Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 406261 times)

Offline DallasGumby

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »
Newbie here!

This may be meaningless, but there have been two tweets today about the Amazing Race in Norwegian.  Most recently:
Kneet mitt, buhu.. Kan si Amazing Race Stavern tok knekken på meg!

Which Google translator translates to:
My knee, buhu .. Can say Amazing Race Stavern took toll on me!

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
Well after talking it over with Dom, I'm putting this here too.
I'm pretty sure the spot where the contestants were seen was the Warmoesstraat in Amsterdam.
In fact it's right across a well known shop that's a popular spot for tourists too called the condomerie.

It's not far from the Central Station in the direction the teams were heading in fact. The red light district is very close to it so perhaps they were doing a challenge there?  :lol3:
The Warmoesstraat used to be quite notorious but it has been refurbished over the last years and there is some more interesting and trendy stuff to be found there nowadays in fact a.o.  trendy restaurants, some good pubs. It's one of the oldest streets of Amsterdam so there might be one or two historic spots they may be looking for (eg where the orphanage used to be as well as a cloister, ironically  :lol: ). If I am not mistaken there's also a buddhist temple in that area, closeby at Zeedijk.

The building with the star on it is in fact the main building for the biggest sorority / fraternity in the Netherlands:)

Some caps from google to show.  :)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:48:55 PM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
This shot was taken between 5:13 and 525 pm (assumes June 11).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
So, from Dom's time on Natalie & Nadine's picture near the train station we can conclude that the girls are way ahead!   :wohoo:

I can't see the exact time, but it says 17 hours ago, so around 3-4pm Amsterdam time.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline DallasGumby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
And, now a tweet in Turkish, at 5:39 p.m. Central, June 12:
Begum ‏@begumuncu

Amazing Race'de takimlar Litvanya Vilnus'a uctu ya ekrana gecmisi hatirlayip yapisan tek benimdir

I tried multiple translations of this, but the best I can come up with is:  Amazing Race, the teams flew to Vilnius in Lithuania, or screen, useful for eliminating single mine remembered Archive.

Which lends some credence to the possibility they flew Moscow to Vilnius, before Amsterdam.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:53:56 PM by DallasTARDad »

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
Newbie here!

This may be meaningless, but there have been two tweets today about the Amazing Race in Norwegian.  Most recently:
Kneet mitt, buhu.. Kan si Amazing Race Stavern tok knekken på meg!

Which Google translator translates to:
My knee, buhu .. Can say Amazing Race Stavern took toll on me!

:welcome2:

There was an unrelated local Amazing-Race-style event in Oslo over the weekend. So it wasn't us.  I was bummed it's not our race though- it's another place I used to live, and love.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
I just remembered that the next amazing race is now shooting.
Can someone tell me please where have they been at this moment?
It is hard to find summary in forum.
-
And TAR have never visited Latvia, so if there is going to be some information - I will post it here.

The summary is here!! http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27196.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »
I believe there will be heavy traffic around all major metropolitan areas in the U.S.

I agree.  Monday, on the other hand, is a special holiday in Boston.  :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
And, now a tweet in Turkish, at 5:39 p.m. Central, June 12:
Begum ‏@begumuncu

Amazing Race'de takimlar Litvanya Vilnus'a uctu ya ekrana gecmisi hatirlayip yapisan tek benimdir

I tried multiple translations of this, but the best I can come up with is:  Amazing Race, the teams flew to Vilnius in Lithuania, or screen, useful for eliminating single mine remembered Archive.

Which lends some credence to the possibility they flew Moscow to Vilnius, before Amsterdam.

:welcome: to RFF, DallasTARDad!!

OR they could just be watching TAR 12.... it is SO hard to know! :lol: We need a Turkish translator!

Anyway, you can put new tweets right in the LIVE thread as well! :waves:

Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »
I've been thinking about logistics of trying to follow teams if they fly into Boston for the final leg, and I agree Sunday would be a pain in the neck to track teams due to various obligations that day, including a graduation party for one person and a school dance for another.  Plus Father's Day stuff.

Forget about it. If they come there, you're our girl!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure the spot where the contestants were seen was the Warmoesstraat in Amsterdam.
In fact it's right across a well known shop that's a popular spot for tourists too called the condomerie.

AWESOME Topika!!  :tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
So, from Dom's time on Natalie & Nadine's picture near the train station we can conclude that the girls are way ahead!   :wohoo:

I can't see the exact time, but it says 17 hours ago, so around 3-4pm Amsterdam time.

Ahh...but is that the time the picture was TAKEN or the time it was POSTED?? Could be a BIG difference!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
If the picture was taken earlier then the girls would be even further ahead.   :tup:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #613 on: June 13, 2012, 02:30:39 AM »
@Peach, You're welcome!  :)

The girls are running in the opposite direction though.
So I'm not sure if the other team was lost or whether the girls were going elsewhere first/ running around to find the cluebox/ going the wrong way.

The distances are easy to do by foot though so if they didn't head the wrong way for too long that shouldn't have mattered much and a big time difference can definitely make a lot of difference in this case.  :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #614 on: June 13, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
-mxn- post:

I've got always a two hours difference in my posts on the forum with the hour here; so its almost 4.20pm. in Spain - Palma and Madrid have the same hour -; so if something is happening there - according to that tweet -, it's in this right moment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:08:14 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »
The Madrid tweet was posted 11 hours ago. It was posted about 5:26 am Madrid time.........which fits with the message. He was getting up early to go to work.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
The Madrid tweet was posted 11 hours ago. It was posted about 5:26 am Madrid time.........which fits with the message. He was getting up early to go to work.

Yes, my mistake.  I always forget that Twitter show me the post with my local hour  :gaah:.  But the rest of my post remains correct.  I've got a five hours difference with Spain (seven with the Forum time), so - as I said - if something is happening is right now.

(BTW, anything that matches with this in the transportation area - I know the answer would be in the Transportation thread, but is always good to ask to an expert -?)  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:48:27 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
Mallorca looks quite real. Bullfighting?
RFF's Golden Rule:

addie

« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
Hopefully it will be.

But bull fighting, please not.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »
Mallorca looks quite real. Bullfighting?

Palma has a bullring named Coliseo balear in spanish (Balearic Colliseum)
Here's a pic of it and the location:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:34:42 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »

:umn:  Interesting that "strong tower" translates to "torre fuerte" in Spanish.  Googling that and Mallorca brings up a lot of generic ref. to "castles".  Since TAR loves castles as locations, could be worth looking into castles on Mallorca.   :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
@czarinaKTA
Amazing Race project in Baillie's!

-------------------------------

Baillie´s gardens are a company in Majorca!

12:19 CT/US

I guess we should dismiss this one as there are more Baillie's-everything in the States and she doesn't seem to be in Spain.

There's a "Jonathan Baillie Gardens", but is based not in Mallorca, it's in Menorca, another of the island of the Baleares.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: June 13, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
@Peach, You're welcome!  :)

The girls are running in the opposite direction though.
So I'm not sure if the other team was lost or whether the girls were going elsewhere first/ running around to find the cluebox/ going the wrong way.

The distances are easy to do by foot though so if they didn't head the wrong way for too long that shouldn't have mattered much and a big time difference can definitely make a lot of difference in this case.  :)

Don't forget, the teams are on different sides of the same street.  They may just be going to where they can cross the street (assuming they are all going to the clue box at train station).  Let's not make too much out of this.  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #623 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
Is all they can come up with for Spain something to do with bull fighting? Surely they won't do real bullfighting though...

And nevermind the strong tower thing
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:48:50 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #624 on: June 13, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
@czarinaKTA
Amazing Race project in Baillie's!

-------------------------------

Baillie´s gardens are a company in Majorca!

12:19 CT/US

I guess we should dismiss this one as there are more Baillie's-everything in the States and she doesn't seem to be in Spain.

There's a "Jonathan Baillie Gardens", but is based not in Mallorca, it's in Menorca, another of the island of the Baleares.

it's a gardening company.
http://balearics.angloinfo.com/afdetail.asp?Rec=7123

Jonathan Baillie Gardens

Description:
All aspects of garden design, maintenance and construction. Based in Menorca.