvya:I love this couple.They r best couple gay. Im Tarfan fr. Thailand. :luvya:             

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

I haven’t known Phuc before. He’s just begun his career. Baggio is not a famous actor in Vietnam. He’s played some movies for teenager, and often known as a hot boy  :)

:luvya:I love this couple.They r best couple gay. Im Tarfan fr. Thailand. :luvya:           

Which couple, Tarfan?  :o

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF nandn! And they're not gay (anyway who knows?)

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »
@nandn: If you mean Baggio & Phuc, they have girlfriends. But it doesn't mean they're not gay  :lol:

Racers will catch wild boars in the next episode. Here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1A-7GjiGjE&feature=plcp

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »
One of the tasks on next episode at Con Dao Phu Quoc Islands is smashing the ice blocks by a spoon  :lol: (to get the clues?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlE5KV17wwo&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:14:16 PM by lepnit304 »

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
One of the tasks on next episode at Con Dao Islands is smashing the ice blocks by a spoon  :lol: (to get the clues?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlE5KV17wwo&feature=youtu.be
That's way harder than some ice breaking tasks on TAR, truly Vietnamese style :lol:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:20 AM »
So far the toughest leg imo :iok
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:44:22 PM by anhgau2007 »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
Yeah, the tasks were all pretty good this leg; I really like the Roadblock. What were the 10 questions? Also is the next leg starting immediately, or is the leg double-length? Silly question, but the difference matters to me.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »
So far the toughest leg imo :iok

Thankfully the couple choose the beans separation task instead of the ice breaking one which is really hard, what with the actors switching task midstream...  :'(

It's a TBC episode with actors & brothers trailing...  blahblah blahblah which should put the couple & travellers into the top 3...  blahblah

Are they allowed to empty the baskets of coconuts if the baskets are full, like what brothers & travellers did?

Offline nandn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2012, 09:15:10 AM »
Hello every one.Very difficult to watch by youtube fr.Thailand. :conf:But i did my best.My answer about actor team.They look like gay team maybe it not mind think.My favorite team  tar vietnam.
      1.Dating couple. )-** (i love  her boyfriend.She very lucky&her longlife happyness.)Possitive thinking.
      2.Brother team. :stare Both look like twin brother.Face not diffirent.Try to work hard /good team work.
      3.Cousin team.  :nopoints Good team.No luck.Every team want to kill them. :like: :'(
      4.Professional Traveller team. :yourock: Strong team look seriously race& sometime a little bit :fun
      5.Actor team.More hi speed active&sometime  :bags :colors :kuss:
But almost Vietnam beatiful country&nice people.And now i try to load by youtube.So difficult.

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »
Here are 10 questions, except question no 3. I can’t read it because it’s too blurry.

1. Which team does your teammate love most?
A. The Châus / The kendo players
B. The married couple / The acrobats (The professional travelers chose them)
C. The dating couple / The paragliding couple
D. The best friends
E. The professional travelers
F. The brothers (The actors chose them)
G. Richie-Mimi
H. The actors (The brothers chose them)
I. The co-workers (The dating couple chose them)
J. The cousins

2. Which team does your teammate love least?
A. The Châus / The kendo players
B. The married couple / The acrobats
C. The dating couple / The paragliding couple (The brothers chose them)
D. The best friends
E. The professional travelers (The dating couple & the actors chose them)
F. The brothers
G. Richie-Mimi
H. The actors
I. The co-workers
J. The cousins  (The professional travelers chose them)

3. ???

4. Which tasks did your teammate dislike most?
A. Find the clues at My Dinh National Stadium (The brother & the professional travelers chose)
B. Making a cloth lantern (The dating couple & the actors chose)
C. Making a perfect bed at Sheraton Hotel
D. Installing jeep’s wheels

5. Which legs did your teammate impress most?
A. Hoa Binh -> Ninh Binh (The dating couple chose)
B. Ninh Binh (Cuc Phuong National Park)
C. Da Nang -> Hoi An (The actors, the brothers & the professional travelers chose)
D. Dalat

6. Your teammate has the advantage of
A. Strength (The actors, the brothers & the professional travelers chose)
B. Knowledge
C. Cleverness (The dating couple chose)
D. Communication skills

7. Your teammate is having a problem on
A. Family
B. Job (The dating couple & the professional travelers chose)
C. Love (The actors & the brothers chose)
D. Health

8. Which point does your teammate displeased with you?
A. Solidarity (The brothers chose)
B. Skill differentials
C. Opposite personalities (The dating couple, the actors & the professional travelers chose)
D. Determination

9. Which color does your teammate like most?

The dating couple (Hoang in this case) likes black but he always jokes with his gf he loves pink, so Thao wrote ‘pink’ 2 or 3 times.

The actors (Phuc) likes blue. Baggio chose this color because he saw Phuc was wearing blue T-shirt and cap.

The brothers (Chung) likes yellow.

The professional travelers (Binh) likes red.

10. Which food does your teammate most like to eat?

The dating couple (Hoang) likes to eat Bittet (beefsteak).

The actors (Phuc) likes cake. Baggio guessed Phuc would write ‘cake’ because Phuc often went through the brothers’ backpacks for finding cakes to eat after racing.

The brothers (Chung) likes Nem. I don’t know what exactly ‘Nem’ in this case because we have two different kinds of Nem in Vietnam due to dialectal differences. One food is ‘Nem chua’ (Vietnamese fermented pork) and one is ‘Nem rán’ (Spring rolls), but our Southern people call ‘Spring rolls’ is ‘Cha gio’. So I’m asking them.

The professional travelers (Binh) likes seafood.

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
Also is the next leg starting immediately, or is the leg double-length? Silly question, but the difference matters to me.

I understand what you mean but I don't know the answer. The trailer didn't spoil anything, but I guess it's a double-length leg.

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
Are they allowed to empty the baskets of coconuts if the baskets are full, like what brothers & travellers did?

I don't think so. The brothers & travelers was penalized for 2 hours because the baskets are too heavy for them to carry, and they are allowed to empty them after the penalty, not because they are full.

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
Hello every one.Very difficult to watch by youtube fr.Thailand. :conf:But i did my best.My answer about actor team.They look like gay team maybe it not mind think.My favorite team  tar vietnam.
      1.Dating couple. )-** (i love  her boyfriend.She very lucky&her longlife happyness.)Possitive thinking.
      2.Brother team. :stare Both look like twin brother.Face not diffirent.Try to work hard /good team work.
      3.Cousin team.  :nopoints Good team.No luck.Every team want to kill them. :like: :'(
      4.Professional Traveller team. :yourock: Strong team look seriously race& sometime a little bit :fun
      5.Actor team.More hi speed active&sometime  :bags :colors :kuss:
But almost Vietnam beatiful country&nice people.And now i try to load by youtube.So difficult.

:o I thought Youtube is the best video-sharing website in the world

Hoàng of the dating couple in the yesterday episode said that he's also a weight-lifter, so I think two basket of coconuts were not difficult for him to carry. He's a very very cool guy

The brothers are so much alike that many Vietnamese audience can't distinguish the one from the other too. It seems that their team and Baggio's team are close

Moms love the travelers a lot because aunt Long often chats with them and he's very humorous. Some moms love them so much that they are looking up the nude pictures of Binh at facebook to watch  :lol3: (I ask a mom to send them to me too :lol:)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
Hoàng of the dating couple in the yesterday episode said that he's also a weight-lifter, so I think two basket of coconuts were not difficult for him to carry. He's a very very cool guy

Was Hoàng penalised the 2 hours?

Also, by answering the 10 questions correctly, the 1st time, may indicate that the actors MAY BE gays after all!  :duno: Even the couple couldn't do it the 1st time around...  :)

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »
Ep 11 Recap
This episode was aired in 27 July, which was Vietnamese Martyrs’ Day.
Starting time:
#1: Travelers 2pm
#2: Brothers 2:56pm
#3: Actors 3:25pm
#4: Couple 4:02pm

Route Info: Make your way to Lien Au Restaurant, Phu Quoc. You have 4,200,000 VND for this leg of the race.
Teams had to make connection via Ho Chi Minh City by bus and then fly to the beautiful Phu Quoc Island. TAR 15’s Elimination Station was also there.
While on taxi to the restaurant, actors though about which team they would Yield if any. Also they wished for a U-Turn in ep 10, which turned out to be true.
#1: Actors (+2)
#2: Couple (+2)
#3: Travelers (-2)
#4: Brothers (-2) (arrived 2nd but couldn’t find the clue and waste their time)

Route Info: Catch a wild boar with a bow on it.
#1: Travelers (+2)
#2: Actors (-1)
#3: Couple (-1)
#4: Brothers (=)

Route Info: Travel to Pearl Oyster Farm and insert glass beads to 10 pearl oysters to form pearls. For each failed or killed pearl oysters, teams received a 5-minute penalty.
#1: Travelers
#2: Brothers (finished 1st but received a 20-minute penalty)
#3: Couple (finished 4th but received a 10-minute penalty)
#4: Actors (finished 2nd but received a 20-minute penalty)

Detour: Hot or Cold
In hot, teams traveled to a pepper farm and separate black and green peppers. They called this detour “Tam Cam Detour” because it related to the story of Tam and Cam, a Vietnamese version of Cinderella when the stepmother  forced Tam to separate green and black beans before she can go to the festival. The couple chose this detour.
In cold, teams traveled to Phu Quoc Ice Factory. Using only a spoon, they had to break the ice and find their clue inside. They weren’t allowed to move the blocks of ice. The rest 3 teams chose this detour but actors switched haft way.
#1: Couple (+2)
#2: Brothers (=)
#3: Travelers (-2)
#4: Actors (=)

Route Info: Travel to Phu Quoc Prison, formerly Coconut Prison to receive your next clue.

Route Info: How well do you know your partner?
In this challenge, teams had to answer a quiz with 10 questions individually. The person outside answer with “What’s your…?” questions while the person inside the prison answer with “What’s your partner’s…?” questions. For each wrong answer of the person inside, their teammate had to carry 1 coconut through a path surrounded with barbed wire. The person inside answer the quiz again till matches their teammate’s answer. If the person outside drop the baskets, they would received a 2-hour penalty and then allowed to empty the baskets to start again.
The 10 questions (add these with 2 phrases above):
1.   favorite team?
2.   least favorite team?
3.   favorite task?
4.   least favorite task?
5.   most impressive leg?
6.   advantage?
7.   problem?
8.   Which point do you (does your teammate) displeased with you (them)?
9.   favorite color?
10.  favorite food?
#1: Couple (=) (4 attempts, 11 coconuts)
#2: Actors (+2) (1 attempt) :iok
#3: Brothers (-1) (10 attempts, 43 coconuts, 2-hour penalty)
#4: Travelers (-1) (8 attempts, 26 coconuts, 2-hour penalty)

Roadblock: Who likes the ocean wind?
Teams travel to Sao Beach. Here, one team member had to guide a key through a rope maze. After extracting the key, they had to pull on a rope with a heavy wooden crate out of the sea and use the key to unlock it. Inside, they would find three photographs. They would finally have to search the beach for three parts of a map, which identified the location of the next destination, Chez Carole Resort.
#1: Couple (=)
#2: Travelers (+2)
#3: ?
#4: ?

Route Info: Travel to the pit stop marked at the map you’ve just found.
#1: Couple (=)
#2: ?
#3: ?
#4: ?

TBC…
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:09:53 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »
One of the tasks on the next episode is singing ‘cai luong’ (aka ‘reformed theatre’, a form of Vietnamese modern folk opera). Check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphn6LN25LQ&feature=player_embedded

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
I love Long's face expression in this game  :lol3:

Offline lepnit304

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »

Was Hoàng penalised the 2 hours?

Also, by answering the 10 questions correctly, the 1st time, may indicate that the actors MAY BE gays after all!  :duno: Even the couple couldn't do it the 1st time around...  :)

1. No, Hoàng wasn't

2. Baggio's team answered 10 questions correctly in the first time because Phuc didn't answer exactly what he really liked or disliked. His answers, in fact, were based on what Baggio liked, disliked, saw or knew about him, like his favorite color, he chose blue because it was also his T-shirt's color, and it's easy for Baggio to guess the answer ...

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »
One of the tasks on the next episode is singing ‘cai luong’ (aka ‘reformed theatre’, a form of Vietnamese modern folk opera). Check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphn6LN25LQ&feature=player_embedded
I LOLed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »
That leg sure was something. The actors are clearly the most-likely winners, but I'd rather the dating couple or the brothers win. Also, is the final leg going to be in Ho Chi Minh City as well?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:55:20 PM by Best Loser »

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
That leg sure was something. The actors are clearly the most-likely winners, but I'd rather the dating couple or the brothers win. Also, is the final leg going to be in Ho Chi Minh City as well?
What do you mean "something"?

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
Why didn't Phương Thảo do the roadblock at the circus task when a woman's natural ability will overcome the 3 tasks with relative ease?

But it was fantastic to watch Minh Hoàng do the hula hoops with his knees/thighs!!!   :yess: :yess:

Sad to see the travellers go - they were a strong team but it's Chí Bình's "mathability" that got them a 90mins penalty - why didn't they take the penalty earlier? & why was it just a 90mins penalty instead of the usual 4 hours???  :duno: