Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407238 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #475 on: June 08, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
bcp19......
squad_Deep_Pond has a pretty average Twitter account. Lots of local pictures.....some are really not good to post on the internet. Lots of personal info there. Sure sounds like the teenager he supposedly is.  And if it is a plant....well he tweeted at exactly the correct times for his travel to central Moscow.
It's not that I think he is a plant, he just looks familiar.  He probably just looks like someone I have seen.

Some people think everyone is a plant :lol:

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #476 on: June 08, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Could teams be heading to Latvia next?

Another leg in a former Soviet country seems likely after Russia, and we still haven't had any new countries  :'(

Latvia is way overdue. Does anyone know if there are other forms of direct transport from Moscow-Riga? Like trains?

paldog123456

« Reply #477 on: June 08, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
There are 2 overnight trains from Moscow to Riga.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
bcp19......
squad_Deep_Pond has a pretty average Twitter account. Lots of local pictures.....some are really not good to post on the internet. Lots of personal info there. Sure sounds like the teenager he supposedly is.  And if it is a plant....well he tweeted at exactly the correct times for his travel to central Moscow.
It's not that I think he is a plant, he just looks familiar.  He probably just looks like someone I have seen.

:lol3:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »
besides Latvia, they'd didn't visited Belarus and Slovak Republic as well.  So either of those 3 Eastern European countries are possible way to get there from Moscow, Russia either through train or airline travel.  As for the benefit QueenofRussia which she didn't knew that the ancient and legendary city of Troy which is a famous place for the Trojan War incident is located in Turkey, here's the info from wikipedia and if you take a look closer to the map of that country, it's just a few step away from Galipoli and hundred miles south of the city of Istanbul: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy

And to get there from Istanbul is I do believe they had to ride a chartered/tourist bus going to the town of Troia where the said ancient city was located.  And that will be nice if they'll feature it for this season. :tup:

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
bcp19......

Whatis a plant?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
bcp19......

Whatis a plant?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
bcp19......

Whatis a plant?

In this case, a plant is someone posting false information to fool us. I don't think that is happening here.

Congratulations on finding sightings in Russia! All help is greatly appreciated. 
 :ty3:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
Squad Deep Pond has answered a question on his instagram photo and revealed a team he saw.

angela_rae
did you see any of the teams? · 55 minutes ago

squadeepond
Ya some old heads with dreads · 40 minutes ago

I'm not sure who he's referring to. The old guy with the mohawk?

Possibly the older hippies M/M team? :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #484 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:02 PM »
CloseUp...not us?

this is possibly the TAR Philippine version?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
Yes, already answered.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
bcp19......

:lol3: :lolmao:

Whatis a plant?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2012, 04:05:26 AM »
Since TAR is in Moscow.......I just want to repost one of Neobie's observations about TAR/WRP travel to Russia.

TAR/WRP always flies out of Russia from the same city they fly into Russia.

So I would completely discount any train trips involving leaving Russia. I have no doubt that they will fly out of Moscow. I would also bet that they fly out of SVO, if that is how they got to Moscow from Istanbul. I plan to try to do more research, but to me, not only the same city, but always the same airport. With St Petersburg, there is no problem because there is only one airport. But Moscow is different....it has two major international airports. SVO and DME. But in all the TAR episodes there, that I have been following the spoilers........I can never remember at any time, teams arriving at DME...........only SVO.  It will be a fun exercise to try to pull up the old info and see if any resolution of this hypothesis can be determined.

One good example of this hypothesis is TAR14. Teams flew to the Asian part of Russia, east of the Urals, for two legs. The legs were in Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk. They took the TransSiberian Train from Krasnoyarsk to Novosibirst. For those that remember, Novosibirsk is where Phil ran down the street in his skivvies. They then went to India. There was a very easy flight from Novosibirsk to Delhi.......but instead they all few back all the way to Moscow and left the country through SVO.

In our discussions, Neobie and I came to the conclusion that there must be some kind of restriction on TAR to fly out the same way they came in. This might be due to the commerical nature of their time in Russia.....maybe a desire to view filmed coverage........or just restriction on making sure they take all the same equipment out of Russia that they took in. It is really hard to know exactly......but they always follow the same pattern when going to Russia.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
Looking at Moscow SVO departures for today.....June 9.......all of the usual European hubs and capitals are on there........... but there are two interesting destinations that are a little intriguing for TAR purposes......Casablanco, Morocco and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Though it is a little early to jump the Atlantic.....Punta Cana would be a reallly good way to hide out.

Casablanco could be the same way......a leg there, then the ferry to Gibraltar, especially for Chateau.......the only way to fly out of Gibraltar is through various airports in England.....Heathrow, Manchester, Liverpool etc....just depends on the day of the week. That would make a very classic TAR zigzag route.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Since TAR is in Moscow.......I just want to repost one of Neobie's observations about TAR/WRP travel to Russia.

So I would completely discount any train trips involving leaving Russia. I have no doubt that they will fly out of Moscow. I would also bet that they fly out of SVO, if that is how they got to Moscow from Istanbul. I plan to try to do more research, but to me, not only the same city, but always the same airport. With St Petersburg, there is no problem because there is only one airport. But Moscow is different....it has two major international airports. SVO and DME. But in all the TAR episodes there, that I have been following the spoilers........I can never remember at any time, teams arriving at DME...........only SVO.  It will be a fun exercise to try to pull up the old info and see if any resolution of this hypothesis can be determined.

One good example of this hypothesis is TAR14. Teams flew to the Asian part of Russia, east of the Urals, for two legs. The legs were in Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk. They took the TransSiberian Train from Krasnoyarsk to Novosibirst. For those that remember, Novosibirsk is where Phil ran down the street in his skivvies. They then went to India. There was a very easy flight from Novosibirsk to Delhi.......but instead they all few back all the way to Moscow and left the country through SVO.

In our discussions, Neobie and I came to the conclusion that there must be some kind of restriction on TAR to fly out the same way they came in. This might be due to the commerical nature of their time in Russia.....maybe a desire to view filmed coverage........or just restriction on making sure they take all the same equipment out of Russia that they took in. It is really hard to know exactly......but they always follow the same pattern when going to Russia.

Dr. Rox,

Your statement if often true but not always. In AR14 episode 6 teams flew from Novosibirsk to Moscow. Some flew to Sheremetyevo and some to Domodedovo. Among the latter was definitely Tammy/Victor, as the telecast showed them navigating the Moscow subway system in a 4.5 hour gap to get to Sheremetyeo, where their flight to Jaipur left from. There may have been other AR14 teams doing the same.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2012, 07:32:08 AM »

Dr. Rox,

Your statement if often true but not always. In AR14 episode 6 teams flew from Novosibirsk to Moscow. Some flew to Sheremetyevo and some to Domodedovo. Among the latter was definitely Tammy/Victor, as the telecast showed them navigating the Moscow subway system in a 4.5 hour gap to get to Sheremetyeo, where their flight to Jaipur left from. There may have been other AR14 teams doing the same.

But they eventually all flew out of Sheremetyeo right?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:38 AM »
Squad Deep Pond has answered a question on his instagram photo and revealed a team he saw.

angela_rae
did you see any of the teams? · 55 minutes ago

squadeepond
Ya some old heads with dreads · 40 minutes ago

I'm not sure who he's referring to. The old guy with the mohawk?

Possibly the older hippies M/M team? :duno:

That's what I thought too.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2012, 07:50:12 AM »

Dr. Rox,

apskip........

Your really should read closer. You actually made my point....All teams Entered Russia at SVO and all teams LEFT Russia through SVO. That is what I said in my orginal post. My post had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with internal Russian domestic flights.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:54:56 AM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
I remember this from Neobie, thanks for the reminder! Good point.

And there is some evidence that filming took place into the late night 6/8, no telling when or IF the leg ended after that. It remains possible also that there is a second leg in Russia, most likely Moscow or vicinity. Plaidmoon's original find suggests the possibility of something going on there until June 10.

And Africa remains a serious contender for the following legs. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »
The only direct flights from SVO to Africa on June 10 that I could find were to Cairo and Sharm el Sheikh....both in Egypt and I really dont think they are in the plan. But there are certainly flights to all the normal European hubs to connect to about anywhere in Africa then.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
SO Bolshoi Theater would be the PitStop right? He said Phil is waiting for the teams. I thought Phil would avoid taking pictures because it might be spoiled.

this explains how he got the picture with phil.

Squad Deep ‏@squad_DEEP_POND
Haha im gonna be on the amazing had to sign a wavier and everything

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
I'd say Belarus is a low probability leg right now because it would be rather sensitive to have an American media/film crew there when the Belarussian government has drawn heavy criticism for civil rights crackdowns. And unlike China, they don't seem to want to have much to deal with the Western world. 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »

Did this apply to TAR13?

It gets tricky!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Moscow to Egypt sounds WAY too TAR5-ish... Please, not now.

I think a Europe (2-3 leg) route now would be great!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Moscow to Egypt sounds WAY too TAR5-ish... Please, not now.

I think a Europe (2-3 leg) route now would be great!

1) There is too much civil unrest in Egypt.....it is not an option.

2) There are already IN Europe......