Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 409693 times)

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #825 on: June 17, 2012, 01:09:14 AM »
if i had to guess, i would say the finish line would be at arthur ashe stadium.  To get from Chinatown to Arthur Ashe; it would require battling some ridiculous traffic. 

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #826 on: June 17, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »
another possible finish line would be madison square garden. 

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #827 on: June 17, 2012, 02:38:07 AM »

Evidence for them not being decoys:

1. The helicopter near them
2. It was getting late to be decoying

Am I missing anything? ???
We got the time of Abby/Srilanka twins appearing just by the time it posted? He may post them later...
Still think Abby/twins are decoys.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #828 on: June 17, 2012, 06:12:00 AM »
I want to discuss the possibility that the real finish is today somewhere other than NYC. That hypothesis is based on having all NYC teams so easily spotted were decoys, the real F3 remaining overnight in France. Decoy teams could have taken overnight trains to Boston, Philadelphia or Washingon or be as close as Long Island or New Jersey or even a repeat of Westchester County (AR10).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:31:03 PM by apskip »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #829 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
I want to discuss the possibility that the real finish is today somewhere other than NYC. That hypothesis is based on having all NYC teams so easily spotted were decoys, their the real F3 remaining overnight in France. Decoy teams could have taken overnight trains to Boston, Philadelphia or Washingon or be as close as Long Island or New Jersey or even a repeat of Westchester County (AR10).

Apskip, I thought you were more logical than that. Do you really think that WRP hired helicopters, camera crews, and camera cars just to create a fake leg? They even somehow got the Coney Island webcams turned off.
Of course they were easily spotted, it was a Saturday afternoon in New York City! Actually even with many sightings there is much we don't know. They hid the core tasks and the finish line pretty well and we may have never seen two of the real F3 teams.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #830 on: June 17, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
I would agree with Prophet. WRP would not spend thousands of dollars on decoys. All they need to do is keep the results a secret and not have them spoiled.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #831 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »
I learned once that the best lie is the one who is build from a true.  And in the game of deceits, when the "we know that you know that we know that you know" in set in motion, you reach a moment that you don't trust in anything, even the truth.
On purpose or not, and based on previous experiences with decoys, WRP put us right at that point; taking advantage of our suspicion.  It doesn't mean that one of us is right and the other is wrong.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:09:48 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
Another reason to believe both the twins and Abby and unknown are decoys: neither of them have a clue envelope or a fanny pack to hold their passports and clues.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »
I think yesterday was decoys and the race ended somewhere this afternoon (while RFF was down).

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2012, 03:41:25 AM »
I `am gonna say this a lot, because I`am so sad about it!!!!!!
No NEW Countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think that the TAR21 route is a TAR10 lookalike. Leg 1 China - Leg 10 Spain -Leg 11 France - End-city New York.

Come on Production team you can do way better then that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #835 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
Well, the twins start using their twitter account again yesterday morning.  There are posts at 10.29am and 11.04am.  And in some of this threads I read that Brent Ridge did the same yesterday morning too.  I don't believe that WRP goes to that kind of extremes just to deceit us. 
(Although nothing better than a conspiracy theory to give answers to everything  :lol:)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #836 on: June 18, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
I think yesterday was decoys and the race ended somewhere this afternoon (while RFF was down).

:lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #837 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »

:lol3:
Hmmm...Even if that is true, tweets and instapics would have been posted anyhow. There just wouldn't have necessrily been a lot of followup. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #838 on: June 18, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Another reason to believe both the twins and Abby and unknown are decoys: neither of them have a clue envelope or a fanny pack to hold their passports and clues.

Without knowing what happened in the non spotted legs, if we check all the pics we have of the twins (LAX, Indonesia, Amsterdam and even in France), they always wear black or white snikkers.

(Conspiracy theory, here we go :lol:)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:02:34 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2012, 06:38:36 AM »

Without knowing what happened in the non spotted legs, if we check all the pics we have of the twins (LAX, Indonesia, Amsterdam and even in France), they always wear black or white snikkers.

(Conspiracy theory, here we go :lol:)
Maybe they visited an orphanage while in Spain and gave away their shoes?

Offline avatara

• RFF Newbie
  • Well behaved women never make history.
« Reply #840 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
 :hearts: :hearts:  I am lost. :tantrum
Well behaved women rarely make history.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #841 on: June 19, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »

Offline avatara

• RFF Newbie
  • Well behaved women never make history.
« Reply #842 on: June 19, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
I am trying to figure this forum out. :tantrum
Well behaved women rarely make history.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #843 on: June 19, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
The FIRST post of each thread has the how to's and summaries.

Start with the Timeline for a complete summary of the race so far, then work your way thru the live sightings if you want to get the full flavor!

:welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:02 AM »
The filming of TAR21 is over, and now we have to Waite to September to see the Show!!!!
I think that people here have done a wonderful job, by tracking the Teams and Phil down!  :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

What i`am looking forward to see in the show is Istanbul, Amsterdam, Mallorca, Loire Valley and of course the NYC finish! :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #845 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
TARFansurvivor, the actual filming is over, but that does not mean that travelers who may have encountered the Racers, or production, might not yet post on a blog, Facebook, Twitter, or other sites in the coming weeks. In the days before Twitter, especially, that was often the case, and if someone didn't have smatphone access to their twitter or facebook account while traveling, thet would upload after they get to a location where they do have such access.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
TARFansurvivor, the actual filming is over, but that does not mean that travelers who may have encountered the Racers, or production, might not yet post on a blog, Facebook, Twitter, or other sites in the coming weeks. In the days before Twitter, especially, that was often the case, and if someone didn't have smatphone access to their twitter or facebook account while traveling, thet would upload after they get to a location where they do have such access.

So there is still a chance that, we get the location of leg 8!!!!!!
Great hope it is not Moscow, but a new place!!!
And i still hope that there is only one leg in Bangladesh, and not two!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #847 on: June 20, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
i think we can ID one of the teams in the F3, they have been spotted twice (with cameramen)

i do have a strange theory for @chris_wed's photos:
having teams run around NYC delivering pizza, obviously production know they will be spotted. so they put out decoy teams to run around. they desperately dont want the F3 to be spoiled so they get production in the area to take photos of the decoy teams and upload them to twitter on new accounts and tag #amazigrace so RFF are the first people to find them, and they make us believe whos in the F3

in the 3 photos of ____& Abby, i see no existence of cameramen around them. i dont know about you guys but that screams DECOY at me

Going on your theory....what if they've digitally removed or purposely not taken photos of any crew? If the crew was given instructions to stand away from those teams.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
i think we can ID one of the teams in the F3, they have been spotted twice (with cameramen)

i do have a strange theory for @chris_wed's photos:
having teams run around NYC delivering pizza, obviously production know they will be spotted. so they put out decoy teams to run around. they desperately dont want the F3 to be spoiled so they get production in the area to take photos of the decoy teams and upload them to twitter on new accounts and tag #amazigrace so RFF are the first people to find them, and they make us believe whos in the F3

in the 3 photos of ____& Abby, i see no existence of cameramen around them. i dont know about you guys but that screams DECOY at me

Going on your theory....what if they've digitally removed or purposely not taken photos of any crew? If the crew was given instructions to stand away from those teams.

It's quite unlikely bystanders are going to be asked to avoid taking pictures of the camera crew with the live teams. First of all, the producers won't know who is going to be bystanding or exactly when teams arrive; and experience has shown that if production does anything, they ask bystanders not to take photos.
In the early days (and I don't know of any reason to think it has changed) teams were generally instructed to stay within a certain distance of the camera crew (IIRC it was 100 feet) even if teams had to use the restroom. Likewise, teams sometimes had to wait for their crews, especially if they were recharging their equipment batteries or changing battery packs for the microphones, and so forth, Because of this, and the experience posted in these forums in the past about decoy teams, that explanation seems more plausible than live teams racing without their crews close at hand. And usually, at tasks, there are local crews filming all of the teams that are doing the task.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:42:22 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #849 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »
Thanks to JOY S. SWAINSON for allowing me to share these photos she took while at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.
Please respect her ownership of these photos and do not reproduce them or post them elsewhere without her permission.
The first 2 are Abby and Ryan leaving the Grand Bazaar. Note that Ryan has a Route Info clue in his hand and Abby is carrying a box of some sort.

My guess is that its a Backgammon game - which is very popular in Turkey.

And - Ryan has a Bangladesh T-Shirt on - wonder why???

This is Kelly (of Rob and Kelly - the monster truck drivers) selling tea in the Grand Bazaar. As you can see, our photographer bought some from her!

Original photos are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374487234/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7374488506/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joyfuljoy/7189207459/

It seems that Kelly is doing a RB. :meh
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:56:37 PM by Alenaveda »