Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407235 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #775 on: June 16, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Here's the second pic at the pizza place.  A closer one.

:tup:  Yep, it a Lombardi's pizza box   :lol3:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #776 on: June 16, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
I have a feeling the actual finale is being filmed in Atlanta and they've hired lookalikes in New York. I also have a feeling it will be a switchback leg inwhich instead of flying an actual simulator plane teams fly paper areoplanes, and instead of the giant map its a black and white printout A4 sheet. CANNOT WAIT <3

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #777 on: June 16, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
IIRC Governor's Island is not Liberty Island.... (where the Statute of Liberty is at) and I could see that as a final mat. In the middle of a Jazz Festival makes no sense from a security viewpoint.

I've also considered the possibility of Bethesda Fountain, or even Flushing Meadows, now that Shea Stadium is gone, but the other possibility is a indoor location, like say, Lincoln Center or somewhere else where they can film without being observed.

But the mention of two guys in dark blue shirts sure does seem like an obvious team ID.
I know Governor's Island is not Liberty Island.

Phil was spotted about 6 hours ago on the Ferry to Governor's Island.  I can't think of why he'd go there were it not for a pit stop.  It's not like you'd head to Governor's Island to go somewhere else in the city.

Phil was not seen on the ferry. The tweeter was going on the ferry. 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #778 on: June 16, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »
@chris_wed

#amazingrace pizza anyone?? http://pic.twitter.com/iuzMRgA
6.01pm.

Abby & unknown, definitely.

This Chris Wed account is very suspicious seems like if it was just opened to place both pics.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #779 on: June 16, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »
Sooooo...where is our iconic BIG NYC finish? The stop your heart adventure of ascending Coit Tower? Or walking down a Honolulu Tower?

Where is the nearly extinct Memory task?

Somehow Coney Island and empty pizza boxes are not doing it for me....   :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #780 on: June 16, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
I have a feeling the actual finale is being filmed in Atlanta

Wash your mouth out with soap. I nearly died the first time. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #781 on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »
Here`s the pic:

Again, no camera people?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #782 on: June 16, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
I think we've got decoys mixed in with that task.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #783 on: June 16, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
Here`s the pic:

Again, no camera people?

Yes, I noticed that too.  And there's another thing:  the account only has this 3 tweets.  :duno:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #784 on: June 16, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
i think we can ID one of the teams in the F3, they have been spotted twice (with cameramen)

i do have a strange theory for @chris_wed's photos:
having teams run around NYC delivering pizza, obviously production know they will be spotted. so they put out decoy teams to run around. they desperately dont want the F3 to be spoiled so they get production in the area to take photos of the decoy teams and upload them to twitter on new accounts and tag #amazigrace so RFF are the first people to find them, and they make us believe whos in the F3

in the 3 photos of ____& Abby, i see no existence of cameramen around them. i dont know about you guys but that screams DECOY at me

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #785 on: June 16, 2012, 06:40:35 PM »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #786 on: June 16, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
So here is the scoop on Team Pink. 

They are Nadine and Natalie from New York City.  They are twin sisters born in New York City.  But their family is from Sri Lanka and they were raised there.  They moved back to NYC when they were in their teens.  One is attending college to become a physical therapist and the other works for a non-profit organization with ties to Sri Lanka.

same guy (Chris Wed)
http://pic.twitter.com/eopgmEmm
yay! Sri Lankan sisters!

Again, no camera crew.

Backpacks in your own city?  That's strange.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:46:34 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #787 on: June 16, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
When was the last time that there were confirmed decoys in the last leg? Portland? Or is my memory failing me.

NYC seems like a likely place to run decoys, but it seems like it has been awhile since they have used them.
And delivering pizza does seem to be so low key compared to other finale tasks of recent seasons.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #788 on: June 16, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
When was the last time that there were confirmed decoys in the last leg? Portland? Or is my memory failing me.

NYC seems like a likely place to run decoys, but it seems like it has been awhile since they have used them.
And delivering pizza does seem to be so low key compared to other finale tasks of recent seasons.

TAR18 at Miami Intl Airport. I think they did that because it was All Stars and most of the teams were recognised straight away

TAR16 during the trunk task. Mike and Louie ran around SF with the trunk, but no cameramen. obvious decoys

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #789 on: June 16, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »
I think the camera guys are what make people think they are racers, as opposed to just being lost tourists.  Shouldn't decoys be getting to the finish line so thay can prepare for the arrival of the finalists.  They shouldn't be messing around with the actual racers at this time of the day.  Just thinkin' out loud here.   ;)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #790 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
At least they remembered to remove the checked bag tags this time!   :lol:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #791 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
I just thought of another location for a possible finish mat.

The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum; the new home of the space shuttle Enterprise; it's along the west side on the Hudson not far from Times Square.

I am really baffled about where the finish mat might be;I'd like something a little more onteresting than a beach on a shore. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #792 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
Um nice thongs...:(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #793 on: June 16, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »

The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum; the new home of the space shuttle Enterprise; it's along the west side on the Hudson not far from Times Square.

I am really baffled about where the finish mat might be;I'd like something a little more onteresting than a beach on a shore. :)

Checked their web site and they are open for business today.   :duno:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #794 on: June 16, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »
I agree with Boingo. No decoys, no hoax. What was the chopper fuzz then for? Just one thing, can someone help me see if the racers are miked (wearing microphones) in the pictures? Thanks.

In a lovely manner I need to ask Peach to keep her SPEC in SPEC too. What is that about speculating about new production lines in the LIVE thread? :)  :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #795 on: June 16, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
Portland ran several decoys even AFTER the finish line because the media presence was so awful there, the finale location was very nearly ruined....which could have ruined an entire race.

Portland is the very reason that RFF tries so hard to be careful about releasing start and finish line info(when we have it) until it is clear the racers are safe. Not to be selfish, but out of some genuine concern for the racers' safety.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #796 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
And hmmm...if racers came in on the 1030 flight as we believe...this is getting to be a VERY long finale.

Have to wonder if we are not seeing POST finish line decoys again, just like in Portland.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #797 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
So here is the scoop on Team Pink. 

They are Nadine and Natalie from New York City.  They are twin sisters born in New York City.  But their family is from Sri Lanka and they were raised there.  They moved back to NYC when they were in their teens.  One is attending college to become a physical therapist and the other works for a non-profit organization with ties to Sri Lanka.

same guy (Chris Wed)
http://pic.twitter.com/eopgmEmm
yay! Sri Lankan sisters!

Again, no camera crew.

Backpacks in your own city?  That's strange.

nvm.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #798 on: June 16, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
i dont these are post decoys as one team has been spotted ACTUALLY racing on this day

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #799 on: June 16, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
Have to agree on the decoy issue, one way to make sure people are spotted is to be in Soho on a Saturday.

I am really baffled about where the finish mat might be;I'd like something a little more onteresting than a beach on a shore.

I was thinking about Castle Clinton all the way south; it closed to the public at 5 pm, but I guess they'd need time to set up.

I assume the sighting in Coney Island was real.  Any ideas where they would have gone from Coney Island?  It would be kind of a bummer for them not to go to Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn for the final.  Though not sure how far north they'd have them go - Intrepid is in the 40s on the West Side.  If they came over from Coney Island/Brooklyn they'd probably be pretty far south.

One thought - the Wall Street area is not crowded on the weekend...

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:08:11 PM by lovetherace »