Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406250 times)

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #625 on: June 13, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »
As a follow up from Amsterdam, my husband's co-worker said she saw a small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man. She did not see any other team member amidst a large crowd. But she did say that there were no Chippendales or she would have definitely stopped  :lol3:
I believe that was on Sunday when they first were sighted.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »
Palma de Mallorca PMI airport doesn't show any direct flights to America. The most likely connecting points should be Barcelona, Madrid and London in that order, so the airports to watch, other than PMI, are BCN El Prat, MAD Barajas, LHR Heathrow and LGW Gatwick.

Offline DallasGumby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #627 on: June 13, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
Palma de Mallorca PMI airport doesn't show any direct flights to America. The most likely connecting points should be Barcelona, Madrid and London in that order, so the airports to watch, other than PMI, are BCN El Prat, MAD Barajas, LHR Heathrow and LGW Gatwick.
I would add Dublin to the list.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #628 on: June 13, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »
I'm a native Spanish speaker, so any help with translations, I would gladly help

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #629 on: June 13, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »
As a follow up from Amsterdam, my husband's co-worker said she saw a small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man. She did not see any other team member amidst a large crowd. But she did say that there were no Chippendales or she would have definitely stopped  :lol3:

Maybe it's because I want it to be, but the only female racer we have that I would call on the small side is Lexi. This could easily have been someone hired to be part of a task though.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #630 on: June 13, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
I'm a native Spanish speaker, so any help with translations, I would gladly help

This is a call to all Spanish and Catalan speakers. TIME to broaden searches as well as our Chinese speaking friends do. Think of all terms possible, like camarógrafos corriendo and such. Look also under Internet domains like .es and Spanish social networks.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2012, 03:07:55 PM »
Daniel Greenberg ‏@danieleric17
Saw them filming Amazing Race yesterday on the streets of Amsterdam. I probably should try out.

nothing rgarding today

Daniel Greenberg ‏@danieleric17
@DomEL5 it was to big muscular guys running around in red shirts and bags with film crews in front and behind by the train station.

Sounds like the Chippendales to me!! We've seen them with red shirts and bags before!

Yes!  In Reta's pic 1 of Shangai Airport on May 29th.

If this is true, plus the pics of the other 3 teams (twins, farmers and Abby & unknown), there's (at least) one team missing to our sight.  No matter if Amsterdam is leg 8 or 9, there should be 5 teams racing.

Maybe it's because I want it to be, but the only female racer we have that I would call on the small side is Lexi. This could easily have been someone hired to be part of a task though.

And if it is right, that makes the five teams I was talking about.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
What is really interesting is that the small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man were spotted on Sunday and all the other teams were spotted on Monday afternoon.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #633 on: June 13, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »
What is really interesting is that the small(ish) lost and distressed 'girl', as she described, with a camera man were spotted on Sunday and all the other teams were spotted on Monday afternoon.

I know that WRP likes to level all teams along the way, but could this be a team taking advantage because of a previous FF?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
I'm from Spain, so if you want help in Spanish here i am.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »

I know that WRP likes to level all teams along the way, but could this be a team taking advantage because of a previous FF?

The most likely answer here is that the co-worker spotted something else that day. Though you never really know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:13:03 PM by north09 »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #636 on: June 13, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

The most likely answer here is that the co-worker spotted something else that day. Though you never really know.

That is a logical answer (why didn't I think about it?  :gaah:).  But is not the first time that a team has a long time difference with the rest of the pack (for example: Colin & Christie in TAR5 or Charla & Mirna in TAR11).  So everything is possible.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #637 on: June 13, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
I'm from Spain, so if you want help in Spanish here i am.
:bigwelcome

Any and all help is appreciated!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #638 on: June 13, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »

That is a logical answer (why didn't I think about it?  :gaah:).  But is not the first time that a team has a long time difference with the rest of the pack (for example: Colin & Christie in TAR5 or Charla & Mirna in TAR11).  So everything is possible.

Well this hasn't yet been proven to be a team. However if it is not there are a lot of strange coincidences...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #639 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
Don't forget, the teams are on different sides of the same street.  They may just be going to where they can cross the street (assuming they are all going to the clue box at train station).  Let's not make too much out of this.  :lol:
They might have been but it's not very logical because the general crossing is right in front of the station where the trams are facing towards in fact. Mind you the whole place has been a mess since ages due to the building of a metro line.

Like I said it might mean nothing at all, perhaps they were snapped looking for a clue and there's another crossing that would lead them around in the right direction in the way they are heading (they have to cross the water you see). I just wanted to point out that they were going in the opposite direction of where they should be heading if the team that was snapped in the Warmoesstraat is in fact in the right direction. As said though, some snap shots with apparently a large time frame between them don't tell us much of a story yet.  ;)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #640 on: June 14, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Sorry, that is the time difference that I miscalculated.. Monday there still Sunday here. That was not her talking about the day that she saw them, it was my reference.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #641 on: June 14, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
Sorry, that is the time difference that I miscalculated.. Monday there still Sunday here. That was not her talking about the day that she saw them, it was my reference.

So then we have the five teams spotted the same day:  Abby & unknown, Chippendales, Farmers, Sri Lanka twins and Lexie & Trey.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #642 on: June 14, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »

So then we have the five teams spotted the same day:  Abby & unknown, Chippendales, Farmers, Sri Lanka twins and Lexie & Trey.

We still don't know who the short girl was, though I don't see any other female racer that fits that description. For now we only know of 4 teams.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #643 on: June 14, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

We still don't know who the short girl was, though I don't see any other female racer that fits that description. For now we only know of 4 teams.

There was another tweet today about Mallorca, so let's hope we can have more info about this.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #644 on: June 14, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »
So if we get a new country is either in Leg 8 or Leg 11 right??

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #645 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
One note on Boston is that sunset is about 8:30pm this time of year.

I can't remember if TAR has gone through Andorra yet. In not, it's not that far away from Barcelona if Spain is in play.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #646 on: June 14, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
Sunset in some places in the U.S., depending on where the location is relative to latitude and a time zone boundary, can be as late as 10 pm local time during these next two weeks. And sunrise can be before 4:00 a.m, local time, depending on the location relative to latitude and the time zone boundary.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #647 on: June 15, 2012, 02:45:47 AM »
Maybe Dominican Republic for Leg 11? There are direct flights from Madrid to there..

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #648 on: June 15, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
Given that we are so close to the summer solstice, production does have a lot of daylight to play with if they're going with a higher latitude city like Boston or Detroit as a final destination. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #649 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Looks like we've got another safe team :)

@perthct #amazingrace #amst

Amsterdam Central station! THOSE TRAMS BEHIND!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. )-**