Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407350 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #800 on: June 16, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »
Not everything...just maybe these later shots from the new guy?? 10+ hours for a finale is getting long, right?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #801 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
Not everything...just maybe these later shots from the new guy?? 10+ hours for a finale is getting long, right?

We haven't had a TBC finale yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #802 on: June 16, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
In a lovely manner I need to ask Peach to keep her SPEC in SPEC too. What is that about speculating about new production lines in the LIVE thread? :) :<3

oopsie. Got it!!  :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #803 on: June 16, 2012, 07:08:06 PM »

Assuming they were on the 10.30 flight...
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #804 on: June 16, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
Have to agree on the decoy issue, one way to make sure people are spotted is to be in Soho on a Saturday.

I just thought of another location for a possible finish mat.

The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum; the new home of the space shuttle Enterprise; it's along the west side on the Hudson not far from Times Square.

I am really baffled about where the finish mat might be;I'd like something a little more onteresting than a beach on a shore.

I was thinking about Castle Clinton all the way south; it closed to the public at 5 pm, but I guess they'd need time to set up.

I assume the sighting in Coney Island was real.  Any ideas where they would have gone from Coney Island?  It would be kind of a bummer for them not to go to Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn for the final.  Though not sure how far north they'd have them go - Intrepid is in the 40s on the West Side.

Because of the distance I checked all possibilities in Prospect Park, which also seemed as a great backdrop, but it all came negative.

The live cams and live audio feeds from NY that I was watching, even though I couldn't see the helicopters, there was an unusual helicopter traffic increase exactly from 4:55 to 5 PM, which for a Saturday, unless a local can explain, seemed not usual. About six choppers one after another in the lower Manhattan-Governors Island area.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #805 on: June 16, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
5 o'clock News coverage of the Jazz Festival?? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #806 on: June 16, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

They weren't on the next one. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #807 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

They weren't on the next one. :)

:tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #808 on: June 16, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
Because of the distance I checked all possibilities in Prospect Park, which also seemed as a great backdrop, but it all came negative.

The live cams and live audio feeds from NY that I was watching, even though I couldn't see the helicopters, there was an unusual helicopter traffic increase exactly from 4:55 to 5 PM, which for a Saturday, unless a local can explain, seemed not usual. About six choppers one after another in the lower Manhattan-Governors Island area.

I thought of Prospect Park, but it seemed too public.

Castle Clinton and Battery Park are at the southern tip across from Governor's Island.  But I think the 5 o'clock news theory might be right regarding the helicopters.

Not sure if you saw my edit about the Wall Street area not being too crowded on Saturday - what do you think?  It's not all that far, but far enough, from where decoys might be running in Soho.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #809 on: June 16, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »
i never woud use that snickers in the pink girl lol :lol3:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #810 on: June 16, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »
This shot was taken between 3:15 and 3:25 pm (assumes June 16th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #811 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
And Mike Avila kindly and undeceptively reported production helicopters over SoHo at 5:31 pm New York time.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #812 on: June 16, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
And the tweet was about 330.

Chips spotted looking for pizza at 440.

N&N and Abby+ all seen 550PM -650PM.

Maybe NOT time for a finish line inbetween? :duno:

A nighttime finish somewhere would be very nice....  still looking for the iconic shots...watertaxis to somewhere zooming past the Statue of Liberty at sunset?? I could live with that!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #813 on: June 16, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
Decoy choppers?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #814 on: June 16, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »
Well, its only now about sunset in NYC as I post this.

But the idea of using the TAR 1 start or finish location has an appeal to me, given how much of this edition seems to be reusing general locations. Seriously, Flushing Meadows anyone? Even that would look cool at night.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #815 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
It's about 24 min to drive from Coney Island to Lombardi's Pizza

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #816 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »
Decoy choppers?? :lol:

Better not tell Mike!  :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #817 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
And the tweet was about 330.

Chips spotted looking for pizza at 440.

N&N and Abby+ all seen 550PM -650PM.

Maybe NOT time for a finish line inbetween? :duno:

A nighttime finish somewhere would be very nice....  still looking for the iconic shots...watertaxis to somewhere zooming past the Statue of Liberty at sunset?? I could live with that!! :yess:

Well, we already had a finish line at dawn, why not? :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #818 on: June 16, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »
One other idea. Liberty State Park on the New Jersey side of the Harbor (Statute of Liberty from the other side.) Yes, ferries might not be going, but taxis sure could do it.

I keep having this feeling they're going for something newly iconic with New York. That's the common thread of the locations I've been suggesting all afternoon, and it would make huge sense with HD and a finale in early December. If they're on the Jersey shore, then the new WTC ("Freedom") Tower is in the background, even at night along with Lady Liberty....and people wouldn't be associating with the park on the southwest side of the harbor being the finish line for NYC>
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:57:20 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

jiajia12

« Reply #819 on: June 16, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »
Had there been more than 3 teams spotted in SoHo ?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #820 on: June 16, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »
So here is the scoop on Team Pink. 

They are Nadine and Natalie from New York City.  They are twin sisters born in New York City.  But their family is from Sri Lanka and they were raised there.  They moved back to NYC when they were in their teens.  One is attending college to become a physical therapist and the other works for a non-profit organization with ties to Sri Lanka.

same guy (Chris Wed)
http://pic.twitter.com/eopgmEmm
yay! Sri Lankan sisters!

Again, no camera crew.

Backpacks in your own city?  That's strange.

What I find truly strange is no sneakers on the twin with the red headband. Nobody runs in flip-flops, so that screams decoy to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #821 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »

I keep having this feeling they're going for something newly iconic with New York. That's the common thread of the locations I've been suggesting all afternoon, and it would make huge sense with HD and a finale in early December.

Absolutely. We still need that iconic moment.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #822 on: June 16, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
It seems that there are three likely scenarios, listed in order of likelihood:

1. The James' and two other teams are the F3 and twins and dark green are decoying

2. The Chippendales, twins and dark green team are the F3 and the Chips are a ways ahead of the other two

3. The Chips and one of those teams and one other unknown team are the F3 and the other of the spotted teams is decoying and happens to be near the other who is actually racing

Evidence for them being decoys:

1. Wearing backpacks
2. Flip flops
3. No camera or sound seen
4. The convenient twitter account made to post pictures of only these two teams
5. The fact that they are far behind the Chippendales

Evidence for them not being decoys:

1. The helicopter near them
2. It was getting late to be decoying

Am I missing anything? ???
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #823 on: June 16, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
Guys, if WRP had to do all of this things to get us out of their trail, WE'VE BEEN DOING A HELL OF A JOB DURING THE LASTS THREE WEEKS! :lol:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #824 on: June 16, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »
OMG!!! I used to lives minutes from the pizza place in chinatown...it is right around the corner from the spring street subway station in  the middle of chinatown!!! wow, i wish i still lived up there!!