Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406230 times)

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #900 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
I agree with pretty much all of that, supah3ro, it seems pretty obvious from the NYC pictures that those teams were running decoy.

I don't tend to agree that the James' won because it seems like the other two F3 teams could have been ahead of them which is why they were not sighted. But I can't prove that either.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #901 on: August 31, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
I don't believe that one of those three Netherlands roadblocks is going to be repeated. It would be odd to have a Switchback in a different location but those three choices just don't fit the description.

IMO a third time around with the haybales would be really lame...

To me the most infamous RB of all time is the TAR7 Leg 3 eating task or the TAR 15 Leg 11 ringing phones.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #902 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
Which Netherlands Roadblock are they talking about?
- The TAR12 pole-jumping or the TAR15 bell-counting?

What am I missing?  :duno:
If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

And I don't believe it's gonna be the eel RB of TAR4. :( .
The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the windmill fast forward?

I mean they can make it a Roadblock

I wonder what this season's Switchback would be - S4 eel RB?

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Maybe because of Donald doing it in his underwear?  :lol3:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #903 on: August 31, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
I don't believe that one of those three Netherlands roadblocks is going to be repeated. It would be odd to have a Switchback in a different location but those three choices just don't fit the description.

The cast release is very clear that we will though.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”   
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #904 on: August 31, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #905 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

The cast release is very clear that we will though.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”   

I think those can be taken as two different statements. Like this:

1.revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks 2. in the Netherlands

I could be wrong, but if it is one of those three then they are way off about it being one of the most infamous roadblocks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #906 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
I don't agree, I think it needs to be taken at face value for now.

And I loved the muddy ditch jump. Also loved the cheese haul and the manure, but yes, I know they aren't roadblocks.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #907 on: August 31, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
The muddy ditch jump was  a lot of fun to watch, but I don't think it can be considered "infamous" unless people falling in mud is such a huge deal.

:duno:
Bring on the 21!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #908 on: August 31, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Well, we all know CBS does exaggerate just a WEE bit! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #909 on: August 31, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
I believe it might be the bell counting one because the clue referenced s1's lenny talk about a switch back to a switchback of a s1 challenge

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #910 on: September 01, 2012, 01:03:01 AM »
I believe it might be the bell counting one because the clue referenced s1's lenny talk about a switch back to a switchback of a s1 challenge

You lost me??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #911 on: September 02, 2012, 02:02:57 AM »
Thanks to yykris,A cluebox spotted in Moscow

A girl found a young M/F team doing a task about unlock(pretty look like RB in Xi'An leg,S6)...and later she saw a middle-aged M/M team arriving
Never really looked into this  :(
The only famous place in Moscow where this could take place is a bridge on the Vodootvodny Canal
These 'iron trees' are layered with love padlocks, just like the location in TAR6 in Xi'an
Here's a photo of one of the trees in Moscow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moscow-love-padlocks.jpg
^ Notice the tiles formation in the above link is the same as in the photo of the spotted clue box, but that could just be a coincidence...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #912 on: September 02, 2012, 05:44:32 AM »
Looks good!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
Just spec. but could Latvia be the location after Moscow?????????????? :future :future :future :future
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »
Just spec. but could Latvia be the location after Moscow?????????????? :future :future :future :future

:lol3: I just posted speculation about that idea in the TAR Route thread.

Re: TAR21 Route

« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:25:11 PM »

Modify

I think Leg 8 will be Latvia.
1. Its a new country, which every season has had so far.
2. I think they put the 2-leg countries early so they wont have to do them while in europe. Yet, to make it easy for production to stay ahead of teams, neighboring countries like Russia/Latvia and Spain/France would make sense. Just speculation though .

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #915 on: September 04, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »

:lol3: I just posted speculation about that idea in the TAR Route thread.

Re: TAR21 Route

« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:25:11 PM »

Modify

I think Leg 8 will be Latvia.
1. Its a new country, which every season has had so far.
2. I think they put the 2-leg countries early so they wont have to do them while in europe. Yet, to make it easy for production to stay ahead of teams, neighboring countries like Russia/Latvia and Spain/France would make sense. Just speculation though .

Also, that is a simular setup to Season 10. China/Mongolia, Mauritius/Madagascar, Spain/France.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #916 on: September 04, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
Going off the beaten path (a bit) here, but is it possible they go to Armenia? We've got Latvia, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Slovenia, so why not Armenia? It's not going too far out of the way.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #917 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »
I think the season will go like this
Leg 1 - Rob & Sheila Eliminated 11th
Leg 2 - Amy & Daniel Eliminated 10th
Leg 3 - James & Abba Eliminated 9th
Leg 4 - Gary & Will Eliminated 8th
Leg 5 - NEL
Leg 6 - Rob & Kelley Eliminated 7th
Leg 7 - NEL
Leg 8 - Brittany & Caitlin Eliminated 6th
Leg 9 - Double Leg
Leg 10 - Ryan & Abbie Eliminated 5th
Leg 11 - Nadiya & Natalie Eliminated 4th
Leg 12 - Final Three:
              . Trey & Lexie
              . Jaymes & James
              . Josh & Brent

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #918 on: September 04, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
I just don't have the impression that they'd be able to squeeze in travel to another country at that point in the Race. IMHO, it's either a second leg in Russia to fly out through Moscow, or in the Netherlands.
Don't forget they have to be able to get Phil ahead of the teams and an additional country would probably use more time than is likely unaccounted for.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #919 on: September 04, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »
I just don't have the impression that they'd be able to squeeze in travel to another country at that point in the Race. IMHO, it's either a second leg in Russia to fly out through Moscow, or in the Netherlands.
Don't forget they have to be able to get Phil ahead of the teams and an additional country would probably use more time than is likely unaccounted for.

They did it in Season 10.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #920 on: September 05, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
They had more filming time in season 10 as they were filming 13 legs still/

You've got to look at the timeline of when and where the teams are known to be and how much time needs to be accounted for with a leg 8. It takes more time to film in another country for one leg, than to stay in a country and film for two legs back-to-back, probably with a real short pit stop. It's a question of logistics and production time, and Phil's as well as the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #921 on: September 05, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »

Teams were seen in front of the Bolshoi Theater at ~10pm on June 8th. They were not seen again till ~10am on June 11th in front of the Amsterdam Central Train Station. That is about 58 hours of missing time. Figure in two 12 hour pit stops and that leaves about 34 hours to run a leg and travel from Moscow to Amsterdam. Of course the pit stops could be shorter, but just using 12 hours as a marker.

1) How did they get to the Amsterdam Central Train station? I am under the impression that they arrived by train, but from where.....Schipol Airport or somewhere else? Schipol is a major hub for Northwest/Delta. This means lots of Americans, especially in June, yet not one word about anyone seeing them there.

2) If they came from somewhere in Holland other than Schipol,  where was it? Well some  possibliities..northeastern Holland in the Groningen area or southwestern Holland in the Rotterdam/den Hague area, southeastern Holland at Eindhoven. All have international airports with connections to different places in eastern europe. Bremen, Germany has a large airport just to the east of Holland and teams could have transited to locations in eastern Holland from there. This could represent a 2nd leg in Holland, before teams were observed in Amsterdam.

3) Moscow direct to Schipol. There could have been a 2nd leg in the vicinity of Moscow on June 9/10 and then fly directly to Amsterdam and they were just not seen at Schipol on June 11,but later at Amsterdam Central Train station.

4) 34 hours is plenty of time to travel to a 3rd country in central/eastern Europe and run a leg and get to Holland.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:49:18 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #922 on: September 05, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »

Teams were seen in front of the Bolshoi Theater at ~10pm on June 8th. They were not seen again till ~10am on June 11th in front of the Amsterdam Central Train Station. That is about 58 hours of missing time. Figure in two 12 hour pit stops and that leaves about 34 hours to run a leg and travel from Moscow to Amsterdam. Of course the pit stops could be shorter, but just using 12 hours as a marker.

1) How did they get to the Amsterdam Central Train station? I am under the impression that they arrived by train, but from where.....Schipol Airport or somewhere else? Schipol is a major hub for Northwest/Delta. This means lots of Americans, especially in June, yet not one word about anyone seeing them there.

2) If they came from somewhere in Holland other than Schipol,  where was it? Well some  possibliities..northeastern Holland in the Groningen area or southwestern Holland in the Rotterdam/den Hague area, southeastern Holland at Eindhoven. All have international airports with connections to different places in eastern europe. Bremen, Germany has a large airport just to the east of Holland and teams could have transited to locations in eastern Holland from there. This could represent a 2nd leg in Holland, before teams were observed in Amsterdam.

3) Moscow direct to Schipol. There could have been a 2nd leg in the vicinity of Moscow on June 9/10 and then fly directly to Amsterdam and they were just not seen at Schipol on June 11,but later at Amsterdam Central Train station.

4) 34 hours is plenty of time to travel to a 3rd country in central/eastern Europe and run a leg and get to Holland.

That's an strange coincidence, but Groningen is the same city where the Martinitoren is placed.  The Martinitoren is the tower of the RB in TAR15.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:08:20 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #923 on: September 05, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »

Does anyone have timings for the sightings in Amsterdam, especially at Central Station? I managed to snag @SNKRFRK's tweet at 12.29pm local time, but I don't have an Instagram account so I'm not sure if you can get times off the photos.

But if teams were spotted just past noon, it seems like they wouldn't have just got off a plane from Moscow. The direct flights from Moscow to Amsterdam are 0535-0655 and 1045-1215 (actual arrival 1231), meaning the times don't jive with an arrival at Schiphol at 11am-noon. Connecting flights might work, but it means teams were risking very tight connection times (an hour or so) to make it on a flight to Amsterdam.

This opens up the possibility for other places for Leg 8! But neither St Petersburg nor the Baltic states work for these timings. It'd help a lot if we knew exactly when teams were at Central Station!

Ok, someone has to say it, even if it sounds crazy; but what if we're wrong about the missing leg?  We took for granted that it was in Russia or close to it.  What if our missing leg is in the Netherlands?  Just a spec...  :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #924 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
About the non logical choice of the TAR15 RB as a switchback because the answer is already known...

Did anybody remember the number of the pickets teams had to count to complete the Detour of the Leg in Lithuania on TAR12?
Did anybody remember the number of steps of the stone stair teams had to count to complete the Detour of the Leg in Salvador, Brazil, on TAR13?
Did anybody remember the number of statues at the temple teams had to count to complete the RB of the second Leg in Indonesia of TAR19?

Do it with the pressure of the race - the Netherlands are on the second half of the race, so any mistake make a difference -, and we could easily chose it over the other two.
I don't know why, but when I think of this, always this quote pops:

Dan:  "They do this one season and one person do it for eight hours"
Sam:  "Why on earth would you tell me that right now?"