Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406305 times)

addie

Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1075 on: November 03, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
Yeah, but before that no one ever heard of the Netherlands being good in waterpolo. There are not much people playing it.  ;)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1076 on: November 03, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »
The water polo task might take place in one of the Russian legs. Remembering the mud volleyball task from season 15 (Estonia), I can analogize volleyball and WP is to Estonia and Russia. It must be  a match or coincidence. That would be a freezing challenge to play in COLD water. Brrr... :ascared
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1077 on: November 03, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
Can that water polo task be in Amsterdam? Water polo is popular there.

What water polo task? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1078 on: November 03, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
Can that water polo task be in Amsterdam? Water polo is popular there.

What water polo task? ???

He probably mean the synchronized water dance peach..  ;)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

addie

« Reply #1079 on: November 03, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »
I'll most probably post this too late again but "Off To See The Wizard" is leg 7 episode title quote.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1080 on: November 03, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Yes, the title is in Media already, but thx!

I was thinking water polo, what water polo?? :lol:

We have synchronized swimming in what we believe to be Moscow though...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1081 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
The switchback couldn't be the lock roadblock from S6, could it? Idk if anyone saw the same thing in the preview...or even if I saw anything in the preview...but it looked a lot like it. But Phil said that it was in the Netherlands and had hilarious results...so it couldn't be. Unless there are 2 switchbacks this season?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1082 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
The switchback couldn't be the lock roadblock from S6, could it? Idk if anyone saw the same thing in the preview...or even if I saw anything in the preview...but it looked a lot like it. But Phil said that it was in the Netherlands and had hilarious results...so it couldn't be. Unless there are 2 switchbacks this season?

It could be just an additional task, it doesn't look much challenging as the one in China. He never mentioned the ping pong Roadblock in Shanghai this season as a technical switchback too so otherwise, Phil would have given a vague announcement of two Switchbacks.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1083 on: November 06, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
A switchback is the same task in the same location I believe. And the switchback press says IN THE NETHERLANDS so that is what we have to work with.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1084 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »
As for the Netherlands or Holland switchback, it's probably the season 12 ditch pole vault because it ended with Nicolas removing all his clothes instead of his underwear and that silly Nicolas & Don and Marianna & Julia reaction. :lol3: I can imagine the remaining teams each attempting the "jump". I am pretty disappointed it might not be the season 15 Detour though since Maria & Tiffany struggled for over 3 hours trying to complete either correctly and I want to see what the other teams feel to be them (Maria & Tiffany).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1085 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »
A switchback is the same task in the same location I believe. And the switchback press says IN THE NETHERLANDS so that is what we have to work with.

Partially correct. Season 20's head shave Fast Forward was at a temple while season 7's was near Lake Kaylana, but other than that, everything else is a fact.

I just realized no one chose the head shave FF in season 2 in Thailand which led to it being in the seventh installment. :stare:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »
For the Netherlands switchback, it would be cool if they strapped some racer to the windmill again (like TAR4), even though this was a FF task.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1087 on: November 07, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
As for the Netherlands or Holland switchback, it's probably the season 12 ditch pole vault because it ended with Nicolas removing all his clothes instead of his underwear and that silly Nicolas & Don and Marianna & Julia reaction. :lol3: I can imagine the remaining teams each attempting the "jump". I am pretty disappointed it might not be the season 15 Detour though since Maria & Tiffany struggled for over 3 hours trying to complete either correctly and I want to see what the other teams feel to be them (Maria & Tiffany).

Two good reasons why you won't see it in AR21:

1. It was a DETOUR in Groningen.
2. It is 112 miles from Amsterdam to Groningen and 112 miles back. That's 4 hours by train or car. I don't see that as feasible.

I do agree that the tasks of the challenge of "farmer's golf" is probably going to be more inherently interesting than what we will actually see for the Switchback.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:57:52 PM by apskip »

addie

« Reply #1088 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
Just to clarify, it wasn't carnival challenge, and it's not like normal dutch people dance in these random strange way. And we don't wear these types of clothes. And we don't walk on clogs. But we do eat herring. :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1089 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

Two good reasons why you won't see it in AR21:

1. It was a DETOUR in Groningen.
2. It is 112 miles from Amsterdam to Groningen and 112 miles back. That's 4 hours by train or car. I don't see that as feasible.

I do agree that the tasks of the challenge of "farmer's golf" is probably going to be more inherently interesting than what we will actually see for the Switchback.

I think the pole vault was pretty cool because I remember Shana missing the other side completely. Another reason is that the farmers' Detour did not "end with hilarious results". More like disappointing than funny. I wonder what Phil's commentary on the switchback will be...

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #1090 on: November 08, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
Well Rachel, the haybale rb was tragic, not hilarious, so who knows :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1091 on: November 08, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

The haybales is not the real issue right now with this season's Switchback, besides the first switchback was done in Sweden, not the Netherlands. And I think we have our conclusion the pole vault from season 12 will be our star task. :)

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1092 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
The switchback is

Show content
James & Abba lose their passports in Moscow just like Toni & Dallas.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #1093 on: November 09, 2012, 06:04:36 AM »

The haybales is not the real issue right now with this season's Switchback, besides the first switchback was done in Sweden, not the Netherlands. And I think we have our conclusion the pole vault from season 12 will be our star task. :)

Ahem I was referring to you calling saying the switchback had to be "hilarious" and the first acknowledged Switchback in Haybale land was not hilarious and actually sad. :(

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1094 on: November 09, 2012, 06:28:35 AM »
The switchback is

Show content
James & Abba lose their passports in Moscow just like Toni & Dallas.

:lol3: :lol3:

If this is true, then all our discussions over the dutch thingy is just...   :iok

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1095 on: November 09, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
Episode 8 title

More stealing?!! :duno:. This really makes me think that Leg 7 is TBC leg because I bet the rockers are talking about the cab incident.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1096 on: November 09, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
Episode 8 title

More stealing?!! :duno:. This really makes me think that Leg 7 is TBC leg because I bet the rockers are talking about the cab incident.
Poor rockers, I bet those twinnies are doing another evil trick against them. :gaah:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1097 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
This season just keeps getting more interesting as we progress.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1098 on: November 10, 2012, 02:50:46 AM »
We Was Robbed?  :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1099 on: November 10, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
We Was Robbed?  :lol:

Sounds like Jaymes's country voice in kicking in again.