Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407326 times)

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #650 on: June 15, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
Cierra Cannaley ‏@THEcheerio
saw the filming of amazing race today at one of the chateau's we visited ! :D

requested more information

seems to be traveling in France 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:30:16 AM by dpe »

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #651 on: June 15, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
“@ChristinaMingie: On Elgin waiting for the Amazing Race CBS-style to start. Gonna be an awesome afternoon!” i found the option lol

This one is in Ottawa - pretty sure they aren't there right now.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:33:40 PM by dpe »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
The major chateaux visited in France by tourists are not in Normandy. They are in the Loire Valley.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:26:39 PM by apskip »

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #653 on: June 15, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
What is really interesting is that the small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man were spotted on Sunday and all the other teams were spotted on Monday afternoon.
Sorry, that is the time difference that I miscalculated.. Monday there still Sunday here. That was not her talking about the day that she saw them, it was my reference.

So then we have the five teams spotted the same day:  Abby & unknown, Chippendales, Farmers, Sri Lanka twins and Lexie & Trey.

We still don't know who the short girl was, though I don't see any other female racer that fits that description. For now we only know of 4 teams.

Ya I wish I could have gotten more of a description of the female she saw, but she has since moved on in her travels and that is all she gave us. But if any of the racers fit that description I would say it would be Lexie as well. But the description is just to vague to be positive.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #654 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
With the eleventh leg in France yesterday or today it seems that the tradition of the weekend finale will hold true. Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow everyone! :eye:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »
What is really interesting is that the small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man were spotted on Sunday and all the other teams were spotted on Monday afternoon.
Sorry, that is the time difference that I miscalculated.. Monday there still Sunday here. That was not her talking about the day that she saw them, it was my reference.

So then we have the five teams spotted the same day:  Abby & unknown, Chippendales, Farmers, Sri Lanka twins and Lexie & Trey.

We still don't know who the short girl was, though I don't see any other female racer that fits that description. For now we only know of 4 teams.

Ya I wish I could have gotten more of a description of the female she saw, but she has since moved on in her travels and that is all she gave us. But if any of the racers fit that description I would say it would be Lexie as well. But the description is just to vague to be positive.

It is helpful, because as long as the female was racer then team Michigan and the hippies survived the first three legs but did not make it to the top 5, narrowing down the time where they were eliminated.

paldog123456

« Reply #656 on: June 15, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
Michigan team :'(

Hopefully at least the finale will be in Detroit! (If they were in it, they would've had a huge advantage, because they would know the area. Traffic/construction here is a mess...)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #657 on: June 15, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
I speculate the the Amsterdam Leg is a NEL because there was 4 teams in what is believed to be leg 10.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #658 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Well that tweeter had a photo of Mont Saint Michel.........such a proto-typical TAR type of location. The Tour de France has even used it to start a race stage every now and then. It is a very famous chateau.
Matthew 7:15

paldog123456

« Reply #659 on: June 15, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
Well that tweeter had a photo of Mont Saint Michel.........such a proto-typical TAR type of location. The Tour de France has even used it to start a race stage every now and then. It is a very famous chateau.

Mont Saint Michel is beautiful. I've been there, and they could get some really great shots if they went there.

There's a lot of tourists, but they could still do things like making the famous pancakes.

I even designed a leg there in Cocoa's TAR Design Challenge 2. :lol: Actually, it's my favorite leg I have ever designed :)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
Is that Nadine & Natalie, Trey & Lexy and one of the Chippendales in that Instagram photo? We need to find this location!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
Is that Nadine & Natalie, Trey & Lexy and one of the Chippendales in that Instagram photo? We need to find this location!

I think it is those teams which means either Abby or the farmers were eliminated in Spain. The blonde is Lexy not Abby because she has Lexy's light blue Nikes.

And the spotter posted pix of the Eiffel tower yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:03:05 PM by Prophet »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
Still working on location.

Note the 2 Ford Escapes in the top left.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
« Reply #663 on: June 15, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
Looks like the Sri Lanka sisters are taking their bags out of the car, so they are at least second at this point.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #664 on: June 15, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
It looks to me like the Bois de Boulogne in Paris.

I am checking the -camping area- of the Bois de Boulogne, there are some similarities.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:47:57 PM by Xarles »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #665 on: June 15, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
Are they're racing in Paris, France right now before going to the final leg?  Hopefully they should go to Luxembourg as the new country to visit and we've never heard any new one for this season. :'(

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
Looks like the Sri Lanka sisters are taking their bags out of the car, so they are at least second at this point.
Are they're the ONLY all female team left on that leg right now?  Hopefully they'll won't get eliminated and win the million dollars as the 3rd FF team to win it!  And if so, they should donate their money to their people in Sri Lanka who'd suffered from years of civil war. :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
topaz,

Good theory but obviously World Race Productions does not subscribe to it or we would not have only a minor possibility almost into the final leg. However, there is some hope. Trains from Paris-Gare de L'est reach Luxembourg in 4 hours. The departure schedule looks like this (F=Friday, S=Saturday, Su =Sunday):

0652 F
0753 SSu
1048 S
1347 FSSu
1753 FSSu
1951 FSSu

There is a cargo/charter airline with flights to NYC, Houston and Seattle butt that would not apply. Otherwise almost all flights from Luxembourg are to other large European cities.

Luxembourg has its own international airport for the trip to the U.S.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:50:38 PM by apskip »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »

There was another tweet today about Mallorca, so let's hope we can have more info about this.

It was Lexie.  :yess:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »

There was another tweet today about Mallorca, so let's hope we can have more info about this.

It was Lexie.  :yess:

And you can only guess how happy I am!  :yess: :hearts:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #670 on: June 15, 2012, 04:20:45 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem odd to go from Netherlands to Spain and back up to France again?

Doesn't seem odd to me. What they achieved was to keep France well away from our radars. :)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »

I think it is those teams which means either Abby or the farmers were eliminated in Spain. The blonde is Lexy not Abby because she has Lexy's light blue Nikes.

And the spotter posted pix of the Eiffel tower yesterday.

And she's dressed with the same outfit than in Shangai Airport (check on Reta's pics).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
So final route:

Leg 1: USA - China
Leg 2: China - Indonesia
Leg 3: Indonesia
Leg 4: Indonesia - Bangladesh
Leg 5: Bangladesh
Leg 6: Bangladesh  - Turkey
Leg 7: Turkey - Russia
Leg 8: Russia
Leg 9: Russia - Netherlands
Leg 10: Netherlands - Spain
Leg 11: Spain - France
Leg 12: France - USA?

Is it just me or does it seem odd to go from Netherlands to Spain and back up to France again?

It doesn't always have to make exact geographical sense. Europe is so small anyway, it would barely make a dent financially. S17 saw us go UK > Ghana > Sweden and S12 saw Ireland > Burkina Faso > Lithuania > Croatia which are hugely more expensive detours.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #673 on: June 15, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »

Remember in recent seasons that TAR like to visit a country with a direct flight to the final city in the penultimate leg? That is why I think we have a strange route where Paris may have a better direct flight than Spain.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #674 on: June 15, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »

I think the men  behind Trey and Laxie    isn't a Chippendale........too short to be him ....
And who is that  woman  ??