Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406311 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #975 on: October 01, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
really good catch, Prama!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #976 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
Something we didn't notice, is the fact that there's only 1.2 kms distance between the Centraal Station and the Scheepvaart Museum in Amsterdam, and it takes around 20 minutes walking to complete through Prins Hendrikkade.  And the location where teams (Abby & Ryan, Beekmans) were spotted in the red zone is almost at the same distance.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #977 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »

HEY!

Just notice the yellow-circled picture cropped from the new CBS-Amazing Race banner today..,

if it was meant to be one of the destination where teams are going this season, then it's Prambanan Temple, not very far from Yogyakarta and Borobudur Temple (but it's too far from Surabaya)

I hope it's just a design, not an actual destination...   ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
A couple things about the Baleares leg, based on the partial info we have (of course, all spec, free to discuss and/or dismiss):

The intro caps shows the Castell Bellver and the Formentor Lighthouse (caps below).
In the Bellver cap is interesting to notice a construction that looks like a scenario right next to the well.  Despite the fact that Bellver is a place frequently used for artistic purposes, mostly the pics I found didn't show (insert) that scenario built permanently. So is a good spec to think that could be part of one task performed on the leg (RB/Detour  :duno:).  Also, Bellver is twenty minutes only from the Palma Airport, what is consistant with the sightings we had of TAR during that morning on Mallorca (the famous tweet of the crew member).
Talking about tweets, we also have another one of TAR filming on Ibiza, the island at the southwest of Mallorca the same day.  This could make sense if the leg was designed to make the teams travel north-south along the islands; and I said this, because of the Formentero cap.
The lighthouse is in the Formentor peninsula at the north of Mallorca, and for its location it could provide a plausible PitStop because of the difficulty to reach - there's only one way to go - and because it's an iconic place of the Baleares.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:03:03 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
I like that Alenaveda! Now...how are they going to get there? Scheduled ferry? Charter boats? Should be scenic!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
I like that Alenaveda! Now...how are they going to get there? Scheduled ferry? Charter boats? Should be scenic!

Just as a data, between both places there's a four hours trip, including ferry.

I was talking about Bellver and Formentero; but the route is through Ibiza Island.
You can travel either by ferry or plane.  Iberia has flights all the day between PMI-IBZ, and it takes only 35 minutes.  Let me do a little research, and I'll post it in the transportation thread.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:39:42 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
When Phil said 9 countries this season, I think he referring to the countries they will be visiting outside the US.  Noted that he said it at the starting line, and usually the US isn't really accounted for until the final leg.  So if there is a missing country,  I think it's a new one since people like to see new places especially new countries.  Have there been a previous season of the race where during the season premiere press release doesn't mention a new country, but during the show's season run they visit a new country?  So for my speculation if there is a new country, I'm pretty sure it's in Europe.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
The space between Russia and the Netherlands, could they possibly have popped down to like...Cameroon or somewhere in Africa? I mean...it isn't really going too far out of the way, we know that there is a missing leg somewhere...so maybe?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #983 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, gigglypiggies!

But there are no missing legs, which means no new countries, sadly, although I would have loved a new African nation!

I am repeating myself, but we already HAVE our 9 countries. Including the US.

1-USA to China
2-Indonesia
3-Indonesia
4-Bangladesh
5-Bangladesh
6-Turkey
7-Russia
8-Russia
9-Netherlands
10-Spain
11-France
12-NYC (USA)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #984 on: October 02, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
 :) thanks peach! I've been tryin to register for a while, but I wouldn't ever get an email "advising me of the administers decision" so I just kinda assumed I wasn't allowed. so I just have been creepin here since may.  :lol: 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #985 on: October 02, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
Oh dear, sorry about that!! We are glad to have you creeping or not!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #986 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

The commercials being aired in Australia to promote the season reveal it - it's the cyclo Road Block from TAR3. Definitely infamous (the wrong address on the clue led to Derek & Drew's elimination, and probably to Flo's win as a result), definitely hilarious. The only issue is this race isn't going to Vietnam. My guess is they'll do it in Bangladesh.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #987 on: October 02, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »
What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

The commercials being aired in Australia to promote the season reveal it - it's the cyclo Road Block from TAR3. Definitely infamous (the wrong address on the clue led to Derek & Drew's elimination, and probably to Flo's win as a result), definitely hilarious. The only issue is this race isn't going to Vietnam. My guess is they'll do it in Bangladesh.

Can you cap that? Please our press SPECIFICALLY says the Netherlands.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #988 on: October 02, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Quote from: georgiapeach link=topic=27203.msg805997#msg805997
8-Russia
[/quote

That is not official.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #989 on: October 02, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZncBaovwg&feature=plcp

Right near the end. Maybe there are multiple versions of past tasks (to fit in with "twenty seasons since the original"), and the Dutch one is only one of them? Arguably they could count "play table tennis against a kid champion in China" as one, and that definitely looks much more like Indonesia in the background than anywhere else on the route.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #990 on: October 02, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Can you cap that? Please our press SPECIFICALLY says the Netherlands.

Cap 16 of the pre race video maybe? (One of the Chips on a cyclo in the Indonesia Leg)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #991 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
And do you mean this? Because they are NOT transporting each other, they are both being transported.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #992 on: October 02, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
Oooh, if it's in the Netherlands I'm leaning towards it being the farmersgolf/dancing Detour, and CBS simply made a mistake calling it a Road Block.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #993 on: October 02, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, gigglypiggies!

But there are no missing legs, which means no new countries, sadly, although I would have loved a new African nation!
I am repeating myself, but we already HAVE our 9 countries. Including the US.

1-USA to China
2-Indonesia
3-Indonesia
4-Bangladesh
5-Bangladesh
6-Turkey
7-Russia
8-Russia
9-Netherlands
10-Spain
11-France
12-NYC (USA)
That is not official.

:lol3:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:02:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #994 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
He's right. We don't have any spoilers for a second Russian leg. It could be one in Russia and two in the Netherlands.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #995 on: October 02, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »
Y'all should know me better by now. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #996 on: October 02, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
Why isn't anybody think of the haybales roadblock? Or they aren't going to a rural farm area maybe? Dunno..  :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
The switchback task might not be a task that was origanalily a roadblock (im thinking either detour option on TAR15 that cost Maria & Tiffany the race)

Based on previous experiences with switchbacks (hay bales on TAR6 & TAR18 and shaving heads on TAR5, TAR9 & TAR20) if there's one, is gonna be one the RB already performed in TAR4, TAR12 or TAR15.

TAR 20 had a Switchback Fast Forward. :)

TAR20 had no Switchback Fast Forwards. It did have an idential Fast Forward task. The head shaving tasks. But Switchback tasks are the same exact task at the same exact location, according to CBS in announcements for TAR15. The ony Switchback so far in TAR is the hay bale Roadblocks in TAR6 and TAR15. This was the same exact task in the same exact location, a field in Sweden. The head shaving FF tasks in TAR5, TAR7 and TAR20 all took place in different locations. TAR5 was in Kolkata and TAR20 was in Kerala.....opposite ends of India.

I have to disagree with you this time, DrRox.  When Phil explained what was the FF (pic below), he used this quote: 

"In this Switchback, teams face one of the most unforgettables Fast Forwards in Amazing Race history."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
Why isn't anybody think of the haybales roadblock? Or they aren't going to a rural farm area maybe? Dunno..  :duno:

BECAUSE:

The info comes from the pre-race promos.

What we know:

Vid 1:
9 Countries

25,000 Miles

2 Million $$

Cast Reveal:

This season, which marks the 21st race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game that will raise the stakes for the entire season. If the Team that wins the first leg of the season can outrace the other 10 Teams and win the final leg of the Race, they will double their money and win a $2 million grand prize instead of $1 million.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:37 PM »
Thanks alena and peach.. This is me too lazy to return to the old posts..  :-[