Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406274 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #950 on: September 29, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »
Phil: "I'll just say it had hilarious results the first time."

Not the bell counting in Groningen
Not the eels
This has to be, if it was a ROADBLOCK, the ditch-vaulting in an Amsterdam suburb

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:41:45 PM by apskip »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #951 on: September 29, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »
Phil: "I'll just say it had hilarious results the first time."

Not the bell counting in Groningen
Not the eels
This has to be, it it was a ROADBLOCK, the ditch-vaulting in an Amsterdam suburb

Hey, Apskip, did you remember this?

Which Netherlands Roadblock are they talking about?
- The TAR12 pole-jumping or the TAR15 bell-counting?

What am I missing?  :duno:
If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

And I don't believe it's gonna be the eel RB of TAR4. :( .
The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the windmill fast forward?

I mean they can make it a Roadblock

I wonder what this season's Switchback would be - S4 eel RB?

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Maybe because of Donald doing it in his underwear?  :lol3:

:tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #952 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
  O. M. G  :faint:

We KNOW that this is not true! :lol:

Locations start 1:25
Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
New Country in Africa WTH?
New country in Europe WTH?
back to USA

Perhaps Phil had a brain :fart and was thinking Malawi? ???

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country.  :groan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #953 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:08 PM »

Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
back to USA

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country. :groan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Well, Peach, with all this thing of Catalunya asking for separate from Spain..., I don't know, maybe Phil can see the future  :lol:.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #954 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
...or something!

I would have given anything for a new or even old country in Africa this time...but sadly, it is not to be.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #955 on: September 30, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Peach, OTOH, it raises the odds of an African country for TAR 22. Until the uproar over that bad idea of a film clip being posted on YouTube, I would have thought with civilian elected governments now installed in Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, there might be a chance it could be one of those, but the uprest makes me doubt that will happen before next year at the earliest.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #956 on: September 30, 2012, 12:33:41 AM »

Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
back to USA

Swapping Thailand for Bangladesh,  it seems he time-warped back to season 19?   :duno:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #957 on: September 30, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
I'm trying to think of a way that this could be possible, and I just can't! We know that teams were in 'Bangladesh' for around 3-4 days without being sighted. But any new countries would put us over the already stated total of 9!

Phil is great with his geography, and I doubt very much he would have made two mistakes there. Why did he say that?!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:57:07 AM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #958 on: September 30, 2012, 07:12:47 AM »
Categorically, WE know this is NOT true, not possible.

But Phil is entitled, he almost never makes an error, but I did do doubletake and the fastest rewind "did I hear that" ever!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #959 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
"There is also something that comes up that many of the teams and the audience would have seen on the show before," he continues. "Something that's historic in the history of the race and we decided to bring it back."

Hmmm. It could be Phil is talking about something other than the Switchback task; maybe an Intersection? We haven't seen one of those in a while, it is something in the history of the Race. Or perhaps an no-pitstop leg that keeps the teams going into the second leg?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #960 on: September 30, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
"There is also something that comes up that many of the teams and the audience would have seen on the show before," he continues. "Something that's historic in the history of the race and we decided to bring it back."

Hmmm. It could be Phil is talking about something other than the Switchback task; maybe an Intersection? We haven't seen one of those in a while, it is something in the history of the Race. Or perhaps an no-pitstop leg that keeps the teams going into the second leg?

We don't have many historical buried twists to bring back from the past.  The simple U-Turn, the Yield, the 30 minutes penalty...  :duno:

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #961 on: September 30, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
I don't recall anyone from the race revealing that much information in advance. EVER.
 seems odd.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #962 on: September 30, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
Alanevada,

What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
I will say that I hadn't expected the season preview aired at the end of the episode tonight to confirm by the use of a clip that one team makes it to the last few legs, by using a location long time viewers ought to recognize.

Those of you who were paying attention will know exactly what I'm referring to.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #964 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »
I will say that I hadn't expected the season preview aired at the end of the episode tonight to confirm by the use of a clip that one team makes it to the last few legs, by using a location long time viewers ought to recognize.

Chippendales!!!!!!!! :<3 :hrt: :hoot:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #965 on: September 30, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »

Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
back to USA

I believe after looking at the trailer with scenes from presumably every leg or at least country in AR21 that Africa may have been included. From Bangladesh perhaps teams did not go directly to Istanbul.

What if they stopped in the Seychelles? What about Grand Baie in Mauritius? It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #966 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
I don't get how they are going to get flights out of Bangladesh to Africa. The only way would be a Dhaka - Singapore - Johannesburg - Africa route or a Dhaka - Dubai - Africa route, but both South African Airways and Emirates barely operate those routes at all.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #967 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
There is NO Africa. We HAVE our 9 countries accounted for.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #968 on: September 30, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
Quote from: apskip
It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown
It's La Palma: compare with the photo here (one image or the other has been flipped, but you get the idea).

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #969 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
Quote from: apskip
It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown
It's La Palma: compare with the photo here (one image or the other has been flipped, but you get the idea).

Close, but no.  Your pic is from La Palma, in the Canary Island on the Atlantic Ocean.  TAR21 was in Palma de Mallorca, in the Baleares Islands, on the Mediterranean Sea.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #970 on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
IIRC, Didn't Phil say on the start line that there were 12 legs, 9 countries and 3 continents....I've never heard him mention such at the start line before.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #971 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »
Intro and preview caps can be discussed in those 2 threads now if you would like?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #972 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »

I was very much surprised by this too tbh.
In fact two teams consecutively could clearly be made out in that location.  :duno:

Wonder why they did that?
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #973 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »
because WE already did. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #974 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »
I’ll speculate something from this pic

(taken from this post)

I think it will be held in Leg 3 as part of Detour/Active RI. We can see someone sit with a burn coconut on their head, while his friend is holding a frying pan. I think it matches with the one that was mentioned earlier in Season 21’s press release:

..Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia

I also found a video about that task. It’s some kind of traditional act/performance that involves mystical thing. But this one is a little bit more extreme because they didn't use coconut to light up the fire. Take a look:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNbczDTAWSo&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XNbczDTAWSo&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

just my two cents ;D
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future