Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406313 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #925 on: September 08, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »
Thanks to yykris,A cluebox spotted in Moscow

A girl found a young M/F team doing a task about unlock(pretty look like RB in Xi'An leg,S6)...and later she saw a middle-aged M/M team arriving
Now this could be the DUMBEST theory ever, but listen up.
weihen told us that the source said it looked like the TAR6 RB in Xi’an but it was in Moscow, Russia
This could be just me, but I think that is definitely one of the most infamous Roadblocks in TAR history.

My point is, do you think it’s possible that the ‘infamous switchback in the Netherlands’ could be a dodgy CBS misprint and is supposed to be ‘infamous switchback in Russia’?

Also, the press release did not say whether this switchback Roadblock previously took place in the Netherlands last time it appeared CMIIW
So it could be an RB from any country but it’s re-appearing in the Netherlands

IDK, just putting this out there because I don’t think any of the RBs we’ve had in the Netherlands are infamous nor memorable, except TAR12’s, I remember watching that :lol3:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #926 on: September 09, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
This shot was taken between 3:15 and 3:25 pm (assumes June 16th).

And this shot was taken between 4:12 and 4:34 (assumes June 16th).

I'd say the bungee jump at the Navy Yard follows the task at Coney Island.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #927 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Could one do a task at Coney Island and then even get to the Navy Yard in 40 minutes??  ??? There would need to be some safety stuff before a bungy, right? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #928 on: September 09, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
Could one do a task at Coney Island and then even get to the Navy Yard in 40 minutes??  ??? There would need to be some safety stuff before a bungy, right? :duno:

Too many variables, Peach.  Did they complet whatever they were doing fast? Did they have a taxi waiting for them? (I guess they did) There was too much traffic between both places? If they travel by taxi, did the driver know where to go? (you know the TAR classic as much as I am, always one F3 team has cab issues) Did the people on the Bungee work fast?  :gaah:  As I said, too many variables.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

addie

« Reply #929 on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »
Since you asked me to do some research about the Martinitoren in Groningen, I had send an e-mail to the Martinitoren. Someone sended me this back, so I can tell you that they haven't visited Groningen the days the race went to the Netherlands:

Goedemorgen meneer Meinderts,

Ik heb in onze agenda gekeken welke verhuringen in juni hebben plaatsgevonden, maar vind daaronder geen Amerikaanse spelshow.
Misschien kunt u iets duidelijker aangeven wat men in de Martinikerk deed of de naam van de spelshow?

Mijn aanvullende vraag is wat is de achtergrond van uw verzoek om meer informatie?

Een hartelijke groet vanuit de Martini van Tini

Tini de Haan, secretaresse van het bestuur van de
Stichting Martinikerk Groningen

Martinikerk: Ruimte voor Inspiratie
Martinikerkhof 3
9712 JG Groningen

t: 050 3111 277
w: www.martinikerk.nl

Translation:

Good morning Mr. Meinderts,

I have looked in the agenda for the rentals of June, and I haven't found any rentals of an American game show. Maybe you can be a little more specific what they did in the Martinikerk or the name of the show?

My additional question is what the background is behind this request?

Sincerely,

So we can assume that it was either the eel or the ditch vault RB.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #930 on: September 10, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
Peach,

I will give you a different answer than Alanevada. If this were a weekday or if the direction of travel you asked about were in a different direction, then probably he is right about too complex. However, June 16 was a Saturday and except from the western part of the Belt Parkway to Coney Island it should have had reasonable traffic. The drive from Kennedy Airport to Coney Island is 15 minutes. The task itself is the unknown as it would have to be very quick. From Coney Island up to the Belt Parkway to the Brooklyn Queens Expressway to the Brooklyn Navy Yard is slightly under 30 minutes.

So, could it be done in 40 minutes? Highly unlikely with the task time at Coney Island added in. 

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #931 on: September 10, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Peach,

I will give you a different answer than Alanevada. If this were a weekday or if the direction of travel you asked about were in a different direction, then probably he is right about too complex. However, June 16 was a Saturday and except from the western part of the Belt Parkway to Coney Island it should have had reasonable traffic. The drive from Kennedy Airport to Coney Island is 15 minutes. The task itself is the unknown as it would have to be very quick. From Coney Island up to the Belt Parkway to the Brooklyn Queens Expressway to the Brooklyn Navy Yard is slightly under 30 minutes.

So, could it be done in 40 minutes? Highly unlikely with the task time at Coney Island added in. 
Peach,

Apskip, in fact you're providing answers to one of my questions.

There was too much traffic between both places?
June 16 was a Saturday and except from the western part of the Belt Parkway to Coney Island it should have had reasonable traffic. From Coney Island up to the Belt Parkway to the Brooklyn Queens Expressway to the Brooklyn Navy Yard is slightly under 30 minutes. (I did a little Google Map research after my post, and according to GM the estimated time is 26 minutes)

And you agree with me that the key factor on this is the time, and how much of it they spend on doing the unknown task at Coney Island.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #932 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
Since you asked me to do some research about the Martinitoren in Groningen, I had send an e-mail to the Martinitoren. Someone sended me this back, so I can tell you that they haven't visited Groningen the days the race went to the Netherlands:

Ik heb in onze agenda gekeken welke verhuringen in juni hebben plaatsgevonden, maar vind daaronder geen Amerikaanse spelshow.
Misschien kunt u iets duidelijker aangeven wat men in de Martinikerk deed of de naam van de spelshow?

Mijn aanvullende vraag is wat is de achtergrond van uw verzoek om meer informatie?

Martinikerkhof 3
9712 JG Groningen

Translation:

I have looked in the agenda for the rentals of June, and I haven't found any rentals of an American game show. Maybe you can be a little more specific what they did in the Martinikerk or the name of the show?

Sincerely,

Thanks a bunch, addie!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #933 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »

Martinikerkhof 3
9712 JG Groningen

Translation:

Sincerely,

Please be the ditch vault roadblock :hearts: (most entertaining roadblock in the netherlands)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #934 on: September 11, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
Tyler Watson ‏@trexwatson

Amazing race... Spotted http://instagr.am/p/L8liqFO5O2/

^On Coney Island

I think they are trying to estimate the size of the Hamburger   :lol:

Or how much beer it would take to fill the mug at the Brooklyn Brewery?
... this is just speculation ...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #935 on: September 11, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
I remember the ditch vault and Grandpa Donald getting down to his skivvies (or further he said).
I also remember the two poker playing girls not being able to finish the golf or ring the bell.
Really tough with swimming in between.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #936 on: September 19, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
I remember the ditch vault and Grandpa Donald getting down to his skivvies (or further he said).
I also remember the two poker playing girls not being able to finish the golf or ring the bell.

Maybe they'll put a twist on that challenge, cuz I could really see that coming.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #937 on: September 19, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

Maybe they'll put a twist on that challenge, cuz I could really see that coming.

In the hay bales switchback there was a change.  In Season 6, teams had to find their next clue; but in Season 15, they had to find a race flag to complete the RB and proceed to the PitStop.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #938 on: September 19, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »

I agree. I bet they will do the ditch vault one, buthave to jump it multiple times.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #939 on: September 22, 2012, 04:05:03 AM »
We got a title!  :hoot:  :hoot:  :hoot:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #940 on: September 22, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »
I don't know about you all, but that's kind of a disappointing title  :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #941 on: September 22, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
RaceUntilWe Die,

I disagree with your assessment. In 3 words CBS has captured the essence of the first leg of AR21. A team must win it in order to take their prize money, assuming that they win AR21, from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000. Only the team doing so will have that possibility, so the pressure to win the first leg will be unbelievable.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #942 on: September 22, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
We got a title!  :hoot:  :hoot:  :hoot:

YAY!! Thank you!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #943 on: September 22, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
RaceUntilWe Die,

I disagree with your assessment. In 3 words CBS has captured the essence of the first leg of AR21. A team must win it in order to take their prize money, assuming that they win AR21, from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000. Only the team doing so will have that possibility, so the pressure to win the first leg will be unbelievable.

I don't know about you all, but that's kind of a disappointing title  :groan:

I'm with RaceUntilWeDie. I personally like title quotes that are humorous or funny, but everyone has personal opinions.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #944 on: September 22, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Episode Quotes' main purpose is to compress the essence of an episode using just a few words. Having a funny line is just a bonus. :tup:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:36:10 PM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #945 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
The title is all about marketing, but will it increase ratings?
I'll watch for sure. I am addicted.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #946 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
I like the episode title :hearts:! It is perfect for the $2 million twist. It sounds like a Phil quote.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #947 on: September 27, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Anyway, based on CBS website, we got episode title quote for Episode 2. It's Long Hair, Don't Care. :hearts:

The Amazing Race 21 Episode 2

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:29:02 PM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #948 on: September 27, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »
Guess LoveRocked has found it first :lol:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline bobnlori

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #949 on: September 29, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
the title says it all. In all the previous races the team that finished first in the first leg won the race 6 times, Rob/Brennan, Tyler/James, Nick/Starr, Meghan/Cheyne, Ernie/Cindy and Rachel/Dave and the team that finished second won 3 times BJ/Tyler, Tammy/Victor and Nan and Kat